Pages:
Author

Topic: Stellar - page 5. (Read 521199 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250
January 14, 2018, 03:05:32 AM
NXT does not appear to let me offer trades of one made up asset versus another; it insinuates its own native currency into every pair.

That means everything's price has to be figured out in terms of NXT, and that we can only trade our made up assets for each other if one of us somehow has enough NXT to supposedly match the value of the asset.

Also, creating assets can get expensive with NXT and its clones.

Pick a clone with cheap native currency and it is hard to offer to trade two of your 3-bedroom townhouses for one of your buddy's six-bedroom townhouses unless one of you had so much of the native currency you could actually match the native-currency price of such a thing.

But yeah, I do also use HORIZON (a NXT clone), since its native currency is so cheap (especially since it got unlisted on Poloniex). It is useful for folks who trust each other and can make their offers to one-another on some sidechannel then just send each other the agreed assets instead of using the built-in offers system. Using NXT for that would be un-necessarily expensive unless maybe it costs less NXT to create an asset these days than it costs HZ in HORIZON?

-MarkM-

Is HORIZON still trading on any exchanges? I remember it but thought it was finished after poloniex delisted it.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
January 14, 2018, 01:23:37 AM
NXT does not appear to let me offer trades of one made up asset versus another; it insinuates its own native currency into every pair.

That means everything's price has to be figured out in terms of NXT, and that we can only trade our made up assets for each other if one of us somehow has enough NXT to supposedly match the value of the asset.

Also, creating assets can get expensive with NXT and its clones.

Pick a clone with cheap native currency and it is hard to offer to trade two of your 3-bedroom townhouses for one of your buddy's six-bedroom townhouses unless one of you had so much of the native currency you could actually match the native-currency price of such a thing.

But yeah, I do also use HORIZON (a NXT clone), since its native currency is so cheap (especially since it got unlisted on Poloniex). It is useful for folks who trust each other and can make their offers to one-another on some sidechannel then just send each other the agreed assets instead of using the built-in offers system. Using NXT for that would be un-necessarily expensive unless maybe it costs less NXT to create an asset these days than it costs HZ in HORIZON?

-MarkM-
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
January 14, 2018, 12:35:33 AM
Excellent results for this coin. I hope that this is not the highest level XLM can achieve. Even though some of the coins go down, this coin goes up. Well done.

XLM this coin has been following the trend of NXT currency. Technology cannot match with NXT at all. You should pay more attention to NXT and ARDOR's better encryption currency. Grin Grin
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
January 14, 2018, 12:03:32 AM
Does Ripple let you issue your own personal currencies so friends can keep track of their debts to each other and such?

I had the impression Ripple was trying to move away from the original idea, and close everything down so only institutions and exchanges and banks and such could issue currencies?

That is why I chose Stellar over Ripple. It even seemed like Ripple's desktop client got deliberately broken or something so everyone had to use some web-based wallet or something like that so Big Brother could keep track of everything?

-MarkM-

ya ripple is just a pennystock :-D who let this happen? ~ the greedy banksters.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
January 13, 2018, 11:59:10 PM
Does Ripple let you issue your own personal currencies so friends can keep track of their debts to each other and such?

I had the impression Ripple was trying to move away from the original idea, and close everything down so only institutions and exchanges and banks and such could issue currencies?

That is why I chose Stellar over Ripple. It even seemed like Ripple's desktop client got deliberately broken or something so everyone had to use some web-based wallet or something like that so Big Brother could keep track of everything?

-MarkM-
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
January 13, 2018, 11:57:20 PM
My XLM deposit did not arrive on Bittrex, opened a support ticket 3+ weeks ago, but support in not helping.

Its like 10% of my bankroll stuck in the air, and support is not helping. Any way that Stellar support can help speed this up at Bittrex?

If the deposit shows as complete on a block explorer there's nothing anyone can do apart from bittrex.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 13, 2018, 11:47:48 PM
Are there any major differences between this and XRP?

Who ever invested in Steller, they became rich in very short time. But, I do not this one will succeed in long run as Ripple is partnering all major money transfer institutions very rapidly.
Activity: 322
January 13, 2018, 11:45:23 PM
Excellent results for this coin. I hope that this is not the highest level XLM can achieve. Even though some of the coins go down, this coin goes up. Well done.
t is doing well, in recent months are up, even fell behind a bit is turned over several times, some people happy!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
January 03, 2018, 01:01:53 PM
Activity: 115
January 03, 2018, 12:15:42 PM
XLM got pumped so hard couple of hours back. Buy this dip and then we go to mooon.
Activity: 67
January 03, 2018, 11:55:46 AM
Does anyone have a guide to staking XLM for the 1% inflation interest on a ledger Nano?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
January 03, 2018, 03:57:21 AM
where is the dip, I'm waiting to get more Stellar.
How do you stack up your Stellar ?
Activity: 13
Activity: 130
Merit: 1
December 28, 2017, 12:34:54 AM
My XLM deposit did not arrive on Bittrex, opened a support ticket 3+ weeks ago, but support in not helping.

Its like 10% of my bankroll stuck in the air, and support is not helping. Any way that Stellar support can help speed this up at Bittrex?
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
December 18, 2017, 11:31:11 PM
I see that there are many wallets for Stellar. Which are the best wallets recommended for use? The safest, easiest to use, etc?

STELLAR like EMC2 type play will hit 3000>>5000>>>10000 this week :-D weeeee

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_str
Activity: 1932
Merit: 940
December 18, 2017, 03:23:40 PM
Activity: 5
December 11, 2017, 11:10:10 AM
Hello guys, i`m interested to buy some of this coins but i have a problem because i dont know from which site i should buy.

i`ve got already a ledger nano s and i want some guidance from where i can buy(website secure) and transfer afterwards to my ledger wallet. did anybody succeed that?

Also if i can pay bay cred/debit card because i dont have any eth or bitcoins or any of these wallets Sad  .I`m new on this things so dont curse me .Thanks
Activity: 36
December 07, 2017, 05:29:26 AM
Am i wrong if i say this coin can reach MAX 4-5$ in few years? Way to big coin supply...
i bought this coin at .012$ and sold this at .065$ nw thr price is .2$ i think within 4 months price will arnd 1$
Activity: 91
December 06, 2017, 09:16:46 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellar/comments/7hw787/stellar_partnership_announcement_with_gopax_kr/ - get ready to go to MARS. Gopax - Stellar patnership announced officialy!
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
December 02, 2017, 01:10:48 PM
Am i wrong if i say this coin can reach MAX 4-5$ in few years? Way to big coin supply...

Supply is only one of the important and parameters. The other important one is user adoption. Since stellar aims at mass adoption, especially in tsshsssirlf world countries, everything is possible. Of course, othing is sure as well.
Pages:
Jump to: