Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1638. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 19, 2013, 04:54:57 PM
I wanna see their rig hashing!  Smiley

We all do. For them it's probably like giving birth, they're probably burning a whole in he rug pacing up and down waiting, just hope they can keep their cool at the point of delivery. I'd seriously be all fingers and thumbs!
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Activity: 505
September 19, 2013, 04:52:15 PM

Me too, at my home. Just 2 weeks left  Cool
Activity: 616
September 19, 2013, 04:47:18 PM
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
September 19, 2013, 04:35:40 PM
For being the 2nd largest pool, it's odd that you rarely hear someone mentioning 50btc in pool discussions like this.  I've never tried them (Bitminter and BTCGuild are my preferred pools) but I wonder where all that hashing power is coming from.

Cheers to the wafer!  Now I wish they'd let me upgrade my Mercury to a Jupiter.  Stupid ME for hedging my bets.  Lol.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
September 19, 2013, 04:03:15 PM
Ignored.  Asshat who thinks he's a know-it-all.  Joins such illustrious members on that ignore list as Kuroth, Vigil, Eve, bbxx, and atomichaos....

+1

ignored, asshat!

w2go LOL.

I didn't even say a word against KNC and these silly fanboys still start their play.
I should've listened to the guys who said BCT is these days filled with these kind of people, people who bring no value to the community.

FWIW, I think KNC will deliver but it'll be late.

Anduck,

The reaction you're receiving here is due to your question about anyone seeing a "working chip". Had you spent a few minutes reading KnC's website or this thread, you'd know that there will not be a working chip shown until they're ready to ship the finalized unit to customers (~12 days from now). Furthermore, you're probably the 20th person to ask that question in recent history. I think the participants of this thread are simply tired of the lack of effort put into research.

To make things worse, people like to use the "working chips" question as a way to troll everyone else. You may not have intended to act like a troll, but that's how others will perceive you.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 19, 2013, 04:01:11 PM
Actually, I make a great deal more mining on Slush than I do on BTC guild with my 83 Gh/s ....

I'm sure of it, its PPS... The only problem with it, is like I said, you get paid even if no blocks are found. Risk for reward

No slush is not PPS, it uses an an odd exponential function that severely penalizes pool hoppers.  If you leave a round before a block is found, your reward very quickly declines to zero.  Shares found closest to the block are worth more than shares at the beginning of the round, unless it happens to be a very short round.

Slush pretty consistently finds an average of 18-24 blocks per day, and i make about 0.030 per round with 83 Ghs.  That gets me 0.4 per day most other places - especially on PPS pools like 50 BTC.  On a good day on Slush I can make twice that, and on a bad day, a little less than that.
legendary
Activity: 1065
Merit: 1077
September 19, 2013, 03:53:49 PM
Actually, I make a great deal more mining on Slush than I do on BTC guild with my 83 Gh/s ....

I'm sure of it, its PPS... The only problem with it, is like I said, you get paid even if no blocks are found. Risk for reward

A) Slush is NOT PPS

B) You do NOT get paid more on a PPS pool.  You just get less variance.  The miner is assuming NO extra risk on a PPS pool, so why would he make more?  It's the pool operator that is taking a risk.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 19, 2013, 03:52:05 PM
Seems to me to be the first truly reliably ASIC rig manufacturer.

Spoken like a BFL customer in 2010 after seeing a picture of their first FPGA, roughly a year or so before actually receiving one (at a lower hashrate and almost 5x or so the promised power consumption, even though both metrics were deemed conservative and likely to be exceeded), or one thats still waiting after what, 8? 12? months  after seeing a die shot of BFLs asic.  BFL was bad, but they didnt really have competition back then, even a 6 months delay wasnt really a drama.

So a hint: dont go spending all that KnC mining profit just yet. Pictures of chips = good, but not exactly a guarantee it will be hashing at your place a few weeks later and most definitely not that its a "truly reliable manufacturer"

(to be clear, Im not claiming the opposite either, we just dont know shit yet).
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
September 19, 2013, 03:46:25 PM
Ignored.  Asshat who thinks he's a know-it-all.  Joins such illustrious members on that ignore list as Kuroth, Vigil, Eve, bbxx, and atomichaos....

+1

ignored, asshat!

w2go LOL.

I didn't even say a word against KNC and these silly fanboys still start their play.
I should've listened to the guys who said BCT is these days filled with these kind of people, people who bring no value to the community.

FWIW, I think KNC will deliver but it'll be late.
Activity: 196
September 19, 2013, 03:46:10 PM

Yeah, from what I'm reading here, I think I have a grasp of how it works.

I think PPS is crazy, I read about another pool (not sure which one) whose reserve was either stolen or lost.  This was a while ago, a year maybe.  I don't want a pool to open up the possibility of a scam or accidental loss, just so I get a predictable payout.  As long as the average is as high as possible and the variance isn't ridiculous.

I don't think solo mining with a Jupiter would be a good idea (for what I consider acceptable risk).  I'm not sure what the odds are of never finding a block, but I bet it's significant.  Depending what day I get it, I'm sure the odds could be 10% or more that I lose my entire investment going solo.  Of course, the odds are about the same that I mine 6 blocks (or whatever double the predicted rate is).

Is there a formula or calculator somewhere for variance?  eg, if the network hashrate is X and I have hashrate Y and my pool has hashrate Z (Y=Z for solo), I'd want a graph of odds of each amount of payout.  And if it could take into account increasing difficulty that would be great.

I agree, PPS is getting crazier with every terrahash that is added to the network... As for solo mining, I was referring to it being feasible after the network has plateaued and it is no longer profitable to pool mine. At that point a jupiter becomes a lottery ticket printer
Activity: 196
September 19, 2013, 03:43:51 PM

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 19, 2013, 03:40:18 PM

+1

ignored, asshat!
legendary
quack
September 19, 2013, 03:35:24 PM

i only ask you to read about development of these things. Lol @ your reply.... Please.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 19, 2013, 03:30:38 PM
legendary
quack
September 19, 2013, 03:29:29 PM
So... i asked whether someone had seen a working asic chip of KNC?
Why I ask it?
If you dont have chips and you need to deliver actual product in less than 2 weeks (tm)...
You guys who say they can deliver in time.. You obviously have no clue what is needed after the chip is ready and in hand. Read about bitfury asics production. ...and their reseller btw shipped in time, too.
Activity: 616
September 19, 2013, 03:28:49 PM
Give Slush a chance when you get back into it. I've used both. I like the merged mining of BP, but Slush has always provided me more payout and it's been very reliable.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 19, 2013, 03:21:07 PM
About 4 or 5 months ago, BitMinter was having a horrible string of bad luck to the point they were wondering if there was something technically wrong with the pool. Did that ever get sorted out?

Yes, there was an independent audit: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitminter-audit-or-pplns-vs-pps-201258

I think Bitminter is one if the best paying pools right now, because of low fees, Namecoin mining and payment of transaction fees.

Edit: bitparking might pay even more (0% fee, alt coins) but is somewhat small.

What little mining I've done has been with bitparking. I have no experience of the others, because I was using a low end GPU and didn't think I had a snowball's chance in hell at the bigger ones.

That being said, I found them easy to use, and I did make a bit of coin. This was just before I moved from PA. I'm probably going with them once I get the hardware sorted.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 19, 2013, 03:19:02 PM
For Fast food reference:

LOL, awesome chart
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 19, 2013, 02:56:38 PM
That was a wafer. Good to see and al that...but not a chip nonetheless.
Looking positive for a happy few pages here in the near future , it's already become useful again with a purpose Smiley
A picture is worth 500 pages of words Smiley
Or 500 GH coming with Jupiter.:-)

Looks that way. The day I see someone report that on a machine they just received I'll be really happy, it's not often that people can afford faith in a company in this game from what I've seen. I've always thought they were a cut above as far as professionalism was concerned and having an October delivery date was less stressful...but the guys who get the 1st rigs deserve rewards for sticking their necks out more than the rest of us.

Seems to me to be the first truly reliably ASIC rig manufacturer. Gonna be busy aren't they? Smiley
Jump to: