Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1571. (Read 3049505 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 27, 2013, 09:57:07 PM
A certain picture came to mind..

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
September 27, 2013, 09:49:31 PM
Honestly, the best people I think can hope for is that CoinTerra and HashFast fold.  If you have a November KnC order, you may have only bought yourself a nice space heater for the winter.

The amount of new companies releasing hardware are going to cause the difficulty to run away from everyone.  This is going to get bad.  If you are buying next-gen hardware with BTC, you will be at a loss.  If you are buying with cash, it might be better to just buy BTC directly instead.

That's a terribly pessimistic outlook.

When GPU's were no longer any use for mining bitcoin, gpu miners swopped over to litecoin.

When the lower end asic miner no longer mine enough BTC to make it worthwhile, they'll switch to an alt too. I assume people with jalapeno's are mining zetacoin or something like that, rather than huddling round it for heat.

I'd say it's fairly likely we'll see a SHA256 alt coin explode in 2014 for this reason.

It's pessimistic but it's true.  There are a lot of people interested in mining now.  You can thank the April bubble for that.  A lot of greedy people out there.  They just don't have any clue as to what they're getting in to.  Mining has almost never been about mining for profit.  The brief FPGA era wasn't too bad because not that many were involved as they are now.  ASIC's are just too fast and specs are going to start upgrading every 3 months.  And everyone wants one.  The only profit in mining is for the hardware developers.

Coins don't explode in value just because miners are interested in them.  Higher supply equals lower demand.  Services using these coins are what matters.  And BTC has all the momentum.  No need for Litecoin as the "silver" to Bitcoins "gold" when BTC is both "silver" and "gold".  Although alts might have short term value when attempting to trade them for BTC.

Plus you can't just easily point an ASIC to a different coin.  It's not like an FPGA with a memory chip.

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
September 27, 2013, 09:31:45 PM
Wut. It's better to ship as soon as possible even if it's before a difficulty adjust.

Miners/pools have been trying to game the difficulty for ages... it doesn't work!

Check before every difficulty adjust, you'll always see the network speed go down.

--

Correct me if I'm wrong Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 27, 2013, 09:29:08 PM
Still 3 days to go. no sense in pronouncing judgement till they cross the red line. Lets see what they do.
Couldn't agree more, just it's Saturday morning already in Sweden with a Monday deadline, so I'm on the edge of my seat already...  checking the pool for hits every hour, etc... Waiting on a possible call about VAT as well with cc handy... this is nerve-racking, no sense in mentioning calculated losses beginning Tuesday for the September folks... oops. Did I mention I have a flight on the 1st? (cancelled once already from the 26th) Hope this pans out.
legendary
Activity: 994
September 27, 2013, 09:26:47 PM
Still 3 days to go. no sense in pronouncing judgement till they cross the red line. Lets see what they do.

People need to chill out.  I'd actually preferred they timed their shipment with the next network difficulty increase so that we get a full 2016 blocks of hashing before the network adjustment.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 27, 2013, 09:18:08 PM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 27, 2013, 08:09:22 PM
I'm sorry guys & gals, but this time Xallia & Crumbs are right.

When I ordered, It was for September DELIVERY, not September shipping.

Call it what you will... Fact is...   Come Monday... If the miners are not delivered... The miners are late.

thanks. much appreciate this statement..
I think someone just withdrew from the fan club...

Easy there, I'm still a fan, but the truth is the truth. When I was placing orders, especially the first one(5x), they were still indeed advertising

I could spend hours digging up more, but no bother, I'm just a bit sad we are indeed behind now. Those of us who were in the first 890 preorder, were told we would get our machines in september, and were told several times they are on track for "september delivery", which has somehow turned into "Shipping in September"

I hate to break it to you, but September delivery and Shipping in September mean basically the same thing. "Delivery" is per definition the act of transporting letters or goods to a predefined point/person - shipment is the act or an instance of shipping goods. It is NOT the same as you getting your order in September. 

I hereby cite the openday report, and "In a room full of witnesses" saying otherwise. O'rama himself vouched for that.

Bitcoinoramaed.
legendary
LIR DEV
September 27, 2013, 08:06:32 PM

Call it what you will... Fact is...   Come Monday... If the miners are not delivered... The miners are late.

Easy there, I'm still a fan, but the truth is the truth. When I was placing orders, especially the first one(5x), they were still indeed advertising

I could spend hours digging up more, but no bother, I'm just a bit sad we are indeed behind now. Those of us who were in the first 890 preorder, were told we would get our machines in september, and were told several times they are on track for "september delivery", which has somehow turned into "Shipping in September"

I hate to break it to you, but September delivery and Shipping in September mean basically the same thing. "Delivery" is per definition the act of transporting letters or goods to a predefined point/person - shipment is the act or an instance of shipping goods. It is NOT the same as you getting your order in September.  

I hereby cite the openday report, and "In a room full of witnesses" saying otherwise. O'rama himself vouched for that.
Besides, if someone tells you your check is in the mail, It means a very different thing than your check has been delivered.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 27, 2013, 07:59:48 PM
I was always so confident I would win my Bitbetting "yes"; now, considering the terms of the bet, Looks like I loose. Oh well.
http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/
I just hope they don't forget us "September Delivery" Folks, and make up for it in some way.
Even if they shipped units right this moment, and shipping only took two days, yadda yadda.
And now the VAT issue is scaring me... Who is collecting the VAT, and WHEN? It could end up that our VATs are at the end of some list that takes a few days. I'm ready, and waiting for a call....  the list was sent in days ago and nothing has shipped, yet our promise of refunds up to the day of shipping has been yanked. I'm confused here, although I wasn't thinking of any refund, seemed a red flag, or at least bright yellow.

I will be thankful at least to see shipping begin, and appreciate still all the hard work they have done in bringing these to market under such harsh conditions, but a promise is a promise... So I look for the gang at KNC to make good on that promise.

I was under the impression you were in the US. No VAT here, despite the worst efforts of some politicians.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 27, 2013, 07:48:33 PM
If you are buying next-gen hardware with BTC, you will be at a loss.  If you are buying with cash, it might be better to just buy BTC directly instead.

This is not necessarily so, though it is a good advice to buy BTC instead of miners. But, if KnC folds like TerraHash and not ship at all, than Bitfury will not be able to alone drive the difficulty at these levels, almost guaranteeing both HashFast and CoinTerra buyers positive ROI. You can bat many of their buyers are watching this new KnC situation with great interest.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
September 27, 2013, 07:48:12 PM
Honestly, the best people I think can hope for is that CoinTerra and HashFast fold.  If you have a November KnC order, you may have only bought yourself a nice space heater for the winter.

The amount of new companies releasing hardware are going to cause the difficulty to run away from everyone.  This is going to get bad.  If you are buying next-gen hardware with BTC, you will be at a loss.  If you are buying with cash, it might be better to just buy BTC directly instead.

^^^  This.  It would be very unwise to believe you will gain more BTC from a mining device than you spent on it during the ASIC transition.  Just remember 6-8PH by the end of December, that is 6-8X where we are now.  Pray for other companies to fold, just not yours to see some extra BTC.  Smiley
Activity: 798
September 27, 2013, 07:45:47 PM
Honestly, the best people I think can hope for is that CoinTerra and HashFast fold.  If you have a November KnC order, you may have only bought yourself a nice space heater for the winter.

The amount of new companies releasing hardware are going to cause the difficulty to run away from everyone.  This is going to get bad.  If you are buying next-gen hardware with BTC, you will be at a loss.  If you are buying with cash, it might be better to just buy BTC directly instead.

That's a terribly pessimistic outlook.

When GPU's were no longer any use for mining bitcoin, gpu miners swopped over to litecoin.

When the lower end asic miner no longer mine enough BTC to make it worthwhile, they'll switch to an alt too. I assume people with jalapeno's are mining zetacoin or something like that, rather than huddling round it for heat.

I'd say it's fairly likely we'll see a SHA256 alt coin explode in 2014 for this reason.
Activity: 784
September 27, 2013, 07:24:10 PM
Honestly, the best people I think can hope for is that CoinTerra and HashFast fold.  If you have a November KnC order, you may have only bought yourself a nice space heater for the winter.

The amount of new companies releasing hardware are going to cause the difficulty to run away from everyone.  This is going to get bad.  If you are buying next-gen hardware with BTC, you will be at a loss.  If you are buying with cash, it might be better to just buy BTC directly instead.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
September 27, 2013, 07:17:55 PM
I just hope "Shipping in September" doesn't turn into an apology... I'm too deep in now to worry about profit. Now I just hope I can reach breakeven.

It is sad to hear anyone, much less Phoenix1969, talk about KnC and merely hoping we can reach break-even...  Ugggh... The silence from them right now is such a bad thing.
Activity: 210
September 27, 2013, 07:14:27 PM

I see.  So if i just had a letter delivered to me, that means someone just dropped it in the mail, and i should be expecting delivery soo.. wait.  Where do you get this ridiculous stuff?  Is this a German thing?  Sauce pl0x.
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 27, 2013, 07:02:36 PM

Call it what you will... Fact is...   Come Monday... If the miners are not delivered... The miners are late.

legendary
LIR DEV
September 27, 2013, 06:53:18 PM
I was always so confident I would win my Bitbetting "yes"; now, considering the terms of the bet, Looks like I loose. Oh well.
http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/
I just hope they don't forget us "September Delivery" Folks, and make up for it in some way.
Even if they shipped units right this moment, and shipping only took two days, yadda yadda.
And now the VAT issue is scaring me... Who is collecting the VAT, and WHEN? It could end up that our VATs are at the end of some list that takes a few days. I'm ready, and waiting for a call....  the list was sent in days ago and nothing has shipped, yet our promise of refunds up to the day of shipping has been yanked. I'm confused here, although I wasn't thinking of any refund, seemed a red flag, or at least bright yellow.

I will be thankful at least to see shipping begin, and appreciate still all the hard work they have done in bringing these to market under such harsh conditions, but a promise is a promise... So I look for the gang at KNC to make good on that promise.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 27, 2013, 06:35:22 PM
they could have stopped all this as well as refunds by naming a shipping date or at least give more news about current progress
as well as [edit-begin] sticking to claims like [edit-end] allowing refunds until shipment as stated [edit2-begin] since there are still some asking for October slots as far as I know [edit2-end]

being silent in order to surprise customers seems to be a stupid tactic and I do not think they are stupid

Well if there is anybody looking for October Jupiters I have 2. I did buy them with PayPal and an AMEX so I still have some options.

True. So it looks like you will get your order one, two or three days late.

BUT, when you ordered 400 GH/s was the name of the game. Now we are talking 500 GH/s (maybe even more), so absolutely no reason to whine imo.

The 500GH/s has never been confirmed. Just Sam in coindesk I think saying 450GH/s and a KnC forum post re PSU requirements. The truth is KnC don't even know how fast their chips will be.  Butfury's chips have 5GH printed on the package for instance.

Indeed it was a forum post of a KNC member. Yes, maybe even KNC doesnt know exactly what will be possible.

But that doesnt make any big difference regarding my statement: If KNC ships miners hashing 500GH/s+ nobody has the right to whine about 3 days delayed delivery and nobody should as its the much better choice to have a 500 GH miner at October 3rd than a 400 GH/s at september 30th.
Activity: 196
September 27, 2013, 06:22:01 PM
Here's a question - has anyone done the math to see what the profitability will be in switching over to an alt-coin early? I know for a good while when the difficulty was approaching unprofitability for GPU's other miners were able to make more profit mining alts, then trading them for bitcoin than they were just mining bitcoin.

Is it possible to use their devices for mining alternative coins?
Any proofs from manufacturer(KnCMiners)?
Somewhere I had read that impossible.
KnCMiners designed only for bitcoin mining.
No?

...And... you need to read more.

The machine mines based on SHA256 algorithms, so yes..... It can mine alt-coins as long as they utilize the SHA256 algorithm.

He's referring to this post on the KNC forum, where it seems Johan from Orsoc told him in an email it's not possible. I assume it's a mistake/misunderstanding, but this is what he's referring to:
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/resellers-affilicates/general-questions/1175-on-which-coin-will-you-use-your-miner-btc-ppc-frc-trc-zet-bte?p=3621#post3621

My apologies,  I took that as more of a statement than a question.
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
September 27, 2013, 06:18:43 PM
they could have stopped all this as well as refunds by naming a shipping date or at least give more news about current progress
as well as [edit-begin] sticking to claims like [edit-end] allowing refunds until shipment as stated [edit2-begin] since there are still some asking for October slots as far as I know [edit2-end]

being silent in order to surprise customers seems to be a stupid tactic and I do not think they are stupid

Well if there is anybody looking for October Jupiters I have 2. I did buy them with PayPal and an AMEX so I still have some options.

True. So it looks like you will get your order one, two or three days late.

BUT, when you ordered 400 GH/s was the name of the game. Now we are talking 500 GH/s (maybe even more), so absolutely no reason to whine imo.

The 500GH/s has never been confirmed. Just Sam in coindesk I think saying 450GH/s and a KnC forum post re PSU requirements. The truth is KnC don't even know how fast their chips will be.  Butfury's chips have 5GH printed on the package for instance.
Jump to: