Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2083. (Read 3049499 times)

KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Here come the new accounts...
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
My thoughts on kncminer:

There are a few green flags and no red. Their corp site looks like poop. Don't mind them focusing on the hardware over implementing Twitter bootstrap. Excited.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I'm under the impression that their public agreement with Orsoc is  sufficient proof that this is legit.  The GHash/s is comparable with Avalon (approx 50MHash/s/$) and I'm planning on purchasing.

Does anyone have any legitimate concerns that should dissuade me from purchasing?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Easy solution to all this risk assessment. Why not ask KNC to list payment through Bitpay?
KS
Think of it , would the viewing of the FPGA miner worth your time and expenses, but for those in Stockholm may be,
 if you don't get to see a working asic chip?

That would be a start. In the absence of ASIC miners, their FPGA is priced interestingly. BUT it might also be a honey trap to attract investors' money for their non-existing ASIC....

The company is too "light" for my taste.
Activity: 406
Think of it , would the viewing of the FPGA miner worth your time and expenses, but for those in Stockholm may be,
 if you don't get to see a working asic chip?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
http://www.ratsit.se/5568805823-Kennemar_%26_Cole_AB

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Chairman     Kennemar Bengt Michael Andrew, aged 37
Board           Kennemar Bengt Michael Andrew, aged 37
Board           Cole, Samuel James, 33
Deputy           Kennemar Maria Camilla, aged 36
Deputy           Cole, Ida Anna Emilia, 30 years

THE ONGOING ADMINISTRATION

Vice President     Cole, Samuel James, 33
CEO   Kennemar        Bengt Michael Andrew, aged 37

These two guys would have to be pretty close to have their wives(?) as deputies. Yet on all the social media outlets I've viewed, they've only recently started following one another, sans conversations.

I've already shown via the lack of a Google cache there were no Google+ accounts of them prior to this KNC entity, but once moving forward, two accounts were created that until recently they only followed each other with no others in the mix.

The last activity ORSoC had prior to this Bitcoin endeavor was in August of last year. I'm sure that anybody coming along wanting them to help build some mundane part for the exchange of juice, they would have obliged provided, of course, they're not the ones really behind the project, for they have bitcoiners in house.

As it appears now, done of all this makes any sense. Reread their last newsletter and tell me how it wasn't contrived via reading this forum, ticking all the right buttons, one of which being the term "blade(s)".
KS
That doc is not very interesting, all in Swedish. The interesting bits are in the Certificate of registration.

The certificate shows inter alia business name, registration number, date of registration, address of the enterprise, officials and the signatory power.

The articles of association contain information regarding inter alia the business name, the registered office, the share capital, financial year and possible important exemption clauses.

Yes, point 1 - 8 and 10, 11 are that. Point 9 is the meat of the General Assembly and is totally mundane (read useless) unless I missed sth.

No actual accounting numbers, no exceptions to tax rules I could see.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
That doc is not very interesting, all in Swedish. The interesting bits are in the Certificate of registration.

The certificate shows inter alia business name, registration number, date of registration, address of the enterprise, officials and the signatory power.

The articles of association contain information regarding inter alia the business name, the registered office, the share capital, financial year and possible important exemption clauses.
KS
Look, any business you start that has a chance of actually making is needs seed capital and/or customers. 5000 EUR is failure capital. No customers is just failure.

You have no money, you don't pay engineers, you don't have a product.

Show me the money and I'll revise my assumption of FAIL.

What do you mean by 5000EUR is failure capital?

How do you run a business for more than a year with, allegedly a full (yet small) team, have no business that's been declared since late 2011 and only 5000 EUR in capital.

Answer: you don't.

How do they live, how will they pay ORSoc for the "alleged" work?

It looks either scammy or like another failure waiting to happen.

Don't take me wrong, I wish them all the best if they're legit, but if they are, they're more setup for failure than success.

I didn't know this. I didn't know that their sperate business had not filed anything. I assumed you meant 5,000EUR as the price for the miner and not capital within that other entity.

I presume you speak Swedish to be able to determine this? Could you drop them an email and query?

No need to speak Swedish, it's public record and available immediately in English, direct from the State.

http://www.bolagsverket.se/en/us/about/e-services/foretagsfakta (NB: official documents are not free)

Their company ID is 556880-5823. No annual report submitted to the Swedish Companies Registration Office as of May 9, 2013.

Excerpt from the Certificate of Registration pdf:
(...)
"No annual reports have been submitted to the Swedish Companies
Registration Office
SECONDARY NAMES
Kncminer
DATE OF REGISTRATION OF CURRENT AND PREVIOUS COMPANY NAMES
2012-01-13 Kennemar & Cole AB
**** The above information is an extract from the Trade and Industry
Register Bolagsverket, the Swedish Companies Registration Office ****
Bolagsverket
851 81 Sundsvall
060 18 40 00
[email protected]
www.bolagsverket.se"

The company was created 2011-12-13 and registered 2012-01-13.

What you want from the site costs 50 Swedish Krona; the articles of association

https://foretagsfakta.bolagsverket.se/fpl-dft-ext-web/produktInformation.seam?cid=129985
KS
Look, any business you start that has a chance of actually making is needs seed capital and/or customers. 5000 EUR is failure capital. No customers is just failure.

How do you run a business for more than a year with, allegedly a full (yet small) team, have no business that's been declared since late 2011 and only 5000 EUR in capital.

Don't take me wrong, I wish them all the best if they're legit, but if they are, they're more setup for failure than success.

I didn't know this. I didn't know that their sperate business had not filed anything. I assumed you meant 5,000EUR as the price for the miner and not capital within that other entity.

I presume you speak Swedish to be able to determine this? Could you drop them an email and query?

No need to speak Swedish, it's public record and available immediately in English, direct from the State.

http://www.bolagsverket.se/en/us/about/e-services/foretagsfakta (NB: official documents are not free)

Their company ID is 556880-5823. No annual report submitted to the Swedish Companies Registration Office as of May 9, 2013.

Excerpt from the Certificate of Registration pdf:
(...)
"No annual reports have been submitted to the Swedish Companies
Registration Office
SECONDARY NAMES
Kncminer
DATE OF REGISTRATION OF CURRENT AND PREVIOUS COMPANY NAMES
2012-01-13 Kennemar & Cole AB
**** The above information is an extract from the Trade and Industry
Register Bolagsverket, the Swedish Companies Registration Office ****
Bolagsverket
851 81 Sundsvall
060 18 40 00
[email protected]
www.bolagsverket.se"

The company was created 2011-12-13 and registered 2012-01-13.
Activity: 546
Not yet, but they have offered to hold an open day.  That will give us a chance to understand how they got to where they are.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Has someone gone to their offices and found out who is behind the company?

I didn't know this. I didn't know that their sperate business had not filed anything. I assumed you meant 5,000EUR as the price for a miner which confused me. I didn't see the link with capital contained within that other entity.

KS

You want to limit your risk? Buy a product that's shipping. (that's to you and everybody else)

There is always an element of risk, especially when your working with the bleeding edge of a new industry. That's why we are going to visit KNC to see what it's all about. To see if the risk is worth it.

And even then, it's a risk:

Goods manufactured.
Bitcoins received.
Packaged, and waiting for DHL to collect.

Factory burns down. Insurance company wont pay because customers paid in Bitcoins.

Shit happens.

Eh? I'm paying by Credit Card via Paypal and then paying the card off immediately. I want buyer protection.

let get back to the topic.    

Can we have a list of volunteers that will go visit this company in person and see if they are real ?

Who is planning to go

So far it's Flappysocks, Glowkeeper, Chipd and myself (Bitcoinorama).

Anyone else? Does this include you M3whiteknight??

I'm assuming this will be during the week at somepoint; this works out well for me, plus cheaper flights Wink

When is this trip supposed to take place?  sorry if i missed the date...  May?  June? later?

Not been mentioned yet. Not sure if it's alltogether or whenever convenient for each person. I imagine it's entirely unpractical for everybody to agree on a mutually agreeable date and be able to stick to it. Work commitments, etc.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
let get back to the topic.    

Can we have a list of volunteers that will go visit this company in person and see if they are real ?

Who is planning to go

So far it's Flappysocks, Glowkeeper, Chipd and myself (Bitcoinorama).

Anyone else? Does this include you M3whiteknight??

I'm assuming this will be during the week at somepoint; this works out well for me, plus cheaper flights Wink

When is this trip supposed to take place?  sorry if i missed the date...  May?  June? later?

You want to limit your risk? Buy a product that's shipping. (that's to you and everybody else)

There is always an element of risk, especially when your working with the bleeding edge of a new industry. That's why we are going to visit KNC to see what it's all about. To see if the risk is worth it.

Goods manufactured.
Bitcoins received.

Factory burns down. Insurance company wont pay because customers paid in Bitcoins.

Shit happens.

Eh? I'm paying by Credit Card via Paypal and then paying the card off immediately. I want buyer protection.

KS

Goods manufactured.
Bitcoins received.

Shit happens.

Jump to: