Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1695. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 09, 2013, 01:44:56 PM
Some said their GF/wives were cool, some said they would never mention it to them.

what about you? Did you tell it to her?.) (and feel free to vote)
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
let's have some fun
September 09, 2013, 01:43:24 PM
(...)

If it wasn't for O'rama, WE would know a-lot less about KNC than we do now.
Way to thank a person. What have YOU contributed? (other than insults?)  
Take heed of thy own words.

+1

At this point I'd like to say:
Thank you Bitcoinorama for sharing your research and thoughts!
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
September 09, 2013, 01:41:29 PM
No good deed goes unpunished.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 09, 2013, 01:40:28 PM
The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin
Wow, you are an asshole. Can't help taking a swipe can you? Only the worst type of people try to build themselves up by putting others down. Sad fucker. You are ignored.

You just now figuring that out?Huh  LOL    Yea Bitcoinorama is one Major POS..  Scum of the earth type person..

This.

O rama went to the open day and reported back the the entire community via this site.  This helped all of us.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
September 09, 2013, 01:31:57 PM
The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin
Wow, you are an asshole. Can't help taking a swipe can you? Only the worst type of people try to build themselves up by putting others down. Sad fucker. You are ignored.

You just now figuring that out?Huh  LOL    Yea Bitcoinorama is one Major POS..  Scum of the earth type person..

Activity: 616
September 09, 2013, 01:24:38 PM

what's left to accuse me of when they deliver? Sure you'll think of something.

probably blame you for his returns
Activity: 532
September 09, 2013, 01:19:53 PM

You just now figuring that out?Huh  LOL    Yea Bitcoinorama is one Major POS..  Scum of the earth type person..

What the hell is your problem exactly? You just haunt threads spreading negativity. I'm really nasty aren't I? Spend my own time and money to prove a company is legit. Suggest several aspects they should adhere to to warm to a community - under promising, over delivery, ethics, secure payment, honesty. Win over a community to prove the company is for real and thus help said company raise it's NRE. Push for future products that will keep the oldskool mining members happy, which KnC have stated they will now develop. Awoken people to the power of secure payment being a feasible choice, and ensure the honest companies honour refunds, and protect their customers funds. Turn people off scams for which I've called out 100% correct. That's 100%, check my posting history, I have not been wrong yet. Conceitedness? or zero greed, a level head on my shoulders with a professional background in engineering, and finance? Yeah i'm real evil, because I don't want peeps getting screwed over.

Dude i'm so unperturbed by any negativity towards me, in fact i've been laughing my ass off the entire way throughout. I've been called every name under the sun these last couple of months. It doesn't faze me at all. Want to know why? Because I'm honest, and know I haven't lied. At anypoint. Or pressured anyone in to doing anything but their on research to strengthen their own, and confirm what I've chosen to share. So what have I to worry about?? Everyone already now knows the company isn't scamming, I went out of my way and provided as clear as evidence as possible, I've never told anyone to do anything, but not get in or use debt to fiance any ASIC purchase, or risk more than they are willing to loose on a punt, and follow through with their own research. Sensible advice, whilst openly stating how I was approaching it. Never told anyone to copy me, but anything I have said has been common sense advice anyone should have performed if they didn't want to get burnt, therefore unsurprisingly; ta daa, I haven't been. What's left to accuse me of when they deliver? Sure you'll think of something. Going to call me arrogant, or a POS, because I don't stand for abuse directed at me, or for having a low threshold to BS and stupidity?! Pfff!
September 09, 2013, 01:09:53 PM

What on earth are you on about?! Have you had a look at the KnC forum?! There's an entire thread dedicated to whether people have told their significant others (wives or girlfriends) whether they have bought a mining machine in the humour section;

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/off-topic/humor/162-did-you-tell-to-your-girlfriend-wife-about-knc-order

The same topic has been mentioned several times on Bitcointalk!! Not by me, and I have yet to even post on the KnC forum.

Xialla even started a poll around the subject there.

Some said their GF/wives were cool, some said they would never mention it to them.

If you've ever owned an arcade machine, or built a MAME cab you'll know of the exact same conversation. Ever tried to talk someone round for a gaming rig that size? It's a large heavy unpopular unit, unless it evokes fond memories of childhood.

It's not a swipe, it's being light-hearted. Stop being so sensitive.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 09, 2013, 12:33:36 PM

Caught a picture of "The Avenger" and "Kuroth" together at last.

Yup..  That is me on the left in Orange..  Was my 17th B Day party last year..

How many refunds have you accrued so far?  You hit the big 10 yet?

I have gotten back every last damn dime form all these scam ASIC companies..

September 09, 2013, 12:22:46 PM
This is one of the better threads for lunchtime humor reading
September 09, 2013, 12:12:28 PM

How many refunds have you accrued so far?  You hit the big 10 yet?
September 09, 2013, 12:11:31 PM

September 09, 2013, 12:05:15 PM

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 09, 2013, 11:31:48 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you use 50btc.com as your pool, i have created a KNCMiner team. Feel free to join up! As devices get delivered, im sure we can get near top of the list.

come help out!

https://50btc.com/teams/join-token/edb44c89487d44066dc8ea477ccb3400b11c7af7

if the token doesnt work, just go to 50btc.com teams and search KNCMiner
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
September 09, 2013, 11:17:29 AM

Dude...where the hell is this coming from? Are you off your meds?
Maybe it's not a dude, maybe it's 'that week of the month'  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
September 09, 2013, 10:51:32 AM

Dude...where the hell is this coming from? Are you off your meds?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2013, 10:46:18 AM
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 09, 2013, 08:59:31 AM
OK, just been thinking about this problem for a bit and my best idea so far is to use a "double-decker" design. 2 hashing units, side-by-side, with the other two sitting on top. Allows for a cube type case, allows 4 intake fans (or perhaps just one big box-fan) and a very simple, straight-through airflow. Might not fit in a standard rack but it's incredibly more efficient and clean design.

Yeah, I'm thinking along these lines too. Just buy some off-the-shelf (boom boom!) shelves, power supply in the middle shelf, one unit on each of the other shelves with inlet fan fixed to the front. Cool as a breeze!

Could easily mod something like this to the right size for unit + heatsink.
http://Image

I think I miss all the DIY gpu rigs  Grin #modyourjupiter

Plenty of space in this:

http://image

Hmm, you mentioned this before. Have you thought it out?
- Isn't the airflow going to be all over the place in such a big case?
- Are you going to cut and drill the hell out of it to install inlet/outlet fans? It's gonna look a bit funny.
- Does it still work as an arcade machine? If it does, probably won't for much longer when it starts to fill with hot air.
- It's quite a big thing to have sitting around in a house, especially if it doesn't work. I'd want to keep the whole thing as compact as possible.

But on the upside, no one is going to steal something that big and awkward. I hope you change the name on it to "Bitcoin Invaders"  Cheesy

No mate, I've owned real ones in the past. This is precisely what they were back in the day - housings for huge cutting edge PCB boards (cutting edge in the 80's Wink - those things got hot, had to run 24/7 and had plenty of fans), they were pretty much server cases with large wells-gardner monitors and happ 8-way joysticks. Just these days you can have screens with less depth, larger speakers, and all the games ever created on a thumb drive powered by a tiny light weight processor. Air flow can be altered by adding shelving manipulating the circulation and extraction. You can separate the miners from the rest of the cab. After the miners become redundant, either replace them, keep the cab, or sell the unit on eBay. The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin

I'm mounting my KNC gear in my MAME / pinball cabs.

(Not really, they're hosted, but would make a cool project)

https://i.imgur.com/xkSkCz0.jpg?1

September 09, 2013, 08:39:32 AM
+1 to the coinop case. I say rock it. Maybe someone can make an arcade game where you use bitcoins and can win them back? That'd be neat as hell.

I miss those days. My dad used to work for one of the largest coinop/billiard leasing companies in my area. I'd get to preview and play games long before they hit the streets, and I'd get to play them for free at their warehouse. They would assemble them and let them sit for awhile before they got shipped out. Super fun.

I go into arcades these days and it's just not the same. Home game systems surpass the graphics by far, and the arcade world is really dying hard and fast. So many good memories.
September 09, 2013, 08:23:37 AM
OK, just been thinking about this problem for a bit and my best idea so far is to use a "double-decker" design. 2 hashing units, side-by-side, with the other two sitting on top. Allows for a cube type case, allows 4 intake fans (or perhaps just one big box-fan) and a very simple, straight-through airflow. Might not fit in a standard rack but it's incredibly more efficient and clean design.

Yeah, I'm thinking along these lines too. Just buy some off-the-shelf (boom boom!) shelves, power supply in the middle shelf, one unit on each of the other shelves with inlet fan fixed to the front. Cool as a breeze!

Could easily mod something like this to the right size for unit + heatsink.

I think I miss all the DIY gpu rigs  Grin #modyourjupiter

Plenty of space in this:

Hmm, you mentioned this before. Have you thought it out?
- Isn't the airflow going to be all over the place in such a big case?
- Are you going to cut and drill the hell out of it to install inlet/outlet fans? It's gonna look a bit funny.
- Does it still work as an arcade machine? If it does, probably won't for much longer when it starts to fill with hot air.
- It's quite a big thing to have sitting around in a house, especially if it doesn't work. I'd want to keep the whole thing as compact as possible.

But on the upside, no one is going to steal something that big and awkward. I hope you change the name on it to "Bitcoin Invaders"  Cheesy

No mate, I've owned real ones in the past. This is precisely what they were back in the day - housings for huge cutting edge PCB boards (cutting edge in the 80's Wink - those things got hot, had to run 24/7 and had plenty of fans), they were pretty much server cases with large wells-gardner monitors and happ 8-way joysticks. Just these days you can have screens with less depth, larger speakers, and all the games ever created on a thumb drive powered by a tiny light weight processor. Air flow can be altered by adding shelving manipulating the circulation and extraction. You can separate the miners from the rest of the cab. After the miners become redundant, either replace them, keep the cab, or sell the unit on eBay. The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin
Jump to: