Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2111. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'll tell you what! If it comes to light that ORSoC is truly behind this project, but opted for starting some other entity, namely, KNCMiner, to further development via distancing themselves, then that would not bode well, for it would have been best for ORSoC to come forward and declare their intent at the onset, unless I'm missing something as to why they can't do that.

Why don't you just look at the LinkedIn profiles of who's working at ORSoC and for the people behind KNCMiner, before posting nonsense like this?
Do you seriously believe that a company of that size would risk everything, just to earn some extra pennies on a few thousands bitcoin rigs?

It's all just wild speculations without any plausible or reasonable thought behind it.

Let's see, 3000x 500 = 1,500,000
1500x 500 = 750,000
150000+750000= 2,250,000

Even if the sellers took half of net, that is a lot of fucking money they'd get in the space of a month. Once you have their money, you can just say (rightly) that you have set unrealistic targets and ship your first 1000 over the course of a year or however long it takes, BFL have proven you don't have to meet your targets to survive here because there will always be enough noobs with Stockholm syndrome holding out for that pot o'gold at the end of the mining rainbow. It's called the gambler's fallacy.

Majority of people will pay with paypal and ask for refunds before 45 days. So i dont think a company making 1.5M a year is going to risk their company and jail time for 200-400k.

And there's nothing wrong if they know eachother, a company doesn't have to advertise that we are friends. How do you think business partnerships and deals happen all the time through friends. Like all the google ex employees starting companies and partnering with google or selling back to them. Again theres absolutely no reason to make public their private or business relationships with one another.

Trololol. Phinnaeus Gage has already shown that the orsoc guys and whoever runs this sockpuppet have known each other long before this "business" was set up in a room above a restaurant, not far from the orsoc office.

The type of people who would throw their money at a stupid venture like this are already balls deep in BFL, and a little wiser for their experience, whilst the ones who want to gamble on miners can see where the difficulty is going and will find the new asics that actually work and have semi-reliable shipping dates are a huge financial risk as it is. This project is going to die, you were stupid to even try, now go get a real job.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I'll tell you what! If it comes to light that ORSoC is truly behind this project, but opted for starting some other entity, namely, KNCMiner, to further development via distancing themselves, then that would not bode well, for it would have been best for ORSoC to come forward and declare their intent at the onset, unless I'm missing something as to why they can't do that.

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.229007/oppen-kallkod-for-kretsar-blir-nasta-linux (translated to English, then I broke up the large paragraph)

The hårdvarukod which is used to determine how a circuit works is becoming increasingly complex. This has led to a desire for open source even in this area, according to Marcus Erlandsson, one of the men behind the open source site OpenCores. - It has no longer afford to self-invent the wheel time and again. It all works just like Linux. Those who outsource their code gets help from all over the world with verification and verifying may use the code. It's a win-win situation, he says. Marcus Erlandsson is technical manager at Swedish ORSoC, a consulting firm that develops electronics. After a year and a half, the company owns OpenCores. - We have been working towards this site since it started in 1999. When the founders wanted to hand over to a company that had the right mindset, that is open source, we had the honor to buy the site of them.

How do you earn money with it?

- We have two hats. First, we use projects on the Open Core and picks code from them, and we run the Open Core for it to become the hardware equivalent of Linux. We have also opened OpenCores too little advertising, but it is marginal. Marcus Erlandsson believes that the fair value of the site for ORSoC located in the pr company gets. - Everyone in this area knows that we own the site and are experts in this technology . We are contacted by the world's largest companies, and that's pretty special for a small Swedish company.

Companies do it all the time. Like kfc taco bell ect all owned by yum brands. Maybe if they fail their brand won't be tarnished, but failing doesnt mean scam, such as Basic refunding people. All and all this is wild speculation, someone can contsct OR and ask if they have any ownership stake or how the partnership came to be.

Until then i would just wait for more info

I guess companies change their contact information all the time, too.

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=opencores.org

Answer records
opencores.org      NS    dns2.se   600s
opencores.org      MX   
preference:   0
exchange:   mail.opencores.org
600s
opencores.org      A   92.43.36.68   600s
opencores.org      SOA   
server:   dns1.se
email:   [email protected]
serial:   1364907033
refresh:   10800
retry:   3600
expire:   604800
minimum ttl:   600
600s
opencores.org      NS    dns1.se   600s

From March 28, 2013: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:q7rCnJI1E_QJ:network-tools.com/default.asp%3Fprog%3Dexpress%26host%3Dopencores.org+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Answer records
opencores.org      SOA   
server:   dns1.se
email:   [email protected]
serial:   2011091501
refresh:   28800
retry:   7200
expire:   604800
minimum ttl:   600
600s
opencores.org      A   92.43.36.68   600s
opencores.org      MX   
preference:   0
exchange:   mail.opencores.org
600s
opencores.org      NS    dns1.se   600s
opencores.org      NS    dns2.se   600s

Looks to me like more time is spent on covering tracks than in developing ASICs.
Activity: 112

Why don't you just look at the LinkedIn profiles of who's working at ORSoC and for the people behind KNCMiner, before posting nonsense like this?
Do you seriously believe that a company of that size would risk everything, just to earn some extra pennies on a few thousands bitcoin rigs?

It's all just wild speculations without any plausible or reasonable thought behind it.

1500x 500 = 750,000
150000+750000= 2,250,000

Even if the sellers took half of net, that is a lot of fucking money they'd get in the space of a month. Once you have their money, you can just say (rightly) that you have set unrealistic targets and ship your first 1000 over the course of a year or however long it takes, BFL have proven you don't have to meet your targets to survive here because there will always be enough noobs with Stockholm syndrome holding out for that pot o'gold at the end of the mining rainbow. It's called the gambler's fallacy.

Majority of people will pay with paypal and ask for refunds before 45 days. So i dont think a company making 1.5M a year is going to risk their company and jail time for 200-400k.

And there's nothing wrong if they know eachother, a company doesn't have to advertise that we are friends. How do you think business partnerships and deals happen all the time through friends. Like all the google ex employees starting companies and partnering with google or selling back to them. Again theres absolutely no reason to make public their private or business relationships with one another.

1500x 500 = 750,000
150000+750000= 2,250,000

legendary

Just did what you suggest, hence the above.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.229007/oppen-kallkod-for-kretsar-blir-nasta-linux (translated to English, then I broke up the large paragraph)

The hårdvarukod which is used to determine how a circuit works is becoming increasingly complex. This has led to a desire for open source even in this area, according to Marcus Erlandsson, one of the men behind the open source site OpenCores. - It has no longer afford to self-invent the wheel time and again. It all works just like Linux. Those who outsource their code gets help from all over the world with verification and verifying may use the code. It's a win-win situation, he says. Marcus Erlandsson is technical manager at Swedish ORSoC, a consulting firm that develops electronics. After a year and a half, the company owns OpenCores. - We have been working towards this site since it started in 1999. When the founders wanted to hand over to a company that had the right mindset, that is open source, we had the honor to buy the site of them.

- We have two hats. First, we use projects on the Open Core and picks code from them, and we run the Open Core for it to become the hardware equivalent of Linux. We have also opened OpenCores too little advertising, but it is marginal. Marcus Erlandsson believes that the fair value of the site for ORSoC located in the pr company gets. - Everyone in this area knows that we own the site and are experts in this technology . We are contacted by the world's largest companies, and that's pretty special for a small Swedish company.

Companies do it all the time. Like kfc taco bell ect all owned by yum brands. Maybe if they fail their brand won't be tarnished, but failing doesnt mean scam, such as Basic refunding people. All and all this is wild speculation, someone can contsct OR and ask if they have any ownership stake or how the partnership came to be.

Until then i would just wait for more info
legendary

Just a thought as a newbie looking in, perhaps they don't feel the need to jump through hoops satisfying all the questions on here.

If they do have a product not far off getting rolled out they will sell them as fast as they can produce them, so why waste time answering a never ending grilling on here?

As soon as the first couple of units roll out people on here would be climbing over each other get one anyway.

don't shoot me down, just my observation  Smiley

Your completely right. They said when we are ready we will post all the proof and information needed. Yet if you read all the posts until now its the same shit, why dont you send me a unit. How many gh/sec? I wouldnt reply to these dumbass questions either nor would a legit company have time to do so.

You don't see Microsoft or IBM posting and defending themselves every single second.

Hey did you get those chips ready?
BFL_Josh: No i was posting on forums

Last timr i checked Avalon a legit company doesnt fucking respond to every dumb fucking question because unlike butterfly they are building units. I would be scared if a company kept responding.

This thread needs to be closed and left only to KNC to post before it becomes 100 pages long of the same drivvel. Chill out when they put up their hardware then you can start with the scaming.

I'm sure a 12yr old company who makes 1.5M a year, will want to scam 20% of pre order money makes so much sense.
kncminer maybe answer our questions?

Hi All,

We have been busy which is why you have not heard from us, I will try to answer some quick questions.

First the PayPal vs BTC question.

We will accept both!

Second hardware spec’s

You are all correct we will publish stats on working prototypes with clear and unquestionable evidence (Video/ photograph/youtube/ newspaper reviews/personal checks) that we have working products. We will first publish this to the people who have registered on our site. They and only they (who have registered before publication date) will be given the ability to complete their preorders. Devices will then ship in the weeks after as they are made tested and sent.

For other questions and ones that I have failed to answer form the forum

We have started to add an FAQ to our site. We will build on that with the repeat questions we receive.  If I have not returned a personal response to your question look at our site first If you have a genuine question (we do get quite a few which are very strange) we will do our best to either publish the answer on our FAQ or reply to you directly

Sam

But they dont answer my questions directly on the forums and call me a scumbag. Ohhh noeez they haven't sent me a working hashing unit in the last 10 days of their announcement of being ready in the Summer. SCAMMM
Just a thought as a newbie looking in, perhaps they don't feel the need to jump through hoops satisfying all the questions on here.

If they do have a product not far off getting rolled out they will sell them as fast as they can produce them, so why waste time answering a never ending grilling on here?

As soon as the first couple of units roll out people on here would be climbing over each other get one anyway.

Lulz, "jump through hoops"

You call this jumping through hoops?!? : reply to a few questions that any normal company wouldn't have much problem replying to and would be to their advantage to reply if the company was for real.

Though yeah it can take an entire day to post a simple reply and then they'd be able to blame bitcoin talk for not making their deadline ... rather than the fact that it can't be done anyway without, at this stage, already having chips or a prototype.

13 days and counting ...

Yet the difference between a real legit company who doesn't need to reply to every troll, and a BFL who comes on forums and calls people pieces of shit
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Lulz, "jump through hoops"

You call this jumping through hoops?!? : reply to a few questions that any normal company wouldn't have much problem replying to and would be to their advantage to reply if the company was for real.

Though yeah it can take an entire day to post a simple reply and then they'd be able to blame bitcoin talk for not making their deadline ... rather than the fact that it can't be done anyway without, at this stage, already having chips or a prototype.

13 days and counting ...
GG
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
A question to kncminer:

If bitcoin price crashed back to single digits and many people abandoned bitcoin, are you still believe in bitcoin and want to make ASIC devices?

I think that current ASIC device manufacturers all have this belief when they started the project one year ago
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Best scam yet.

They say they won't accept payment first but they will allow it. Of-course the people who pay first will the ones to get it first.
But that's the scam. Those first 500 people who pay will get jipped of their money.

Sure 80% might pay by Paypal and 20% might pay by bitcoin. At least they get 20% of 500 orders (Let's just guess 40BTC a unit).
So that's about 4000 BTC (100 orders x 40BTC) or about $324K USD in today's value.

Not too bad of a pay for an easy 1 month scam work.

Done.

If they have such a sort turn around time they don't even need pre orders. Just have people order and then in 2 weeks get your miner. They still haven't proven who they are with many requests.

Did everyone read the announcement carefully?
http://orsoc.se/orsoc-and-kncminer-are-partnering-up-to-develop-bitcoin-mining-products/langswitch_lang/en/

"ORSoC will be responsible for product development, including design, production and testing."
the announcement continues:

Our technical expertise together with excellent vendor partnership we feel confident we quickly can design and produce an affordable high performance mining product

The nature of the partnership is plain: a fgpa company new to ASICS (but aware how much they sell for) has hired two local 'entrepeneurs' to get the money to develop something that hasn't even been given a chalkboard outline yet.

Kncminer are following the BFL business model.

Quote from: kncminer.com
Even when we have made enough progress we will open up our order books with two possible purchase methods. The first will be a standard payment in advance allowing customers to enter as far down the queue as possible (based on a first come first serve bases). The first 500 KNCminers will be sold this way, as soon as the first 500 are sold we will close that order book.

The second order type which will be available at the same time is a 50% upfront payment method. Customers enter the queue as low as possible (first come first serve) with the miner numbers starting at 501 the rest of the 50% payment is then due 3 weeks before shipment.

We will then close that method as soon as we ship our first miner and return to the standard upfront payment method.

An interesting payment plan: let me restate it.

When "enough" has been done the following happens.

• A starting pistol is fired!
    • The two categories are both available for payment, paying all of your <500 order or half of your >500 order gets your order shipped before later payments in the category
    • Category 1 shuts after 500 units are paid for
    • Category 2 still accepts the aforementioned half payment
    • A second starting pistol is fired, category 2 orders will need to pay the other half because the first unit will ship in 3 weeks from today
    • The back of the queue will still be open to anyone who pays 100% of the unit cost on a new preorder
    • Unit 1 leaves the KNCminer HQ after the 3 week window passes
    • KNCminer consequently "returns" to the standard 100% upfront payment policy

• Luke-Jr's designated delivery address- the KNCminer office in Stockholm- takes receipt of the unit and notifies him it is hashing with a polite email+IMG attachment
    • Units 2 and above reach their owners quickly and with absolute deference to payment order
    • These units work without major faults according to realistic but impressive specifications for a period of time that exceeds BFL's total shipping delays
    Activity: 651
    Merit: 500
    bla bla bla..

someone should go to their office ask some in deep but not secret revealing questions and we all would know is this scam or not. as i recall a handful of ppl volunteered to go by their office.

IHMO all this mambo-jambo about companies relations and stuff does not matter, if they are working on something they should have designs or maybe protos if they are that far. if it is a scam they will refuse visitors and are hiding behind "nda"s or whatever "clever reasons" they can think of.
    http://orsoc.se/orsoc-and-kncminer-are-partnering-up-to-develop-bitcoin-mining-products/langswitch_lang/en/

Time for a new theory (and a kick in the balls for this one).

Take a look at the page I linked to. You'll see only five major announcements, the last being kncminer.com with the one before that on Aug. 22, 2012.

Oddly, there are no screenshots of kennemarandcole.se or kandc.se or kennemarandcole.com from last year, because they only recently went live.

Could it be that Kennemar and Cole already work for ORSoc, or were their names simply "borrowed"?

Take a look at http://www.kennemarandcole.com/ and convince me it doesn't read similar to http://orsoc.se, both being consultant-type companies.

so what are you saying there can't be another consultant type company? And Kennemarandcole serves a completely different market of IT services, while ORsoc serves hardware.

Okay! You win! I thought it was a pretty crazy theory and all, but wanted to toss it out there nonetheless. There's no way in hell that ORSoC could've been aware of Bitcoin and what it incompasses until Kennemar and Coles brought it to their attention. Unless, that is,... http://opencores.org/project,btcminer

© copyright 1999-2013 OpenCores.org, equivalent to ORSoC AB, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.

Has anybody ever heard of a company called BTCMiner before? Maybe it's a new company that's going to work hand-in-hand with KNCMiner.

Any insight will be appreciated.

I love this forum!  Kiss

Dude how do you have 1 billion posts and not know BTCminer? They sold FPGA's on this very forum lol! How do you know Coles brought it ORSoc's attention? Not trolling just wondering, because I think they are completely different companies that aren't involved with each-other.

My bad! Sometimes I forget to include the sarcasm tag in posts.

The point I was trying to make is that ORSoC knew about Bitcoin prior to KNCMiner bringing it to their attention in hopes of having them develop their miners.

Lol I'm like dafuck!! That's very probable as ORSoC is in that business I'm sure they knew about bitcoin lol, maybe KNC is a new company started by ORSoC just for the purpose of selling miners, might be a new venture.

That's exactly what my new theory consists of which, in and of itself, isn't a bad thing unless, that is, they opted for cloaking the connection at the onset, then there's a problem, for if they do this, what else are they capable of doing (read hiding)?

Yes, but I highly doubt that, if anything maybe they are acquaintances. Or it could be that the companies and people are unrelated. If you read ORSoC's about page it mentions that they try to offer very cost effective consulting solutions to any size companies including smalls ones like KNC, so maybe that's why KNC approached them. Either way this to date has been the most credible ASIC company posted so far. There is a lot for ORSoC to lose in this deal if they are trying to screw people over. They have been a successful company for 12yrs making 1M+yr, I doubt they are trying to scam people. With that said they are the most capable of developing an ASIC in a short period of time. Can't compare amateurs to a company who has been in the business for so long.

Hopefully they provide good specs, and deliver on time, everything I've read so far point to very positive info accepting Paypal, Excellent partnership, quick delivery after pre order money is actually taken, but we shall see keeping my fingers crossed.
    legendary

Time for a new theory (and a kick in the balls for this one).

Take a look at the page I linked to. You'll see only five major announcements, the last being kncminer.com with the one before that on Aug. 22, 2012.

Oddly, there are no screenshots of kennemarandcole.se or kandc.se or kennemarandcole.com from last year, because they only recently went live.

Could it be that Kennemar and Cole already work for ORSoc, or were their names simply "borrowed"?

Take a look at http://www.kennemarandcole.com/ and convince me it doesn't read similar to http://orsoc.se, both being consultant-type companies.

so what are you saying there can't be another consultant type company? And Kennemarandcole serves a completely different market of IT services, while ORsoc serves hardware.

Okay! You win! I thought it was a pretty crazy theory and all, but wanted to toss it out there nonetheless. There's no way in hell that ORSoC could've been aware of Bitcoin and what it incompasses until Kennemar and Coles brought it to their attention. Unless, that is,... http://opencores.org/project,btcminer

© copyright 1999-2013 OpenCores.org, equivalent to ORSoC AB, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.

Has anybody ever heard of a company called BTCMiner before? Maybe it's a new company that's going to work hand-in-hand with KNCMiner.

Any insight will be appreciated.

I love this forum!  Kiss

Dude how do you have 1 billion posts and not know BTCminer? They sold FPGA's on this very forum lol! How do you know Coles brought it ORSoc's attention? Not trolling just wondering, because I think they are completely different companies that aren't involved with each-other.

My bad! Sometimes I forget to include the sarcasm tag in posts.

The point I was trying to make is that ORSoC knew about Bitcoin prior to KNCMiner bringing it to their attention in hopes of having them develop their miners.

Lol I'm like dafuck!! That's very probable as ORSoC is in that business I'm sure they knew about bitcoin lol, maybe KNC is a new company started by ORSoC just for the purpose of selling miners, might be a new venture.

That's exactly what my new theory consists of which, in and of itself, isn't a bad thing unless, that is, they opted for cloaking the connection at the onset, then there's a problem, for if they do this, what else are they capable of doing (read hiding)?
    Jump to: