Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2026. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
the first payment was completed in 1 - 2 minutes , so i thought it is automatic

Well if it isn't, and it is manual, it is also a Sunday and they have another big day tomo.

I'm waiting on a response as well. So may well be a deserved r&r day...

will you share, as the top contributor about KNC topics, Q/A from tomorrow openday?.)

Yup, of course. I'm almost finished compiling the questions now. Stupidly I've decided to trawl through the old posts in the thread a bit as well. Lost one member's name that gave some good q's...what to give credit, where credit's due!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null

Well if it isn't, and it is manual, it is also a Sunday and they have another big day tomo.

will you share, as the top contributor about KNC topics, Q/A from tomorrow openday?.)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Activity: 602
1280 Minutes ....

Its updated manually..
legendary
1280 Minutes ....
legendary
/dev/null
just paid my 2. order yesterday via Bitpay, Status says New (not paid) -.-
anyone have the same problem?

no worries, it will take couple of minutes (~15) for change status to paid.
legendary
just paid my 2. order yesterday via Bitpay, Status says New (not paid) -.-
anyone have the same problem?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Please remind me what is the advantage of being in the 1-500 pre-order group? Did KNC not say that these units will be built in one go, i.e, not in batches?

yes, there are no batches for KNC.) only advantage is, that you will get lower number in queue..

The pragmatic approach is to wait to see if they start shipping. After all, KnC are promising a production line. The risk, of course, is that one "misses the boat". However, besides the obvious advantage that one does not risk one's hard earned [insert currency symbol here], there's another benefit too; if all these companies do actually manage to deliver ASICS in the autumn, then mining difficulty is going to rise exponentially. So by waiting, one will be able to more easily judge whether the ROI is worthwhile....

.....just saying Smiley
Activity: 407
Merit: 250
Please remind me what is the advantage of being in the 1-500 pre-order group? Did KNC not say that these units will be built in one go, i.e, not in batches?

yes, there are no batches for KNC.) only advantage is, that you will get lower number in queue..

And hopefully faster shipping  Wink.

+1

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2418833
legendary
/dev/null
And hopefully faster shipping  Wink.

uhh, I paid 120$ for ship package from Sweden to Czech Republic. So hopefully, there will be no shipping issue/delay at all.)

otherwise, September promise seems little bit aggressive to me. I expect first units at October..
Activity: 107

And hopefully faster shipping  Wink.
legendary
/dev/null

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

I said "ATM". You're on the fence and waiting until Monday, while selling your pre-orders. So you not only have no skin in this (say, "yet") but you're looking to profit from it already.

Look as Glowkeeper, the second forum member asking for the thread to not be derailed said, take this off thread if you insist in persistently criticising and arguing.

How do I not have skin in this? How am I trying to profit?? I just spent £250 one way on a flight. the only flight left available to the least closest choice of airport in Stockholm, Skavsta, which is apparently a 2 hour ball-ache to get to ORSoC HQ from. I also have to make Stanstead for 4.30 am without any public transport operating at that time. I have yet to book the return. I haven't paid for connecting transport or a hotel. This is coming out of my pocket, I'm not trying to profit, but trying to recoup my own monies I'm spending. Why would you begrudge me that?! I'm sharing what I find out tomo with the forum, where's the problem in me selling a pre order space for one unit I def don't want, and another additional of the other product I may not want to push me into debt for?? You can see this clearly, I know you can, as it was detailed in my previous reply. You're just trying to twist and manipulate the best you can.

I'm asking the questions people sent me just like Daggeteo did. Unlike Daggeteo I'm not a Stockholm local, and unlike you KS i'm actually helpful, motivated and sincere. Incidentally STILL NO questions PM'd from you KS. All these questions and accusations you keep littering the threads with. You could have them answered. You could spend all this effort you're exerting trying your hardest to defame me with by giving me some decent concerns to air on your behalf. I'm prepared to do this, even though my bodyclock will be screwed from working throughout Fri and Sat nights. I'm not a dick. I've said numerous time I will ask what you want me to and get you the answer.  All you have to do is type it in a PM. I've offered you this relentlessly this past week. Calling you on your BS as it were. You're leaving it a bit late though. Always stated this eve UK time is my deadline for Q's to be printed off. Still it's never been you intention to help has it, you just want to troll, right?

Choice is there, either you will, or you won't...
Activity: 407
When does the 7 day payment window close Monday? Was it at 1600 CET ?

Thanks

Hi,

They must be paid before 18:00 CET on Monday. You can still sell them but we must have payment within the window.
It is possible to match up orders already made. For example if someone has already made and paid for an order they can still be matched to your pre-order.

Thanks
Emilia
Source

thanks!

:-)
legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 1000
Etherscan.io

Thanks

Hi,

They must be paid before 18:00 CET on Monday. You can still sell them but we must have payment within the window.
It is possible to match up orders already made. For example if someone has already made and paid for an order they can still be matched to your pre-order.

Thanks
Emilia
Source

thanks!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks
Emilia
Source
KS
Activity: 448
cui bono ?
the people bitching about knc hate those hashing monsters because they invested in avalon chips or else. if they keep people from buying from knc it pays out. i was about to order big time avalon chips when i stumbled across knc. i decided - in the last moment - to switch. what would my feelings be if i had ordered a few days earlier ? would i hate them... or me?   (on the other hand: i should actually not defend knc. the less they sell, the better for me, since i already did order  )

it is incredible though how soft the community is about avalon and how hatefull some are towards knc. i am invested in avalon batch III and i ordered 500 avalon chips and i regret batch III

in a way the competiteveness of the asic miner producers stains through to us - the customers. keep that in mind while enjoying this show.
(i posted this in the kncminer open day first)

And Bitfury finally announced his ASICs. 2x better hashrate than BFL AND releasing specs for DIY. (waiting on pricing...)

Just waiting on someone to actually deliver sth. Avalon was the best bet, now the game is on for an August release by multiple parties.

Good times.

Bit Fury's actually offering test chips for dev's and those with test facilities, as for reasons I forget now, he is unable to test certain aspects himself. It is a pretty strong sign he is serious though...

Bitfury has several drawbacks:
Only sold in Russia.
Who is going to Russia to claim something.
In its favor:
Metabank.ru part of the project, the web is more important to change Russian bitcoins.

There are many weak links in the Bitfury distribution chain for interested parties outside of Russia.  Don't blame him directly for not wanting to deal with the hassle of customs and customer complaints, but he is offering test chips for devs/DIY hackers outside of Russia, which goes a long way to confirming his intent.

BTW *may have a Jupiter 1-500 guaranteed pre-order (#250), and def have a Saturn guaranteed pre-order (#33) available. If anyone is interested PM me by tomorrow night. It can go towards travel expense/poss hotel of I chose to spend a night in Stockholm. If not come Monday eve it can just mean everyone else gets to shift a spot forward in each item...don't have a price in mind, just best bid by the time I make a final private message check wins, make sure you can pay KnC for Monday though.

you don´t buy knc ?

I shall buy KnC, almost for sure dependant on how I feel come Monday. I've always said that. Why on earth would I travel all the way there otherwise?!!

Just I was as enthusiastic with my pre-order selection and as I've also said, I'm not getting myself into debt over this. I can afford 1, maybe 2 Jupiters, but not interested in the Saturn for sure.  There are many unknowns though.

When at university and performing experimental design you have to acknowledge internal and external validity.

Internal validity refers to the factors you have some control over. So in this case; choosing the company I have most confidence in, what lengths can be accomplished in validating who is behind this and what their capabilities, experience is, payment choice, likely weak links in the chain I can foresee with a certain confidence that KnC has control over.

External validity refers to the actors outside of our control, what the known competition is doing and by when they will actually achieve it, what the unknown competition is doing and when it will happen, third party supplier hiccups, force majeure, etc.

Weighing up the pros and cons and the fact I'd rather spend money on meeting them then buying a second Jupiter having not met them and feeling comfortable about that kind of money. I'd rather have some cash fund free as a float. I may even need it as an emergency, and that is more important than going all out throwing all my money at this and getting into debt. 5 years of Student debt's enough thanks!!

A couple of months back I had some more funds available, but I'm owed money by a former employer still so I'm not about to have delusions of grandeur and bet everything as some people have claimed to do. That's dumb. I'm not risking more than I can afford to, and I want to be comfortable about it!

Also visiting Stockholm for just 12 hours seems a bit of a waste, wouldn't mind a day there...

So you aren't buying any ATM. Talking about hypocrite...

What the hell are you on about? Where did I say that?? I said i'm not getting into debt buying multiple items.

I said "ATM". You're on the fence and waiting until Monday, while selling your pre-orders. So you not only have no skin in this (say, "yet") but you're looking to profit from it already.
Activity: 84

So you aren't buying any ATM. Talking about hypocrite...

What the hell are you on about? Where did I say that?? I said i'm not getting into debt buying multiple items.

You guys are becoming the Luke-Jr and Kano of the ASIC arms race. Their spat got tiresome long ago. Yours is becoming so. Please stop.....
Jump to: