Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1763. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 28, 2013, 11:39:17 AM
With refrence to the "In bitcoin we trust" how about "In math we trust"

I'd suggest putting the name of the group that came up with SHA256 in but somehow I don't think "In the NSA we trust" would go over very well Grin

All,

Thanks for all of the entries. We have to agree we should have been more specific, and maybe slogan was the wrong choice of word. The phrase will be on the controller board on each device. It is not a slogan for the company but our current product range.  We would like the phrase to remain Bitcoin related, as Mars' 'Bitcoin makes the world go around' was a tribute to the song 'Money makes the world to round' by Liza Minneli' . Obviously with our chosen device names the space themes are equally suitable. Anything combining the two will also be considered but don't let that limit your imagination. Phrases that stand out as creative and make us smile will be considered. We would like to make the 'coining' of a phrase by our customers a theme amongst all our future products. Bad pun, we know, could not resist. Wink

Please note, we are honestly not at all interested in belittling our competitors with phrases on our boards, our engineering will speak for itself.

We always aim to under-promise and over deliver. This is and always will be a reoccurring theme as well, and agreed as a company slogan that sits well with us.

Competition ends in at 5.30pm local time (CET) tomorrow. We are aware of the other thread and will consider entries from both.  Good luck everyone, 'stellar' efforts so far.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.

How about: Warp 10

Anyway I like the "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks" thing.

I also still like the AYB refrence, which is technically space related - If you don't want "All your bitcoin are belong to us" then "Move ASIC for great Justice" works really well.
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
August 28, 2013, 11:34:47 AM
Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

ASICMiner Blade Prices Reduced 65% After Shares Crash

"There are several factors that influenced this price cut. The network hash rate has continued to increase exponentially as companies bring their ASIC Mining power online. The difficulty has increased from 37 million when these were first announced to over 66 million currently, reducing customer’s return by 78% without even factoring future difficulty increases."

LOL I would not buy a KNC for Oct even if KNC cut their price by 65%.. Not worth it and will not make but $300 to $900 ROI over the next year after the Break Even..  If that much..

You guys have still not figured out that you are mining for the ASIC compines and paying them what you mine for the price of you ASIC..  

Mind Blown..

I still haven't figured out what the hell that means...or more importantly why it's here? We don't care that you doubt KnC and you already told us several times that you weren't buying one so what is your point? We should all cancel because you think so?
Or perhaps you intended a positive post and forgot to include the details of the company offering rigs that will make us rich for years to come guaranteed?

Don't go to Norway, they have a guy hunting huge trolls.

I have nothing against any ASIC company other than maybe BFL..  Just trying to educate the Dumb..

Oh and they better not come to Texas as I guarantee we Hunt even BIGGER Trolls here boy.

That avatar, comment and calling someone boy = epic fail.

Oh right, I forgot, you are way smarter than the rest of us who invested vast amounts of money into mining gear...  or.. maybe not?
Activity: 213
August 28, 2013, 11:31:46 AM
Competition time!

We have a new challenge for you. We require a slogan for our controller board and we have 48 hours to make up our minds. You may remember we made a couple of minor mishaps with our Mars board. On our original Mars PCBs we printed: Bitcoins make the world go around! (Grammer is not our area of expertise, chip design is). So we have chosen to open this part of the design process to those following us on this forum. This is your chance to be immortalised in Bitcoin tech history. Please design the phrase you wish to see. There is still a space for one sentence on our boards. The 48 hours start now. Competition ends at 5.30pm (local time). We will decide the winning entrant which will then be seen on all our hardware; Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.

Thanks,

KnCMiner team.

• Not everything in Sweden has a speed limit.
  • Swedish speed limits are made to be broken.
  • KnCMiner - Because speed limits were made to be broken.
  • KnCMiner - One Source. Digital Singularity.
  • If you can read this message, you have already been infected.
  • These chips are but a canvas to our imagination.
  • Caution: Exposure to this card could result in added freedom.
  • KnC: Monetizing planet names since 2013.
  • Vi är så stolta över vår förstfödde. (I don't speak Swedish, so please forgive the grammatical errors.)

Activity: 196
August 28, 2013, 11:31:09 AM
Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

"There are several factors that influenced this price cut. The network hash rate has continued to increase exponentially as companies bring their ASIC Mining power online. The difficulty has increased from 37 million when these were first announced to over 66 million currently, reducing customer’s return by 78% without even factoring future difficulty increases."

LOL I would not buy a KNC for Oct even if KNC cut their price by 65%.. Not worth it and will not make but $300 to $900 ROI over the next year after the Break Even..  If that much..

You guys have still not figured out that you are mining for the ASIC compines and paying them what you mine for the price of you ASIC..  

Mind Blown..

I still haven't figured out what the hell that means...or more importantly why it's here? We don't care that you doubt KnC and you already told us several times that you weren't buying one so what is your point? We should all cancel because you think so?
Or perhaps you intended a positive post and forgot to include the details of the company offering rigs that will make us rich for years to come guaranteed?

I have nothing against any ASIC company other than maybe BFL..  Just trying to educate the Dumb..

Oh and they better not come to Texas as I guarantee we Hunt even BIGGER Trolls here boy.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 28, 2013, 11:28:42 AM
Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

Mind Blown..

August 28, 2013, 11:16:10 AM
Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

Mind Blown..
Activity: 143
August 28, 2013, 11:07:14 AM
Hey I just want to share some replies from KnCMiner regarding their pool, for those considering what pool to use,

I have a couple questions regarding the mining pool you plan to offer and the options to configure different mining pools for the hosted machine,

a) When do you plan to release specifications for your mining pool? I'm most interested in knowing:

- What reward system do you plan to implement? (PPS, PPLNS, DGM, other?)
- Would you distribute transaction fees?
- Would you allow merged mining of Namecoins?
- What person or company will manage the mining pool?

b) Regarding the use of other pools with the hosted jupiter:

- Would you allow specifying a backup pool in case the main pool goes down?

Hello Felipe,

At the moment the KnC pool will be PPS.

You will be able to set a threshold in your account as to when you would like your bitcoins to be transferred to your wallet. For example, you can set the threshold at 0.5 BTC, so that every time you have mined 0.5 BTC this will be transferred automatically to your wallet. The 1.5% pool fee will be deducted prior to each transfer.

At the moment we will not allow merged mining, but this is something we are looking into.

KnCMiner will be managing the pool.

There will be an option to select a backup pool.

Transaction fees earned within the pool will be put back into the pool for the participants.
Regards,
Liam

Also, just to have some feedback from you guys, what pools are you planning to use with your KnCMiners and why?

Thanks!

Felipe
August 28, 2013, 11:05:05 AM
All,

Thanks for all of the entries. We have to agree we should have been more specific, and maybe slogan was the wrong choice of word. The phrase will be on the controller board on each device. It is not a slogan for the company but our current product range.  We would like the phrase to remain Bitcoin related, as Mars' 'Bitcoin makes the world go around' was a tribute to the song 'Money makes the world to round' by Liza Minneli' . Obviously with our chosen device names the space themes are equally suitable. Anything combining the two will also be considered but don't let that limit your imagination. Phrases that stand out as creative and make us smile will be considered. We would like to make the 'coining' of a phrase by our customers a theme amongst all our future products. Bad pun, we know, could not resist. Wink

Please note, we are honestly not at all interested in belittling our competitors with phrases on our boards, our engineering will speak for itself.

We always aim to under-promise and over deliver. This is and always will be a reoccurring theme as well, and agreed as a company slogan that sits well with us.

Competition ends in at 5.30pm local time (CET) tomorrow. We are aware of the other thread and will consider entries from both.  Good luck everyone, 'stellar' efforts so far.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.

Sorry the inner child couldn't resist since we where on the planetary theme -

"Uranus is next..."

LMAO! I hope they pick this one.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 28, 2013, 10:46:20 AM
This thread is now sucking.  Where's the power supply and command line thread?
Are you trying to piss people off, or what?
What really sucks is that comment.
Go create your PSU & CMD line thread, and see how relevant it is right now...  It will be 3 weeks before we even need a thread like that, if at all... because you should already know how to use CGminer, which is probably the thread you need to visit in order to know how to use the "command line", which I'm not sure is even the correct term to use considering we will actually be using a web-gui, like we were told.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
August 28, 2013, 10:29:56 AM
This thread is now sucking.  Where's the power supply and command line thread?
legendary
Activity: 1792
August 28, 2013, 10:20:01 AM
My two slogan suggestions incase the other thread doesn't count:

"All your bitcoin are belong to us"

"Bitcoin : Decentralized Money"
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
August 28, 2013, 10:06:29 AM
To 21 Million...AND BEYOND!

legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 28, 2013, 10:02:52 AM
I assume now that KNC has some working capital banked away, I hope they will just show up one day and say they are ready to ship Gen 2.

I hope that the 1-500 Costumers get a "place" there befor all others!!

That was one of those "skimmers" that started the wrong number... it was 890 preoders the first week, not 500.. Smiley

Someone had written 500, and half the room assumed it was true, it's carried out now for three months, so just straightening that out.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 28, 2013, 09:49:45 AM
hmm considering to ask for refund and buy new priced blades.)

Yes, refund your ~$17/GH and spend ~$40/GH with minimum of 4x the power consumption

1GH today > 2GH a month from now.  See difficulty.  
Assuming KNC ships on spec & as promised -- a first in the ASIC arena.
But hey, you might get lucky.

YES! this is exactly want I want to say and explain to Bargraphics - thanks for this input.)
Activity: 210
August 28, 2013, 09:44:10 AM

Yes, refund your ~$17/GH and spend ~$40/GH with minimum of 4x the power consumption

1GH today > 2GH a month from now.  See difficulty.  
Assuming KNC ships on spec & as promised -- a first in the ASIC arena.
But hey, you might get lucky.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 28, 2013, 09:22:35 AM

ok stupid, special calculation just for you:

8624$ (jupiter, VAT, shipping) / 400 = ~21.56$/GH

530$ (blade, shipping) / 12.5 = ~40.56$/GH

40.56/21.56 = 1.8

and 1.8 is not same as 4. maybe in you small world.

power consumption is argument only for somebody, honestly not for me. but the biggest difference is availability. blade is tested and good known piece of HW with fast delivery. Jupiter is green PCB, few fans and Alu case. feel the difference?

I know, that you still advocate like retard everything about KNC (because you invest thousands of dollars to 11 jupiters), but please, time to time read posts of others and stop behave like kid.

Activity: 210
August 28, 2013, 09:11:05 AM
WRONG THREAD.

Asicminer pricing is  not relevant to KNC?  
Get ur money back & Asicminer ships ur gear *today*, at a better $/GH?  
If that's not relevant, what is?
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
August 28, 2013, 09:09:33 AM
OK I'll but heres my answer "bit by bit"
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
August 28, 2013, 09:07:15 AM
"Do The Math.... KNCMiners"
Jump to: