Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2114. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 265
Merit: 100
Have been in contact with them by the phone today. Seems legit.

They couldn't reveal detailed info about the product or the date because if they say "A" it will spread and if they can't delliver then loads of bs will be floating around on the net( just check BFL threads).

And you can preorder without paying at the moment, when more detailed info about the product will be out(on their homepage) preorders will receive e-mail and will have to pay for their order or loose their place in queue.

They already quoted a date (summer 2013), are they now retracting that and going with a TBH?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Pre ordered 5 units order number #614 how can i be in the first 500 if im 614 did i get scammed???!!! Multiple sad faces, i like this company though they put out vaporware and i get to put vapor pre orders lol
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

They couldn't reveal detailed info about the product or the date because if they say "A" it will spread and if they can't delliver then loads of bs will be floating around on the net( just check BFL threads).

And you can preorder without paying at the moment, when more detailed info about the product will be out(on their homepage) preorders will receive e-mail and will have to pay for their order or loose their place in queue.

Ergo, the concern, hence the trying to stop the scam in its tracks.

Do you really think they actually have a cutoff of 500 units? There is no way in hell we would be able to prove such an event.

First 500 pays 100% upfront to be in queue.
Next 500 pays 50%, then the other 50% prior to 2-3 weeks before shipping.

Either way, 1,000 people will be paying 100% prior to a vapor shipping announcement.

They can easily tell the first 1,000-2,000 people who sign up that they are of the first 500 people who HAVE to pay 100% as soon as they get an email from them. Where's the accountability that there would ONLY be 500 people offered this option. And, are we talking 500 people or 500 units? The text I read (sorry for not quoting) reads people.

If viable, KNCMiner was given ample opportunity to get in front of this before it exploded in their face, but now they seem to taking the stance that they don't want to be in the same position as the BFL threads, but that's exactly what they now have.

That said, anymore Newbies care to share with us your positive conversations with KNCMiner?

NEXT!
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Afaik nobody knows how far they are in the process.
They could have nothing or might already have a prototype ready, but doesn't want to reveal anything just yet until everything is tested properly... so saying that is impossible is a bit silly without sitting on all facts.
Um, they revealed that they have only just got that other firm involved ... so yeah that's what confirmed it was bullshit for me.

Not entirely true. They officially announced their partnership, which is not the same as "just started to work with".
We also have to be much more careful reading/listening in todays global society in general, as there's also language barriers to overcome which can cause a lot of confusion and misunderstandings.
Now you are making up excuses for them ... that are also clearly not correct.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
They could have nothing or might already have a prototype ready, but doesn't want to reveal anything just yet until everything is tested properly... so saying that is impossible is a bit silly without sitting on all facts.
Um, they revealed that they have only just got that other firm involved ... so yeah that's what confirmed it was bullshit for me.

Not entirely true. They officially announced their partnership, which is not the same as "just started to work with".
We also have to be much more careful reading/listening in todays global society in general, as there's also language barriers to overcome which can cause a lot of confusion and misunderstandings.
Activity: 34

Activity: 206
Merit: 102
step forward
well the benefit of paypal is that you can pay via paypal from your CC and do a charge back that way if they don't deliver

If the scammer account = 0, Where the money comes? Paypal? I think that not,...
Only If credit card has insurance, but depends of credit card,...
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
well the benefit of paypal is that you can pay via paypal from your CC and do a charge back that way if they don't deliver
Activity: 206
Merit: 102
step forward
they're accepting paypal.  Could this have been done to bolster a false sense of security? Sure.  But if kncminer takes your money via paypal and fails to deliver a product, you can dispute this and very likely win.
Paypal guarantees NOTHING, only if the "scammer" has some "paypal money" in account. In other case you lose,..., all.
Activity: 575
they should just order 200k avalon chips, that way they might have something to sell
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Kano, I always encourage a healthy sense of caution/skepticism but what's interesting to me is that if kncminer is a scam, they're accepting paypal.  Could this have been done to bolster a false sense of security? Sure.  But if kncminer takes your money via paypal and fails to deliver a product, you can dispute this and very likely win.  Paypal would require them to produce evidence of their product, evidence that they're a legit business, and especially evidence that they shipped something to your address.

Any bum off the street can easily set up a PayPal account, extract all the funds, leaving the account at zero. You may be able to get your funds back from PayPal, but PayPal would surely not be able to get them back from the bum.
Activity: 49
if its reasonable priced ima order asap i really dont wanna order from avalon if batch 4 eva comes along n boy avalon im better of playn the euro lottery
Activity: 56
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
Find me at Bitrated
Kano, I always encourage a healthy sense of caution/skepticism but what's interesting to me is that if kncminer is a scam, they're accepting paypal.  Could this have been done to bolster a false sense of security? Sure.  But if kncminer takes your money via paypal and fails to deliver a product, you can dispute this and very likely win.  Paypal would require them to produce evidence of their product, evidence that they're a legit business, and especially evidence that they shipped something to your address.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Could be legit, but I still doubt their time schedule. Even if they already have a finished chip design, the prototyping/test/software/manufacturing/assembly will still take another 3 months at least, if they outsourced the manufacturing to other countries, another month needed for back and forth shipping/custom clearance etc...

Activity: 535
But how long need they?

Faster then BFL?
legendary
This is funny. There are many scams, but so far there is nothing to suggest KNC is a scam, infact, quite to the contrary.

Then you didn't read the complete bullshit in their very first post:
We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)

They never take a single cents from us ... not like butterfly who took the money for a year and no delivery.. if they is delivery at all?
They are quoting something that cannot be done.

Meanwhile you are quoting something that is false.

Yes BFL has accepted a lot of people's money and yes they still haven't delivered, but it is certainly not a year.
In fact it is, at the moment, 5 months late ... and counting
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
This is funny. There are many scams, but so far there is nothing to suggest KNC is a scam, infact, quite to the contrary.

Then you didn't read the complete bullshit in their very first post:
We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)

They never take a single cents from us ... not like butterfly who took the money for a year and no delivery.. if they is delivery at all?

Yeah this isn't so bad. I'm considering ordering.

Edit: But just considering it. This 'first come first served' business could also be an elegant and effective way of scamming lots of people in one go.

It would be nice if they shipped a batch of 5 or 10 to respected forum members a week (or some set period) before opening payment to those with preorders. The interest this would generate would be tremendous, people would start raising money for group buys, and those who order will feel safe while doing it, and investors who can't risk a lot of capital won't be discouraged.

At the moment, normal people will be scared off by the possibility of a scam- and it would be a missed opportunity to expand the bitcoin mining community if payments are accepted without absolute certainty of a product. A period of confirmation would delay shipping by a few days, but this would be a good time for the company to accumulate units in preparation for a simultaneously sold-out first and second batch in the moment this period finishes.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Jump to: