Pages:
Author

Topic: Suggestions to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins - page 6. (Read 4797 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
KryptKoin is one of the best!!!
The Altcoin game will carry on being a complete mess and I don't really see a way to stop it.

People are in it to make money and they will continue to create coins if people keep buying them.

Real investors will invest in bitcoin and maybe a few high profile altcoin. When I talk to my friends about bitcoin they understand that is has uses and that is popular.

When I mention someone also created a coin called frycoin or burgercoin they just laugh and it put them off even trying bitcoin.

I guess the only way to stop new stupid coins is to stop people buying them and maybe some sort of regulation on the exchanges. Regulation in the free crypto world somewhat defeats the objective that is first set out to do though.

The proof of dev things ( what ever it's called ) is a good idea, but if people really want to find a way around it, they will.

Look forward to seeing what some others have to say Smiley

When I mention someone also created a coin called frycoin or burgercoin they just laugh and it put them off even trying bitcoin.

I had the same experience with my friends with suarezcoin (with its stupid icon) and hashcoin.

I guess the only way to stop new stupid coins is to stop people buying them and maybe some sort of regulation on the exchanges. Regulation in the free crypto world somewhat defeats the objective that is first set out to do though.

Regulation on exchanges seems a little hard to implement. And there isn't any RULE that we can't have any rule for cryptocurrency world. A few basic rules won't hurt.
As I already said in a previous thread, I think that this game needs basic rules, like all the other games of this world. Someone laughs when I talk about basic rules, but I think he s a scammer dev for sure. Someone else tells " this is a decentralized market" and that's all, but surely those who tell so doesn t know what " decentralized market" is. The point is that nobody believes in anybody here and this will kill this crypto world. It's quite simply to understand it.
My proposal is a new altcoin community out of here where only the escrowed premine coins and no premine coins should be allowed. The premine should be escrowed by the mods. Simply and easy. I lost my hopes about this forum because maybe the Mods play a part in all these scams. To those who says " leave people free to choose if to invest or not" I say that this concept is a bit unfair. If we introduce basic rules, the whole mechanism will change. Actually, every coin dies after the bittrex pump... Why? Because nobody believes in every devs. Who is against this idea is simply a scammer dev.

No basic rules= no evolution, no innovation

I don t think that to prevent the scams will kill the crypto scene: I think we will have a lot of new actors

If we build a new altcoin community, each person will choose by himself in which coin to invest and which forum to follow. It is not against bitcointalk: it's complementary

I totally agree about basic rules, and escrowed premine seems a good idea. In conclusion, another forum with basic rules for devs and new coins and an escrowed premine seems a solution.
i think any rules goes against the whole idea behind crypto

I don't think having a few basic rules for cryptocurrency community would hurt it, on the contrary it will make it a better place for miners and investors.

People just need to stop supplying them with their money if you ask me

I agree, and the question is how we can recognize scammer devs.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
The Altcoin game will carry on being a complete mess and I don't really see a way to stop it.

People are in it to make money and they will continue to create coins if people keep buying them.

Real investors will invest in bitcoin and maybe a few high profile altcoin. When I talk to my friends about bitcoin they understand that is has uses and that is popular.

The proof of dev things ( what ever it's called ) is a good idea, but if people really want to find a way around it, they will.

Look forward to seeing what some others have to say Smiley

Activity: 1188
Merit: 251
Each person can already choose what coin to invest in and follow now without your vision of centralization becoming a reality
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
As I already said in a previous thread, I think that this game needs basic rules, like all the other games of this world. Someone laughs when I talk about basic rules, but I think he s a scammer dev for sure. Someone else tells " this is a decentralized market" and that's all, but surely those who tell so doesn t know what " decentralized market" is. The point is that nobody believes in anybody here and this will kill this crypto world. It's quite simply to understand it.
My proposal is a new altcoin community out of here where only the escrowed premine coins and no premine coins should be allowed. The premine should be escrowed by the mods. Simply and easy. I lost my hopes about this forum because maybe the Mods play a part in all these scams. To those who says " leave people free to choose if to invest or not" I say that this concept is a bit unfair. If we introduce basic rules, the whole mechanism will change. Actually, every coin dies after the bittrex pump... Why? Because nobody believes in every devs. Who is against this idea is simply a scammer dev.

No basic rules= no evolution, no innovation

I don t think that to prevent the scams will kill the crypto scene: I think we will have a lot of new actors

If we build a new altcoin community, each person will choose by himself in which coin to invest and which forum to follow. It is not against bitcointalk: it's complementary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 251
i think any rules goes against the whole idea behind crypto

Im surprized this site is doing such a great job other than a few annoying rules

I was on them a bit when they were talking shit about altcoins

There is good with bad, and central choices being made would sooner or later turn out to be a bigger disaster than the scan devs

People just need to stop supplying them with their money if you ask me
Market needs a lot more coins, why stiffle innovation?

I didn't say we should prevent launching new coins or ceasing innovation. On the contrary, I like new coins, but with commited devs and innovations.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
ck and filebit are the new scam coins, so easy to spot..
Activity: 168
Market needs a lot more coins, why stiffle innovation?
It's time for the community to find a way to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins. Scammers launch a new coin, sell the premine or put something in the code, get rich, then leave the coin, the day after, they launch a new shitcoin and the process goes on.

Please share your ideas and suggestions to solve this situation.

The problems and solutions which are discussed here are listed below. You can discuss about them, or add some new cases to each list by discussing them here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I. Problems List:

1- Unsafe Premine

2- Hidden Premine in The Code

3- Uncommitted Devs (In addition to the two above cases, they easily leave their coin if it has any problem)

4- Bag-holder Situation (Bag-holders defend their coin, even it's scam) --> Is this a problem in your opinion?

5- Market Manipulation (Pumps and dumps of new coins)

6- Wallets With Virus And Malware

The following list is a list of suggestions which need to be discussed more. The numbers of this list are not related to the above numbers.

II. Solutions List:

1- Escrow premine (by well-known forum members or exchanges)

2- Another forum with BASIC rules for devs

3- Devs use their original usernames. (Stand behind your product!)

4- Crypto Association/Foundation/Group
(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8228948)

5- Certification Group: A new coin can be checked by a group to be confirmed before launch.

6- A new exchange made by reputable members of bitcointalk.
(Suggested here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8399664)

III. Other Topics:

1- Do you think some scam devs are related to some exchanges, hashrate rental websites, and pool opertaors?

Obviously the scammers will post bullshit here, and prevent this topic to be fruitful. So, I've made it self-moderated.
Pages:
Jump to: