Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1629. (Read 3049503 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 21, 2013, 10:52:22 AM
Heh, in formula-1, of course, they throw out the engine after every race Tongue

That does seem to be about where bitcoin mining might be headed, doesn't it? Smiley At least for a while...

-MarkM-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 21, 2013, 10:47:09 AM
No intelligent company tosses $250 worth of components and PCB because a $25 chip is bad...

You do if you're in a rush to make a headline-breaking deadline, and if it's a significant number of rejects you hire someone to extract what they can off the board to put in the scrap bin.

Hypothetically if it cost them $2kUSD overhead per unit, and they sold 100,000 units expecting a 5% reject rate then they'd have 110,000 units of inventory (more in reality). Considering they're making 50% (roughly) per unit, a 1% loss per unit isn't a big deal.

I suspect that you've never actually owned an electronics business of your own...

Maybe someone has never raced in a formula-1 race, too...

-MarkM-

Heh, in formula-1, of course, they throw out the engine after every race Tongue

Well, to start with, you don't scrap bad boards that cost 10x what the main chip on them costs - especially when you are paying software licenseing fees for each copy of the embedded firmware on them.  

Once things have died down, and depending on what the trouble is with the board,  you would either rework it to replace the hashing chip and sell it as an add-on module later, you might possibly use it in a lower end machine (probably not worthwhile), or, at the very least sell them "as is" for the cost of the parts.  I do not doubt they ordered extra to get through this first batch, but I seriously I doubt they are planning to just throw money in the trash afterwards...

Why would they pay licensing fees for boards you scrapped? And what embedded software?  The only thing the boards have on them are Asics and power supplies.

Also, each package actually has 4 completely independent hashing chips (complete with independent power connectors).  It's unlikely all 4 will be bad and they'll probably just self-mine with the bad chips.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Firing it up
September 21, 2013, 10:42:45 AM
Has batch #1 from KnC shipped yet?  I'm getting ready to pull out of BFL and re-invest back into KnC for their November batch #2 target.  Any words out there?

Hmm, there has been no discussion for quite some time regarding KNC shipping anything.  They must have gone out of business.  No one has posted in this thread in many weeks.

You should probably just keep your BFL order.  They really seem like your best option.
That's kinda true, for a 518 page thread there is probably about 5 pages of on topic content. One of the most derailed ASIC threads I have seen.

Because of ORSoc monitored, the small thread can have many pages.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 21, 2013, 10:42:28 AM
What, you don't care about what if Jupiters are going to hash at 350 400 450 500 550 600 666 750 at least 400  Gh/s and that the chips are going to be be delivered by private courier  James Bond  DHL on private jets  submarines  secret courier planes commercial aircraft to avoid customs  the chinese mafia  complications?
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
September 21, 2013, 10:32:51 AM
Has batch #1 from KnC shipped yet?  I'm getting ready to pull out of BFL and re-invest back into KnC for their November batch #2 target.  Any words out there?

Hmm, there has been no discussion for quite some time regarding KNC shipping anything.  They must have gone out of business.  No one has posted in this thread in many weeks.

You should probably just keep your BFL order.  They really seem like your best option.
That's kinda true, for a 518 page thread there is probably about 5 pages of on topic content. One of the most derailed ASIC threads I have seen.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 21, 2013, 10:09:56 AM

That's the problem with epic threads like this.  People return to them so often for any news.  And when there isn't anything new to report, they eventually start to treat it as their "homepage". 

Now just wait for them to start shipping!  People will turn this into a support thread rather than using a more appropriate thread.   Undecided
erk
Activity: 826
September 21, 2013, 08:42:22 AM

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
September 21, 2013, 08:41:41 AM

You owe me a new monitor.  Tongue
Glow Stick Dance!
September 21, 2013, 07:56:54 AM

Activity: 191
Merit: 110
September 21, 2013, 07:35:46 AM
Activity: 476
let's have some fun
September 21, 2013, 07:17:11 AM
So, it's 8 days an counting down for KNCminer to fulfill their first ship promise.

Roll Eyes

Today is last day of summer. Mars was at the point in time of the news on the roadmap, too.
We will be in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)

As well as it is last day of the (business) week
We will update this news site as often as we can with news. We will even have some videos this week from our Swedish assembly factory as some of our smaller parts begin to be assembled ready for full production the minute the chips arrive.

It seems like there issues causing (minor) delays?
Activity: 752
September 21, 2013, 06:17:17 AM
So you wanna talk speculation? So how fast is the Jupiter really going to be? What will the overclocking potential be like if they are actually pushing say 500GHs at a low clock speed? (I don't think 500GHs is wildly optimistic based on KNC's recent comments) Will overclocking be even more beneficial because of the extra baseline speed? Overclocking 15% on a 500GHs rig should yield 25% more speed increase than overclocking a 400GHs machine, right? 75GHs increase versus a 60GHs increase according to my simpleton math skills.

My money is on 600 GH/s
It can't be too high.  They said a 850w Psu will cover it.  I'm glad I bought 1000w.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 21, 2013, 05:22:59 AM
*If* that's the case, they will probably arrange clearance ahead of time by informing customs as to the exact nature of their goods.

You are required to send a prior notification according to Swedish customs: http://www.tullverket.se/innehallao/f/foranmalanavvaror/foranmalanavvaror/summariskinforseldeklaration.4.746caaf2118a74da0328000192.html

The shipping/courier companies will take care of this for you. If you bring the commercial merchandise you have to make sure you do it yourself. Again, hopefully KnC have already done this. If not there's still time to do it.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1038857/cpu-memory-smugglers-nabbed-due-to-unexpected-fog

just found this in another thread. the fud is big in this one... Wink
Activity: 336
September 21, 2013, 05:21:22 AM
So, it's 8 days an counting down for KNCminer to fulfill their first ship promise.

Just a what if......KNCminer releases info. 5-7 days late on purpose....any idea where that puts them in the process....anyone?
erk
Activity: 826
September 21, 2013, 05:07:25 AM

Activity: 262
September 21, 2013, 05:00:02 AM
*If* that's the case, they will probably arrange clearance ahead of time by informing customs as to the exact nature of their goods.

You are required to send a prior notification according to Swedish customs: http://www.tullverket.se/innehallao/f/foranmalanavvaror/foranmalanavvaror/summariskinforseldeklaration.4.746caaf2118a74da0328000192.html

The shipping/courier companies will take care of this for you. If you bring the commercial merchandise you have to make sure you do it yourself. Again, hopefully KnC have already done this. If not there's still time to do it.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 21, 2013, 04:48:08 AM
What if it went like this

Remember this one?

We can now speculate further on the contents of that conversation…

"so this is your secret monarch gen IV chip ?"
"yep"
"got a working prototype?"
"in two weeks"
Glow Stick Dance!
September 21, 2013, 04:27:09 AM
But wait!

What if...

Inaba shipped the customers officer to Kansas City ahead of time and used the BFL mind control ray on him?!?!?!

Or worse! ... What if BFL's mind-control ray has been launched into orbit and can target customs officers worldwide?!?!?!

Roll Eyes Tongue

-MarkM-

Good one!

It's very hard to distinguish the satire from the insanity in this thread.  But this single post pretty much says it all.

Now can we stop with the IRYRASMO, please?  Lol.
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
September 21, 2013, 04:17:14 AM
What if it went like this

Remember this one?

We can now speculate further on the contents of that conversation…
Lets go to the bathroom and take some lines. This plate looks perfect.

A couple of days later:

Activity: 532
September 21, 2013, 04:13:59 AM
But wait!

What if...

Inaba shipped the customers officer to Kansas City ahead of time and used the BFL mind control ray on him?!?!?!

Or worse! ... What if BFL's mind-control ray has been launched into orbit and can target customs officers worldwide?!?!?!

Roll Eyes Tongue

-MarkM-

What if Inaba, and Yifu both pre-arranged their customs duties owed ahead of time and organised a seamless transition of goods, or behaved like a business and oversaw operations professionally like they were meant to instead of telling you a pack of lies constantly...
Jump to: