Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1910. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago.

Good. Presumably you have working prototypes in your lab checking EMC compliance as well as working on SEMCO/CE approvals.
Activity: 462
Looks like Austin and Becky Craig are filming and gaining attention from Fox News Stateside...

http://fox13now.com/2013/07/28/provo-newlyweds-try-to-survive-using-digital-currency-only-for-90-days/

90 days of intense fasting and camping lol :-)
Activity: 294
"This device will require an ATX power supply" - https://www.kncminer.com/products/jupiter

Hopefully inside mountable. Details not announced yet.

thanks

by now they should show something more than a google sketch drawing..
Activity: 360
"This device will require an ATX power supply" - https://www.kncminer.com/products/jupiter

Hopefully inside mountable. Details not announced yet.
Activity: 294
how are the miners powered by?  

ATX psu outside/inside or by DC adapters (laptop type)?

not sure if i should invest in this when my Avalon hasnt paid for itself. (just bought)
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Debating about upgrading my October Mercury to a Saturn or Jupiter even. Thoughts?
I'm hesitant only because I went from 4 jallys to a Single with BFL and I'm currently kicking my ass in because of it. Overall, it was a waste of money to upgrade. I may even lose~ money at this rate because they're taking so long.

Unlike BFL's retarded designs, KnC's all use the same box, it's just a question of sticking more modules in 'em. They also don't even come with power supplies so there won't even be a question of putting the right PSU in.

Yes, dozens of upgrade orders that push Jupiter owners' delivery dates back.  Not grinning here.

Chill dude, Jupiters, Mercuries and Saturns are all the same - it's just a question of sticking 1, 2 or 4 boards in. Upgrades won't delay anything.

Yeah, it's just a question of allowing those who took the least amount of risk to double or quadruple their risk/reward late in the game (maybe as late as the day before delivery) while those of us who took the biggest risk stand by and lament.  Level playing fields are for sissies.
Activity: 360
If I am in queue for October delivery, do you think it will be still possible to upgrade my rigs after people will get their 1st miners in September?
Also are there any estimates on how loud will colling be? Would it be possible to sleep in the same room with Jupiter?
AFAIK upgrade is possible only til end of August.

Edit:

"This device is an UPGRADE module only. (We will remove this item from sale before the end of August)."
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
If I am in queue for October delivery, do you think it will be still possible to upgrade my rigs after people will get their 1st miners in September?
Also are there any estimates on how loud will colling be? Would it be possible to sleep in the same room with Jupiter?
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

We are still on schedule to begin shipping in September.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

I think I just heard dozens of upgrade orders go through.  

That was nice of them to post the info on the forum.  This thread isn't exactly short.  

Yes, dozens of upgrade orders that push Jupiter owners' delivery dates back.  Not grinning here.

Oh for crying out loud, it's not at all. Maybe a few Saturns. Hardly anyone has ordered more than one Saturn, as multiples make no sense if the option of Jupiter has always been there, which it has. Secondly, peeps pick Saturn and/or Mercury because it fits their pocket and that's all they can afford. Thirdly according to these guys, dozens aren't going to effect their productivity when it comes to manufacture as they are capable of scaling proportionally as required...

One month back I felt stupid to order two Saturns... better now  Cheesy
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Debating about upgrading my October Mercury to a Saturn or Jupiter even. Thoughts?
I'm hesitant only because I went from 4 jallys to a Single with BFL and I'm currently kicking my ass in because of it. Overall, it was a waste of money to upgrade. I may even lose~ money at this rate because they're taking so long.

Unlike BFL's retarded designs, KnC's all use the same box, it's just a question of sticking more modules in 'em. They also don't even come with power supplies so there won't even be a question of putting the right PSU in.

Chill dude, Jupiters, Mercuries and Saturns are all the same - it's just a question of sticking 1, 2 or 4 boards in. Upgrades won't delay anything.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

That was nice of them to post the info on the forum.  This thread isn't exactly short.  

Oh for crying out loud, it's not at all. Maybe a few Saturns. Hardly anyone has ordered more than one Saturn, as multiples make no sense if the option of Jupiter has always been there, which it has. Secondly, peeps pick Saturn and/or Mercury because it fits their pocket and that's all they can afford. Thirdly according to these guys, dozens aren't going to effect their productivity when it comes to manufacture as they are capable of scaling proportionally as required...
Activity: 111
Hi Guys

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

That was nice of them to post the info on the forum.  This thread isn't exactly short. 

Activity: 262
Good to hear that they have taped out. Presumably they have working prototypes in the lab and are ckecking EMC compliance, getting CE approval, etc.
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
Hi Guys

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

That was nice of them to post the info on the forum.  This thread isn't exactly short. 

Activity: 574
Hi Guys

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Awesome service.
Activity: 113
Hi Guys

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Those of Little Faith , now get back in your Boxes and shush.   Tongue
Activity: 280
Hi Guys

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Woot!!!

Activity: 532
Hi Guys

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Told you so! Kinda! Chill...Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Hi Guys

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

very well done guys Tongue
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
Hi Guys

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Excellent news, thanks for the update Smiley
Jump to: