Pages:
Author

Topic: Stellar - page 52. (Read 521248 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 23, 2014, 06:08:36 PM
As this is not the main Stellar thread, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, some of which might be difficult, some just plain noobish to the Stellar approach.

I have been to a few meetings with bankers that made their living moving money for Wal-Mart into China to pay for goods.  As you may know WalMart buys a significant proportion of its goods from China so it transacts $billions through the banking system.  WalMart move so much money they can do so almost at cost.

Stellar is not really for big businesses. It does make sense for the majority of the market, the SME banking system and possibly the remittances market. Big businesses might be interested if it means they can trust Stellar and remove their cost of maintaining their own networks, but that carries various risks including regulatory risks.

But why isn't Stellar subject to regulations?

The only way I can think it would avoid being a regulated entity is if Stellar is a payment gateway where funds are never at risk. Clearly the recent forks demonstrate that funds might be at risk. If there is a chance that trusted funds might not make it to the other end of a transaction then Stellar needs to be regulated and not in just one jurisdiction but in every country that connects through Stellar. Surely?
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
December 23, 2014, 12:24:48 PM
stellarvalue.com returns:

Use stellarvalue.org . However stay tuned more stellar features will be implemented in the january/ February , this is an interessant coin.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 23, 2014, 12:22:14 PM
stellarvalue.com returns:

Activity: 672
Merit: 502
December 23, 2014, 07:01:12 AM
After the registration:
Oops!
As part of our ongoing efforts to prevent fraud, we temporarily deny facebook accounts that have been updated too recently. Please try again in a couple of days.

what can i do with this? my last post in fb was dec 15.
stellar account detection mechanism is screwed. you can't do anything about it. :/

Exactly, I invited someone from my family from an invite code I received hoping I'd get some stellars and she had a 3 year old PVC account which was apparently not legit. It's useless.
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
December 23, 2014, 06:06:19 AM
After the registration:
Oops!
As part of our ongoing efforts to prevent fraud, we temporarily deny facebook accounts that have been updated too recently. Please try again in a couple of days.

I just get 'oops, server error'

Is the fact you registered with a phoneverified fb account enough to remain elligable?

I surely hope so  Roll Eyes

id = rjx1979 if anyone feels the need to welcome me Wink

edit: tried again and now I also get the fraudprevention message.

Tried 1 day after and learned that 1 day is not the same as a couple of days.

Marvelous but somewhere I knew this.

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
December 22, 2014, 06:31:23 AM
After the registration:
Oops!

stellar account detection mechanism is screwed. you can't do anything about it. :/

A distribution depending on a centralized social network along with a centralized DB to maintain transaction logs is always screwed.
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
December 22, 2014, 06:12:11 AM
After the registration:
Oops!

I just get 'oops, server error'

Is the fact you registered with a phoneverified fb account enough to remain elligable?

I surely hope so  Roll Eyes

id = rjx1979 if anyone feels the need to welcome me Wink

edit: tried again and now I also get the fraudprevention message.
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001
December 21, 2014, 01:45:46 PM
After the registration:
Oops!

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
December 21, 2014, 10:48:07 AM
After the registration:
Oops!

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 19, 2014, 07:41:55 PM
who knows.  this could be a pump, china being the driver or there must be something behind this move.  hoping for the latter.

and no, XRP and STR cannot be frozen.  ripple has a freeze feature for gateways' IOU's that they themselves issued, not XRP.  stellar has no freeze feature.

Thanks for clearing this up!

no problem.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
December 19, 2014, 06:50:39 AM
who knows.  this could be a pump, china being the driver or there must be something behind this move.  hoping for the latter.

and no, XRP and STR cannot be frozen.  ripple has a freeze feature for gateways' IOU's that they themselves issued, not XRP.  stellar has no freeze feature.

Thanks for clearing this up!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 18, 2014, 11:00:52 PM
same with me , i have not get fiture invite. im on group 4 too
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
December 18, 2014, 07:12:57 PM
As you all guys know, stellar dev's sad that inactive accounts from group 3-4 (who had only 25 STR) wouldn't get an invite.
I'm curious, what if I'd had for example 4 inactive accounts from 4 group and have started to make in/out transactions between each other? Would I get an invite then?
legendary
December 18, 2014, 12:17:25 PM

legendary
#Free market
December 18, 2014, 11:37:03 AM
Stellar and ripple are pumping together like old buddies  Cheesy
Cheesy yeah , two coins are very similar

In the beginning stellar was a fork of ripple , but now I think things are changed...
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
December 18, 2014, 11:32:07 AM
Stellar and ripple are pumping together like old buddies  Cheesy
Cheesy yeah , two coins are very similar
legendary
#Free market
December 18, 2014, 11:23:52 AM
STR is at no.5 at coinmarketcap, leap frogging NXT and DOGE.  hope it holds and stays that way.

I am happy with recent price movement is there any reason. What is the price target for stellar. I am holding from long time.

At the moment it is at #6  on coinmarketcap.com , I think in 24-48 hours it will surpass MaidSafeCoin  ( if the pump will continue).
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
December 18, 2014, 11:19:17 AM
STR is at no.5 at coinmarketcap, leap frogging NXT and DOGE.  hope it holds and stays that way.

I am happy with recent price movement is there any reason. What is the price target for stellar. I am holding from long time.
legendary
December 18, 2014, 10:48:50 AM
STR is at no.5 at coinmarketcap, leap frogging NXT and DOGE.  hope it holds and stays that way.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 17, 2014, 12:58:22 PM
I signed up ages ago and got the 5000 stellars -

Now I can't login!

I have an email from them with the recovery code - however, whenever I try to recover my email, it says "No username with that email"

Hmmm....  Explain that one!

If you forget your username, you can recover it using your registered email on that account. If it said that "No username with that email" then someone has changed your registered email on that account
Pages:
Jump to: