Pages:
Author

Topic: Stefan Molyneux Youtube Account and 2k Reddit Subs Terminated Today.. - page 6. (Read 1011 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
Twitch Suspends Trump’s Channel for ‘Hateful Conduct’
The action appeared to be the first outright suspension of one of the president’s social media accounts.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/technology/twitch-trump.html

Heard Twitch banned Stef today too..
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
In addition, that leading position must be sustainable over time: if competitive forces or the entry of new firms could discipline the conduct of the leading firm, courts are unlikely to find that the firm has lasting market power.

There is nothing preventing you or some other true conservative from starting conspiratube and hosting whatever you want. But I'm open to the possibility of being proven wrong by the courts, just not sure what Trump/Barr are waiting for if it's such an obvious monopoly.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
There are other sites to put videos on and other ways to promote them (did Youtube even promote these videos? Otherwise what difference does it make which site they're on).

But Reddit deleting The_Donald is just savage... I thought that kind of shit is what Reddit is for. That's like Bitcointalk deleting Bitcoin Discussion.

In the end users will either leave Youtube/Reddit or not. Free market should be free.

All of the censorship leans in one single direction, that of supporting liberal progressive ideas and the US Democratic Party.

Censorship - violent mobs - rewriting history...

Any questions about what's going on?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Youtube has the monopoly as the primary social video hosting platform.

It doesn't. It's quite impossible to prevent videos from being hosted elsewhere. And even if you could achieve your dream of forcing Youtube et al to host the content you like, it still wouldn't work if users and/or advertisers leave the platform as you can see now happening with Facebook. So then what - are you gonna force Nike and Starbucks to pay for the content you like?

You can identify a monopoly however you like, but the law has a very specific way of defining one. Lets look at the requisites for determining a monopoly according to the FTC.

"Market Power

Courts do not require a literal monopoly before applying rules for single firm conduct; that term is used as shorthand for a firm with significant and durable market power — that is, the long term ability to raise price or exclude competitors. That is how that term is used here: a "monopolist" is a firm with significant and durable market power. Courts look at the firm's market share, but typically do not find monopoly power if the firm (or a group of firms acting in concert) has less than 50 percent of the sales of a particular product or service within a certain geographic area. Some courts have required much higher percentages. In addition, that leading position must be sustainable over time: if competitive forces or the entry of new firms could discipline the conduct of the leading firm, courts are unlikely to find that the firm has lasting market power.

Exclusionary Conduct

Judging the conduct of an alleged monopolist requires an in-depth analysis of the market and the means used to achieve or maintain the monopoly. Obtaining a monopoly by superior products, innovation, or business acumen is legal; however, the same result achieved by exclusionary or predatory acts may raise antitrust concerns.

Exclusionary or predatory acts may include such things as exclusive supply or purchase agreements; tying; predatory pricing; or refusal to deal. These topics are discussed in separate Fact Sheets for Single Firm Conduct."

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/single-firm-conduct/monopolization-defined

Exclusionary acts. Check. Control of more than 50% of market share. Check. Youtube is very arguably an illegal monopoly. They also are violating their terms of service contract by restricting use of their platform outside of their agreements as well as acting as publishers while enjoying the liability protections of being a public platform.
legendary
Youtube has the monopoly as the primary social video hosting platform.

It doesn't. It's quite impossible to prevent videos from being hosted elsewhere. And even if you could achieve your dream of forcing Youtube et al to host the content you like, it still wouldn't work if users and/or advertisers leave the platform as you can see now happening with Facebook. So then what - are you gonna force Nike and Starbucks to pay for the content you like?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
There are other sites to put videos on and other ways to promote them (did Youtube even promote these videos? Otherwise what difference does it make which site they're on)...

Youtube has the monopoly as the primary social video hosting platform. Facebook has the monopoly over social networking. Twitter has the monopoly on up to the second current marketing based social media. Google has a monopoly on monopolies (including Youtube). Just because small little lizards exist doersn't mean Godzilla can't crush them with a hard look. This is how these types of businesses work.

They manufacture systems of dependence and control over market share and exploit them almost universally at the expense of the user base and the general public in one way or another. What starts as a simple utility becomes dependence, at which point any competition is easily bought up, made irrelevant, or crushed, and you now operate within the company store with no viable alternatives. This is not a free market, but you know this as you feign objection while quietly relishing the delusion that it serves your goals.
legendary
BTC or BUST
Youtube had removed "Stefan Molyneux" from their autocomplete a while ago... Stef has also had his superchat donation thing taken away for a long time also..

I think he is HODLing a lot of the BTC that has been donated to him over the years so I think he is in OK shape financially..
In one of his latest shows I just watched a chatter asked something like "Do you think Bitcoin is going to zero?" and he replied "Yes, I think it is going to a lot of zeros, but their will be numbers infront of them.."

I hear reddit just axed like 2000 subs today too...

Big things are happening right NOW..

Should I post on 4chan that they can all come here to the P&S board? "Refugees Welcome!" See how much free speech this place can really handle, lol..
Thinking I might...

https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/hi5sd7/over_2000_subs_banned_today_reddits_new_content/
"Over 2000 subs banned today. Reddit’s new content policy has atrocious free speech limitations and explicitly states you may promote hate of any group as long as it is not a minority."
legendary
There are other sites to put videos on and other ways to promote them (did Youtube even promote these videos? Otherwise what difference does it make which site they're on).

But Reddit deleting The_Donald is just savage... I thought that kind of shit is what Reddit is for. That's like Bitcointalk deleting Bitcoin Discussion.

In the end users will either leave Youtube/Reddit or not. Free market should be free.
legendary
BTC or BUST
They are a monopoly, they are acting as publishers, and violating their own terms of service, so no, they aren't free to do whatever they want. This is illegal and action needs to be taken against these modern book burners.

I'm not an expert on that but I definitely agree that they way these huge companies use their influence to sway public opinion is terrible, scary, and wrong..
They are definitely no friends of mine..

They are all part of "them" and the influence they have is incredible..
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
They are a monopoly, they are acting as publishers, and violating their own terms of service, so no, they aren't free to do whatever they want. This is illegal and action needs to be taken against these modern book burners.
legendary
BTC or BUST
Wow.. Very sad..

Worlds current most influential philosopher, self-proclaimed annarcocapitalist, Bitcoin believer and supporter, hero of freedom, shut down by THEM...  

This is very very bad news for freedom...

I know Youtube has the freedom to do whatever they choose, but this is a huge setback for truth IMO..

They are cowards..

Videos can still be found on BitChute.. https://www.bitchute.com/channel/freedomainradio/

A great video he just made in the last few days..
"KILLING HISTORY" AN EXAMINATION OF MARXISM WITH DR DUKE PESTA AND STEFAN MOLYNEUX

BITCOIN VS. GOLD: THE FUTURE OF MONEY - PETER SCHIFF DEBATES STEFAN MOLYNEUX
Pages:
Jump to: