Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1762. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 28, 2013, 01:22:25 PM
cool, we should now discuss which PSU is best one for KNC miners.) considering this one for my Jupiter: http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=43&no=157

That Enermax only has 2 PCI-E connectors according to the cables tab on the website.  Jupiter requires 4.  I'm not sure which PSUs supply 4 PCI-E connectors, unless we'd have to use adapters.

4x

check the page again.)
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 28, 2013, 01:19:13 PM
cool, we should now discuss which PSU is best one for KNC miners.) considering this one for my Jupiter: http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=43&no=157

That Enermax only has 2 PCI-E connectors according to the cables tab on the website.  Jupiter requires 4.  I'm not sure which PSUs supply 4 PCI-E connectors, unless we'd have to use adapters.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
August 28, 2013, 01:17:46 PM
PCI-E plugs are either 6 or 8 pin plugs. You can tell which they are because the wires are yellow and black only.

OK, thank you! So it's simply those adaptors that used for video cards.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 28, 2013, 01:16:58 PM
"We recommend a 600 Watt PSU with a minimum of 2x PCI-E adaptors for our Saturn model."

Hi, can somebody please explain what exactly PSU adaptors used for PCI-E?
Cx600
Activity: 69
August 28, 2013, 01:15:37 PM
"We recommend a 600 Watt PSU with a minimum of 2x PCI-E adaptors for our Saturn model."

PCI-E plugs are either 6 or 8 pin plugs. You can tell which they are because the wires are yellow and black only.
Activity: 101
Activity: 35
August 28, 2013, 01:10:19 PM

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 28, 2013, 01:07:50 PM
AX860i Corsair.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 28, 2013, 01:04:17 PM

(local price is about 320$)

or this one http://www.corsair.com/tx850w.html

(local price is about 150$, but I'm not sure if 850W will be enough, if there will be possibility for overclocking)

any pros/cons/advice?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 28, 2013, 12:57:13 PM
Ah now I can fix this based on KnCs latest 1.6W/GH announcement

75/10GH = 7.5W/GH
640/400 = 1.6W/GH
7.5/1.6 = 4.68x More Power Consumption (Guaranteed)

Monthly electricity bill for KNC blade (overclocked)?  Less than *half a pack* of smokes in NYC.  Ten cigarettes.  A month.
Thanks for the math.

KnC Blade? What is that! Something new? Time to buy!

But seriously I understand Electricity Costs are null right now, but once(If) these machines ever ROI, By that time BTC mined will come much closer to Electricity Cost and we can estimate the longevity of these machines until they literally make less BTC than they consume in Electric Cost.

Yep, meant Asicminer Embarrassed , and they're selling -- friedcat plays it consistently well.  My hat's off to him -- from quick & dirty chips to solid marketing.  The only bawwing in his threads is his constantly dropping prices.  Which is pretty lulzy, if you think about it Cheesy
legendary
LIR DEV
August 28, 2013, 12:56:00 PM

looks like I chose just the right ones... got my 3   CX600 ATX's weeks ago for the Saturns, and since "Builder's series... already has the 6-pin pci-e plugs on each power-leg, it won't require adapters. Sweet.
The Q for most now is...can you get them before supplies are short online? Happy shopping...
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 28, 2013, 12:51:57 PM
Kuroth is just here to troll.  Much better to press the ignore button...
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 28, 2013, 12:49:20 PM
Today we can reveal that our maximal power consumption will be below 1.6 W/GH/s.

KNC,

Can you clarify what the 1.6 J/GH represents

Is it "at the wall" (assuming 90% efficient ATX PSU)?
i.e.  whole system 625W @ 120Vac for Jupiter (400 GH/s nominal)
625W / 400 GH/s = 1.6 J/GH "at the wall"

Is it the entire system DC load (everything but ATX PSU inefficiency, 90% assumed)
i.e. whole system 625W DC load ~= 711W @ 120 Vac
711W /400GH/s = 1.8 J/GH "at the wall"

Is it just the asic boards (fans additional)?
i.e. 625W asic boards + ~60W for cooling = 685W @ 12Vdc ~= 761W @ 120 Vac
761 / 400 GH/s = 1.9 J/GH

On edit: the word "all components would seem to exclude the third option.

I would like to update the electrical break even point for KNC miners.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/break-even-difficulty-by-hardware-efficiency-power-cost-value-of-btc-281279

Oh and if you are willing to provide an estimate of total pre-orders I wouldn't complain. Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guesstimate-thread-for-total-asic-pre-order-hashing-power-278384
legendary
LIR DEV
August 28, 2013, 12:48:46 PM
Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

ASICMiner Blade Prices Reduced 65% After Shares Crash

"There are several factors that influenced this price cut. The network hash rate has continued to increase exponentially as companies bring their ASIC Mining power online. The difficulty has increased from 37 million when these were first announced to over 66 million currently, reducing customer’s return by 78% without even factoring future difficulty increases."

LOL I would not buy a KNC for Oct even if KNC cut their price by 65%.. Not worth it and will not make but $300 to $900 ROI over the next year after the Break Even..  If that much..

You guys have still not figured out that you are mining for the ASIC compines and paying them what you mine for the price of you ASIC..  

Mind Blown..

No wonder Pete said "Kuroth mines dirt"... I understand now. I think he may have been dropped on his head as a baby, or ate paint-chips as a child or something....  (probably why his "Mind blown") Because well,  read some of these... Every post is misinformation & FUD packed...  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=124907;sa=showPosts
If you doubt KNC, then go away... simple as that.
Activity: 198
August 28, 2013, 12:32:10 PM
I hope this wasn't already mentioned earlier in the thread, but knc posted an update on power usage.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-31

I'm really impressed with how steady information is coming out of KNC.  Gives me all warm and fuzzies on the inside.

Time to start trolling slickdeals for a PSU
Activity: 210
August 28, 2013, 12:27:48 PM
Ah now I can fix this based on KnCs latest 1.6W/GH announcement

75/10GH = 7.5W/GH
640/400 = 1.6W/GH
7.5/1.6 = 4.68x More Power Consumption (Guaranteed)

Monthly electricity bill for KNC blade (overclocked)?  Less than *half a pack* of smokes in NYC.  Ten cigarettes.  A month.
Thanks for the math.
cet
Activity: 100
August 28, 2013, 12:22:53 PM
I hope this wasn't already mentioned earlier in the thread, but knc posted an update on power usage.

do the miners also plug into the motherboard jack?  Or will we need to short out the load detection on it?

/cet
Activity: 5
August 28, 2013, 12:09:28 PM

Power Supply Recommendation.
With our shipment date approaching this update addresses the power demands of our mining devices.
We realise we are currently being compared to our competitors with respect to power consumption and would like to clarify our position.
Today we can reveal that our maximal power consumption will be below 1.6 W/GH/s.
We understand the need for some of our more remote customers to be able to secure a purchase of a power supply (PSU) within the given timeframe.
So today we can reveal the following recommendations;
We recommend an 850 Watt PSU with a minimum of 4x PCI-E adaptors for our Jupiter model.
We recommend a 600 Watt PSU with a minimum of 2x PCI-E adaptors for our Saturn model.
We recommend a 400 Watt PSU with a minimum of a PCI-E adaptor for our Mercury model.
This recommended power wattage figure is calculated upon our max. power consumption of total device including all of its components.
We aim to ensure you use a power supply unit capable of outputting in excess of the current recommended wattage to prevent any problems caused due to insufficient power.
Note: Powers supplies must contain a sufficient number of PCI-E adaptors for each respective unit.

Thanks

KnCMiner Team
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 28, 2013, 12:07:23 PM

All,

Thanks for all of the entries. We have to agree we should have been more specific, and maybe slogan was the wrong choice of word. The phrase will be on the controller board on each device. It is not a slogan for the company but our current product range.  We would like the phrase to remain Bitcoin related, as Mars' 'Bitcoin makes the world go around' was a tribute to the song 'Money makes the world to round' by Liza Minneli' . Obviously with our chosen device names the space themes are equally suitable. Anything combining the two will also be considered but don't let that limit your imagination. Phrases that stand out as creative and make us smile will be considered. We would like to make the 'coining' of a phrase by our customers a theme amongst all our future products. Bad pun, we know, could not resist. Wink

Please note, we are honestly not at all interested in belittling our competitors with phrases on our boards, our engineering will speak for itself.

We always aim to under-promise and over deliver. This is and always will be a reoccurring theme as well, and agreed as a company slogan that sits well with us.

Competition ends in at 5.30pm local time (CET) tomorrow. We are aware of the other thread and will consider entries from both.  Good luck everyone, 'stellar' efforts so far.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.

If those are your aims, how about putting them on the board?

KNC:  Underpromise.  Overdeliver.  Quality Engineering Defined...
cet
Activity: 100
August 28, 2013, 11:53:59 AM
BTCit me
Jump to: