Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 131. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
I have wallet v2.2.1.0-gf96a5a-TEK. My last stake was February 26. I synced, same block as explorer http://tek.blockchain.lt, then unlocked my wallet on March 26. My coins are over 30 days old but my unlocked wallet says Not staking you have immature coins.

Is this normal?
Activity: 140
By the by will increase price not have any doubts about that's.... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Code:
addnode=69.197.161.122
addnode=98.71.200.193
addnode=173.21.66.0
addnode=68.106.16.219
addnode=178.33.209.208
addnode=68.224.26.233
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
 need some active nodes
please help me
legendary
Activity: 1372
Anarchy is not chaos.
Hi,

Why does the wallet (2.2.0.0 Windows) try to stake before the block chain is fully downloaded.  I open my wallet every week or so to sync/stake and

when my weight is much greater than the network I have had the block chain fork.  This requires a complete re-download of the chain.  Is this normal

behavior? Huh

lock your wallet and once the sync is complete, unlock it to stake.

or just put a huge reservebalance line in your tekcoin.conf file.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Hi,

Why does the wallet (2.2.0.0 Windows) try to stake before the block chain is fully downloaded.  I open my wallet every week or so to sync/stake and

when my weight is much greater than the network I have had the block chain fork.  This requires a complete re-download of the chain.  Is this normal

behavior? Huh

lock your wallet and once the sync is complete, unlock it to stake.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Hi,

behavior? Huh
legendary
Activity: 938
i like to run repairwallet in the once in awhile just see if it passes "true". you still need to check the chain for things, but  repairwallet has surprised me with some coins in the past.
Activity: 125
Sorry to hear that. You were likely on another fork for a bit there. It was a turbulent time. You may want to try rescan command if you haven't already.

Thanks Dick! Yes, I'll try that. And you might be right - I might have been on another fork - that's what I was thinking. But in that case, I would say that there are other people on the same fork, if my transactions were being confirmed... Hence the last line in my message about checking the block chain... It's the only way I could find out which backup to restore...
Activity: 225
Had a bit of a problem with the wallet (the latest version, as well as the version before it)... THANKFULLY I'd backup up my old wallet at the start of November last year...

Seems that I've been able to stake successfully for the last few months, to the point where I felt I had enough to start moving some into Cryptsy, which I tried to do last night. The coins never turned up, despite being successfully confirmed. The same story with ALL my post-November stake, which I religiously updated every 30 days. So we're talking December, January, February and yesterday. There was NO indication that anything was wrong - until I tried to move some TEK into my Cryptsy account. Bear in mind as well that to consolidate my coins, I would use the coin control to pay them to another address that I have registered in the same wallet on a monthly basis.

Turns out that NONE of the post-November transactions which appeared in my wallet appeared in the block list, DESPITE all the confirmations.

Apparently, and completely unknown to me, none of these transactions were visible in the online block chain - so the online block chain was telling one story, and my wallet was telling another.

I've had to restore my wallet.dat file from AUGUST and re-sychronise everything, and where I'd started out with 15.6k TEK and thought I had almost 60k last night, it now turns out I only have 40k. I've lost 20k TEK because of this. If the original stake hadn't gone through, or the wallet had told me that the confirmations weren't valid, I could have resolved the issue sooner, but it didn't. So while the maximum stake is 90 days, I've probably lost almost 40 days' worth. So I'm NOT too happy about that.

There's probably nothing I can do about it now, which is irritating, so for every one else's benefit, MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK THE BLOCK CHAIN!!!

Sorry to hear that. You were likely on another fork for a bit there. It was a turbulent time. You may want to try rescan command if you haven't already.
Activity: 145
Whats up with the wallet? I've downloaded the latest release and it wont connect.

Windows download. Says Error loading BlockIndex.dat
Activity: 125
Had a bit of a problem with the wallet (the latest version, as well as the version before it)... THANKFULLY I'd backup up my old wallet at the start of November last year...

Seems that I've been able to stake successfully for the last few months, to the point where I felt I had enough to start moving some into Cryptsy, which I tried to do last night. The coins never turned up, despite being successfully confirmed. The same story with ALL my post-November stake, which I religiously updated every 30 days. So we're talking December, January, February and yesterday. There was NO indication that anything was wrong - until I tried to move some TEK into my Cryptsy account. Bear in mind as well that to consolidate my coins, I would use the coin control to pay them to another address that I have registered in the same wallet on a monthly basis.

Turns out that NONE of the post-November transactions which appeared in my wallet appeared in the block list, DESPITE all the confirmations.

Apparently, and completely unknown to me, none of these transactions were visible in the online block chain - so the online block chain was telling one story, and my wallet was telling another.

I've had to restore my wallet.dat file from AUGUST and re-sychronise everything, and where I'd started out with 15.6k TEK and thought I had almost 60k last night, it now turns out I only have 40k. I've lost 20k TEK because of this. If the original stake hadn't gone through, or the wallet had told me that the confirmations weren't valid, I could have resolved the issue sooner, but it didn't. So while the maximum stake is 90 days, I've probably lost almost 40 days' worth. So I'm NOT too happy about that.

There's probably nothing I can do about it now, which is irritating, so for every one else's benefit, MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK THE BLOCK CHAIN!!!
legendary
Activity: 938
one way of delaying the stake. you can set really high reservebalance in the conf, then your wallet wont just start auto staking when you open it. once open just type reservebalance false in the console to let it stake. when you restart the wallet it will auto default back to reservebalance true and not stake till give command.
Activity: 364
Whats up with the wallet? I've downloaded the latest release and it wont connect.

?? version 2.2? If so, I would suspect either a firewall issue or a corrupt download. It works good. I've not personally used the Windows version, but for Linux it's good, and Noise23 compiled it for windows as well.

I use the windows version and it seems to work fine for me, like every wallet I use, syncing up and getting the block chain up to date is slow but I have that problem with them all, I probably run too many wallets on one computer though, so tend to think it is probably just my issue.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Anarchy is not chaos.

?? version 2.2? If so, I would suspect either a firewall issue or a corrupt download. It works good. I've not personally used the Windows version, but for Linux it's good, and Noise23 compiled it for windows as well.
Activity: 145

As a back up to the .dat back up, run this command in the console:
dumpprivkey
The output is your private key for that address from which you can recover coins in a fresh wallet. Use importprivkey .
However, I advise you to store these keys separate from an internet-connected computer.

My private key is in my pants. Rather large, but well hidden. My chick likes me to export my private key repeatedly into her USB port.

Was I too provocative?
Activity: 192
Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Couple of things to try before doing anything radical. Given the limited information you gave us, I may be treading ground you already have covered.

First, if you haven't already done this, exit the client. File ->exit if you are using Qt, or Tekcoind stop if you're using the daemon. (Tekcoind.exe for windows, I think. I use Ubuntu for the most part)
Then restart it and see if it's working. If that don't get it, try to get some of the nodes listed in the thread. In the console, it's addnode add. Or just put addnode= in your tekcoin.conf file.

If none of that works, first, make damn sure you have a good backup of your wallet.dat file, and your tekcoin.conf file if present, then delete everything in the data file. Either download the latest bootstrap and put it in your data directory, or just sync from zero. First way is faster, second is safer (in theory). Copy your tekcoin.conf file back in, launch the client and let it sync. When it's fully synced, delete the new wallet.dat file and copy your old one in, again restarting the client.

I'll be available tomorrow (friday) at least part of the time if you need further help. Just PM me. Or Thundertoe, or Noise23 Cheesy In fact, quite a few people in the thread can help you if they're willing. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated.  
On another note, it looks like my coins did stake, but the wallet is still out of sync and the staked coins have not moved to my balance yet.

If your wallet did stake while out of sync there is no other option but to delete blockchain files and re-sync from the scratch.
Never stake on unsynced blockchain - wallet will go to its own fork and will be unable to sync with the network.

Will do.  I don't know what happened but I'll back up my wallet and try again.  Thanks for all the help guys
Please make sure wallet is not staking while syncing. I'd suggest to encrypt the wallet and unlock it for pos only when synced, or sync with a new empty wallet.

Yes, take heed to this as this will mess up your wallet everytime. Sync first then stake. All good.

dumpprivkey
The output is your private key for that address from which you can recover coins in a fresh wallet. Use importprivkey .
However, I advise you to store these keys separate from an internet-connected computer.

My private key is in my pants. Rather large, but well hidden. My chick likes me to export my private key repeatedly into her USB port.
Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Couple of things to try before doing anything radical. Given the limited information you gave us, I may be treading ground you already have covered.

First, if you haven't already done this, exit the client. File ->exit if you are using Qt, or Tekcoind stop if you're using the daemon. (Tekcoind.exe for windows, I think. I use Ubuntu for the most part)
Then restart it and see if it's working. If that don't get it, try to get some of the nodes listed in the thread. In the console, it's addnode add. Or just put addnode= in your tekcoin.conf file.

If none of that works, first, make damn sure you have a good backup of your wallet.dat file, and your tekcoin.conf file if present, then delete everything in the data file. Either download the latest bootstrap and put it in your data directory, or just sync from zero. First way is faster, second is safer (in theory). Copy your tekcoin.conf file back in, launch the client and let it sync. When it's fully synced, delete the new wallet.dat file and copy your old one in, again restarting the client.

I'll be available tomorrow (friday) at least part of the time if you need further help. Just PM me. Or Thundertoe, or Noise23 Cheesy In fact, quite a few people in the thread can help you if they're willing. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated.  
On another note, it looks like my coins did stake, but the wallet is still out of sync and the staked coins have not moved to my balance yet.

If your wallet did stake while out of sync there is no other option but to delete blockchain files and re-sync from the scratch.
Never stake on unsynced blockchain - wallet will go to its own fork and will be unable to sync with the network.

Will do.  I don't know what happened but I'll back up my wallet and try again.  Thanks for all the help guys
Please make sure wallet is not staking while syncing. I'd suggest to encrypt the wallet and unlock it for pos only when synced, or sync with a new empty wallet.

Yes, take heed to this as this will mess up your wallet everytime. Sync first then stake. All good.

dumpprivkey
Activity: 298
Hi! Noise.. can you please give the link for the latest release (where we can unlock for stake only) //dont see this options in the OP latest release.
Thank you ..peace
Jump to: