Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1693. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 09, 2013, 04:33:01 PM
One wonders how much GH you would get out of it with that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmSBaizEqkk  CheesyCheesy
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 09, 2013, 04:25:16 PM
I've been thinking about the cooling solution that KNC provided, and have been trying to figure outa way to cool these things enough to squeeze out another 50GHz/s. I have been considering the notion of stripping the PCB from the case, stripping the fans from the heatsinks, and flipping the board 180 degrees upside-down with the Heatsinks immersed in a mineral oil bath instead of the traditional full board immersion techniques people have tried.

The immersion pool would have a fan cooled radiator and would utilize a large liquid pump such as the kind you would see in a large fishtank providing circulation for the oil. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

if you're going that far, why not watercool? ==>> Not messy.
The whole idea was to use non-conductive coolant, thus the mineral oil - more forgiving should some splash on the PCB.
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 09, 2013, 03:56:05 PM
I've been thinking about the cooling solution that KNC provided, and have been trying to figure outa way to cool these things enough to squeeze out another 50GHz/s. I have been considering the notion of stripping the PCB from the case, stripping the fans from the heatsinks, and flipping the board 180 degrees upside-down with the Heatsinks immersed in a mineral oil bath instead of the traditional full board immersion techniques people have tried.

The immersion pool would have a fan cooled radiator and would utilize a large liquid pump such as the kind you would see in a large fishtank providing circulation for the oil. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

I had the same idea as him. pretty much because I don't have the right formfactors for a watercooling device - mineral oil is quick and dirty but works imo
Activity: 226
September 09, 2013, 03:53:14 PM
I dunno, I'm kinda itching to have a backhoe AND a miner

"Grävare" translates to "digger" or "someone/something that digs". In swedish you dig for gold rather than mine it.

Best reference is "När vi gräver guld i USA" (When we dig for gold in the USA) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaVmYE_OBfs *

Evry Swede that was alive in '94 know this song by heart Wink

* The scenes in the video is the greeting the swedish soccer team got back from the world championship with a bronze.
Activity: 210
September 09, 2013, 03:36:00 PM

September 09, 2013, 03:23:12 PM

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
September 09, 2013, 03:11:59 PM

If KnC hold good on their timetable I'm sure you'll be able to have both - I'm sure JCB will accept Bitcoins at sometime.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 09, 2013, 03:07:51 PM
Activity: 71
September 09, 2013, 03:01:51 PM
I'm still sniggering that the nearest google translate can get to miner is "backhoe"
Activity: 111
September 09, 2013, 03:01:30 PM
What would really be cool is to have a package from Sweden on my front porch when I get home from work today.
Activity: 363
Merit: 285
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
September 09, 2013, 02:55:00 PM
I really hope they announce this week that they got the chips and will deliver next week.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 09, 2013, 02:48:50 PM
I'm more interested in the packing of miners, surely they'll have a lot more work packing and despatching  and need people for that compared to the handful by comparison who will be collecting their rigs? Looks like another "on schedule" troll killer update though, so that's good.
September 09, 2013, 02:44:59 PM
The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin
Wow, you are an asshole. Can't help taking a swipe can you? Only the worst type of people try to build themselves up by putting others down. Sad fucker. You are ignored.

You just now figuring that out?Huh  LOL    Yea Bitcoinorama is one Major POS..  Scum of the earth type person..

What the hell is your problem exactly? You just haunt threads spreading negativity. I'm really nasty aren't I? Spend my own time and money to prove a company is legit. Suggest several aspects they should adhere to to warm to a community - under promising, over delivery, ethics, secure payment, honesty. Win over a community to prove the company is for real and thus help said company raise it's NRE. Push for future products that will keep the oldskool mining members happy, which KnC have stated they will now develop. Awoken people to the power of secure payment being a feasible choice, and ensure the honest companies honour refunds, and protect their customers funds. Turn people off scams for which I've called out 100% correct. That's 100%, check my posting history, I have not been wrong yet. Conceitedness? or zero greed, a level head on my shoulders with a professional background in engineering, and finance? Yeah i'm real evil, because I don't want peeps getting screwed over.

Dude i'm so unperturbed by any negativity towards me, in fact i've been laughing my ass off the entire way throughout. I've been called every name under the sun these last couple of months. It doesn't faze me at all. Want to know why? Because I'm honest, and know I haven't lied. At anypoint. Or pressured anyone in to doing anything but their on research to strengthen their own, and confirm what I've chosen to share. So what have I to worry about?? Everyone already now knows the company isn't scamming, I went out of my way and provided as clear as evidence as possible, I've never told anyone to do anything, but not get in or use debt to fiance any ASIC purchase, or risk more than they are willing to loose on a punt, and follow through with their own research. Sensible advice, whilst openly stating how I was approaching it. Never told anyone to copy me, but anything I have said has been common sense advice anyone should have performed if they didn't want to get burnt, therefore unsurprisingly; ta daa, I haven't been. What's left to accuse me of when they deliver? Sure you'll think of something. Going to call me arrogant, or a POS, because I don't stand for abuse directed at me, or for having a low threshold to BS and stupidity?! Pfff!

You want some cheese with that whine?Huh  Poor baby...

I don't follow...

Don't even waste the braincells dude... This guy is not worth it...
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 09, 2013, 02:42:05 PM

You would have to agree that MAYBE with all three combined they could do a simple task such as hand a person their miner right?

HA - thanks for good laugh
Activity: 72
September 09, 2013, 02:40:09 PM
Kuroth... Why are you here again? You don't have a single asic on order anywhere, and yet you are here to do what exactly?

To pull the cats tail  (we are the cat)     Hey Phoenix ............Kuroth  reminds me a bit of Mario ....His persistance is a little funny ........I find myself smirking at his childish antics .........yes I know ...I shouldn't encourage him ........but  without the wankers , this life would be kind of straight ..............I must be bored .........I confess . I took him off my ignore button     lol
Activity: 94
September 09, 2013, 02:39:16 PM
I don't follow...

What don't you follow?  The man couldn't be any more clear.  Here, let me translate it for you:

Kuroth said:
"Bla Bla Blah.  Bla bla, blah blah bla bla.  Blah blah."

Now do you follow?
Activity: 462
September 09, 2013, 02:36:20 PM

So this is saying that KnC is actively looking for employees to hand out customers ASICs when they start delivering?

That's not a bad sign that we might just be getting close!

so will the three newhires to hand out the miners be:  Eve, Kuroth & Josh?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 09, 2013, 02:24:44 PM
The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin
Wow, you are an asshole. Can't help taking a swipe can you? Only the worst type of people try to build themselves up by putting others down. Sad fucker. You are ignored.

You just now figuring that out?Huh  LOL    Yea Bitcoinorama is one Major POS..  Scum of the earth type person..

What the hell is your problem exactly? You just haunt threads spreading negativity. I'm really nasty aren't I? Spend my own time and money to prove a company is legit. Suggest several aspects they should adhere to to warm to a community - under promising, over delivery, ethics, secure payment, honesty. Win over a community to prove the company is for real and thus help said company raise it's NRE. Push for future products that will keep the oldskool mining members happy, which KnC have stated they will now develop. Awoken people to the power of secure payment being a feasible choice, and ensure the honest companies honour refunds, and protect their customers funds. Turn people off scams for which I've called out 100% correct. That's 100%, check my posting history, I have not been wrong yet. Conceitedness? or zero greed, a level head on my shoulders with a professional background in engineering, and finance? Yeah i'm real evil, because I don't want peeps getting screwed over.

Dude i'm so unperturbed by any negativity towards me, in fact i've been laughing my ass off the entire way throughout. I've been called every name under the sun these last couple of months. It doesn't faze me at all. Want to know why? Because I'm honest, and know I haven't lied. At anypoint. Or pressured anyone in to doing anything but their on research to strengthen their own, and confirm what I've chosen to share. So what have I to worry about?? Everyone already now knows the company isn't scamming, I went out of my way and provided as clear as evidence as possible, I've never told anyone to do anything, but not get in or use debt to fiance any ASIC purchase, or risk more than they are willing to loose on a punt, and follow through with their own research. Sensible advice, whilst openly stating how I was approaching it. Never told anyone to copy me, but anything I have said has been common sense advice anyone should have performed if they didn't want to get burnt, therefore unsurprisingly; ta daa, I haven't been. What's left to accuse me of when they deliver? Sure you'll think of something. Going to call me arrogant, or a POS, because I don't stand for abuse directed at me, or for having a low threshold to BS and stupidity?! Pfff!

You want some cheese with that whine?Huh  Poor baby...

I don't follow...
Activity: 434
September 09, 2013, 02:23:07 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you use 50btc.com as your pool, i have created a KNCMiner team. Feel free to join up! As devices get delivered, im sure we can get near top of the list.

come help out!

https://50btc.com/teams/join-token/edb44c89487d44066dc8ea477ccb3400b11c7af7

if the token doesnt work, just go to 50btc.com teams and search KNCMiner

Their exchange rate rate right now is 121 dollars on that page, compared with 132 on Gox and +500 trading app?
Bitstamp = 122.25 right this second.

Check the genesis block calculator...agrees with Gox. That's a big difference, and according to the graph I'm looking at we've not been down that low for a long while. Something very wrong there.

TGB is getting it's data from gox. Gox is losing market share and relevance daily so indexing bitstamp is becoming more common by the day.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
September 09, 2013, 02:20:33 PM
"The first batch machines, which will be handed out in Stockholm at the end of the month, is already sold out according to Andreas Kennemar. "

so, first units will be available in Stockholm at the end of september, at best.
Jump to: