Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1745. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
August 30, 2013, 07:39:37 PM
if my mercury hashes at 130 ghs. i will poop my pants in excitement.
You'd better buy some adult diapers ahead of time then...

off to the drug store i go.....
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 30, 2013, 07:39:32 PM

Enough about uranus.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 30, 2013, 07:38:51 PM
You'd better buy some adult diapers ahead of time then...
This could get messy.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 30, 2013, 07:37:30 PM

TMI
Hell?
August 30, 2013, 07:37:03 PM
legendary
LIR DEV
August 30, 2013, 07:35:17 PM
them talking about +30%

is that hashing rate ? or wishful thinking ?

30 % of what?
See the words "performance increase" directly following 30% in the newsletter?  
How about the words "in regards to CGminer" in the beginning of the very same sentience? One final Question... Are you on drugs? Smiley sry, couldn't help it.. . How can you read that sentience, and not know what the 30% applies to? Wow.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 30, 2013, 07:27:41 PM

This has gotten utterly absurd.

Since the fricking open day they have stated end of Sept. Nothing has changed.

I cannot believe how people are genuinely comparing their experience with;

A) Butterfly Labs; a clusterfuck of dishonest wannabes that outsource their design work and focused more on marketing and aesthetic over function and time to market.

B) Bitsyncom; a corrupt bunch of attention seeking school kids that sold out their entire community for a quick buck after pre mining the shit out of their customers products and refusing refunds until such point people got pissed enough to threaten legal action.

With a genuine engineering firm with over 10 years experience in FPGA and ASIC design (that's not cumulative, that's each engineer - real socially reclusive designers capable of creating 178 core ASICs, hardcore sh*t, not attention seekers), and who own the worlds largest open source community; opencores.com Their door has been open to visitors the entire time, yet you all prefer to bitch of a forum, over visiting and seeing what their capable of with your own eyes. The comments cluttering this thread are laughable.

FFS the board is totally over designed to handle any heat issue, the estimated specs are completely minimal pessimistic values so as not to let anyone down. These are not simulated best theoretical values the other 28nm manufactures are claiming. The competitors have to make bold claims as they are months behind and want funding.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 30, 2013, 07:24:39 PM
If you don't think KNC is 100%, then put your money where your mouth is...

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

I'll be happy to profit from your misgivings.
Activity: 784
August 30, 2013, 07:17:49 PM
And so its confirmed still om track for end of September, which makes these devices pretty much useless unless the value of bitcoin starts to skyrocket. Good thing I got my refund.

Far from useless if delivered in time (late September/ early October).
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
August 30, 2013, 06:49:12 PM
Tsukene

Hey  Tsukene

I thought the Chips image was great ............one of the best hand grenades yet .  I think you should throw more .

We cant just ignore all of the bullshit comments they chuck ....wheres the fun in that

Half the reason I read this thread is to find knowledge and the other is to have a laugh.........like our Kuroth , I like takeing pot shots at him ..........theres still a little kid left in me too

The only really important decision that needs to be made will be appox October 15th will be if you should reinvest in a Jupiter at $5000 or not ..........and you will know that decision quite easily on the day ...................the rest of is not that important .........unless you have big monies to invest and can get more GH  cheaper

So keep lobbing those grenades ..........I enjoy a good giggle  
Hell?
August 30, 2013, 06:45:05 PM
haha you win. 400th PAGE!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 30, 2013, 06:40:59 PM
i think YOU expected beginning of september. A smart person assumed the end of september or beginning of october. glad you got your refund as well Smiley

P.S. HAPPY 400TH POST!!!!

Uh, that's a bit belated, isn't it?  Your post is #7981 Grin
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
August 30, 2013, 06:19:22 PM
Hell?
August 30, 2013, 06:17:06 PM
And so its confirmed still om track for end of September, which makes these devices pretty much useless unless the value of bitcoin starts to skyrocket. Good thing I got my refund.

Glad you got your refund.  Now stop trolling here.  STFU and GTFO...

You sound angry lols, not trolling, delivery is expected end of september when this whole time they gave the impression of early to mid september. The only one getting trolled is you still waiting for your device, hope they dont get delayed so you never roi lmao.

i think YOU expected beginning of september. A smart person assumed the end of september or beginning of october. glad you got your refund as well Smiley

P.S. HAPPY 400TH POST!!!!
August 30, 2013, 06:09:04 PM
This user is currently ignored...
Activity: 560
August 30, 2013, 06:07:56 PM

Glad you got your refund.  Now stop trolling here.  STFU and GTFO...

You sound angry lols, not trolling, delivery is expected end of september when this whole time they gave the impression of early to mid september. The only one getting trolled is you still waiting for your device, hope they dont get delayed so you never roi lmao.
August 30, 2013, 06:05:22 PM

They have always been expected at the end of September.  They will ROI up to the point where difficulty exceeds 2 billion.  Glad you got your refund.  Now stop trolling here.  STFU and GTFO...
Activity: 560
August 30, 2013, 06:03:23 PM
Activity: 616
August 30, 2013, 06:02:30 PM
FWIW, The simplest explanation is often the best:

The chips (in bulk) are being burned as we speak, the design was finished awhile ago.

Prior to the bulk silicone chip order, a few chips were laid out and used for testing/verifying board functionality/testing the chips, etc.

That's not a situation of putting 2 unknowns together, that's simply matching up components which had already been designed-for and tested-with each other.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 30, 2013, 05:42:55 PM
Microsoft is only concerned with time to market and profits you cannot even use them as a valid example. Not to mention the logistics are totally different when patching and updating physical equipment vs software after it shipped. and if you are referring to CGminer, you may want to reread the previous posts considering they have successfully tested it with the FPGA and considering the ASIC is essentially suppose to be a copy off of it, things should go smoothly assuming the chip works.

The chips seldom "work" or "don't work."  The chips can draw way too much power (BFL), not take clock@voltage (everyone else), have noise issues, dead cores, etc., etc. -FPGAs are pretty much useless for debugging boards meant for ASICs.  Nothing -- from power requirements to clockspeed -- is the same.  It's no better than testing a race car with a lawnmower engine.  You will see routing mistakes, but that sort of thing is usually caught before testing Smiley

As far as Microsoft, i used them as a counterexample to the claim that establishing good standards & practices eliminates the need to test & debug.  That claim is simply absurd -- testing & debugging are an integral part of coding.
4realz.
Jump to: