Pages:
Author

Topic: Taxation [discussion] - page 2. (Read 3983 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 101
April 25, 2013, 06:41:48 PM
Why current system when you pay income tax on realized gains + sales tax doesn't fit there?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
April 25, 2013, 05:58:49 PM
...snip...

No - that's selling services.  Taxation is where you insist that the person pays whether they want the nightwatchman or not.

Tomato Tomata. If you look at from the stand point of the government being nothing more than a DRO of last resort, I suppose your right. My method however would solve some of the issues of child abuse and those who refuse to arbitrate.

The key thing is coercion.  If you don't have that, you don't have your nightwatchman state.  If you do, then its just a question of how big the state should be.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
April 25, 2013, 05:56:51 PM

What exactly would hinder it from happening?

The same way its supposed to work now. Law suits and counter-aggression... but governments are too corrupt to enforce it. The first guy to have his tap water set fire should have all but owned that fracking company.

No - that's selling services.  Taxation is where you insist that the person pays whether they want the nightwatchman or not.

Tomato Tomata. If you look at from the stand point of the government being nothing more than a DRO of last resort, I suppose your right. My method however would solve some of the issues of child abuse and those who refuse to arbitrate.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 25, 2013, 05:55:42 PM
Listen. Maybe your heart is in right place but if you can, please come visit my hood in the Bronx one day and see what the state taxes does when "it" needs to never lose power. Pretty sad what planned destruction from a State can do and have people voting over and over for their own annihilation. You are spending your time on a bitcoin forum so expect people like myself to be suspicious about what exactly you are trying to say and what solutions you have, news ideas to advance the project.
I am not against taxes as long as there will be a public record of where MY money goes exactly. Something like a part of bitcoin would be cool: public. No need to pay for teachers grading themselves "Super Amazing" 90% of the time in places like Chicago etc. It is a fucking disgrace to know that 60% + of black women are aborting in NYC and failing 80% of the time in their amazing great school system. If i were a proud member of storm front I would vote for the building of a church dedicate to Saint Margaret Sanger. This is where the US taxes are going today: to finish up the job.
So you see I am not against you, but I may be against a way to keep the status quo and keep all the people the States is supposed to help, but keep in darkness to get rid of them quickly, in 3 generations or less.

It is not personal of course.

Bitcoin has very bright people behind it and should make the concept of taxes in itself sounds like a relic from the dark ages. Please contribute to the future and let's move on from the past and this sad present time.

I'm afraid that's quite far away, I'm not from The US.
I can see where your view is coming from, I fully support your wish of a public record where this money is spent.

While I think there is need for some kind of tax and state, the money should go into good education, environment protection, infrastructure and all this.
There should be no need to hide where the money is going.
legendary
April 25, 2013, 05:49:39 PM

If you believe that collecting taxes can be done without violating the NAP, then thats fine.

Actually I do, fee based taxation. Pay-as-you-use. Also promotes competition. Guilty pay for courts, those bringing dropped charges pay for bringing false charges. Counter-aggressive confiscation. Etc.

...snip...

legendary
Activity: 1176
minds.com/Wilikon
April 25, 2013, 05:47:13 PM

I came here to find smart people and here we go again. Calling names etc is not too smart, but you would not know any better...

Yes, tell me more about this, please.
I think I got the bigger share of insults heading towards me.

Hey Birdy buddy, you sound dumb.[...]  But you're dumb, about as dumb as a monkey.

and it produces unthinking robots (like you) who are easily manipulated.

Listen. Maybe your heart is in right place but if you can, please come visit my hood in the Bronx one day and see what the state taxes does when "it" needs to never lose power. Pretty sad what planned destruction from a State can do and have people voting over and over for their own annihilation. You are spending your time on a bitcoin forum so expect people like myself to be suspicious about what exactly you are trying to say and what solutions you have, news ideas to advance the project.
I am not against taxes as long as there will be a public record of where MY money goes exactly. Something like a part of bitcoin would be cool: public. No need to pay for teachers grading themselves "Super Amazing" 90% of the time in places like Chicago etc. It is a fucking disgrace to know that 60% + of black women are aborting in NYC and failing 80% of the time in their amazing great school system. If i were a proud member of storm front I would vote for the building of a church dedicate to Saint Margaret Sanger. This is where the US taxes are going today: to finish up the job.
So you see I am not against you, but I may be against a way to keep the status quo and keep all the people the States is supposed to help, but keep in darkness to get rid of them quickly, in 3 generations or less.

It is not personal of course.

Bitcoin has very bright people behind it and should make the concept of taxes in itself sounds like a relic from the dark ages. Please contribute to the future and let's move on from the past and this sad present time.
April 25, 2013, 05:45:53 PM

Roll Eyes You don't quite get it, do you?

How's fracking working out for you in this fascist state? Wouldn't happen in a night watchman state.

What exactly would hinder it from happening?
April 25, 2013, 05:42:12 PM

If you believe that collecting taxes can be done without violating the NAP, then thats fine.

Actually I do, fee based taxation. Pay-as-you-use. Also promotes competition. Guilty pay for courts, those bringing dropped charges pay for bringing false charges. Counter-aggressive confiscation. Etc.

Minarchist states will run down the planet in no time by pollution and ressource waste.
Where will you buy the next one?

(Our current system is doing this, too. But this would be even worse)

Roll Eyes You don't quite get it, do you?

How's fracking working out for you in this fascist state? The smog fog of Red Beijing? Neither would last too long in a night watchman state.
April 25, 2013, 05:36:52 PM
Minarchist states will run down the planet in no time by pollution and ressource waste.
Where will you buy the next one?

(Our current system is doing this, too. But this would be even worse)
legendary
April 25, 2013, 05:36:11 PM

States have destroyed free and stateless societies for 100s of years and will continue to do so fpr 100s of years time if we allow it.

ftfy.

Um - http://daviddfriedman.com/The_Machinery_of_Freedom_.pdf

Read it.  Stateless societies have existed and were indeed destroyed by states.  My country, Ireland, was one of them. The important thing is to understand why it was inevitable and why they won't be coming back.

Care to make a concise point rather than simply link to the work of another?

I personally believe in a minarchist state rather than anarchy/anaracho capitalism, but even while being a state I don't believe a night watchman state has to violate the NAP.

April 25, 2013, 05:32:43 PM

States have destroyed free and stateless societies for 100s of years and will continue to do so fpr 100s of years time if we allow it.

ftfy.

Read it.  Stateless societies have existed and were indeed destroyed by states.  My country, Ireland, was one of them. The important thing is to understand why it was inevitable and why they won't be coming back.

Care to make a concise point rather than simply link to the work of another?

I personally believe in a minarchist state rather than anarchy/anaracho capitalism, but even while being a state I don't believe a night watchman state has to violate the NAP.
legendary
April 25, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

ftfy.

legendary
April 25, 2013, 05:25:31 PM
when most governments are selling public services such as healthcare, emergency services (police/fire/etc) to private companies, there becomes less and less need for taxes.. NOT MORE.

Taxation for public services is the cheapest way of financing them.  Look at the US health system for an example of what happens when you have to create huge bureaucratic billing systems and compare it to the NHS.
April 25, 2013, 05:24:42 PM

ftfy.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
April 25, 2013, 05:22:02 PM
when most governments are selling public services such as healthcare, emergency services (police/fire/etc) to private companies, there becomes less and less need for taxes.. NOT MORE.
legendary
April 25, 2013, 05:09:54 PM
States existed before your grandparents were born and will continue to exist long after your grandchildren have passed away.

Are. You. Sure?

OK - you got me - I assumed he would have grandchildren.  

States have existed for 100s of years and will exist in 100s of years time if humanity is still around.
April 25, 2013, 05:09:20 PM

I came here to find smart people and here we go again. Calling names etc is not too smart, but you would not know any better...

Yes, tell me more about this, please.
I think I got the bigger share of insults heading towards me.

Hey Birdy buddy, you sound dumb.[...]  But you're dumb, about as dumb as a monkey.

and it produces unthinking robots (like you) who are easily manipulated.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 25, 2013, 05:07:00 PM
States existed before your grandparents were born and will continue to exist long after your grandchildren have passed away.

Are. You. Sure?
legendary
April 25, 2013, 05:04:33 PM
It's so easy to just put all the fault on the evil states.

I'm not a supporter of states per se, but I cannot see anarchy doing a good job for humanity.

So what are you gonna do about it? Force me to live under democracy? Sounds like a better job for humanity.

Ladies and gentlemen: Rationale no. 1 for coercion and use of force.
"You don't want my rules? You don't know what's good for you. I will force rules on you to make this world better for you!"

States existed before your grandparents were born and will continue to exist long after your grandchildren have passed away.  Surely you are better off debating how you want to have the state run?
WiW
Activity: 277
"The public is stupid, hence the public will pay"
April 25, 2013, 05:02:39 PM
The world is not black and white.

Exactly. Considering how unclear the situation is, the decision to be violent to prevent more violence sounds like a bad idea to me. It's like saying "I don't know if I will cause more or less violence but I'm gonna be violent any way, fuck it..."
Pages:
Jump to: