Pages:
Author

Topic: Stellar - page 51. (Read 521248 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 27, 2014, 12:12:29 AM
20% giveaway is just horrible. Prices will surely tank then.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
December 26, 2014, 10:19:45 AM
Lets see how the giveaway goes.

Currently the distribution of Stellar is even worse than that of Ripple. Unless they distribute most of the held share there is no reason to choose Stellar over Ripple. We would do better to wait for another fork which distributed well.

I know what you mean but yeah lets give it some time and see how it goes. One point is true, there are opportunities to be made trading these things in the short term even if they eventually fail.

Personally i love ripple and stellar and always have. ripple trading system is looking very nice these days.

STR BTC giveaway details will be announced soon  Wink
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
December 26, 2014, 09:14:28 AM
Lets see how the giveaway goes.

Currently the distribution of Stellar is even worse than that of Ripple. Unless they distribute most of the held share there is no reason to choose Stellar over Ripple. We would do better to wait for another fork which distributed well.
Activity: 714
Me, myself and I
December 26, 2014, 08:34:49 AM
Stellar giveaway,how to get that
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
December 26, 2014, 06:52:19 AM
downward pressure will begin again very soon with the giveaway...it lasts 2 months starting in January Smiley

https://www.stellar.org/stats/

Total stellars 100,458,735,729
stellars given away 1,553,760,675

The amount of stellars given away is still only 1%+, there's a huge chance that the price will keep going up

stellars that will be given away from Jan/Feb 2015 (bitcoin give away): 20% of total stellars or 20,000,000,000

The supply is about to increase massively...about 1500% increase infact. most of those people will not hold it but sell. there is a huge chance the price will drop significantly now

Yes a massive dump will be quite possible.
Activity: 532
December 26, 2014, 06:13:07 AM
downward pressure will begin again very soon with the giveaway...it lasts 2 months starting in January Smiley

The amount of stellars given away is still only 1%+, there's a huge chance that the price will keep going up
WTF, Where is the other coins?
legendary
December 26, 2014, 03:13:39 AM

stellars that will be given away from Jan/Feb 2015 (bitcoin give away): 20% of total stellars or 20,000,000,000

The supply is about to increase massively...about 1500% increase infact. most of those people will not hold it but sell. there is a huge chance the price will drop significantly now
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 25, 2014, 06:57:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
December 25, 2014, 06:27:36 PM
legendary
December 25, 2014, 01:01:04 PM
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 25, 2014, 12:43:55 PM
Let me guess, any unclaimed stellars under the bitcoin program a go back into the operational fund.....

nope. it will be given away nevertheless.  check out their mandate at stellar.org.
Activity: 490
December 25, 2014, 12:29:45 PM
Let me guess, any unclaimed stellars under the bitcoin program a go back into the operational fund.....
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 25, 2014, 07:31:07 AM
STR is heating up, I predict we're going back up to 2k by the end of the week...

I keep holding my STR till next year
legendary
Activity: 1456
December 24, 2014, 10:37:55 AM
Bitcoin program
20% of the initial stellars are set aside to be distributed to holders of bitcoin and XRP (19% for bitcoin holders and 1% for XRP holders).

We will take a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain at a particular date and will set up a claim page that will allow bitcoin holders to receive their pro-rata share of the stellars reserved under this program by verifying they control their address from that blockchain snapshot. For example, a user owning .001% of the bitcoins in the blockchain snapshot would receive .001% of the stellars set aside for bitcoin holders under this program, or 190,000 stellars.

For bitcoin holders, distribution will begin within 6 months after Stellar is open to the public. The Foundation will maintain this claim site for at least 3 months.

https://www.stellar.org/about/mandate/

Let me get this straight:

1. If a bitcoin holder wants to buy STR now, they shouldn't bother, they will get STR anyway. If they buy STR now, they will lose their free STR later and worse, the STR they buy now will be devalued by those getting free STR and dumping them.

2. Exchanges will end up with free STR and the actual owners of the BTC held by those exchanges won't see a single STR.

3. Satoshi could claim most of the 19% giveaway

Please tell me someone has thought this through and I'm being completely clueless about the carnage that is about to happen.

edit

looks like others think the price will collapse for an extended period

https://stellartalk.org/topic/6490-bitcoin-program-and-stellar-price/
legendary
December 24, 2014, 07:53:52 AM
Hi, I have a couple of questions.

Regarding the XRP and BTC giveaway of 20% of str coins planning to happen before 31 january 2015, when I am right.
1. What happens to unclaimed coins?
2. Being a substantial holder of STR, I am really afraid for a big proce drop after the giveaway, is this a legitimate concern?

Curious to know your ideas?

1. Not too sure about that. I would guess the foundation will keep them and find another way to distribute them.
2. Most of the people expect a sharp price drop after the giveaway (which is possible). But I have also learned that the majority is almost always wrong.

I agree, funny thing is, when everyone is afraid of a pricedrop and because of that not buying at the moment, the opposite could be true. Very probable, might be to see a bottom just before the 20% giveaway.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

People get paid early at Christmas, and they also spend far too much.  The need to liquidate to get some funds will be widespread.
Activity: 778
December 24, 2014, 07:04:01 AM

Regarding the XRP and BTC giveaway of 20% of str coins planning to happen before 31 january 2015, when I am right.
2. Being a substantial holder of STR, I am really afraid for a big proce drop after the giveaway, is this a legitimate concern?

1. Not too sure about that. I would guess the foundation will keep them and find another way to distribute them.
2. Most of the people expect a sharp price drop after the giveaway (which is possible). But I have also learned that the majority is almost always wrong.

I agree, funny thing is, when everyone is afraid of a pricedrop and because of that not buying at the moment, the opposite could be true. Very probable, might be to see a bottom just before the 20% giveaway.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
December 24, 2014, 05:00:42 AM
Warning: There's a phishing site. Here's the link: http://launch-stellar.co.nf/#/login → DO NOT ENTER YOUR PASSWORD IN THIS LINK! Check the link every time you are logging into your wallet..
Activity: 778
December 24, 2014, 04:58:15 AM

legendary
December 23, 2014, 07:11:13 PM
As this is not the main Stellar thread, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, some of which might be difficult, some just plain noobish to the Stellar approach.

I have been to a few meetings with bankers that made their living moving money for Wal-Mart into China to pay for goods.  As you may know WalMart buys a significant proportion of its goods from China so it transacts $billions through the banking system.  WalMart move so much money they can do so almost at cost.

Stellar is not really for big businesses. It does make sense for the majority of the market, the SME banking system and possibly the remittances market. Big businesses might be interested if it means they can trust Stellar and remove their cost of maintaining their own networks, but that carries various risks including regulatory risks.

But why isn't Stellar subject to regulations?

The only way I can think it would avoid being a regulated entity is if Stellar is a payment gateway where funds are never at risk. Clearly the recent forks demonstrate that funds might be at risk. If there is a chance that trusted funds might not make it to the other end of a transaction then Stellar needs to be regulated and not in just one jurisdiction but in every country that connects through Stellar. Surely?
What makes you think Stellar is not subject to regulations?

Nothing stands out in their T&Cs

https://www.stellar.org/terms-of-service/

edit

Ripple doesn't seem to be regulated, but it looks like Ripple is thinking about the need to be regulated.

https://ripple.com/bitlicense-how-ripple-labs-approaches-regulations/
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
December 23, 2014, 07:06:47 PM
As this is not the main Stellar thread, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, some of which might be difficult, some just plain noobish to the Stellar approach.

I have been to a few meetings with bankers that made their living moving money for Wal-Mart into China to pay for goods.  As you may know WalMart buys a significant proportion of its goods from China so it transacts $billions through the banking system.  WalMart move so much money they can do so almost at cost.

Stellar is not really for big businesses. It does make sense for the majority of the market, the SME banking system and possibly the remittances market. Big businesses might be interested if it means they can trust Stellar and remove their cost of maintaining their own networks, but that carries various risks including regulatory risks.

But why isn't Stellar subject to regulations?

The only way I can think it would avoid being a regulated entity is if Stellar is a payment gateway where funds are never at risk. Clearly the recent forks demonstrate that funds might be at risk. If there is a chance that trusted funds might not make it to the other end of a transaction then Stellar needs to be regulated and not in just one jurisdiction but in every country that connects through Stellar. Surely?
What makes you think Stellar is not subject to regulations?
Pages:
Jump to: