Pages:
Author

Topic: Stellar - page 50. (Read 521248 times)

RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
January 05, 2015, 11:27:49 AM
Can I still expect my FB account to become elligable in the near future?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
January 05, 2015, 11:24:44 AM
I've sold thousands lately. After reading some of the posts, I guess i'd just have to hold the rest of my strs.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
January 01, 2015, 01:54:06 AM
just wondering, how much STR does the stellar foundation send via the FB giveaway/distribution these days?
legendary
December 30, 2014, 08:12:49 AM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
legendary
December 30, 2014, 08:03:18 AM
legendary
December 30, 2014, 07:59:18 AM
The bitcoin giveaway has been delayed a bit:

https://www.stellar.org/blog/stellar-report-end-of-year-updates/

Due to concerns over scalability and security which should be fixed with major code releases in early 2015, we believe it is necesary to delay the Bitcoin Program until after we have released substantive changes to the way that stellard handles consensus on the network. For more insight into the scalability and security issues driving the new code, read our post Safety, liveness, and fault tolerance–the consensus choices.

Early next year, when the code is closer to release we will make additional announcements about the forthcoming whitepaper authored by Prof. David Mazières. Once the new code is tested, implemented and safe for many more users, we will begin the Bitcoin Program

1) If you have ever had the chance to see academics in action, you will know that action happens at a snails pace. Mostly for good reason. Progress is slow: or purposefully diligent for accuracy. Reputations matter more than output.

2) Security concerns? Use your own judgement on what that means.

3) Substantive code changes, which need to be tested.  Don't hold your breathe for a quick fix and restoration of market confidence.

4) Within the same update, we hear that the not for profit foundation application is still in the works. Counsel is working on the details and the actual application itself. Don't expect formal recognition in 2015, but it is possible towards the last quarter.

What is not addressed is the not-for-profit entities regulatory status. Being based in the US, the entity will get a letter notifying it that it is a money transmitter and needs to be regulated as such, either on a Federal level or State by State. See the highlighted red flags that US Regulators will see as threats requiring regulation status, which Stellar sees as core mission statements:

You can view this as being negative FUD. Funny what random people on the internet bother pointing out, stuff that retained 'Counsel' should point out.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012
December 29, 2014, 08:41:10 AM
This giveaway looks like a good chance for us new users to get a foot in Smiley.

Will watch this closely and hopefully get some Smiley. Does Bitcoin adresses in Bittrex count? or do you have to get the client with a new adress?.
You should move your Bitcoins to some light-weight wallet or use blockchain(online wallet). You don't have control over your private keys in Bittrex.  
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
December 29, 2014, 07:51:47 AM
This giveaway looks like a good chance for us new users to get a foot in Smiley.

Will watch this closely and hopefully get some Smiley. Does Bitcoin adresses in Bittrex count? or do you have to get the client with a new adress?.

you have to prove that you own the address

you dont own an address created by bittrex.

= no it does not count.

Yeah and they took a snapshot of the btc blockchain and will use that to calculate everyones holdings. They already took the snapshot too (date is written in their mandate...it was early this yr) so if you didn't have any btc on that date in a wallet you own then you won't be getting any free STR...i know it sucks...

I need to go back and check all my wallets for that date...I might be lucky and I was holding a lot of btc that day Smiley

EDIT: They didn't actually annouce the date of the snapshot yet...

We will take a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain at a particular date and will set up a claim page that will allow bitcoin holders to receive their pro-rata share of the stellars reserved under this program by verifying they control their address from that blockchain snapshot. For example, a user owning .001% of the bitcoins in the blockchain snapshot would receive .001% of the stellars set aside for bitcoin holders under this program, or 190,000 stellars.

https://www.stellar.org/about/mandate/
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 29, 2014, 07:34:33 AM

you have to prove that you own the address

you dont own an address created by bittrex.

= no it does not count.
Activity: 280
December 29, 2014, 07:29:57 AM

Activity: 311
December 29, 2014, 05:00:46 AM
I will hold.I like Stellar.
legendary
December 27, 2014, 04:35:28 PM
they will take a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain, then by proving that you own the address (instructions not finalised yet), they will give you the same proportion of stellar

dont expect loads... It is 1500 STR for every 1 BTC...

Is that verified somewhere?  What happens to unclaimed giveaways, like Satoshi's allocation?

Links, please  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
December 27, 2014, 03:46:00 PM
they will take a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain, then by proving that you own the address (instructions not finalised yet), they will give you the same proportion of stellar

dont expect loads... It is 1500 STR for every 1 BTC...
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
December 27, 2014, 02:19:22 PM
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001
December 27, 2014, 11:52:19 AM
I see that last few posts are about giveaway. This giveaway will happen automatically? Will we get coins straight to our wallets or I need to do something to get coins?

nope you won't get str automatically to your wallet. you will have to wait to know how you would be able to obtain str.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
December 27, 2014, 11:42:45 AM
I see that last few posts are about giveaway. This giveaway will happen automatically? Will we get coins straight to our wallets or I need to do something to get coins?
legendary
December 27, 2014, 11:01:57 AM
Current market cap needs to drop from $21m to $2m for the giveaway to be neutral on your current STR holdings.

https://stellartalk.org/topic/6490-bitcoin-program-and-stellar-price/page-2

STR is massively overpriced right now because of the giveaway.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
December 27, 2014, 04:56:29 AM
just saw this update:
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_str

Our Stellar deposit system has been changed -- the use of a destination tag is now required. Please stop using your old STR addresses.Posted by OldManKidd at 2014-12-27 05:57:45
Activity: 294
December 27, 2014, 01:43:24 AM
20% giveaway is just horrible. Prices will surely tank then.

Stellar is time and patience play, but at least couple mega pumps and new highs will happen
Pages:
Jump to: