Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1760. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 692
Merit: 500
August 28, 2013, 08:50:35 PM
Sorry the inner child couldn't resist since we where on the planetary theme -

"Uranus is next..."

A+ for effort
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 28, 2013, 07:12:17 PM
Remember that each unit has one Linux device, which accounts for the power difference (Mr. FUKT)

Hmmm yeah, I dont think I'll put too much thought into it now. I'll let everyone drool over those insane potential hash rates.

EDIT Youre right, I forgot about the peripherals.

I was assuming it would be an rPI type device.  But it sounds like it'll require, nominally, like 200W and 250W in a jupiter.

200+ 200*1 = 400 (Mercury PSU recommendation)
200+ 200*2 = 600 (Saturn PSU recommendation)
210+ 210*4 = 850 (Jupiter PSU recommendation, maybe more W due to more heat)

Hopefully that's just them being cautious, using a 200W chip as a controller would be pretty bonkers.
Activity: 201
August 28, 2013, 06:42:21 PM
I know the contest is most likely over, but it would have been cool if Sam could have hooked up with Notch to do some kind of Minecraft tie in --- being they're both swedish and all..

You have tomo at 5.30 from what they said.

Really? Anyone got ideas?  A Graphic of Steve or a creeper would be sweet but I'm sure there's licensing issues..ummm...

The Other Swedish Minecraft

The Real Swedish Minecraft

I came, I saw, I mined

In the end, you know it's just blocks

Activity: 532
August 28, 2013, 06:30:48 PM
I know the contest is most likely over, but it would have been cool if Sam could have hooked up with Notch to do some kind of Minecraft tie in --- being they're both swedish and all..

You have tomo at 5.30 from what they said.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 28, 2013, 06:30:11 PM
This applies to EVERYONE
Yes, the "Paperclip trick" need be employed when not using the MB plug, which sends the on/off signal. Example...On Corsair Power Supplies, you jumper the green pin & any black pin on the 24 pin MB connector. The on/off switch usually only allows the computer to actually send the on/off signal, and this bypasses that, and makes it so the power switch on the back actually turns the power supply on/off. I myself will be snipping the wires a bit from the plug, and wire-nutting them together.
I'm sure there will be hundreds of noobs plugging in their machines & flipping the switch, wondering why their machines wont work, crying DOA on the miner, when this is the problem, but not really a problem at all. Hope this helps alleviate some of that. Good luck.
More info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyPWWusHndA

You'd rather hope that KnC would supply at least this info to all buyers as they do say the rigs are plug in and forget them. In fact all info regarding rigs that appears here should at least be emailed to buyers. Not everyone frequents forums after all.
Which brings us back to the Professional vs. Consumer issue, but I agree a bit more info would/should be included when the time comes. Like I said, just trying to alleviate some of that... Smiley

A paperclip isn't professional, trust me Wink
I'd say it's more amateur vs consumer on this issue. lol
Activity: 201
August 28, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
Activity: 588
August 28, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
Before probabilities, I'd count how many of the computed watts become heat instead of hashpower  Undecided
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
August 28, 2013, 06:18:53 PM
Judging from the  1.6 W/GH/s and the posted requirements for power supplies we can extrapolate and get some interesting hash rates of the units. Please correct me if I'm wrong but:

Mercury                   Saturn                    Jupiter
220W 137ghs            440w 275ghs           880w 550ghs         These wattage requirements would be for max.

200w 125ghs            400w 250ghs           800w 500ghs          Maybe overclocked.

187.5w 117ghs         375w 234ghs           750w 468ghs           Sweet spot.

160w 100ghs            320w 200ghs           640w 400ghs          Minumum requirements.

It seems that the output hash rate off the chips will be better than expected.

Can somebody with better math skills then me throw some probabilities at the above?

For instance:
400==100%
468==85%
Etc.
Activity: 532
August 28, 2013, 06:04:16 PM
Profectus minare utiliter

Anything in Latin is just going to sound better.

In years to come, when future archeologists dig up the remains of cities wiped out by skynet, it'll confuse the crap out of historians to discover the Romans were hashing virtual coins way before fraction reserve banking existed! Grin
Activity: 446
August 28, 2013, 06:01:47 PM
Remember that each unit has one Linux device, which accounts for the power difference (Mr. FUKT)

Hmmm yeah, I dont think I'll put too much thought into it now. I'll let everyone drool over those insane potential hash rates.

EDIT Youre right, I forgot about the peripherals.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 28, 2013, 05:58:36 PM
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
August 28, 2013, 05:57:26 PM
Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

ASICMiner Blade Prices Reduced 65% After Shares Crash

"There are several factors that influenced this price cut. The network hash rate has continued to increase exponentially as companies bring their ASIC Mining power online. The difficulty has increased from 37 million when these were first announced to over 66 million currently, reducing customer’s return by 78% without even factoring future difficulty increases."

LOL I would not buy a KNC for Oct even if KNC cut their price by 65%.. Not worth it and will not make but $300 to $900 ROI over the next year after the Break Even..  If that much..

You guys have still not figured out that you are mining for the ASIC compines and paying them what you mine for the price of you ASIC..  

Mind Blown..

I still haven't figured out what the hell that means...or more importantly why it's here? We don't care that you doubt KnC and you already told us several times that you weren't buying one so what is your point? We should all cancel because you think so?
Or perhaps you intended a positive post and forgot to include the details of the company offering rigs that will make us rich for years to come guaranteed?

Don't go to Norway, they have a guy hunting huge trolls.
Okay, you're probably correct that it's in the wrong thread but when I first encountered the idea a light went on and I agreed.  Pre-ordered BFL and calculations of what it could earn, all smiles.  Time marches on.  Difficulty rises.  Many older devices now won't see ROI and some threat that even pre-ordered devices won't see a ROI.  Some calculation showing just break even when returns goes to almost zero.  That's what working for the manufacturer idea is about.  If you mine a year and it just pays itself off then there's only a trickle coming in, that year of work went to the cost of the miner, that year of work went to the manufacturer of the device.  It was a bit disheartening.  But yes, probably the wrong thread as these devices should see a ROI.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 28, 2013, 05:45:43 PM
Judging from the  1.6 W/GH/s and the posted requirements for power supplies we can extrapolate and get some interesting hash rates of the units. Please correct me if I'm wrong but:

Mercury                   Saturn                    Jupiter
220W 137ghs            440w 275ghs           880w 550ghs         These wattage requirements would be for max.

200w 125ghs            400w 250ghs           800w 500ghs          Maybe overclocked.

187.5w 117ghs         375w 234ghs           750w 468ghs           Sweet spot.

Excellent observation.... not bad
Activity: 574
August 28, 2013, 05:36:40 PM
I dunno... If they're releasing the power supply specs now, does this mean they have boards hashing? I don't know how it all works or how they would know definitively without having a board in-hand. I could be way off...

Also, the power supplies being less powerful than anticipated -- what does anyone think that means about the chips and their performance, no overclocking really necessary... Will the numbers be that impressive? I'm glad they're moving forward with confidence thusfar...
Activity: 446
August 28, 2013, 05:35:11 PM
Judging from the  1.6 W/GH/s and the posted requirements for power supplies we can extrapolate and get some interesting hash rates of the units. Please correct me if I'm wrong but:

Mercury                   Saturn                    Jupiter
220W 137ghs            440w 275ghs           880w 550ghs         These wattage requirements would be for max.

200w 125ghs            400w 250ghs           800w 500ghs          Maybe overclocked.

187.5w 117ghs         375w 234ghs           750w 468ghs           Sweet spot.

160w 100ghs            320w 200ghs           640w 400ghs          Minumum requirements.

Activity: 536
August 28, 2013, 05:22:34 PM
3 more days till sept... not much new info..

I'd say they've given a lot of info actually. Their circuit boards and case are finished, they are just waiting for the chips. And they are currently at fab I think, they're done when they are done, there would be nothing to report until then. Bottom line is that they still say they on track for September delivery, however "not the beginning of September".
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
August 28, 2013, 05:21:05 PM

You guys remember me of those folks here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18AzodTPG5U
Activity: 552
August 28, 2013, 05:11:33 PM
3 more days till sept... not much new info..
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 28, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
I swear by Corsair (hmm, that makes a nice slogan) Smiley
I have used 4 different models in my PCs over time and they operate well at nearly 100% loads, while being quiet at lower loads.

That said, I sent for hosting, so I hope KnC will choose a good one for my miner.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 28, 2013, 05:01:15 PM
This applies to EVERYONE
Yes, the "Paperclip trick" need be employed when not using the MB plug, which sends the on/off signal. Example...On Corsair Power Supplies, you jumper the green pin & any black pin on the 24 pin MB connector. The on/off switch usually only allows the computer to actually send the on/off signal, and this bypasses that, and makes it so the power switch on the back actually turns the power supply on/off. I myself will be snipping the wires a bit from the plug, and wire-nutting them together.
I'm sure there will be hundreds of noobs plugging in their machines & flipping the switch, wondering why their machines wont work, crying DOA on the miner, when this is the problem, but not really a problem at all. Hope this helps alleviate some of that. Good luck.
More info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyPWWusHndA

You'd rather hope that KnC would supply at least this info to all buyers as they do say the rigs are plug in and forget them. In fact all info regarding rigs that appears here should at least be emailed to buyers. Not everyone frequents forums after all.
Which brings us back to the Professional vs. Consumer issue, but I agree a bit more info would/should be included when the time comes. Like I said, just trying to alleviate some of that... Smiley
Jump to: