Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1641. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
September 19, 2013, 12:12:35 PM
Once you guys get your miners in hand what pools will you consider using and why?

btcguild + pplns

+1 btcguild - PPLNS is the way to go...

Can someone point me to a low (or no) fee pool that is highly regarded? (or a discussion of same)?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

I'm not paying those ridiculously high fees unless there's some other benefit besides lowering variance.  As far as I can tell there really isn't any.

I would think all of us here should have a pretty high tolerance for variance (just another word for luck in this case), we're all basically doing one big crapshoot buying these miners in the first place.

I'm not sure I could deal with solo mining though, an average Jupiter will probably only solve maybe 2-3 blocks solo, so the odds of ending up with nothing are just a bit too high for me to go solo.  But a smaller pool is fine.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 19, 2013, 12:09:51 PM
Where are the chips? Where are the chips? Show me the chips! Do the chips even exist?? Where are the chips? Blah blah...

ha, chip.)

Boom..boom, bam, G*d-damn! Screw the doubters, and the haters, that's a 1mm tall middle finger...Grin
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 19, 2013, 12:09:13 PM
Once you guys get your miners in hand what pools will you consider using and why?

btcguild + pplns

Guys,

stop using BTCGuild, please do spread your hashing power to the other pools!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-is-no-longer-decentralized-295926

spiccioli

+1

Why pay those guys 3% when you can mine on Eligius, P2Pool, and others for free?  You can keep more of the BTC you mine, AND help keep the network secure by spreading the hashing power around.

+1

With BTCGuild having almost half of the total rate, this is NOT a decentralized system. Join any small local pool or P2Pool.
Activity: 616
September 19, 2013, 12:07:51 PM
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 19, 2013, 12:07:43 PM

Bitminter is merge-mining Namecoins + pay Transactions.

So why not Bitminter?
legendary
Activity: 1065
Merit: 1077
September 19, 2013, 12:05:47 PM

btcguild + pplns

Guys,

spiccioli

+1

Why pay those guys 3% when you can mine on Eligius, P2Pool, and others for free?  You can keep more of the BTC you mine, AND help keep the network secure by spreading the hashing power around.
Activity: 196
September 19, 2013, 12:01:35 PM

btcguild + pplns

Guys,

spiccioli

I intend on switching back to my old little pool once 80% ROI is realized. However, this was an investment, and it just makes fiscal sense at the moment to go with the pool mining the most coin.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
September 19, 2013, 11:52:51 AM

btcguild + pplns

Guys,

spiccioli
Activity: 196
September 19, 2013, 11:51:59 AM

btcguild + pplns

+1 btcguild - PPLNS is the way to go...
Activity: 602
September 19, 2013, 11:50:13 AM
Cant wait for shipping updates Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
September 19, 2013, 11:48:11 AM
ha, chip.)

Guy’s, below we have some photos to share from our packaging house in Asia who are currently are in possession of our wafers; slicing and packaging the dies into the chips you and we so badly want to get our hands on.

The finish line is in sight. A few sleepless nights yet, but we are doing everything we can to keep our delivery promise. This is nail-biting to say the least.

Going to post some more hosting facility pictures on the forum later today as well. So look out for those. They’re from last weekend, something else we’ve forgone for the immediate future. Let’s just take a moment to thank or very understanding wives, and children, who have been exceptionally restrained and understanding considering the last few months. We’re all looking forward to making amends on some lost time there.

However, there are a couple of pictures below, we know you’ve anxiously wanted to see. As you can see we’ve managed to etch our logo onto the die itself. To give you some idea of scale, the logo itself is just under 1mm in height

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/2545-kncminer-28nm-die-photos-hot-of-the-press-from-our-packaging-assembly-house

Booooom...

maybe my ignore list will not grow anymore Tongue
Activity: 616
September 19, 2013, 11:46:31 AM
 Grin
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 19, 2013, 11:43:51 AM
ha, chip.)

Guy’s, below we have some photos to share from our packaging house in Asia who are currently are in possession of our wafers; slicing and packaging the dies into the chips you and we so badly want to get our hands on.

The finish line is in sight. A few sleepless nights yet, but we are doing everything we can to keep our delivery promise. This is nail-biting to say the least.

Going to post some more hosting facility pictures on the forum later today as well. So look out for those. They’re from last weekend, something else we’ve forgone for the immediate future. Let’s just take a moment to thank or very understanding wives, and children, who have been exceptionally restrained and understanding considering the last few months. We’re all looking forward to making amends on some lost time there.

However, there are a couple of pictures below, we know you’ve anxiously wanted to see. As you can see we’ve managed to etch our logo onto the die itself. To give you some idea of scale, the logo itself is just under 1mm in height

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/2545-kncminer-28nm-die-photos-hot-of-the-press-from-our-packaging-assembly-house
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 19, 2013, 11:37:35 AM

btcguild + pplns
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
September 19, 2013, 11:15:13 AM

Still debating between BTCGuild and Bitminter Smiley
Activity: 752
September 19, 2013, 10:54:23 AM
btcguild via PPLNS for the 3% fee.  Easy to withdrawal and monitor on my iphone. 
Activity: 752
September 19, 2013, 10:52:44 AM
I keep seeing people mentioning the upcoming monarchs from BFL in with other companies adding to the increase...but I have to wonder who would trust them enough to (pre)order one ? I think people aren't so stupid as to ignore all the companies who have royally screwed customers this year (monarch may be an insider jest about them doing that?) ...so when KnC deliver on time and with better rigs than spec, wouldn't prudent buyers wait that few months for a gen 2 that may give them a chance to break even because it will at least arrive in good time? Who takes a risk when they can avoid it?

If this is even half true then a lot of this increase might be delayed until KnC gen 2 ..which is early 2014..
If I wasn't already waiting and was looking to buy a rig now, I'd see how KnC performed compare to the others ...and probably go with the one that was trustworthy with the additional bonus that gen 2 won't be the 1st attempt so should run smoother.
Just speculation but KNC gen 2 will be the same as gen 1.  Maybe they'll add a logo sticker in with the package.  That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

they arent overclocking shit. the chips are going to be hashing at maximum efficiency from knc. WHERE has it said that november orders are not going to run above 400ghs? THIS IS NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND. jesus christ people are daft.
Please reread, "Just speculation."  Maybe "overclocking" was the wrong choice of words.  I should have said "they're not going to give extra hashing power to future Jupiter orders."  I sincerely apologize for being such a raving bedlamite.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
September 19, 2013, 10:50:31 AM
Jump to: