Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 135. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I'm not able to run the wallet. After that notification it crashes. Looking in the AppData\Roaming\tekcoin folder I have deleted the "blkindex.dat", but that doesn't resolve the issue. I have tried to delete everything, except wallet.dat, and have file "blk0001.dat" that will not allow me to delete it. So at this point I'm about to safe mode and scrub the .dat file.

Make a copy of wallet.dat and tekcoin.conf, put them in a safe place.

Reboot to make sure that all wallet processes are stopped.

Delete EVERYTHING in the tekcoin folder.

copy wallet.dat and tekcoin.conf to the folder

restart the tekcoin-qt client.

last step? Wait. A while. It can take several hours to sync Tongue There is also a bootstrap available which will shorten the time. I personally favor syncing from zero, but I'm paranoid. Your mileage may vary on that Cheesy

This fixed it. I had to pull the HDD to delete the "blk0001.dat" file, but now its doing its thing. Thanks.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Apparently HYP had a security problem with PoS.  Anything that can affect TEK?

Time drift perimeter allowed someone to tweak the wallet and stake into the future, giving them an advantage. Presstab's beta fix had an unintended side effect of lowering overall POS difficulty thus creating many extra coins. The recent hard fork apparently corrected the issue.

TEK traditionally, or rather lately, has much lower stake difficulty, so there's no real advantage to staking in the future. However, a patch to this vulnerability should be included in the next fork. And I hope to see "unlock for staking only" command in the GUI menu as well.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Probably. Once Presstab's code is fully tested, I am going to talk to him about how to implement it in tek. Not sure I have sufficient skill, but if I do, I'll let y'all know. even sans the vulnerability, it will be nice to have more efficient CPU usage for staking.
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Activity: 333
The issue has been resolved.
It was a sendmail problem.
Altcoinpool now sends out confirmations as it should

Bob.
Activity: 10
Anyone else having trouble editing your settings on the tekcoin.altcoinpool.us site or is just me?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
I'm not able to run the wallet. After that notification it crashes. Looking in the AppData\Roaming\tekcoin folder I have deleted the "blkindex.dat", but that doesn't resolve the issue. I have tried to delete everything, except wallet.dat, and have file "blk0001.dat" that will not allow me to delete it. So at this point I'm about to safe mode and scrub the .dat file.

Make a copy of wallet.dat and tekcoin.conf, put them in a safe place.

Reboot to make sure that all wallet processes are stopped.

Delete EVERYTHING in the tekcoin folder.

copy wallet.dat and tekcoin.conf to the folder

restart the tekcoin-qt client.

last step? Wait. A while. It can take several hours to sync Tongue There is also a bootstrap available which will shorten the time. I personally favor syncing from zero, but I'm paranoid. Your mileage may vary on that Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

make sure you close the wallet before deleting
that is why you are getting the error
legendary
Hello all, having an issue with my wallet. current wallet returning an error of "Error loading blkindex.dat" any ideas? its worked fine for months...

Backup your wallet, delete blkindex.dat and let the wallet sync
Hello all, having an issue with my wallet. current wallet returning an error of "Error loading blkindex.dat" any ideas? its worked fine for months...
After a lot of server rebuilding, tekcoin.altcoinpool.us is running again
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Never invest with borrowed coins
http://imgur.com/a/vaeI6

Loving the new wallets , finish staking in under 5 mins , thanks to noise23 +1
Activity: 462
Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD
Have not checked in with this coin for a long long long time. Price has gone way down. But wonder what you would have been compensated with stake over the downfall?
legendary
I want to sell 31k Tek.
Can I just put an order on crypsy?

I don't see why not
Activity: 28
I want to sell 31k Tek.
Can I just put an order on crypsy?
Im rebuilding altcoinpool tonight. Hope to have it running again sometime tomorrow.
It sucks when a vmware system eats itself....
legendary
Activity: 938
buy 120k Tekcoins stake them each month and cover or double the PoW payouts   Smiley
Activity: 145
Are there any good PPS or PROP multi-pools..

because the PPLNS reward system like ispace has is only paying out to one person.. ispace.. and I assume the others are the same.. I know coinking is..

And I'm just assuming ispace is PPLNS based on the fact that when you stop mining your "unconfirmed" dwindles to nothing until your only paid out about 1/4 of what it said. They don't actually advertise their reward method for some reason.....
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Hey Thundertoe, now would be the best time EVER to get an official tekcoin pool working. Ispace are theives, and the rest of the choices dont look any better. Maybe set fees at 2% to help pay to start the pool and then slowly reduce it.

Vegas
Jump to: