Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1575. (Read 3049505 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 27, 2013, 01:37:07 PM
True I just think it won't be that high for a couple reasons.  Then again if it is then KNC customers are screwed either way.  

Completely agree on that, I've been saying that from day 1. Only thing to do to at least try to "guarantee" a positive ROI to investors is to do something similar to what Avalon did at the beginning - selling batches - with the important difference that the miners should be immediately available, otherwise you risk a competitors burns you by deploying massive hashrate.

Obviously all the above is kinda ridiculous, because if any company could be able to guarantee any profit by mining they would just mine themselves. Mining with completely specific hardware and not with commodity electronics is leading us to super-professionalized mining scene, where amateurs will be totally cut out. This process is going much faster than some want to believe.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 27, 2013, 01:07:18 PM
True I just think it won't be that high for a couple reasons.  Then again if it is then KNC customers are screwed either way.   If they need to ship that much and can't customers are screwed by late shipments.  If they need to ship that much and can then difficulty explodes so high (even assuming nobody else ships anything) that the returns are crushed.

The good news is I think KNC pre-order amount is probably lower.  The round about reason is KNC die size is probably large.  The fact that they are the only company not to release die size information, the large package size, and the high (on a relative basis) power consumption makes me think the die is 400mm2 to 600mm2.  That means less chips per wafer and KNC is a well run enough company they would put the first order in once they hit the batch size (usually 50 wafers) rather than wait (and take longer to get chips).

Edit: I just realized I wrote 500 above, I was thinking 1,000 per day. 
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 27, 2013, 01:05:47 PM

In the end: 400% increase = BS
legendary
September 27, 2013, 01:02:26 PM
If KnC delivers +400 units per day as they claim we will probably see a 400% difficulty jump. Anyhow, i dont think they will.

If KnC delivers 400 units a day, assuming all Jupiters at 500Gh/s...

200Th added daily for the 12 working days between the beginning of next week Monday and October 15. That's 2.4Ph dropped onto the network by the middle of October. (Coincidentally, that figure being very close to D&T's thread on guesstimated preorders)

This would mean a jump of ~350million (from 2.4Ph) + ~150 million that it is now = 500 million. High? Maybe; A 400% increase? No.

Some people have what I believe are unrealistic expectations on the amount of KNC orders.  I have seen projections wild ass guesses as high as them shipping 500 Units (0.25 PH/s) per day.

I agree its completely unrealistic, but those are the numbers they claimed to be able to ship daily.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 27, 2013, 01:00:05 PM
If KnC delivers +400 units per day as they claim we will probably see a 400% difficulty jump. Anyhow, i dont think they will.

200Th added daily for the 12 working days between the beginning of next week Monday and October 15. That's 2.4Ph dropped onto the network by the middle of October. (Coincidentally, that figure being very close to D&T's thread on guesstimated preorders)

This would mean a jump of ~350million (from 2.4Ph) + ~150 million that it is now = 500 million. High? Maybe; A 400% increase? No.

Some people have what I believe are unrealistic expectations on the amount of KNC orders.  I have seen projections wild ass guesses as high as them shipping 1,000 units 500 PH/s 500 Units (0.25 PH/s) per day.

legendary
September 27, 2013, 12:57:56 PM

Yep, you are right, that'd be a jump of above 200%, not 400%. Anyhow, a 200% jump from 150M might too be quite a problem for some people.
Activity: 364
Merit: 251
September 27, 2013, 12:57:37 PM
Oh right, they already shipped to the assembly plant.

Oh well, better luck next time.

Should have cancelled sooner, eh? Amazing that people so worried would wait until too late.

-MarkM-

I cancelled in Early Sept. $20k in refunds. I reinvested it in a much more lucrative enterprise.
The amazing response to our Pre-Orders for Batch Producers has caused us to look at shutting down the Pre-Orders early because we no longer have any in stock.
The market is changing quickly. CEE are the new thing, much bigger than Bitcoin, I believe. And virtually ZERO competition.

And our Batch Producers are currently Hatshing, too.

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
September 27, 2013, 12:42:08 PM

legendary
September 27, 2013, 12:14:44 PM
When did expected become a promise.

Semantics pedantry -- the last resort of failed fanbois.  Hope you get an equally formalistic package from KNC -- A plastic miner doll wearing a "500GH/s" bib.

Fanboy.. not sure about that. But heavy invested yes.

There will be a video during the weekend on a working unit. And pickup / shipments starts early next week. Dont see the problem.

200M difficulty and probably a 400% jump on next adjustment might be a problem for some.

800m by next adjustment in around one week?

You wanna be quoted then with this?

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 27, 2013, 12:06:45 PM
Right - so don't fly down on Sunday afternoon expecting to pick something up.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 27, 2013, 12:05:03 PM
Is it just me who thinks that.

Chips just arrived. KNC will work all weekend to drop a huge day 1 load off miners into the UPS Truck that has already been reserved.
At the moment the boxes go in the truck they get scanned and a couple of hours will pass until we get our tracking.
If they would really wan't to go for it the can even ship on sundays with these large number of shippings, so it's still possible to receive it on 30 september (this year)

Except blastbob got this email:

As we are now in production we can’t say for sure that your boxes will be ready for pickup on Monday.
There are no pickups before Monday in any case.

Most likely all your orders will be ready early next week, but that does bring us into October I’m afraid.

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 27, 2013, 12:04:27 PM
That sounds like a more reasonable scenario than many that have been posted recently....
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
September 27, 2013, 12:01:49 PM
Is it just me who thinks that.

Chips just arrived. KNC will work all weekend to drop a huge day 1 load off miners into the UPS Truck that has already been reserved.
At the moment the boxes go in the truck they get scanned and a couple of hours will pass until we get our tracking.
If they would really wan't to go for it the can even ship on sundays with these large number of shippings, so it's still possible to receive it on 30 september (this year)
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 27, 2013, 11:45:48 AM

Semantics pedantry -- the last resort of failed fanbois.  Hope you get an equally formalistic package from KNC -- A plastic miner doll wearing a "500GH/s" bib.

There will be a video during the weekend on a working unit. And pickup / shipments starts early next week. Dont see the problem.

BFL "started shipping" when?  

Okay, time to make your ignore button a little bit more yellow crumbs. All this BS/FUD comes from comparing KNC to "others" and holding them to promises the "others" made. Last resort of a troll who has no more arguments/cards to play. See ya.

@The Avenger:  KNC is an ASIC manufacturer.  If you think there's a reason it should be exempt from comparisons to other ASIC makers, please make a case.  In the meantime,

"At least Pedobear was cuddly!"

Edit:
Today in the news:  TerraHash shuts down, bitcoin miners upset with 50% refund
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
September 27, 2013, 11:42:48 AM

Semantics pedantry -- the last resort of failed fanbois.  Hope you get an equally formalistic package from KNC -- A plastic miner doll wearing a "500GH/s" bib.

BFL has assfucked alot of people, and still allowed to continue. KnC might fuck you over on the VAT. But its a legit one.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 27, 2013, 11:42:25 AM

200M difficulty and probably a 400% jump on next adjustment might be a problem for some.

800m by next adjustment in around one week?

You wanna be quoted then with this?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 27, 2013, 11:41:53 AM

Semantics pedantry -- the last resort of failed fanbois.  Hope you get an equally formalistic package from KNC -- A plastic miner doll wearing a "500GH/s" bib.

Okay, time to make your ignore button a little bit more yellow crumbs. All this BS/FUD comes from comparing KNC to "others" and holding them to promises the "others" made. Last resort of a troll who has no more arguments/cards to play. See ya.
September 27, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 27, 2013, 11:36:49 AM
I wish they would get cancelled though. Its not like there won't be plenty of people hoping to snap up the day-late units, heck even a few days to a week late, maybe even more than that, would have no difficulty finding buyers. So why not let these people who don't want day-late units cancel?

-MarkM-

September 27, 2013, 11:34:47 AM
they could have stopped all this as well as refunds by naming a shipping date or at least give more news about current progress
as well as [edit-begin] sticking to claims like [edit-end] allowing refunds until shipment as stated [edit2-begin] since there are still some asking for October slots as far as I know [edit2-end]

being silent in order to surprise customers seems to be a stupid tactic and I do not think they are stupid

A stupid Tactic? Yes, only if your sole reason is for surprise factor, but the reality is shy of shipping orders yesterday, there is nothing that they can say at this point that will calm people down and silence the trolls. This is the time where action is the only thing that matters.

Think about it... If they came out today and said good news, we have chips! - do you think people would stop whining? no, they would find something else to complain about and possibly make the situation worse.

On the other hand... What if they say nothing? Sure, Trolls will continue to troll, some will panic and FUD while rational minded individuals (The minority) will be patient and give them till the deadline expires...

It's a lose-lose situation right now for KNC to say anything. If they speak, they lose, if they don't speak they lose. There's no turning back at this point for them. So their best play now is to focus on the task at hand.

If they came out today & mailed you your tracking #, that would constitute "underpromising/overdelivering," though not by a "margin upon margin," but by the slimmest of margins.

Not bragging about margins upon margins & overdelivering, naming a deadline they could meet, and honoring refund request would have certainly silenced the trolls.
Jump to: