Pages:
Author

Topic: [SUPPORT THREAD] BFx2 Bitfury USB stick miner - page 6. (Read 27398 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
ok, so here's what I am doing. using windows 7.

Step-1:
Insert USB, I see this auto installation

then, it shows it's ready

Step-2:
Installed latest cgminer (cgminer-4.2.2-windows), and use this command
Code:
cgminer.exe  -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u  -p  --bxm-bits=54

Questions:
1. Can I use bfgminer?
2. Where did I go wrong? I see it says "I need to install a WinUSB driver for -BXM device". Do i still need to follow Zadig instructions even if it said the device is ready to use? i did try to run "zadig_2.1.0", but I wasn't to install anything succesfully. Please help.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
But I am curious what are the four LEDs for?
From the silkscreen, 3 of them appear to just be power indicators (one for the 3.3V regulator, one for the 1.8V regulator, and a separate one for the core voltage(?)), and the 4th one the usual status LED.
Yup.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
From the silkscreen, 3 of them appear to just be power indicators (one for the 3.3V regulator, one for the 1.8V regulator, and a separate one for the core voltage(?)), and the 4th one the usual status LED.
Activity: 522
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!
Nice units.  Kiss

Did you run full capacity on this hub?

I run with 5 miners in each hub. But I'm switching to the 49 port hub as soon as it arrives.
legendary
I've also had good luck running this hub: http://www.amazon.com/HooToo%C2%AE-HT-UH009-Backward-Compatible-Supporting/dp/B00FVS9U8O/ plugged into a USB 2 port
Did you run full capacity on this hub?
I see so practically this wont run from a mobo or laptop yes ? You need powered USB hub ?

Yes, you need a powered USB hub. If you want to run a lot of them, klintay has a 49 port hub sale (which will support 28 of these units physically). His thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/in-stock-professional-eyeboot-49-port-usb-hubs-150-usd-528371

I've also had good luck running this hub: http://www.amazon.com/HooToo%C2%AE-HT-UH009-Backward-Compatible-Supporting/dp/B00FVS9U8O/ plugged into a USB 2 port

Activity: 395
Merit: 250
So  these wont run to 4ghs plugged straight into a laptop usb port ?
There's at least a risk that you damage the laptop.

I see so practically this wont run from a mobo or laptop yes ? You need powered USB hub ?

FUN > ROI
Unless that damage is in the form of scratching up the port because of http://i.imgur.com/8cEBpMB.png , that laptop would have to be returned under warranty and not accepted back.  Proper USB ports don't care about 'too much' current draw.. either they'll sag in voltage in response to the point where the overcurrent situation dies off, or they just plain shut down (either through a passive 'fuse' or through active management).
above does not apply to any miners that accept external power - that has to be isolated properly from the host device
Have you seen any proper USB hosts/hubs? Wink
Amazingly, so far, all but one - in a supercheap hub where eventually the Vreg died Tongue
Maybe I just got lucky.. share your horror stories!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
definitely...any news on the bfgminer support?  Cheesy
Still waiting on goodney..

Unless that damage is in the form of scratching up the port because of http://i.imgur.com/8cEBpMB.png , that laptop would have to be returned under warranty and not accepted back.  Proper USB ports don't care about 'too much' current draw.. either they'll sag in voltage in response to the point where the overcurrent situation dies off, or they just plain shut down (either through a passive 'fuse' or through active management).
above does not apply to any miners that accept external power - that has to be isolated properly from the host device
Have you seen any proper USB hosts/hubs? Wink
FUN > ROI
Unless that damage is in the form of scratching up the port because of http://i.imgur.com/8cEBpMB.png , that laptop would have to be returned under warranty and not accepted back.  Proper USB ports don't care about 'too much' current draw.. either they'll sag in voltage in response to the point where the overcurrent situation dies off, or they just plain shut down (either through a passive 'fuse' or through active management).
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats

definitely...any news on the bfgminer support?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
legendary
So  these wont run to 4ghs plugged straight into a laptop usb port ?

No they do at least i have test some which did Smiley
After i pencil modded them, see video here on how to do it:

http://youtu.be/jm0U3p_C9og
Activity: 395
Merit: 250
Do these run pretty stable at 4 ghs using 2.5 watt? (If I run these with a fan on AM original 49 port hub)
They are very stable at 4GH/s, but to get to 4GH/s they'll draw 5W with --clock-bits=54. With a fan you'll have no stability problems.
legendary
Do these run pretty stable at 4 ghs using 2.5 watt? (If I run these with a fan on AM original 49 port hub)
legendary
( Note that this has seen some massive price drops the past few days, possibly due to the BTC exchange rate falling -  one reseller has them for $55 )
anyone selling these in bulk (USA) ?

I am selling bulk to anywhere in the world. We can arrange DHL if you want. Please check out my site:

www.eyeboot.com
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
I looked into it but the price I was quoted for bulk batches - much to high compared to other products.
FUN > ROI
( Note that this has seen some massive price drops the past few days, possibly due to the BTC exchange rate falling -  one reseller has them for $55 )
anyone selling these in bulk (USA) ?
If they are, they should be posting here and/or telling goodney that it's OK to post their info Smiley

Of course, if you...
Fancy being a reseller of Bitfury Twin chip & future dev's for America & Canada?
pm [kevinm] for details,
Pages:
Jump to: