Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 110. (Read 446058 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Just to address some of the general questions, from my own experience, about tek staking. I have been involved with the coin since the november following it's launch. In that time, I have seen it go to dizzying prices and drop just as bad. I believe it was around 400 sats when I started mining it, and within a year was up to like .001 or higher. As POS rewards started exponentially increasing the coin supply, the prices dropped dramatically, but it has ALWAYS been cyclical. I think you see bill paying going on with that. Around the end and middle of the month, you see people dumping like madmen. Best time to buy Cheesy In between, they try to bring their balances back to where they want them, which is the best time to sell.

With the exception of GameCredits, al the coins I deal with outside of BTC are POS coins. Tek is BY FAR the easisest to stake. I have more than once even in times of high difficulty staked 1 coin. From watching it, and my own lacksadaisacal approach, I would guess that a great many people do NOT pay close attention to the diff. Those that do, get the greatest rewards. The rest of us are probably averaging 23 to 30 percent per month.

Of all the coins I play with, TEK still tops my list for POS coins, followed very closely by HyperStake. Hyp is a very different beast, and very HARD to stake. I shan't discuss that here, as it's out of place. I also like TRK and Version 2, but it's mainly because of their Dev, noise23. At this moment, they don't have great markets. TRK is rising pretty well, though, and might be that latecomer that surprises everyone. Vegas really likes Orbit, I have no experience with it. NXT scares me, but it has done well.

All in all, when I have spare BTC, I buy TEK ahead of all others.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Pls dump a bit more, i wanna buy-in Smiley

So how much interest will i effectivly get at the moment ?

Greetins

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Wow, what a dump. I see PoS diff very low recently, that must be the reason. What I don't understand is the fact PoS diff does not go up after so many stakes. Tek has not had 40% stake a long, long time ago.
The only thing I dislike with Tek is unlimited number of coins, this is very unusual in Crypto. Maybe the dev can look at this to change in one of future forks.

Ivan , what is your problem with Tek? You wouldnt like it if one of the devs from Tek came into the dmd thread and started to FUD. I am a holder of both DMD and Tek, so please stop the FUD here. Tek is a great coin as DMD is. If you dont like Tek, thats fine, keep it to yourself. Tek is a brilliant coin with an honest dev and an honest community as dmd is. If your looking to fud, go fud all those crap new scam coins out there, there are lots. Dont hurt a respected mature coin like tek. Thank you.

Vegas

I have no problem with TEK. Pls let us not go into that discussion again since I also hold both coins and neither of them looks great ATM.
I was not spreading any FUD, I just posted facts.

Activity: 729
Merit: 251
Pls dump a bit more, i wanna buy-in Smiley

So how much interest will i effectivly get at the moment ?

btw. do u guys like Philosopher Stones (PHS) also?

Greetins
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Wow, what a dump. I see PoS diff very low recently, that must be the reason. What I don't understand is the fact PoS diff does not go up after so many stakes. Tek has not had 40% stake a long, long time ago.
The only thing I dislike with Tek is unlimited number of coins, this is very unusual in Crypto. Maybe the dev can look at this to change in one of future forks.

Ivan , what is your problem with Tek? You wouldnt like it if one of the devs from Tek came into the dmd thread and started to FUD. I am a holder of both DMD and Tek, so please stop the FUD here. Tek is a great coin as DMD is. If you dont like Tek, thats fine, keep it to yourself. Tek is a brilliant coin with an honest dev and an honest community as dmd is. If your looking to fud, go fud all those crap new scam coins out there, there are lots. Dont hurt a respected mature coin like tek. Thank you.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 994
Cool got some cheap TEK and made it in the richlist Smiley
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

You're mistaken, Ivan. Almost all PoS coins are unlimited supply. It was apparently unintentional in Sunny King's original code, but I can't think of any PoS coin that actually has an upper limit. Not even NXT, and it didn't come from Peercoin code. TEK has a limit on mining, I believe, but not minting. I might be wrong on the former as well.
legendary
Activity: 1148
thanks for the cheap TEK this morning
legendary

does your hardware miner have limited amount of GH it will mine?
its the same with tek..

The price ll come back, I have doubt about it. But seeing this PoS diff drops so much means someone with a lot of blocks either stopped staking or combined many blocks together.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250

does your hardware miner have limited amount of GH it will mine?
its the same with tek..
legendary
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
TEK pos diff 0.00007766   Smiley

Lucky me I caught the Tek POS at 0.000067.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Yep my wallet finally woke up. Wink

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 938
TEK pos diff 0.00007766   Smiley
Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Which console commands are you interested in?

The command "help" will list all available commands. Otherwise most console commands are listed here with a bit more detail. Unless your looking for ppc/tek specific commands

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

Your post reminded me of something:
New TEK/CAD pairing on cryptsy.ca. Think I'll put something in there to get things started.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

Is there somewhere I can find good docs on the use of the console commands?

Which console commands are you interested in?

The command "help" will list all available commands. Otherwise most console commands are listed here with a bit more detail. Unless your looking for ppc/tek specific commands

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list
legendary
Activity: 1092
Some may find this data useful.  Waited 83.5 days, plus or minus 0.2 days for 4 nearly equal blocks totalling 84332.729317 TEK.  I unlocked at 0.00011786 PoS difficulty.  I wound up with 166304.8897 TEK.  My simple slope-based formula between 35% and 40% told me my return should be 36.79% but I got equivalent of 34.92% (extrapolated from 30 days to 83.5 days).  That's pretty close to what I predicted, except I was hoping it would be compounded and not just extrapolated.  Still, much better than I would have got compounding the low returns available lately.  Can't complain.

Your Timing is better than mine, been hitting ~20% every month.

Cool
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Thank you Sir
I'll try that, strange console shows No errors

Why is it that some coin's have no block and chainstate etc folders?

different codebases. They're all based loosely on bitcoin, but they don't all store data in the same manner.

Also, if you haven't already started the bootstrap process, it might be faster to reindex. It's a command line switch, not console. You put Tekcoin-qt -reindex as the launch. In windows, the easiest way to do this AND have an icon to do it again if needed is to create a shortcut to the Tekcoin-qt.exe file, then rightclick on the new shortcut, and add -reindex to the command line. Save it with some name that will let you know it's the one that reindexes Cheesy

In linux terminal it's even easier. If it's in your path, Tecoin-qt -reindex. If it's not, go to the directory it's in and ./Tekcoin-qt -reindex.

All of this is assuming you use the GUI. For the daemon, it's all the same except it's Tekcoind instead of Tekcoin-qt.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Some may find this data useful.  Waited 83.5 days, plus or minus 0.2 days for 4 nearly equal blocks totalling 84332.729317 TEK.  I unlocked at 0.00011786 PoS difficulty.  I wound up with 166304.8897 TEK.  My simple slope-based formula between 35% and 40% told me my return should be 36.79% but I got equivalent of 34.92% (extrapolated from 30 days to 83.5 days).  That's pretty close to what I predicted, except I was hoping it would be compounded and not just extrapolated.  Still, much better than I would have got compounding the low returns available lately.  Can't complain.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Thank you Sir
I'll try that, strange console shows No errors

Why is it that some coin's have no block and chainstate etc folders?

--------------
OK I had a backup from ~June and it's working fine no reindex needed..
I noticed another coin had the same problem and it had the other data base and had to do reindex.
It was also showing "misbehaving node" but it was just that my wallet was old and needed update..
Jump to: