Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1628. (Read 3049503 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 21, 2013, 07:01:09 PM
So you did care enough to do some research of your own. Nice. Smiley

you didn't respond to the part where he clowned you for caring about wattage

are you going to make some graph that shows how long term power savings means a shit compared to short term Gh increase?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 21, 2013, 05:47:46 PM
So you did care enough to do some research of your own. Nice. Smiley
Activity: 389
September 21, 2013, 05:42:21 PM
In this auction you can see that consumption is not 0.7w/Ghs wall is 1.56w/Ghs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITFURY-55nm-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-In-Hand-115-GHashes-180W-not-Avalon-BFL-/111172547420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e266735c

When visiting KNC this summer. One of my questions were Regarding consumption. Why only 0.7w/Ghs bitfury 55nm?
I did it in a room at Marcus and Andreas, one of the two workers who had our back, replied "They have not shown"

Now this device 115Ghs and 180w, ratifies the KNC worker
bitfury chip can do 0.3W/Gh
Complete devices delivered by Bitfurystrikesback did 0.8W/Gh, measured at wall.

Just fixing your facts

Bitfury 400Ghs  =  256 chips  =  1,56 Gh/s per chip
Ebay Device 115=    40 chips = 2,87 Ghs/ per chip

With the current rate of difficulty and up is much more profitable than 256 chips had a hashrate of 734 Gh/s

With 400Gh/s &   400w win 7340$ first month
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/e01d0bc449
With 734Gh/s & 1150w win 13400$ first month
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/acc6a91153

Which do you prefer? BTC or watts. Because I'm not greenpeace mining.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 21, 2013, 05:32:23 PM

The Bitfury chip consumption is tunable (like most ASIC manufacturers have promised for their own).
The BitfuryStrikesBack 400GH/s miners use 16x16 = 256 chips, the one in your link only use 5x8 = 40 chips (as far as we can tell from the pictures) to reach 115GH/s. Obviously they aren't configured to use the same frequency, voltage, ...

Buyer say NOT OVERCLOCKED

I assume you mean Seller.

"not overclocked" is probably referring to the default configuration of this particular miner which the seller didn't change. As I tried to explain in my previous post there's no single "maximum" frequency for Bitfury chips it depends on the voltage, converter max amperage, cooling solution, ...

So apples, oranges...
September 21, 2013, 05:17:30 PM

The Bitfury chip consumption is tunable (like most ASIC manufacturers have promised for their own).
The BitfuryStrikesBack 400GH/s miners use 16x16 = 256 chips, the one in your link only use 5x8 = 40 chips (as far as we can tell from the pictures) to reach 115GH/s. Obviously they aren't configured to use the same frequency, voltage, ...

Buyer say NOT OVERCLOCKED
Activity: 896
September 21, 2013, 05:06:17 PM
How about you check up on Bitfury miner's specs yourself? It's out there in the open, nothing secret about it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITFURY-55nm-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-In-Hand-115-GHashes-180W-not-Avalon-BFL-/111172547420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e266735c

When visiting KNC this summer. One of my questions were Regarding consumption. Why only 0.7w/Ghs bitfury 55nm?
I did it in a room at Marcus and Andreas, one of the two workers who had our back, replied "They have not shown"

September 21, 2013, 05:04:57 PM

bitfury chip can do 0.3W/Gh
Complete devices delivered by Bitfurystrikesback did 0.8W/Gh, measured at wall.

Just fixing your facts
September 21, 2013, 04:50:11 PM
How about you check up on Bitfury miner's specs yourself? It's out there in the open, nothing secret about it.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 21, 2013, 04:43:44 PM

Translation:

I can't backup what I say and would like other people to do the work for me.

A Bitfury 400GH Miner (October Delivery) does 400GH for 400W, you can get it in October and costs a little bit less than the first KNC batch.

So in order for my Jupiter order to have been a smart (or lucky) decision, KNC will indeed need to over deliver on their promise, especially on the hash rate, in which case the lower GH/$ should compensate the higher J/GH.

Wish us luck Wink
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 21, 2013, 03:39:31 PM
So, it's 8 days an counting down for KNCminer to fulfill their first ship promise.

Just a what if......KNCminer releases info. 5-7 days late on purpose....any idea where that puts them in the process....anyone?

That would be a clever way to keep their promises and give themselves some leeway.

I hope they thought of it Smiley
September 21, 2013, 02:07:09 PM
I'm sorry do you really expect people to not keep purchasing hardware to the point by which profit margins are squeezed to such an extent they are minimal in comparison to electricity
as some have pointed out these pre-order schemes make people buy even more hardware than your above post suggest.

KnC provoded the safest bet with people's funds that's all.
lets see their delivery date before crowning anyone.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246
September 21, 2013, 02:02:14 PM
legendary
Activity: 994
September 21, 2013, 01:51:58 PM
For KNC to compete with Bitfury they should have delivered weeks ago, now it's simply too late. KNC first said they would deliver this Summer, then it became September and now it's (hopefully) before the end of September. I know it's a tight schedule, but Bitfury has shown they can deliver when they say they can deliver, KNC so far has not. Hashrate would need to be over 600Gh/s and power consumption under 600W to compete with Bitfury, I don't see that happening.

You have math to back up that assertion, or are you simply talking out of your ass?

legendary
September 21, 2013, 01:43:42 PM
For KNC to compete with Bitfury they should have delivered weeks ago, now it's simply too late. KNC first said they would deliver this Summer, then it became September and now it's (hopefully) before the end of September. I know it's a tight schedule, but Bitfury has shown they can deliver when they say they can deliver, KNC so far has not. Hashrate would need to be over 600Gh/s and power consumption under 600W to compete with Bitfury, I don't see that happening.
Activity: 532
September 21, 2013, 01:02:37 PM
The growth seems to be accelerating still, if anything:

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

A solid 2.5% per day, which is +125% per month.

Perhaps the growth of the growth has tapered off a little but thats a bit meta to me and statistical noise at this point

Yes it is accelerating still, however the growth of the growth seems to have tapered off.  Maybe it's just me hoping and wishing too much.

Anything is an acceleration this is still very much the GPU transition. There was supposed to be a 130nm, and 65nm stage, but we all know how that went and who received the lion's share of that (specific companies themselves, delay tactics, lies, etc.). This is about to be the peoples' real ASIC revolution. Viva!

I don't think the people are gaining much from this. The profit lies with the companies selling the miners, not the people buying them as they can only pray for ROI.

Agree!

Pffft who is taking all the risk? The guys betting few $K, or the guys betting the chance they will never ever be allowed to run a business again with reputation as mud?! They have always stated they build a machine that spit coins, your bet is on BTC being taken as a legitimate currency in future. If you want to make big coin then innovate a means for mainstream use and adoption. Brain power trumps plugging in machines that print money. Margins there will always be squeezed by more affluent people once product prove safe to purchase and elec. is cheap. That's a no brainer.

Sorry to break it to you bro, but common sense dictates here...

Oh please... if your bet would be on BTC being a legitimite currency in the future it would be more profitable to just buy BTC instead. People just got sucked into the BTC mining rush with their eyes looking like dollar signs, and now these same people are going to find out how it feels to be crushed under the wheels of exponential increasing difficulty. I don't think KNC is a bad company or anything, they will probably take their place as 2nd best mining hardware company after Bitfury. But to claim that this is the ASIC revolution for the people... please, people who have risked their money will be very lucky to break even in the future and most certainly would have done better by buying BTC directly.

I'm sorry do you really expect people to not keep purchasing hardware to the point by which profit margins are squeezed to such an extent they are minimal in comparison to electricity, yet more likely to give a greater gain over a year than held in a bank, just like GPU mining? What did those guys do exactly?...they bet on BTC price increasing making their effort worthwhile. Exact same scenario, expect currently profit margins still remain greater until everyone has caught up. KnC provoded the safest bet with people's funds that's all. Lets see what eventual power consumption and hashrate is before crowning anyone. That's for both parties.
legendary
September 21, 2013, 12:50:47 PM
The growth seems to be accelerating still, if anything:

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

A solid 2.5% per day, which is +125% per month.

Perhaps the growth of the growth has tapered off a little but thats a bit meta to me and statistical noise at this point

Yes it is accelerating still, however the growth of the growth seems to have tapered off.  Maybe it's just me hoping and wishing too much.

Anything is an acceleration this is still very much the GPU transition. There was supposed to be a 130nm, and 65nm stage, but we all know how that went and who received the lion's share of that (specific companies themselves, delay tactics, lies, etc.). This is about to be the peoples' real ASIC revolution. Viva!

I don't think the people are gaining much from this. The profit lies with the companies selling the miners, not the people buying them as they can only pray for ROI.

Agree!

Pffft who is taking all the risk? The guys betting few $K, or the guys betting the chance they will never ever be allowed to run a business again with reputation as mud?! They have always stated they build a machine that spit coins, your bet is on BTC being taken as a legitimate currency in future. If you want to make big coin then innovate a means for mainstream use and adoption. Brain power trumps plugging in machines that print money. Margins there will always be squeezed by more affluent people once product prove safe to purchase and elec. is cheap. That's a no brainer.

Sorry to break it to you bro, but common sense dictates here...

Oh please... if your bet would be on BTC being a legitimite currency in the future it would be more profitable to just buy BTC instead. People just got sucked into the BTC mining rush with their eyes looking like dollar signs, and now these same people are going to find out how it feels to be crushed under the wheels of exponential increasing difficulty. I don't think KNC is a bad company or anything, they will probably take their place as 2nd best mining hardware company after Bitfury. But to claim that this is the ASIC revolution for the people... please, people who have risked their money will be very lucky to break even in the future and most certainly would have done better by buying BTC directly.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 21, 2013, 12:10:52 PM
Sorry if this is has been asked before, but its a long thread. Will these miners have a CE/FCC label on them?
Activity: 532
September 21, 2013, 11:54:08 AM
Has batch #1 from KnC shipped yet?  I'm getting ready to pull out of BFL and re-invest back into KnC for their November batch #2 target.  Any words out there?
Not yet,but if you do want batch #1 hardware check out my auction here.I contacted KNC earlier and they mentioned they are preparing to ship orders out very soon,but didn't give a definitive date.

About the issues concerning customs,I had asked about that issue in the past and they mentioned about labeling it simply as 'computer hardware' to get around customs issues.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 21, 2013, 11:15:38 AM
Anyway, regarding testing the chip vs. testing the PCB.  Remember, this is what the PCB looks like:

That's with a stand-in FPGA.

There isn't really anything on the board other then the main IC, and 8x power supplies. Each one costs $25.05547 a piece when you buy a reel of 700, so that is $200.44 for the  power supplies. The rest of the components look pretty inexpensive.

As far as the cost in the event of a completely bad chip, you probably wouldn't want to actually throw it out, but you could easily just set it aside and then go back later and remove the power supplies.

Or as I said, if there's only a problem with one of the 4 completely separate hashing circuits, they could use that miner as one of their own self-mining units.

They made it very clear that they are going to test each unit before sending it to the customer, but only for about 20 seconds each.

There are a ton of "armchair experts" on this board who think they know more then the people actually doing things.

Heh, in formula-1, of course, they throw out the engine after every race Tongue

No they don't.

well they rebuild them, from what I understand.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
September 21, 2013, 11:01:21 AM

Heh, in formula-1, of course, they throw out the engine after every race Tongue

No they don't.

Jump to: