Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2038. (Read 3049499 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

I'm very sure they've collected over a million dollars in the past few days. I'd venture to say that they are more than "Barely" Functioning.

Agreed. I'd estimate that they've received several million dollars:

- over 1000 orders
- assume at least 500 are paid

Even with just single Saturn orders, this comes out to $1.9m. With Jupiter or multiple orders, it could be 2-5x that much. They've got plenty of incentive to not screw up and risk cancellations (or at least CC disputes).

B.F.L.

A few good things about KNCMiner:
KNCMiner seems to have a way better relationship with the community than BFL has.
They are partnered with an actual ASIC design firm with real talent.
They developed a prototype (based on FPGAs) without taking customer money. They are developing the ASIC chip(s) in parallel (according to KNC) without taking customer money.

I am skeptical, but I am also hopeful and optimistic.
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm very sure they've collected over a million dollars in the past few days. I'd venture to say that they are more than "Barely" Functioning.

- over 1000 orders

Even with just single Saturn orders, this comes out to $1.9m. With Jupiter or multiple orders, it could be 2-5x that much. They've got plenty of incentive to not screw up and risk cancellations (or at least CC disputes).

B.F.L.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

- over 1000 orders

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
Can't believe it took 100 pages!:

KnC and ORSoC will be sitting down after dinner hoping to see a discussion about today's open day events, but instead...Grin

That is one sexy pole! I knew that KnC wasn't a scam from the get-go, but somebody had to play Devil's advocate.
I can say that you were mentioned and the KnCMiner guys recognized that you serve a useful purpose and that your service is needed in this community and they wanted to thank you for it.
Without you, we would be like a flock of sheep without a Sheppard xD
In all seriousness they recognized that what you do is healthy and needed. They didn't seem to have taken it personally.
//DeaDTerra

i can confirm this.

i think the language was an issue, though
KS
(...) Like are you actually considering this?

Like, a/who gives a rat's ass and b/ whatever difference would THAT make (one way or another)?

The business side is a major clusterfuck so far. They aren't exactly demonstrating "best in class" practices now are they? I would even settle for "passable", but they're barely functioning.

Now, thanks to all the money that's being thrown at them, do you really think they will make an effort and get better?

It matters quite a bit, as you've bought Avalon Asics in a group buy, and were active recently on a thread where you're interested on sending your chips to a random guy you've never, seen, met or know anything about in Bulgaria to have boards made and assembled...which doesn't appear very safe.

Because that's totally relevant as to whether KNCMINER is able to function as a business?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
The OrSec part made me take my choice. Best "factor" i have seen for a while.
Activity: 532

Like, a/who gives a rat's ass and b/ whatever difference would THAT make (one way or another)?

The business side is a major clusterfuck so far. They aren't exactly demonstrating "best in class" practices now are they? I would even settle for "passable", but they're barely functioning.

Now, thanks to all the money that's being thrown at them, do you really think they will make an effort and get better?

It matters quite a bit, as you've bought Avalon Asics in a group buy, and were active recently on a thread where you're interested on sending your chips to a random guy you've never, seen, met or know anything about in Bulgaria to have boards made and assembled...which doesn't appear very safe.
KS

Activity: 462
at somepoint the pied piper music of BFL will stop and those minirig wishers will either grab thier $30k and run to kncminer or have a nervous breakdown once saturns and jupiters ship
You guys are partying like this is a done deal. WTF?

They've been a mess from the get go, still are. Can't even get a T&C written properly (don't even pretend that THAT was written by a lawyer). Website is a mess, order book is a mess, whatnot.

An effing circus and everyone is patting their backs. With that kind of idiotic attitude, do you guys really think there will EVER be a serious contender NOT using the idiots with too much money that abound here to fund their kickstarters?

Go on, let's all encourage that kind of business practice. So healthy.

What.ever.

(facepalm)

Look we're just playing until the questions asked are typed up and shared tomorrow, what's the problem with that?

Daggeteo said he asked almost everything and seems confident.

Those that went liked what they saw, and this thread tipped 100 pages.

You still haven't answered some questions I asked you the other day? Like are you actually considering this?
KS
You guys are partying like this is a done deal. WTF?

They've been a mess from the get go, still are. Can't even get a T&C written properly (don't even pretend that THAT was written by a lawyer). Website is a mess, order book is a mess, whatnot.

An effing circus and everyone is patting their backs. With that kind of idiotic attitude, do you guys really think there will EVER be a serious contender NOT using the idiots with too much money that abound here to fund their kickstarters?

Go on, let's all encourage that kind of business practice. So healthy.

What.ever.

(facepalm)
Activity: 462
Stop bumping the pic... i get distracted!

They could have saved themselves so much grief proving themselves, if only they just launched their idea with a pic. of a cute Swedish girl...ahh hindsight! Grin

was just about to say the same....  they all go into the yellow building.. come out hours later smiling and saying great things of kncminer but not sure why..
If see more distracting pictures, i will start posting the american challenge pics i have used in certain low end threads Smiley

They could have saved themselves so much grief proving themselves, if only they just launched their idea with a pic. of a cute Swedish girl...ahh hindsight! Grin

KnC and ORSoC will be sitting down after dinner hoping to see a discussion about today's open day events, but instead...Grin

That is one sexy pole! I knew that KnC wasn't a scam from the get-go, but somebody had to play Devil's advocate.
I can say that you were mentioned and the KnCMiner guys recognized that you serve a useful purpose and that your service is needed in this community and they wanted to thank you for it.
In all seriousness they recognized that what you do is healthy and needed. They didn't seem to have taken it personally.
//DeaDTerra

Lol, I just realised I thought you meant me!!

What an idiot (me)!! Sorry!

Phin take a bow, stage is yours haha!!

I'm outta ammo!

I concede!

I'm glad to be a part of the naysayers to put as much pressure on the KnC team, only to have them rise above the challenge, showing them to be a class act.

Now get your fuckin' asses busy and produce product by September, and hopefully not that much later, for I'll give you October.

Peace, guys.

~Bruno K~

PS: Why is their building yellow?  Grin Grin Grin

I respect that Bruno,

A pleasure...don't let them slip! Wink

P.s. Easier to see...it's pitch black 6 months of the year there! Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

//DeaDTerra

I'm outta ammo!

I concede!

I'm glad to be a part of the naysayers to put as much pressure on the KnC team, only to have them rise above the challenge, showing them to be a class act.

Now get your fuckin' asses busy and produce product by September, and hopefully not that much later, for I'll give you October.

Peace, guys.

~Bruno K~

PS: Why is their building yellow?  Grin Grin Grin

//DeaDTerra

donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

You guys are sounding like you have their ASICs already. Did I miss something?

No, some lads attended the open day and came back reassured.

Still a risk in designing a 28nm ASIC, but apparently design work has already been completed somewhat.

Confidence has increased, but start-up risks apply...

Just great to see the parties involved exceeded expectations.
Please note that the design has been done does not mean that the final product will work xD
Things can still go to hell.
//DeaDTerra

You guys are sounding like you have their ASICs already. Did I miss something?

No, some lads attended the open day and came back reassured.

Still a risk in designing a 28nm ASIC, but apparently design work has already been completed somewhat.

Confidence has increased, but start-up risks apply...

Just great to see the parties involved exceeded expectations.
Jump to: