Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 87. (Read 309668 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

There are things going on in the background. I do not want to divulge currently because there is some serious people working on the development but we are making some nice progress and getting others involved.

Very good to hear that. Do you have or can you reveal any announcement dates as of today?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

That sounds great if will be framed in a current worldview of potential investors. Worldview is a term I use here to determine a set of values, biases  and pain points in a heads of people who encounter a new crypto project. How the values tau brings to the table can support those worldviews, give a better solution, solve the pain?

Examples of some possible worldviews of investors in crypto community:

1. Governments and corporations control everything
2. AI will replace men in most of fields
3. Bitcoin is not private enough
4. Privacy is on high demand now day's
5. Bitcoin decentralization can be affected by centralization of miners
6. Decentralized smart contracts can eliminate the need to involve a trusted third party in projects
7. Etherium is the best and fastest growing smart contracts environment today
8. Technology still vulnerable to hackers attacks
9. TheDAO fiasco can happen again.

Those are just an examples, and might not reflect the real target audience worldviews, a deeper research needed here.

good points, i'll just add that many of them are under agoras rather tau. for agoras' vision see this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw

What exactly the self-amending nature of tau can drastically improve ?
How other project can be implemented on tau and what are the advantages?

there is no such a beast yet. a decentralized self amending program to a "general purpose" extent (means with "high" expressiveness)

Will network will be more secure than today's alternatives?

yes, because security can be mathematically proven over tau. that's one of the great rationale in combining logic with security and program verification

Can privacy coins technologies (like cryptonote and z-cash) be implemented on tau?
of course. [almost] any algorithm

There are things going on in the background. I do not want to divulge currently because there is some serious people working on the development but we are making some nice progress and getting others involved.
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org

That sounds great if will be framed in a current worldview of potential investors. Worldview is a term I use here to determine a set of values, biases  and pain points in a heads of people who encounter a new crypto project. How the values tau brings to the table can support those worldviews, give a better solution, solve the pain?

6. Decentralized smart contracts can eliminate the need to involve a trusted third party in projects

Those are just an examples, and might not reflect the real target audience worldviews, a deeper research needed here.

good points, i'll just add that many of them are under agoras rather tau. for agoras' vision see this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw

there is no such a beast yet. a decentralized self amending program to a "general purpose" extent (means with "high" expressiveness)

yes, because security can be mathematically proven over tau. that's one of the great rationale in combining logic with security and program verification

Can privacy coins technologies (like cryptonote and z-cash) be implemented on tau?
of course. [almost] any algorithm

What are your thoughts regarding Golem? The idea of creating a giant supercomputer was something i heard coming from you first, back in i believe 2014 with Zennet.
Do you think a similar project would run much better/faster/securer/cheaper etc on the Tauchain network?

Thanx

certainly, and that's why zennet moved to tau. the point is that with zennet you "can do only that". you can only rent hardware. but to deal with a broader scope like which computation is needed and what are one's final goals and how to achieve them (which may include renting servers), one needs a logical engine
the materials that i'm working on now will present a timeline ofc.

Reading this^ while looking at the current state of the Crypto Market makes me very anxious to see what we'll be dealing with by the time everything is said and done.  A lot of folks might end up scratching their head with Tau-Chain & Agoras.  I'm also very curious to see whether the project will remain under the radar as we progress or not.  Nothing surprises me in Cryptoland anymore.  More for us, I guess?!  

imo tau has a potential to redirect the whole Crypto Market to a new direction if represented right.
the choice of right marketing strategy is very important here. All market trends should be carefully researched before the decision on branding is made. Right representation of technology is as important as the technology it self.

TAUCHAIN -  the power of AI to everyone altogether (and by everyone altogether), rather to be held by centralized entities
support

Very powerful heading imo.
If the rest of the story will be told right, it will be very remarkable and spread fast in crypto land

i agree on the critical-ness of the explanation, and that's exactly what takes me so much time and energy nowadays.
here is some short recent explanation:
the first alpha is an intelligent platform for creating, sharing, and processing knowledge.
the second alpha is an intelligent platform for creating, sharing, and processing processes.
the third alpha is an intelligent platform for creating, sharing, and processing itself.
tauchain will be the decentralized construct we'll build using the self-defining alpha.
two major differences between knowledge and processes: processes(=programs), we can execute, and we want to reason also over their behavior once executed. but tau is a program, so in order to self-define itself, it must support programs.

imo the answer to this kind of questions the potential investors consciously or unconsciously seek, and that's what going to catch the attention
My proposal here might be incomplete, yet hopefully not worthless Smiley

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

What are your thoughts regarding Golem? The idea of creating a giant supercomputer was something i heard coming from you first, back in i believe 2014 with Zennet.
Do you think a similar project would run much better/faster/securer/cheaper etc on the Tauchain network?

Thanx
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
Market says otherwise, virtually non exsistant buy support and no one wants to touch the order at 10k coins that were bought for more than twice the price, not even the dev here wants to buy back the coins he sold for less than half price. So what does that tell you.

Thats my order at 10k (most of it) please someone buy it so i can finally forgot this nightmare, i paid 36btc for these coins.

This is not a nightmare, is a long term project.

If you wanna exit you can sell it on the market.

I got some buy orders there

Reading this^ while looking at the current state of the Crypto Market makes me very anxious to see what we'll be dealing with by the time everything is said and done.  A lot of folks might end up scratching their head with Tau-Chain & Agoras.  I'm also very curious to see whether the project will remain under the radar as we progress or not.  Nothing surprises me in Cryptoland anymore.  More for us, I guess?!  

imo tau has a potential to redirect the whole Crypto Market to a new direction if represented right.
the choice of right marketing strategy is very important here. All market trends should be carefully researched before the decision on branding is made. Right representation of technology is as important as the technology it self.

TAUCHAIN -  the power of AI to everyone altogether (and by everyone altogether), rather to be held by centralized entities

If the rest of the story will be told right, it will be very remarkable and spread fast in crypto land

i agree on the critical-ness of the explanation, and that's exactly what takes me so much time and energy nowadays.
here is some short recent explanation:
the first alpha is an intelligent platform for creating, sharing, and processing knowledge.
the second alpha is an intelligent platform for creating, sharing, and processing processes.
the third alpha is an intelligent platform for creating, sharing, and processing itself.
tauchain will be the decentralized construct we'll build using the self-defining alpha.
two major differences between knowledge and processes: processes(=programs), we can execute, and we want to reason also over their behavior once executed. but tau is a program, so in order to self-define itself, it must support programs.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
To Vintagebazzar: you have created a big wall at 10000 satoshis , 296387 agoras. Deal it with several offers of 1000 or 2000 and dont break the market. Dont be lazy and you ll  see the people buy it and the price Will rise. Or you want money without working a Little?
Activity: 623
Merit: 279
Hope & Positivity are keys to Success
Market says otherwise, virtually non exsistant buy support and no one wants to touch the order at 10k coins that were bought for more than twice the price, not even the dev here wants to buy back the coins he sold for less than half price. So what does that tell you.

Thats my order at 10k (most of it) please someone buy it so i can finally forgot this nightmare, i paid 36btc for these coins.

Activity: 114
Can you estimate when the first code will be ready?

very hard to estimate. at least for me. i must admit that part of the delay is due to new ideas that don't stop coming. a recent one was to convert your theory to a wiki, so you could browse the encyclopedia of your own worldview. or let others browse it. (or compare it with another one's, for the sake of partnership, or dating, or common interest.. but that's an old idea, the new idea is the wiki format). and obv most of the time i think of the math aspects of this all which are nontrivial. especially how to write a scalable solver

------

Ohad- the flow of new ideas for innovative creators such as your self will never stop. However, there is a time that one has to stop, and move on to CONCRETE progress with what you already have, and advance it, finish an alpha, a  beta, and then continue to improve.

Moving from the ZENNET to TAU 1 and now to TAU 2 over several years WITHOUT anything concrete doesn't help confidence. The fact that HMC also didnt survive here, and that you guys had to part arguing, and that you are back at square 1 (new whitepaper) is nice if this was a University research lab, but not as nice for a start up effort.

Raising hundreds of BTC's creates a commitment to investors and to the community. If you continue with theoretically responding to "new flow of ideas" it can last for 25 more years because ideas will likely not stop.

Time to create a timeline that will commit you, show a concrete plan, real milestones, roadmap etc, to create more credibility for your ability to actually execute and not just theorize. I write this with respect and appreciation and hope that such will be included in the whitepaper and presentation.

i completely agree with the rationale. indeed the design for the engine itself has became solid over the last weeks. i wish we wouldn't got into this situation, but discovering that the old tau was simply wrong (far to mention useless), has a cost. i want to finish a product no less than anyone else, really. btw there were real advancements in code over time, among of them: the first c++ implementation of the json-ld spec. and an rdf reasoner that seems to beat (wrt speed) all existing ones. the materials that i'm working on now will present a timeline ofc. moreover, the first alpha which will be much less complicated to implement than the final product, will still allow collaborative development, means, that the next alphas, will be developed by all of us collaboratively, with the help of an intelligent machine.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

one of the most exciting projects in crypto no doubt, can't wait.

very hard to estimate. at least for me. i must admit that part of the delay is due to new ideas that don't stop coming. a recent one was to convert your theory to a wiki, so you could browse the encyclopedia of your own worldview. or let others browse it. (or compare it with another one's, for the sake of partnership, or dating, or common interest.. but that's an old idea, the new idea is the wiki format). and obv most of the time i think of the math aspects of this all which are nontrivial. especially how to write a scalable solver

------

Ohad- the flow of new ideas for innovative creators such as your self will never stop. However, there is a time that one has to stop, and move on to CONCRETE progress with what you already have, and advance it, finish an alpha, a  beta, and then continue to improve.

Moving from the ZENNET to TAU 1 and now to TAU 2 over several years WITHOUT anything concrete doesn't help confidence. The fact that HMC also didnt survive here, and that you guys had to part arguing, and that you are back at square 1 (new whitepaper) is nice if this was a University research lab, but not as nice for a start up effort.

Raising hundreds of BTC's creates a commitment to investors and to the community. If you continue with theoretically responding to "new flow of ideas" it can last for 25 more years because ideas will likely not stop.

Time to create a timeline that will commit you, show a concrete plan, real milestones, roadmap etc, to create more credibility for your ability to actually execute and not just theorize. I write this with respect and appreciation and hope that such will be included in the whitepaper and presentation.

i completely agree with the rationale. indeed the design for the engine itself has became solid over the last weeks. i wish we wouldn't got into this situation, but discovering that the old tau was simply wrong (far to mention useless), has a cost. i want to finish a product no less than anyone else, really. btw there were real advancements in code over time, among of them: the first c++ implementation of the json-ld spec. and an rdf reasoner that seems to beat (wrt speed) all existing ones. the materials that i'm working on now will present a timeline ofc. moreover, the first alpha which will be much less complicated to implement than the final product, will still allow collaborative development, means, that the next alphas, will be developed by all of us collaboratively, with the help of an intelligent machine.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

[/quote]

------

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Still working by yourself Ohad? isn't time to add some members to help you with such ambition? you are risking to get left behind by the time you will finish the work

right now except myself there are four more people helping me finishing the presentation and paper

Timing might be crucial here. There are much better solutions and technologies today but most of the corporate world use Microsoft. Same can be with Etherium, Tezos or some other pioneer environment. The more projects adopt it at first the harder going to be for the other players to get inn. So Microsoft wise, we are in 80's now... Is the revolution might happen without us Ohad?Smiley
Or any other project simply wont be able to resist to move to tau (taking in account all the advantages)? Is this technically going to be possible/easy for them?

note that many of the winners were not the first Smiley apple came before microsoft (who stole apple's ideas), and before google there were many search engines that the young here never encountered their name.
on the presentation i'll reveal a whole new theory of computer-aided discussions as the basis of tau, so possible competitors will have to wait till then in order to begin the race Smiley it's even way beyond the old tau

The revolution can't happen without us. We are the revolution!!! Wink  
Jokes aside, looking forward for the presentation. It might be very powerful to see some working code at the time of the presentation and white paper release.

Was there a date given of the expected presentation? didn't saw any
Activity: 75
Waiting for presentation and White Paper. Hope soon...
Still working by yourself Ohad? isn't time to add some members to help you with such ambition? you are risking to get left behind by the time you will finish the work

right now except myself there are four more people helping me finishing the presentation and paper

Timing might be crucial here. There are much better solutions and technologies today but most of the corporate world use Microsoft. Same can be with Etherium, Tezos or some other pioneer environment. The more projects adopt it at first the harder going to be for the other players to get inn. So Microsoft wise, we are in 80's now... Is the revolution might happen without us Ohad?Smiley
Or any other project simply wont be able to resist to move to tau (taking in account all the advantages)? Is this technically going to be possible/easy for them?

note that many of the winners were not the first Smiley apple came before microsoft (who stole apple's ideas), and before google there were many search engines that the young here never encountered their name.
on the presentation i'll reveal a whole new theory of computer-aided discussions as the basis of tau, so possible competitors will have to wait till then in order to begin the race Smiley it's even way beyond the old tau

The revolution can't happen without us. We are the revolution!!! Wink  
Jokes aside, looking forward for the presentation. It might be very powerful to see some working code at the time of the presentation and white paper release.

Pages:
Jump to: