Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1743. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
August 30, 2013, 10:16:43 PM

anyone know if any PSUs allow to be on without being controlled by a motherboard?  Anything besides using paperclips, etc?  Something civil? Smiley

A paper clip is cheaper but:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151106818357

And for those previously clueless about these paperclip shenanigans, here's a decent video:

http://tinyurl.com/lelywgv
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
August 30, 2013, 10:16:34 PM
You know what? I should've just listened to everyone else and add you to ignore. There's no point in reasoning with idiots. Reasonable assumption? According to what? The genesis mining calculator? lol

Your maths and logic is totally off. I've already given you the scenario/logic behind how hard it is to double and double and double again. Yet you still failed to understand that. Then again, ain't you the idiot who wanted to cancel your order because the case didn't look good? LOL

Added to ignore.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
August 30, 2013, 10:10:54 PM
Again, 5% is the number you came up with since you used the genesis mining cal. With their doubling and doubling - that's almost impossible. So I'm going to label that as a worst case scenario. In an okay scenario, you're going to roi much more than that. And that would be pretty good for an investment.

Not many places where you can make back anywhere from 5% to 100%.

Lets stick to the resonable assumption of 5% there are many places where you can make that and much safer than BTC. Dont forget to remove fees for convertimg BTC to a usable form of currency and your down to 4%.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 30, 2013, 10:09:00 PM
I just realized KNC has stopped taking orders for the Mercury..
The realist
August 30, 2013, 10:06:37 PM
Again, 5% is the number you came up with since you used the genesis mining cal. With their doubling and doubling - that's almost impossible. So I'm going to label that as a worst case scenario. In an okay scenario, you're going to roi much more than that. And that would be pretty good for an investment.

Not many places where you can make back anywhere from 5% to 100%.
August 30, 2013, 10:05:43 PM
Why even try to reason with a troll?

The only troll here is you, denying historical data and current data. Your unit is worthless, but of course you will deny this to make your ego feel better lmao. The difference between winning investors and losing investors knowing when they are wrong and cut their losses. We'll find out which one you are in about a month or two. If your not day 1-3 your roi is negative lmao. Idiot
Activity: 280
Hell?
August 30, 2013, 10:03:18 PM
i can afford to spend money on a miner, which i may or may not lose. im sorry you dont have that kind of financial freedom.
August 30, 2013, 10:01:49 PM
Yeah maybe a year from now guess what its going to double in September, therefore anyone who ordered from KNC will get pretty much nothing or $100-400

$100-400 doesn't seem too bad. You want $16k return on your 7k 'investment'?  Roll Eyes

$100 is a bit extreme. So let's just take the number $400

400/7000 = 5%

Not bad Grin

There is need for you to invest in bitcoin for that kind of return, much safer options.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 30, 2013, 10:00:32 PM
Why even try to reason with a troll?  They're like Democrats - they don't let inconveinient things like facts interfere with their vision of reality...
The realist
August 30, 2013, 09:57:44 PM
Yeah maybe a year from now guess what its going to double in September, therefore anyone who ordered from KNC will get pretty much nothing or $100-400

$100-400 doesn't seem too bad. You want $16k return on your 7k 'investment'?  Roll Eyes

$100 is a bit extreme. So let's just take the number $400

400/7000 = 5%

Not bad Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 30, 2013, 09:55:28 PM
The HashFast die is 18x18mm2 and does 400Gh/s. (I'm just going with them since they disclosed their die size)

That's 1.2345679 Petahash/s per square meter (yes really).  A square kilometer is a million square meters, so if you had a square kilometer of HashFast chips you'd have a 1.2345679 Zetahashes/second.

1.2345679 PH/s equates to a difficulty of 172 million, so to convert a difficulty estimate into square meters of HashFast chips (just the silicon, not the package) you divide by 172 million.  So right now you'd need 0.38 square meters worth of HashFast chips to get that difficulty.

Now, you put in a start date of decemeber with the default parameters for the calculator, and it tells you the difficulty in november, 2014 will be 316,655,000,000.   That would require 1,841 square meters worth of HashFast chis.

Put in december of 2014, and it'll tell you that by november of 2015, the difficulty will be 279,729,190,000,000.  That would require 1.6 square kilometers worth of hashfast chips.

Put in a December, 2015 start and it'll estimate a difficulty generated by 1,453 square kilometers.

At that rate, we would need enough silicon to cover the earth's surface with HashFast chips by sometime in 2017.
August 30, 2013, 09:54:27 PM
30 Day   110 %
60 Day   208 %
90 Day   441 %

The genesis block is pretty spot on witb its calculations give or take 5gh, the last months its been 5gh behind. Good luck

Here's some maths logic for you. It's quite easy to double the network when it's small but when a network is already big, it takes quite a lot of effort to double it again and again and again.

The realist
August 30, 2013, 09:50:42 PM
30 Day   110 %
60 Day   208 %
90 Day   441 %

The genesis block is pretty spot on witb its calculations give or take 5gh, the last months its been 5gh behind. Good luck

Here's some maths logic for you. It's quite easy to double the network when it's small but when a network is already big, it takes quite a lot of effort to double it again and again and again.
The realist
August 30, 2013, 09:49:10 PM
However I look at it differently.

Yea i may spend a few grand or so on "outdated or no ROI" hardware BUT I already consider the money gone rather if i make my money back or not. Its an investment. Sometimes you make your money back and sometimes not. Just the way the cookie crumbles. Also its a way to keep the network nice and strong! Go to the BIGGEST super computer network there is. Long Live Bitcoin!  Grin

That's good mentality and thinking right there. Too many people here thinking it's a guaranteed sure money maker. It's not. It's super risky and well you know the saying, "the bigger the risks, the bigger the reward".

From reading all the posts here in this thread, it seems too many people have spent way too much on a miner. Why do you think they are all in here acting so worried and going Where is ROI? Chips=where?

Man seriously if money is that big of a concern, maybe you've just spent way above what you can afford to lose.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 30, 2013, 09:47:37 PM

anyone know if any PSUs allow to be on without being controlled by a motherboard?  Anything besides using paperclips, etc?  Something civil? Smiley

A paper clip is cheaper but:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151106818357
August 30, 2013, 09:47:06 PM
In a way, the genesis block mining calculator is a god sent.

It scares away all the noobs and people who are just bad at maths. It's pretty much the opposite of what we had at the start which was a calculator webpage to calculate hashrate at CURRENT difficulties. Haha that lured so many people into buying miners. "omg this bfl 30gh/s miner would be earning me 30k this month! - ok ill preorder one from BFL"

With the genesis block calculator, "omg no roi. i don't think i should be preordering anymore".

Reposted since you can't read

30 Day   110 %
60 Day   208 %
90 Day   441 %

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
August 30, 2013, 09:45:07 PM

It scares away all the noobs and people who are just bad at maths. It's pretty much the opposite of what we had at the start which was a calculator webpage to calculate hashrate at CURRENT difficulties. Haha that lured so many people into buying miners. "omg this bfl 30gh/s miner would be earning me 30k this month! - ok ill preorder one from BFL"

With the genesis block calculator, "omg no roi. i don't think i should be preordering anymore".

You say scare away the noobs BUT i am a noob.

However I look at it differently.

Yea i may spend a few grand or so on "outdated or no ROI" hardware BUT I already consider the money gone rather if i make my money back or not. Its an investment. Sometimes you make your money back and sometimes not. Just the way the cookie crumbles. Also its a way to keep the network nice and strong! Go to the BIGGEST super computer network there is. Long Live Bitcoin!  Grin
Activity: 462
August 30, 2013, 09:29:50 PM

this IS the sumtin for nutin crowd
The realist
August 30, 2013, 09:26:23 PM

Activity: 462
August 30, 2013, 09:24:23 PM
Don't recommend this piece of crap. It's not even bronze rated. You are going to spend 1000's on a miner and buy some unrated power supply???

For just a fraction more, you can buy this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-TX850-Enthusiast-Series-Bronze/dp/B004O0P9XK

Better quality, better brand, has bare minimum 80 plus bronze rating, better company to deal with - just better all round.

I am thinking this might be nice for the Jupiter

http://www.microcenter.com/product/414489/SuperNOVA_1000G2_1000_Watt_ATX_12V_Power_Supply

if we were going on looks, I think this would be the PSU of choice for these space miners

http://www.microcenter.com/product/410331/Hale90_Series_V2_850_Watt_Modular_Power_Supply#

Jump to: