Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2025. (Read 3049499 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Very OT. Not sure how this relates to KNC.

sorry then. I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread.

Just thought that the info I posted means  no further delay in avalon delivery then higher difficulty in the short-mid term for every miner and also for people who bought knc miners. I do agree by the way looking at my post know it seems quite a bit OT

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Does the below affect KnC? Do they use Avalon chips?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=230157.0;topicseen

little bit OT maybe but I just got this from "avalon asic" news letter:

Not quiet ready yet, but since we did promise an update over the weekend, here's a sneak peak of the exciting two weeks that will follow.

For those who did not see Yifu Guo's panel at the conference can check it out below
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc | http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD237oF7cCo

Let's get started.

First, there will be no power supply cable included in the box, you will have to acquire you own, it is an standard ATX power cable, get the socket for your country, we did this to save time allowing all the packaging of the Avalons to be uniform.

To summarize and recap the talk at the conference:

Scaling from few hundred units that we had a few month to prepare for into a few thousand units in less than a month have proven difficult, we must admit that we have bite off more than we can chew and suffering from "third-party dates", which are ever-changing. We are playing catch up and expect to soon see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Facts:

New SMT line is now fully operational as of this weekend.
New shipping channel secured and tested.
Sample chips has began shipping.
Majority of all the parts have arrived and ready,
which also means we finally will have time to go over tickets, and send out those trade-in payment emails.

What you can expect in the next newsletter should consist of the following:

photo tour of the new Avalon factory,
the operating crew, which have doubled in size, assembling.
piles and piles of packaged Avalons ready to ship.

Sit tight, it won't be long now.

Very OT. Not sure how this relates to KNC.
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Okay, Q submission is over I need to catch some Zzz's (and still pack!)

In any case, for what it's worth. Did KS private message me any of his burning criticisms or questions that he cares so much about resolving on behalf of everybody here??

Nope.

Not entirely unpredictable, still he was given an entire week of encouragement and chances.

If he really gave a damn he would have, everyone else that wanted to has.

Clearly his agenda is purely trolling...

Cute. Are you putting on a show for the latecomers? Do I have to go back and quote the myself and others (for reference) to show a list of the questions I *already* asked. Are we in 6th grade or sth?

Sure, I could ask *new* questions, but the fundamental ones haven't been answered (at all or decidedly not satisfactorily, even though they have been asked, more than once, indirectly AND directly) and since the train has left the station and they already have all the money they need, you're just beating a dead horse BTW.

So, good trip, and let us all know when you will actually have BOUGHT sth, not just talk about doing so.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

little bit OT maybe but I just got this from "avalon asic" news letter:

Not quiet ready yet, but since we did promise an update over the weekend, here's a sneak peak of the exciting two weeks that will follow.

For those who did not see Yifu Guo's panel at the conference can check it out below
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc | http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD237oF7cCo

Let's get started.

First, there will be no power supply cable included in the box, you will have to acquire you own, it is an standard ATX power cable, get the socket for your country, we did this to save time allowing all the packaging of the Avalons to be uniform.

To summarize and recap the talk at the conference:

Scaling from few hundred units that we had a few month to prepare for into a few thousand units in less than a month have proven difficult, we must admit that we have bite off more than we can chew and suffering from "third-party dates", which are ever-changing. We are playing catch up and expect to soon see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Facts:

New SMT line is now fully operational as of this weekend.
New shipping channel secured and tested.
Sample chips has began shipping.
Majority of all the parts have arrived and ready,
which also means we finally will have time to go over tickets, and send out those trade-in payment emails.

What you can expect in the next newsletter should consist of the following:

photo tour of the new Avalon factory,
the operating crew, which have doubled in size, assembling.
piles and piles of packaged Avalons ready to ship.

Sit tight, it won't be long now.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
i`m torn between an old pre-order number 1778 and a new one 682... which one to choose?

they match automaticly both numbers..i think you will get 1778 if everybody of the preorder customers pay until tomorrow monday 18:00 CET.
If not everybody pay it, your endnumber should be lower..

BTW orderID (1778, 682, whatever) does not matching position in queue..all will be cleared tomorrow, once non-paid preorder spots will be closed.
Activity: 407
i`m torn between an old pre-order number 1778 and a new one 682... which one to choose?

they match automaticly both numbers..i think you will get 1778 if everybody of the preorder customers pay until tomorrow monday 18:00 CET.
If not everybody pay it, your endnumber should be lower..
legendary
/dev/null

I asked for the same by mail and this is anwer:

It’s perfectly normal that you can’t see your preorders. But once you have placed a normal order we will match up the numbers and give you the correct place in the queue based on your preregistration. So please go ahead and make a new order and we will honor your preorder registration.
Activity: 714
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

No... Have you been to their website?

Kncminer and ORSoC are partnering up to bring the new miners to the world

We are happy to reveal our hardware partner as ORSoC
ORSoC is a Swedish owned and operated company which has a very long and extensive knowledge within the ASIC and FPGA design field. They also maintain the OpenCores community with over 180 000 members.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-9
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

nope, they will have got own chips.

Excellent news, thank you
legendary
/dev/null

nope, they will have got own chips.
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

legendary
/dev/null
ohh 1k posts.)) gl tomorrow and looking forward for your report.

In any case, for what it's worth. Did KS private message me any of his burning criticisms or questions that he cares so much about resolving on behalf of everybody here??

Nope.

Not entirely unpredictable, still he was given an entire week of encouragement and chances.

Good luck!

Fun fun

Thanks bud, I promise to add the answers asap, but i will prob stay the night in Stockholm. Wink
Activity: 245
I paid my pre-order two days ago with paypal,but status of my order is new(payed).i am not sure what does that means?

same at my payment at monday 3th.june, but Sam said to me, that this is ok
Thank you
Activity: 532

Nope.

Good luck!

Fun fun

Thanks bud, I promise to add the answers asap, but i will prob stay the night in Stockholm. Wink
Activity: 602

Nope.

Good luck!

Fun fun

Nope.

Activity: 407
I paid my pre-order two days ago with paypal,but status of my order is new(payed).i am not sure what does that means?

same at my payment at monday 3th.june, but Sam said to me, that this is ok
Activity: 245
Okay guys a head's up, these are the questions for tomorrow. You have about an hour to PM anything else you want asked before I try and put my head down so I may awake bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!

Note: I've slept like 7 hours these past two days due to some crazy physical work I've undertaken, so i'm making sure I get an early night!!

Here's what I have:
--

KnC Mon 10/06 Openday Bitcointalk Member Questions

ChipGeek

Note: These questions come from a guy (me) that has worked in (non bitcoin) ASIC design companies for over 25 years so my focus is from that perspective.

My questions are:

1) Is your ASIC design a hardcopy of the existing FPGA design or is it a semi-custom standard cell design?  (They've said "standard cell" before but other information makes it look like hardcopy.)

2) Have you done a (semi-) custom ASIC design of this complexity before?  Have you taken wafers through all of the post-fab production steps: wafer test, bumping, packaging, package test and binning?

3) Are you doing pre-package wafer test?

4) Are you doing post-packaging testing on a real production tester (Teradyne or similar)?

5) (This question only makes sense if they are NOT doing hardcopy.)  Is your package the same as the FPGA package or a custom one?  If custom, have you done custom packages before?

ElGabo

How many miners will you able to produce a day? Not exactly, their realistic perceived capacity + - 10%.

retro72

1) Did they design the Mars chips or buy them off the shelf?

2) They seemed to imply they were Altera chips. Did they design them for Altera?

3) If they did not design the chips, how is the Mars prototype relevant to the asic designs?

4) Did they design and fab the PCB?

5) Is the software they developed for the Mars, directly applicable to the asics?

6) What problems did they actually run into with the Mars?

7) Have these been solved?

8)Do they translate/ have any bearing on the asic design?

9) Did they learn anything significant from these issues?

10) They seem to be significantly cheaper than all the other options out there. Why is this?

11) Will their prices be fixed, or will they follow the trends in the BTC price/ROI?

12) Will the prices be raised after this initial pre-order period or are these the final RRP?

wowc8

1) I would love to know if they have a date set for when we can see one of their ASIC units hashing like the video they posted about Mars.

2) If their plan for shipping Jupiters is indeed the end of September, then they should have a working product soon, I would hope, for all of us to see.  There was some mention about them not needing to prototype these units, but I would think that they should at least have an idea when the first one will be fully manufactured and ready to present.

idee2013

Paypal clarity

Not sure who asked the following:

I'd ask the attendees on Monday to start to get some questions tied to dates on the calendar.  Such as: When will chips be ordered to meet September deadline?  How long will is the queue from the manufacturer once the chips are order (ie: 8-10 weeks?)  If 8-10 week lead time needed to get in queue from manufacturer what date will KNC be placing order?  Etc...

It would benefit us as pre-order "investors" to have dates of the process on the calendar so we can hold the company to their word.  This sets up check points we can all look to along the next 3 months.  Otherwise we're at the mercy of News updates and a lot of times those come in reaction to criticism (lack of updates) from the community versus anything else.

We need to be proactive versus reactive in this pre-order process.  We're trusting our coins
Jump to: