Pages:
Author

Topic: Tactics When Market is Falling - page 13. (Read 17190 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 11
September 21, 2018, 01:07:05 AM
Hi all,
I am a relative newbie but have remained pretty calm during the difficult last week or so. The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.
Thanks

It is normal for the prices to start falling once the bull market is played out and now you have to hold and this is where the real test of patience comes in. We are going into a bear market which means that prices are going to be low for a very long time before we see another bull, maybe a couple of years so you have to be willing to hold for that long.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 10:17:17 PM
I imagine that in the event that you don't have the right stuff to exchange states of a downtrend in the market, it's better not to do anything! On the off chance that you all of a sudden don't have room schedule-wise to offer at a decent cost, and need to offer in the expectation of purchasing less expensive, it is better not to do as such, odds are that you will commit an error and lose cash! At the point when the market goes to the phase of falling, I more often than not enjoy a long reprieve. Indeed, I can admit that before even 2 years back, I was beginning to frenzy and I have done numerous things that appear to me bizarre now: I lost through it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
September 20, 2018, 09:53:35 PM
The tactics of the market fall is very simple.Just close or turn off the computer and just wait for growth.Any panic will lead to loss!On this simply not go and not spend their nerves on this!
It is so stressful to see your portfolio going down everyday so better leave it alone for some time and then come back when everything is back to normal. Volatility in the market is a cycle that we have to be used to and should learned from it.
It seems to me to state the current coins and the development of existing markets, highly recommend not to sell the coins in order to maintain the State of the market remain stable and made it so precious coins and able to drive progress.
Activity: 197
Merit: 10
September 20, 2018, 09:12:11 PM
When the market is falling you have the chance of buying coins at a discounted price as they say buy the dips.  Then wait for the time when the prices go up you can sell them.  Better to look for major coins because those coins will surely recover.
Sometimes dips aren't what you should be wanting to look for because they could announce that they failed their project.
Activity: 337
Merit: 100
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 20, 2018, 08:43:56 PM
Hodl and be patient. Those two are the hardest thing to do when you are new to crypto. Hodling will just make you worry all the time especially if you needed the capital and its something you can't afford to lose. Selling is the short term solution but it can result to losses and I would never recommend it especially on the bear market. Being patient is the hardest thing for me to learn because I don't have that much capital but I learned that its better to hodl for months because the income will be more than selling at a low price.
Activity: 235
Merit: 11
September 20, 2018, 08:39:49 PM
I guess the best tactic for me when the market is falling, is to hold all you tokens and don’t be hasty to panic sell it. Just hold until the market value of your token is rising up again. Other tactic is to find and valuable token that has potential to rise in the market on the future, and invest on it now when market is falling.
Activity: 179
Merit: 6
Infleum
September 20, 2018, 08:27:16 PM
I've invested a lot in coins that pay dividends so hopefully when the market recovers I'll have a lot more crypto than when I started.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
September 20, 2018, 08:22:11 PM
When market is falling all you need to do is take out your bitcoins from altcoins then wait for the bottom to buy more cheap altcoins. They say that its better to hodl altcoins when in bull market but take out all your bitcoins when its bear market. They have a fair point about that. Its better for our resources or assets to be safe than to wait for our hold coins to recover. Crypto still a speculation market so we never know what coin will survive in the end but I think this market is here to stay.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
September 20, 2018, 06:48:02 PM
If you are going to hodl in this space, you have to be very careful of what to hodl and how long to hodl, because while holding sometimes, you might feel you are holding a genuine coin, whereas in another sense of it, you are holding shit coin that will not last for long.
Activity: 196
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
September 20, 2018, 06:44:27 PM
My advice to this would have to be just HOLD! Today your coin can be worth 350 Satoshi's, tomorrow when you wake up you would see that it has droped 7.12% to somewhere around 325 satoshi's. Do you sell no!! Simply because if you do and then the 3rd day rolls around and your coin is up, 8.27% (28.9 satoshi's) making it worth (379 Sats) from the original 350 Sats. You will be mad because you technically then lost 54 satoshi's per coin if you were to buy back in.

350-25=325, 350+29=379

My biggest advise always buy in the RED and sell in the GREEN!!!
I like a coin to drop atleast 3 to 4% before I start buying it up.

If a coin has a lot of action and pumping up and down constantly 20 to 30 sats, I will buy and sell all day!!! I follow the market.

Always remember 1 Bitcoin will Always be worth 1 BTC!

Very good tactics and everything is correct, but it seems to me that it's easier to sit and do nothing, wait for several years and then we will be able to earn a lot of money.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
September 20, 2018, 06:43:01 PM
My advice to this would have to be just HOLD! Today your coin can be worth 350 Satoshi's, tomorrow when you wake up you would see that it has droped 7.12% to somewhere around 325 satoshi's. Do you sell no!! Simply because if you do and then the 3rd day rolls around and your coin is up, 8.27% (28.9 satoshi's) making it worth (379 Sats) from the original 350 Sats. You will be mad because you technically then lost 54 satoshi's per coin if you were to buy back in.

350-25=325, 350+29=379

My biggest advise always buy in the RED and sell in the GREEN!!!
I like a coin to drop atleast 3 to 4% before I start buying it up.

If a coin has a lot of action and pumping up and down constantly 20 to 30 sats, I will buy and sell all day!!! I follow the market.

Always remember 1 Bitcoin will Always be worth 1 BTC!
Activity: 196
The Future of Security Tokens
September 20, 2018, 06:28:59 PM
Ninety percent of the people have tactics just to sit and wait. But I'm sure that everyone is looking almost daily at the graphics or blockfolio, because waiting for a turn, which is not.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 06:26:09 PM
If you feel market continue  falling you need to sell your coins. and you will have a chance to accumulate more and more. surely you can open short. but i dont like the use margin trades.
surely i dont like to open short for bitcoin. we all here to believe blockchain and cryptocurrencies future. so i dont like to do a bet for shorting. :=)
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
September 20, 2018, 06:22:52 PM
When the market is falling you have the chance of buying coins at a discounted price as they say buy the dips.  Then wait for the time when the prices go up you can sell them.  Better to look for major coins because those coins will surely recover.
Activity: 190
September 20, 2018, 06:21:55 PM
I'm very curious about it.
That does not do that much, just invest in the coin and see what happened after that. Money could be made by doing that.
Activity: 538
September 20, 2018, 06:17:50 PM
For me, i don’t have a specific pattern to protect my investment. Honestly i’ve always thought that ‘to hodl’ is the best thing i can do. So, when market is falling i just simply “hodl”.

if you can allow me i can give you a little strategy i have been using, maybe you can try it out too. Though HODL is not a bad idea, but i'll urge you to maybe check this out.
Anytime the cryptocurrency market is going down,there are several ways that investors can profit, as for which approaches are best, investors will need to decide for themselves.

1) Buy The Dip: Buying the dip can generate compelling returns. However, in practice, pulling this off effectively may be easier said than done. Using this strategy successfully requires an investor to time the market, something that many market experts have described as very challenging.

2)Pinpoint Strong Opportunities

Investors should keep in mind that even if the broader cryptocurrency market crashes, some of these digital assets could hold up very well.

3) HODL

4)Shorting Bitcoin: If done correctly, traders can generate very robust returns by shorting Bitcoin, an opportunity offered by many exchanges

DISCLAIMER: i am not a financial adviser, just trying to contribute to the conversation here. Thanks friend
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
September 20, 2018, 06:14:28 PM
I'm very curious about it.
Activity: 82
September 20, 2018, 05:32:40 PM
Best thing to do in these times is just to stick to your game plan and not panic sell, panic selling will make you regret when the market start moving back up.
Activity: 86
September 20, 2018, 05:24:40 PM
You can also deal with the prospecting of promising coins during a falling market in order to earn in the future on their growth.
Activity: 238
September 20, 2018, 05:07:15 PM
Well, usually I have this strategy , I'm looking for a place to enter and already put a stop loss, if it goes to the bottom of the triggered stop loss, if up already look at the growth and close at each level try more accurately)
Pages:
Jump to: