Pages:
Author

Topic: Still Love Democracy? - page 9. (Read 6040 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
June 20, 2017, 10:41:18 PM
I've never liked democracy, it could never satisfy people because it gives them the right to speak about it and think they can have any influence on it. It could have worked back in the time when there was far less people in the country/society, but now not so much.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
June 20, 2017, 09:55:58 PM
some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

Welcome to America. Only it's not state power, but corporate power. The state is in the back pocket of the major corporations.

there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

Again, welcome to America. The truth takes a back seat while comfort drives the car, and the Americans who tolerate it are the destination. Hell, some of them even give directions to make sure they get to them.

During the post-World War II reconstruction period in Europe, corporatism was favoured by Christian democrats (often under the influence of Catholic social teaching), national conservatives, and social democrats in opposition to liberal capitalism. This type of corporatism became unfashionable but revived again in the 1960s and 1970s as "neo-corporatism" in response to the new economic threat of recession-inflation.

Neo-corporatism favoured economic tripartism which involved strong labour unions, employers' unions, and governments that cooperated as "social partners" to negotiate and manage a national economy. Social corporatist systems instituted in Europe after World War II include the ordoliberal system of the social market economy in Germany, the social partnership in Ireland, the polder model in the Netherlands (although arguably the polder model already was present at the end of the First World War, it was not until after WW II that a social service system gained foothold there), the concertation system in Italy, the Rhine model in Switzerland and the Benelux countries, and the Nordic model in Scandinavia.

Attempts in the United States to create neo-corporatist capital-labor arrangements were unsuccessfully advocated by Gary Hart and Michael Dukakis in the 1980s. Robert Reich as U.S. Secretary of Labor during the Clinton administration promoted neo-corporatist reforms.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 20, 2017, 09:19:32 PM
Democracy Is A Front For Central Bank Rule

RT asked me if the Fed was going to raise interest rates. I answered that the purpose of low interest rates was to restore the solvency of the balance sheets of the "banks too big to fail" by raising debt prices. The lower the interest rate, the higher the prices of debt instruments. The Fed drives bond prices up by purchasing bonds, and the Fed raises interest rates by selling bonds, or by purchasing fewer of them than previously.

I told RT that a real increase in interest rates would undercut the Fed's policy of rescuing the balance sheets of the big banks whose balance sheets were loaded up with bad debt that desperately needed a rise in debt prices for the banks to remain solvent.

When shortly thereafter the Fed raised the overnight funds rate, it blew my credibility with RT. RT did not understand that real interest rates had not increased. Indeed, two days after the "rate increase" the nominal interest rate had not changed. It was still 18 basis points. The announced rate had gone from the old range of zero to 25 basis points to a new range of 25 basis points to 50 basis points. The former max was the current minimum.

Read more at http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/06/19/democracy-front-central-bank-rule/.

Cool
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
June 19, 2017, 09:27:50 PM
i like the idea of democracy. which we people could really express our views and opinions. In this way government would hear the sentiment of people living in the society because often only the higher position has the right to say so.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
June 19, 2017, 12:13:46 AM
Democracy does not exist, only it will become available if no leaders exist in every country. But there's nothing wrong of having leaders as long as they serve well and provide good services for the people and incorruptible.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
June 19, 2017, 12:02:53 AM
of course no, democracy is broken, maybe it worked years ago, but now it doesnt, i personally think that capitalism may work
legendary
June 18, 2017, 08:34:30 PM
Democracy can mean many things to many people. Heck, even some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

In my idea, democracy means that the government is coming from the people, for the people and by the people. The power emanates from the voters and that power should be used for the greater good of the people.

However, there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

As for me, I still love democracy and I hate it if someone would be curtailing my Bitcoin freedom lol.
I agree with you! I also like democracy, everyone wants to be fair in everything. You have to do the things you like, participate in social networking sites. Initially there are people who oppose bicoin but I still pursue bitcoin because it is your democracy.

Democracy is formally majority rule. Behind the scenes, it is Government dictatorial rule. I would rather have freedom than democracy. Only the wealthy really love democracy. The poor love freedom.

Cool
legendary
June 18, 2017, 08:25:05 PM
some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

Welcome to America. Only it's not state power, but corporate power. The state is in the back pocket of the major corporations.

there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

Again, welcome to America. The truth takes a back seat while comfort drives the car, and the Americans who tolerate it are the destination. Hell, some of them even give directions to make sure they get to them.

In America, the people don't understand the real power that they have. Their power over Government lies in several things:
1. Common law Court of Record;
2. Be present in court, not represented in any way;
3. 12-person jury rules in everything;
4. A claim is more powerful than a complaint;
5. The accuser is required to take the oath and get on the stand and testify against you, but if the accuser is the Unites States or a State, it can't. Government has no case.

There are more. If the people knew, there would be nothing stopping their ability to change anything through the court system.

This isn't democracy rule. This is people rule. Without understanding and using all this, the democracy rules.

Cool
Activity: 3
June 18, 2017, 07:39:15 PM
the concept of democracy is actually great but in my opinion real democracy doesn´t exist
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
June 18, 2017, 12:00:01 AM
Democracy can mean many things to many people. Heck, even some dictatorial regimes prefer to call their system to be democratic while at the same time they are using the state power to suppress people and to spread lies just to create fear.

In my idea, democracy means that the government is coming from the people, for the people and by the people. The power emanates from the voters and that power should be used for the greater good of the people.

However, there are some people who prefer someone to lord over them as long as that ruler can provide them all the basic stuffs they need. They don't care if they don't have the freedom others are enjoying as long they have something to eat everyday.

As for me, I still love democracy and I hate it if someone would be curtailing my Bitcoin freedom lol.
I agree with you! I also like democracy, everyone wants to be fair in everything. You have to do the things you like, participate in social networking sites. Initially there are people who oppose bicoin but I still pursue bitcoin because it is your democracy.
Activity: 231
Merit: 102
June 17, 2017, 05:18:38 PM
Democracy does not mean that those who rule are coming from people. Especially if country is big and if there is lot of big companies and banks. But democracy is definitely best for living.
Activity: 70
June 17, 2017, 03:46:02 PM

Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 17, 2017, 03:17:23 PM
One thing i admire about democracy is that it protects human rights, it gives freedom to the people, but one thing i despise about Democracy is that it makes governing very tedious, Many Leaders would want to do so many things to help the people, but they are limited most of the times, especially they have a small majority in the senate, the opposition will do everything to hinder it though it will result in the good of all.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 17, 2017, 02:51:50 PM
Democracy is a good way to run the country, it gaves eveyone the right to participate in developing the country, democracy can makes the relationship between the government and citizen has a strong bond, but sometimes people tend to abuse the democracy system, because government doesn't got the total power, so sometimes democracy can cause riot
You are too optimistic in relation to democracy. In a democracy, have all the same problems as in an autocratic state, only they are more veiled. For the state, the dictatorship even more convenient. In such a state harder to live as a free people, but it's easier to maintain order.
yes,i agree with you man.. democratic will make people feel free,goverment too weak to take decision for their civilian,because they need to hear from many side,from minister around president,and i agree if dictatorship more convinent for some country,it more quick and assertive to make good law for people.
Activity: 32
June 17, 2017, 08:43:18 AM
We will not reach a perfect final system. Democracy will eventually evolve into something better, probably after a few setbacks along the way (Trump?). Don't get attached to it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 17, 2017, 03:30:19 AM
As democracy means rule of people ... That is of the people for the people and by the people. Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally—either directly or through elected representatives. Democracy is the best form of government simply because no other form of government is known to work well.
Yes I still love democracy because with this I continually enjoy my rights especially right to expression, right to informed, right to choose the person who leads you in a successful country. 
legendary
June 16, 2017, 11:57:53 PM

I don't want 51% of the people telling me what to do because I was in the 49%.

Forget democracy. Let freedom reign. The only time that government takes freedom away from someone, is when that person takes freedom away from someone else. Then the jury decides who is guilty.

Cool
Activity: 663
Merit: 250
June 16, 2017, 11:54:18 PM

Aristotle does not consider democracy good. He equated it with mob rule. He preferred what he called polity. When polity goes wrong it turns into a democracy.

Depending on how you look at it, democracy could actually be considered mob rule. In my country, a democratic one, the majority of the people shall be followed. Vox Populi vox dei they say. That's exactly the spirit of democracy, right? However, if you take a closer look at such a democratic practice on the ground level, you will be disappointed.

People are choosing leaders not on platforms, proposed policies, social vision, and the like. They choose out of patronage and out of money. Elections are too partisan. From the village level to the municipal, to the provincial, up to the national, people are like gangs trying to recruit as many as possible. The hell they care about anything else, the most important thing is that the government rein will fall to their hands.
Activity: 15
June 16, 2017, 08:34:59 PM
The problem is that proposals change with time.
When you talk about freedom and benefits for people it sounds so cool and the idea of it working is even better.
But like they say, humans can be our best allies as our destroyers.
legendary
June 16, 2017, 10:46:58 AM
I still love democracy than dictatorship. In democracy people will vote if who is the leader that will elect and the government must communicate to people or citizens because the government dont have all the control. But the sad thing is other politicians buying votes.

Democracy is simply dictatorship by the majority.

Libertarianism is freedom for all, as long as a person doesn't harm his neighbor.

Libertarian 2016 Platform - https://www.lp.org/platform/.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: