Pages:
Author

Topic: still haven't got a job - page 14. (Read 1923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
October 24, 2017, 08:49:53 PM
Why do you want a job in the first place? Do you absolutely need one or do you just want money and could keep living with your parents for a while? If its the latter look into making money online instead. Jobs are terrible unless you enjoy doing them.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
October 24, 2017, 08:47:59 PM
Don't look for a job, look for a need and satisfy it. What needs to be done around your neighborhood - lawn services? Painting of curbs? Etc.

What skills do you have? Can you fix computers? Post an ad on craigslist/kijijji or whatever your nation uses.

This guy is on to something but he's a bit wrong. You need money to make money. Want to mow that lawn? Buy lawn equipment. Paint curbs? Buy paint , brushes, etc. Everything costs money, so this is only applicable to those who have a cushion and are ready to become independent - I totally agree with you but that's something you consider once you already have enough money to do so.

As for OPs question - Fill out applications, EVERYWHERE. Don't bother walking in somewhere and hoping to speak to a manager and get hired right away - we arent living in the 60's anymore. Everything is online - Just check Craigslist, Indeed, Glassdoor. Apply on every hiring site - and apply for a decent job but don't be picky. AFTER that listen to this guy - go make some stuff man. I dont care if it's customized dildos or macaroni art - find a hobby or skill trad and master it, and trust me - people WILL pay you. I work as a server making 5.50 an hour + tips but I make cutting boards (and ANYONE can make with just a bit of practice and the right tools). I'm able to sell one to two board for around 150 - 350$ every week.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 08:20:10 PM
i advice you to try on the net us forex,dropshiping ,seo and you will work like a boss
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 22, 2017, 11:59:24 AM
for me getting a job is just as easy as 1 2 3...
1. what kind of job you can accomplish
2. do what your boss say or be the boss
3. last the salary

by the end of the day, its how you enjoy what you do.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
October 22, 2017, 11:22:07 AM
You'll find a job, just keep looking. They might have done you a favour by turning you down for custodial officer, it can be a very dangerous job around some nasty people. Try all the supermarkets, shops, fast food places and nursing homes in your area. Just take each interview as a learning experience, make your CV as impressive as possible, it'll be tough to be rejected but you'll definitely find one in the end.
Activity: 219
Merit: 121
Lethean Developer
October 22, 2017, 10:41:09 AM
Don't look for a job, look for a need and satisfy it. What needs to be done around your neighborhood - lawn services? Painting of curbs? Etc.

What skills do you have? Can you fix computers? Post an ad on craigslist/kijijji or whatever your nation uses.
Activity: 52
Merit: 10
October 22, 2017, 10:08:24 AM
Just keep trying. Really strange they would say that to you though. Just keeping applying for jobs and you'll find one.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 22, 2017, 09:31:48 AM
what is the best way to get a job? i tried as a custodial officer but they said i was too skinny and young to get awarded the job but on the vacancy it said you have to be 18 or over and no qualification requirements needed Huh
Pages:
Jump to: