Pages:
Author

Topic: 〖ⓉⓊⓉⓄⓇⒾⒶⓁ〗 Stop Bots + Proxies From Using Your Faucet - page 8. (Read 18802 times)

Activity: 257
Merit: 251
Here's what you currently have in your code:

I wasn't very clear in my original post, but
Code:
&
Code:
Are supposed to be on the same line

Just delete the second one, you should be fine. Smiley

Currently your form is only applying the POST method, and ignoring your second line with the math.php action.

Thanks for clarifying this, unfortunately now I get an invalid answer page even when I answer correctly.
Activity: 155
Merit: 10
Here's what you currently have in your code:

I wasn't very clear in my original post, but
Code:
&
Code:
Are supposed to be on the same line

Just delete the first one, you should be fine. Smiley

Currently your form is only applying the POST method, and ignoring your second line with the math.php action.
The math.php file is essential, it's basically what checks to make sure the captcha is correct. Place it inside the root directory of your server.

I placed it in the root folder but it still doesn't work. I'm able to get the coins without solving the math problem.
Take a look in my faucet, please: bitcon-catcher.com/faucet

Ate the page bottom there is a second simple captcha. I will improve it changing text/numbers to image or something better soon.

My point now is about other problem.

I would like to transform this captcha in a mandatory captcha as the first (funcaptcha). I mean if the visitor claim without solve that captcha the faucetbox script (PHP) won't send the reward and will return: missing parameters.

How could I do that? Do you know how?

I checked your faucet, I really like it! The captcha is mandatory already, isn't it?
The math.php file is essential, it's basically what checks to make sure the captcha is correct. Place it inside the root directory of your server.
Activity: 392
Bitcoin Faucet & Blog
Check out my faucet now, I'm using a image instead of text. Is that better?
If your faucet is bit-essence.com, I get a 403 Forbidden error trying to access.

Take a look in my faucet, please: bitcon-catcher.com/faucet

Ate the page bottom there is a second simple captcha. I will improve it changing text/numbers to image or something better soon.

My point now is about other problem.

I would like to transform this captcha in a mandatory captcha as the first (funcaptcha). I mean if the visitor claim without solve that captcha the faucetbox script (PHP) won't send the reward and will return: missing parameters.

How could I do that? Do you know how?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
How about now? :O
Yeah, that seems to be fine. Just as long as the problem is not in plain text that a bot can just scrape you should be fine.
If your faucet is bit-essence.com, I get a 403 Forbidden error trying to access.

How about now? :O
legendary
In Memory of Zepher
Just saying, if you're displaying the maths problems in plain text it is very easy for bots to get around. There's a reason that captchas are images of text rather than the plain words, similar to this. While bots can read images, it makes their life a lot harder if they are.

Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Hey guys got an idea  Grin
Instead of using anti bot links if you create a new captcha like click identical image. many Ptc site have this captcha.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Just saying, if you're displaying the maths problems in plain text it is very easy for bots to get around. There's a reason that captchas are images of text rather than the plain words, similar to this. While bots can read images, it makes their life a lot harder if they are.
In that case I'll have to make the numbers display as images, I'll update my tutorial once I do. Thanks for pointing out such a big flaw lol.

You're right, in the same article that is 2013 a young says of his weakness.
Friend this not serve? do you know how to adapt it?
http://jsfiddle.net/Ztq83/
So you want a confirmation dialog to appear before receiving the satoshi? Maybe I'll implement the math question on the popup? Tongue
I don't know, I guess if he gives OK receives and if not then not.
I have not much idea about the mechanism of the bots
In that case I'll have to make the numbers display as images, I'll update my tutorial once I do. Thanks for pointing out such a big flaw lol.

So you want a confirmation dialog to appear before receiving the satoshi? Maybe I'll implement the math question on the popup? Tongue
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
legendary
In Memory of Zepher
Finally winning the fight against bots! :') I have updated the original post with some helpful information.
legendary
In Memory of Zepher
Sorry... I said a miisleading thing.

I am thinking about create the timer and the enable button fuction in PHP to replace javascript functions into the HTML, for example.
I can see where you're coming from, but you cannot create things like timers in PHP. Since PHP is a server side language, it loads only once when the page first loads. If you would want to make a timer in PHP, you would have to somehow delay the loading of the page entirely.

You could perhaps add some sort of verification on the PHP submit if you wanted. For example, create a PHP session variable of the time before the form, then compare it to the time after the submission of the form to be sure that it is at least your timer's length between asking for both pages.
Something like this maybe:
Code:
//Before submission
$_SESSION['preSubmissionTime'] = time();

//After submission
//Captcha checks here
if((time()-$_SESSION['preSubmissionTime']) >= 5){ //Assuming your timer is 5 seconds long
     //Pay the user
}else{
     die(
'You\'re submitting too fast');
}
?>

If you're going to do something like this though, I would suggest hiding the captcha as well as the claim button with the timer. This way, the user cannot solve the captcha and press enter before the claim button has been enabled, posting the form and making themselves look like a bot/a user cheating the system. I'm not sure how the above code would work in practice, though if you can see the logic behind it you could likely add it in yourself.
Activity: 392
Bitcoin Faucet & Blog
A button generated by PHP code should solve this problem. But the faucetbox script is a mix of PHP and HTML unfortunately.
A button generated by PHP? How do you plan to get this to work without using any HTML?

Sorry... I said a miisleading thing.

I am thinking about create the timer and the enable button fuction in PHP to replace javascript functions into the HTML, for example.
legendary
In Memory of Zepher
A button generated by PHP code should solve this problem. But the faucetbox script is a mix of PHP and HTML unfortunately.
A button generated by PHP? How do you plan to get this to work without using any HTML?
Pages:
Jump to: