Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1692. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
September 09, 2013, 07:17:50 PM
Cheesy

sorry, but at first the platinum one is few bucks more only paying off itself in no time
next you wasted money, they proposed 850W..you remember their strategy 'margins upon margins upon margins'...so it should be sufficient even for next generation and overclocking (if possible).

For the same money I'd have preferred the corsair's digital platinum PSU with 7years warranty and 92% efficiency in worst case Wink
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139041

1000w might be a good choice for hardcore overclocking.. time will tell Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
let's have some fun
September 09, 2013, 07:14:18 PM
 Cheesy

sorry, but at first the platinum one is few bucks more only paying off itself in no time
next you wasted money, they proposed 850W..you remember their strategy 'margins upon margins upon margins'...so it should be sufficient even for next generation and overclocking (if possible).

For the same money I'd have preferred the corsair's digital platinum PSU with 7years warranty and 92% efficiency in worst case Wink
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139041

Activity: 329
Merit: 10
https://eloncity.io/
September 09, 2013, 06:45:29 PM
Delivered.  1 Bad Ass Power Supply.
To be delivered.. 1 Bad Ass Asic miner.   ;-)  
Sad to think that the power supply will outlast the miner. 
Oh well. 

Activity: 306
Merit: 100
September 09, 2013, 06:23:14 PM
Any news about the ASIC 28nm chip?

If bet 1 btc that not delivery at october
How btc I will win?

There is betting site for this:

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

But hard to say how much you get by betting 1 btc and winning
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 09, 2013, 06:16:35 PM
Any news about the ASIC 28nm chip?is only 10 days from the time that knc must have the chip at hand for not delay

Pray tell good Sir, how did you get that number of days for no delay? And no delay to where? If you live next door to them you should still be on time if they send them on the 26th...
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
September 09, 2013, 06:14:55 PM
Any news about the ASIC 28nm chip?

If bet 1 btc that not delivery at october
How btc I will win?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 09, 2013, 06:12:38 PM
You can do the math. If you have an 85% efficient power supply delivering 800W and your line voltage is 117V (standard in the US), you get:

800 / .85 / 117 = 8A

8 Amps.

Activity: 462
September 09, 2013, 06:10:25 PM
any stats on amps for Jupiters?   15 or 20?

I am figuring if setting up at home, separate circuits/breakers per miner is the way to go

It depends on the voltage you are getting.  In the US, it is typically 120 but that can vary from 110-120.

Watts = Amps x Volts

If you are in the US.
650 to 850 Watts / 120 Volts = ~5.5 to 7 Amps each Jupiter so 2 per dedicated circuit is a safe bet.

thanks for the reassurance!!!
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 09, 2013, 06:04:42 PM
One word of caution to the mineral oil, if for some strange reason your heat exchange system (fan/radiator) fails, you will deep fry your circuitry, unless you have a large enough bath to carry the thermal load long enough to realize and fix.

I wonder if that would happen - heat dissipation from the circuits -> oil -> glas should be sufficient if you use a fishtank. oil has a heat dissipation of ~0,13 (a fifth of water) and glas is at around 0,76. If you take the surface of a fishtank to be around 1 m² the temperature should even out at max. 65°C if your room temperature is around 20°C
Activity: 210
September 09, 2013, 06:02:51 PM
I've been thinking about the cooling solution that KNC provided, and have been trying to figure outa way to cool these things enough to squeeze out another 50GHz/s. I have been considering the notion of stripping the PCB from the case, stripping the fans from the heatsinks, and flipping the board 180 degrees upside-down with the Heatsinks immersed in a mineral oil bath instead of the traditional full board immersion techniques people have tried.

The immersion pool would have a fan cooled radiator and would utilize a large liquid pump such as the kind you would see in a large fishtank providing circulation for the oil. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

if you're going that far, why not watercool? ==>> Not messy.

I had the same idea as him. pretty much because I don't have the right formfactors for a watercooling device - mineral oil is quick and dirty but works imo

There are tons of waterblocks out there, the universal brackets are trivial to mod with a cheap drill (if for some odd reason the footprint is non-standard -- would be an odd design choice). Edit: I mean CPU waterblocks.

I never had good luck with oil -- heat transfer coefficient is 3 to 4 times worse for oil, it's messy, it wicks, is more viscous (doesn't flow as well) etc., etc.  Oil is also a pain to circulate well in the tank itself, especially around heatsinks designed for forced air, and don't forget that it wicks.  And it wicks.  Drop a wire into the tank, and have a puddle on the floor in the morning.  4realz.  Anything dipped in oil becomes a pain to rework, no matter how much solvent you use (trust me, it will get on the board even if the board itself is not submerged.  And it *does* have a smell.  There's fun stuff i've only read about -- boiling point ~30 - 40 C, but it costs way too much.  Something like that.
erk
Activity: 826
September 09, 2013, 05:34:28 PM

Well, that's obvious, and the more pressing issue considering we are fighting difficulty rise isn't a stuffy room. The problem we are trying to overcome is achieving the safest most stable overclock speed possible. I can care less if the office AC has to work harder to get rid of the heat, I want to maximize the potential of my hardware.

[Edit]
The office that my miners will be stored in includes electricity so, no extra cost for additional cooling. Grin
How do you know these devices can be overclocked?

Activity: 824
Merit: 712
September 09, 2013, 05:31:35 PM
any stats on amps for Jupiters?   15 or 20?

I am figuring if setting up at home, separate circuits/breakers per miner is the way to go

It depends on the voltage you are getting.  In the US, it is typically 120 but that can vary from 110-120.

Watts = Amps x Volts

If you are in the US.
650 to 850 Watts / 120 Volts = ~5.5 to 7 Amps each Jupiter so 2 per dedicated circuit is a safe bet.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2013, 05:27:05 PM
Pages and pages of comments about me ignoring some idiot. Some of you guys don't have much to do with your lives if this is how you spend your day.

I'm not interested in making any response. Let's get back to discussing what this thread is about. The rest is irrelevant. Peace.
Activity: 616
September 09, 2013, 05:26:55 PM
One word of caution to the mineral oil, if for some strange reason your heat exchange system (fan/radiator) fails, you will deep fry your circuitry, unless you have a large enough bath to carry the thermal load long enough to realize and fix.

1000W usage on 120v circuit is usually ~9 amps I believe. 1500w ~ 12-13amps. This is constant load, not surge.
Activity: 616
September 09, 2013, 05:25:44 PM

Activity: 196
September 09, 2013, 05:24:50 PM
any stats on amps for Jupiters?   15 or 20?

Was wondering that myself, and more importantly, how many amps per 8-pin rail. Not sure if this was mentioned in any of the previous threads, please excuse if it was.
Activity: 462
September 09, 2013, 05:23:03 PM
any stats on amps for Jupiters?   15 or 20?

Activity: 196
September 09, 2013, 05:05:42 PM
I've been thinking about the cooling solution that KNC provided, and have been trying to figure outa way to cool these things enough to squeeze out another 50GHz/s. I have been considering the notion of stripping the PCB from the case, stripping the fans from the heatsinks, and flipping the board 180 degrees upside-down with the Heatsinks immersed in a mineral oil bath instead of the traditional full board immersion techniques people have tried.

The immersion pool would have a fan cooled radiator and would utilize a large liquid pump such as the kind you would see in a large fishtank providing circulation for the oil. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Water cooling doesn't make your data centre any cooler, you still have to get rig of the heat from the room.

Well, that's obvious, and the more pressing issue considering we are fighting difficulty rise isn't a stuffy room. The problem we are trying to overcome is achieving the safest most stable overclock speed possible. I can care less if the office AC has to work harder to get rid of the heat, I want to maximize the potential of my hardware.

[Edit]
The office that my miners will be stored in includes electricity so, no extra cost for additional cooling. Grin
erk
Activity: 826
September 09, 2013, 04:53:09 PM

Water cooling doesn't make your data centre any cooler, you still have to get rig of the heat from the room.

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2013, 04:37:46 PM
Please keep this thread in topic. Did I miss some announcements regarding chips?

Was there supposed to be an announcement solely of chips?

Next to last step: Final assembly
Last step: Ship.

Maybe not, but it is next logical step I believe. So I still suppose the chips are in production stage. Hopefully there will be no problems because of tight schedule
Jump to: