Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1632. (Read 3049503 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
September 20, 2013, 05:18:13 PM
wow, nice strategy. I'm on slush with quite constant 60 GH/s with 3 BF-H-cards. I get around 0.5 BTC daily at the moment. I see there is space for improvement, thank you  Smiley

Are you mining on : mining.bitcoin.cz ?
Most I get is 0.3BTC / day with 60 GH.
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
September 20, 2013, 05:13:43 PM
wow, nice strategy. I'm on slush with quite constant 60 GH/s with 3 BF-H-cards. I get around 0.5 BTC daily at the moment. I see there is space for improvement, thank you  Smiley
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
September 20, 2013, 04:19:58 PM
To Answer the question above.
I asked KNC about this and about there power specs, my questions and answers
" Couple quick questions.  Will we have to trick the power supply to turn on buy jumping the right pins?  Or will there be another solution for this?    Also the 1.6 W/GH/s  is this the average power consumption including all the fans and the Linux board?  Or is this just the consumption for the chip?  And is the 1.6 number just another safe maximum number to give  out?  And might be lower in the end product?  or is it fairly accurate?  And the miners should be at just that?

There response
"
Hi,

It will be necessary to trick the power supply to turn on by jumping the right pins. We are looking at possible solutions for this and we will provide more information as soon as possible. The 1.6W/GH/s is the maximal power consumption of the entire device, it is possible that it would be slightly lower.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regardsKeith Gurnett  Kncminer

legendary
September 20, 2013, 04:11:22 PM
I try to answer this with another post I made.

cut
got them on September 4th and mined a bit more than 3 BTC with them until today.
cut

Is that all you mined?  I bought two starters, got them around the same time, but I've mined almost 16 coins.  I'm up to .52 BTC already today and it's still only 10:30 in the morning.  I should see another Slush and BTCG payout by the end of today, as well.
cut

So you mine around 1 BTC per day with 60-80 GH/s? There must be something terribly wrong with my setup then. Can there be other stuff you forgot about mining on these workers?  Wink
Mind to tell me your hashrate?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 20, 2013, 04:06:04 PM
Hi,

I see people asking if 5V power is needed, here is an unedited email reply from KNC from a few weeks ago when I asked them about this :

Quote from: Keith Gurnett
Hi,

Our devices will require the correct amount of 12V 6 pin or 6 +2 pin PCI-E connectors depending on model, for example Mercury requires 1 PCI-E 6 pin or 6 +2 pin connectors, 2 connectors for Saturn and 4 for Jupiter.

There will also be one 5V connector on each miner for the controller board which will use minimal wattage.

So YES, the miners will require a 5V power in addition of the 12V PCIe connectors.

(and YES, it would be much better for me and a lot of people if they generated the 5V from the 12V; and NO, I don't think it would have been that hard, and I'm an electronic engineer - well, room for improvement in the next gen Smiley)

Hope this helps
uski

I was searching thru KNC data and FAQ, but was unable to find out if we need a separate Power-On jumper for the power supply, or is it integral to the Miner? 
legendary
September 20, 2013, 03:59:02 PM
I try to answer this with another post I made.

I bought 2 starter kits for August delivery and paid 1.000€ each, got them on September 4th and mined a bit more than 3 BTC with them until today. Two other investments are in limbo, one huge in semi-limbo with 20%, maybe 100% loss, waiting for refund, and the final two refunded after several months, one of them with 9% loss. All money I put in came from own labour.

So the BFSB investment is the only one, that actually brings me back something. And this makes me very, very happy. If I get a ROI? I do already! If I ever break even? Only time will tell  Smiley
I only know the product and the company behind it are rock solid, tell me one other this can be said of. Thats why I reinvested.

You paid 1 Euro for hashing machines?

That would have been a fantastic bargain. No, I live in a decimal comma country, for us 1.000 is one thousand and 1,000 one
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
September 20, 2013, 03:58:16 PM
Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013 Shipping Update
by BFL_Jody  09-19-2013 at 09:01 PM

Jalapenos 4.5 and 5 gh/s: Feb 17, 2013

Little Singles 30 and 25 gh/s: Nov. 29, 2012

Singles 60 and 50 gh/s: Nov 3, 2012 pay date

MiniRigs: August 15 (1st 500 g/s units), July 24 orders (2nd 500 gh/s) and
    June 27 orders (3rd 500 gh/s unit)

MiniRigs delivery are still stuck at June 27. As long as those MiniRigs are being delivered, the hash rate will keep rising at least at the same pace

An ASIC mining rig is about 200 times more efficient than GPUs, I would be surprised if the total network hash power did not reach 4PH by the end of this transition
Activity: 798
September 20, 2013, 03:49:46 PM
Hi,

I see people asking if 5V power is needed, here is an unedited email reply from KNC from a few weeks ago when I asked them about this :

Hi,

Our devices will require the correct amount of 12V 6 pin or 6 +2 pin PCI-E connectors depending on model, for example Mercury requires 1 PCI-E 6 pin or 6 +2 pin connectors, 2 connectors for Saturn and 4 for Jupiter.

There will also be one 5V connector on each miner for the controller board which will use minimal wattage.

So YES, the miners will require a 5V power in addition of the 12V PCIe connectors.

(and YES, it would be much better for me and a lot of people if they generated the 5V from the 12V; and NO, I don't think it would have been that hard, and I'm an electronic engineer - well, room for improvement in the next gen Smiley)

Hope this helps
uski
I think this is what you guys are talking about, which was discussed a few weeks ago:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3125216;topicseen#msg3125216
Activity: 532
September 20, 2013, 03:33:27 PM
The growth seems to be accelerating still, if anything:

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

A solid 2.5% per day, which is +125% per month.

Perhaps the growth of the growth has tapered off a little but thats a bit meta to me and statistical noise at this point

Yes it is accelerating still, however the growth of the growth seems to have tapered off.  Maybe it's just me hoping and wishing too much.

Anything is an acceleration this is still very much the GPU transition. There was supposed to be a 130nm, and 65nm stage, but we all know how that went and who received the lion's share of that (specific companies themselves, delay tactics, lies, etc.). This is about to be the peoples' real ASIC revolution. Viva!

I don't think the people are gaining much from this. The profit lies with the companies selling the miners, not the people buying them as they can only pray for ROI.

Agree!

Pffft who is taking all the risk? The guys betting few $K, or the guys betting the chance they will never ever be allowed to run a business again with reputation as mud?! They have always stated they build a machine that spit coins, your bet is on BTC being taken as a legitimate currency in future. If you want to make big coin then innovate a means for mainstream use and adoption. Brain power trumps plugging in machines that print money. Margins there will always be squeezed by more affluent people once product prove safe to purchase and elec. is cheap. That's a no brainer.

Sorry to break it to you bro, but common sense dictates here...
Activity: 18
September 20, 2013, 03:29:39 PM
Hi,

Hi,

Hope this helps
uski
Activity: 33
September 20, 2013, 03:28:37 PM

Perhaps the growth of the growth has tapered off a little but thats a bit meta to me and statistical noise at this point

Yes it is accelerating still, however the growth of the growth seems to have tapered off.  Maybe it's just me hoping and wishing too much.

Anything is an acceleration this is still very much the GPU transition. There was supposed to be a 130nm, and 65nm stage, but we all know how that went and who received the lion's share of that (specific companies themselves, delay tactics, lies, etc.). This is about to be the peoples' real ASIC revolution. Viva!

I don't think the people are gaining much from this. The profit lies with the companies selling the miners, not the people buying them as they can only pray for ROI.

Agree!
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 20, 2013, 03:27:04 PM
So, there will be PCIE-8 connectors for 12vdc to the main board but does the Beaglebone take 5vdc?  Is there a 12v-5v switching down converter onboard or will the Beaglebone always require a separate 5vdc supply?  I can see how one might first apply the 5vdc, login, configure the miner, then fire up the 12vdc but an onboard converter would preclude two PSUs given the device can already have been configured.
The pci connections are 6 pin, not 8

Wonder if the PCI-6 connectors can take a pair of PCI-8's letting the extras overhang the ends.  Just got in some PCI-8 connectors as I'm going my own way with the 12vdc power supply.  I see the clips are centered and so if offset might not grasp the corresponding connector latching.
legendary
Activity: 1246
September 20, 2013, 03:24:28 PM

Yes it is accelerating still, however the growth of the growth seems to have tapered off.  Maybe it's just me hoping and wishing too much.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 20, 2013, 03:00:16 PM
Yes it is accelerating still, however the growth of the growth seems to have tapered off.  Maybe it's just me hoping and wishing too much.

Im sure it would  be a huge relief for miners to learn that it would appear growth of the network may stabilize resulting in an exponential growth some point above  +125%  per month, but below infinity. Because thats all that tapering of the growth of the growth tells you.

Not that you can conclude anything of that sort from a short term highly variable chart in a time that predates all the important asic shipments.
Activity: 532
September 20, 2013, 02:51:46 PM

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
September 20, 2013, 02:21:46 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 20, 2013, 02:16:33 PM
I know it's probably too early to tell, but it seems like increase in hashrate since the last difficulty jump has tapered off a little bit.  Anyone else notice that?

Not much shipping in quantity right this second. BFL's unpredictable trickle, whatever remains of bitfury's August deliveries, plus whatever happens with Avalon chips that actually found their way to buyers. This is likely just a calm before the storm of knc deliveries + bitfury products sold for September/October delivery(chips + rigs).  
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 20, 2013, 02:12:54 PM
The shortcut that they took is that they are trusting the DESIGN.  They didn't waste a couple of months doing a 'test batch' to verify the design.  They never hinted that they were taking any other shortcuts in assembly.  NONE.  Some of us need to check our medication.
never hinted?... "Time to market is everything in this business after all. We have also broken a few speed records in this business to bring a design to market in the fastest time possible."
I don't read that as a hint that they are taking shortcuts.  
probably a reading-comprehension thing

here's more...
from openday..."
Marcus: Fabrication and all that, that is done by the fab, so they handle that, that's their business. We provide them with our jailcode, we've written our jailcode in a way that makes the back end design faster, and the fab time faster. There's multiple ways you can do that...if you know what you're doing.

3) Are you doing pre-package wafer test?

Marcus: No.

4) Are you doing post-packaging testing on a real production tester (Teradyne or similar)?

Marcus: No. We...and...and...I..I..I need to say a little bit about why; ah because we will have a self built in test that will automaically test...the...because the chips are so large, so that we can compensate for any losses in the Bitcoin engines. If there are any failing ones then we can compensate for that.
Me: Physically large?

Marcus: The...the die size of the...the?

Me: Yeah

Marcus: The die size will be...very large.

Me: But does that...ummm...

Marcus: That, that means that some of the parts in the ASIC might work and some will not, but we can compensate for that.

Another member: We can compensate for that."

not a hint at all, lol

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 20, 2013, 02:01:34 PM

Activity: 742
September 20, 2013, 01:56:08 PM
I know it's probably too early to tell, but it seems like increase in hashrate since the last difficulty jump has tapered off a little bit.  Anyone else notice that?  

No. Next projected diff increase is +20% already. Bernanke must also be in charge of the hashrate.  

Jump to: