Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 132. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Couple of things to try before doing anything radical. Given the limited information you gave us, I may be treading ground you already have covered.

First, if you haven't already done this, exit the client. File ->exit if you are using Qt, or Tekcoind stop if you're using the daemon. (Tekcoind.exe for windows, I think. I use Ubuntu for the most part)
Then restart it and see if it's working. If that don't get it, try to get some of the nodes listed in the thread. In the console, it's addnode add. Or just put addnode= in your tekcoin.conf file.

If none of that works, first, make damn sure you have a good backup of your wallet.dat file, and your tekcoin.conf file if present, then delete everything in the data file. Either download the latest bootstrap and put it in your data directory, or just sync from zero. First way is faster, second is safer (in theory). Copy your tekcoin.conf file back in, launch the client and let it sync. When it's fully synced, delete the new wallet.dat file and copy your old one in, again restarting the client.

I'll be available tomorrow (friday) at least part of the time if you need further help. Just PM me. Or Thundertoe, or Noise23 Cheesy In fact, quite a few people in the thread can help you if they're willing. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated.  
On another note, it looks like my coins did stake, but the wallet is still out of sync and the staked coins have not moved to my balance yet.

If your wallet did stake while out of sync there is no other option but to delete blockchain files and re-sync from the scratch.
Never stake on unsynced blockchain - wallet will go to its own fork and will be unable to sync with the network.

Will do.  I don't know what happened but I'll back up my wallet and try again.  Thanks for all the help guys
Please make sure wallet is not staking while syncing. I'd suggest to encrypt the wallet and unlock it for pos only when synced, or sync with a new empty wallet.

Yes, take heed to this as this will mess up your wallet everytime. Sync first then stake. All good.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Couple of things to try before doing anything radical. Given the limited information you gave us, I may be treading ground you already have covered.

First, if you haven't already done this, exit the client. File ->exit if you are using Qt, or Tekcoind stop if you're using the daemon. (Tekcoind.exe for windows, I think. I use Ubuntu for the most part)
Then restart it and see if it's working. If that don't get it, try to get some of the nodes listed in the thread. In the console, it's addnode add. Or just put addnode= in your tekcoin.conf file.

If none of that works, first, make damn sure you have a good backup of your wallet.dat file, and your tekcoin.conf file if present, then delete everything in the data file. Either download the latest bootstrap and put it in your data directory, or just sync from zero. First way is faster, second is safer (in theory). Copy your tekcoin.conf file back in, launch the client and let it sync. When it's fully synced, delete the new wallet.dat file and copy your old one in, again restarting the client.

I'll be available tomorrow (friday) at least part of the time if you need further help. Just PM me. Or Thundertoe, or Noise23 Cheesy In fact, quite a few people in the thread can help you if they're willing. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated.  
On another note, it looks like my coins did stake, but the wallet is still out of sync and the staked coins have not moved to my balance yet.

If your wallet did stake while out of sync there is no other option but to delete blockchain files and re-sync from the scratch.
Never stake on unsynced blockchain - wallet will go to its own fork and will be unable to sync with the network.

Will do.  I don't know what happened but I'll back up my wallet and try again.  Thanks for all the help guys
Please make sure wallet is not staking while syncing. I'd suggest to encrypt the wallet and unlock it for pos only when synced, or sync with a new empty wallet.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

legendary
Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated. 

Hey guys my wallet seems to be stuck on block 817956 and has been for a few days.  I have wallet version 2.2.1.0.  Never had this happen before, so any help would be appreciated.  First post on BCT but been a Tek supporter for awhile now  Grin

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I already tried exiting and restarting, but it's still stuck in limbo.  Also it looks like I have a weak connection to the network, and have never had that before.  I will try some of the nodes tonight and see if that gets er done.  If I'm still having trouble I'll PM you, and the advice is much appreciated. 
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
What is 260th?
a whole lot of mining power. 260 Terrahash on a network that is normally 20 Terrahash or thereabouts. Someone briefly owned the POW chain.
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
What is 260th?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Egads! Someone just threw 260th at tekcoin.

That will kill the difficulty for a minute...

without POS, that would be a serious problem.

PoS difficulty is through the roof it is at 0.01337379 I wonder what is the % on that level
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

That will kill the difficulty for a minute...

without POS, that would be a serious problem.
Activity: 333
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Yes, seems a little erratic at times for sure. Maybe too excited or just pissed off drunk posts?Huh Who knows. Hard to tell for sure.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
is it a Mac OS X version? or just the source?

He has built Windows, Mac, Linux. All work great.

Who is "he"? It's not me.

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO SAY THAT??? WHY ARE YOU NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT NOW? IT WORKS GREAT AND YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU WOULD RELEASE IT ONCE I TESTED IT. I TESTED IT AND NOW YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT??? WTF MAN?HuhHuh??

What are you talking about?? I have no idea who you are and never had any conversation with you.
Again, the latest wallet version is 2.2.1.0, beware of the pre-built "new" wallets from unknown source.

well in this case i would say ban him till its sorted out , tek is still in recovery , thundertoe pls take action , biomech help

I saw this stuff yesterday. I was going to ask Noise what was going on, since I usually am part of the testing of any new wallet. Since he's already responded, I'll just second that notion!

Don't know nothin' about it, but I would very much suspect malware. HYPster, I REALLY SERIOUSLY recommend you turn OFF that wallet, fire up the correct one, and send ALL your coins to a new wallet ASAP, because it's likely someone has your private keys. Also anyone else that got sucked in. If you can, build from source in a VM and make a new wallet altogether, then send your coins in your preferred block groupings to the new wallet. then, once it's certain that you have them all, make a backup of your old wallet.dat just for the sake of safety, and NEVER use it again.

Read his prior posts.  He's making up trite lies in an attempt to stir up hype or an even worse phishing attempt. 

He's been ok sometimes and crazy others. I assume the positive until I have to do otherwise Tongue He seems more like a super excited kid to me than a troll.
Activity: 34

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO SAY THAT??? WHY ARE YOU NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT NOW? IT WORKS GREAT AND YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU WOULD RELEASE IT ONCE I TESTED IT. I TESTED IT AND NOW YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RELEASE IT??? WTF MAN?HuhHuh??

What are you talking about?? I have no idea who you are and never had any conversation with you.
Again, the latest wallet version is 2.2.1.0, beware of the pre-built "new" wallets from unknown source.

well in this case i would say ban him till its sorted out , tek is still in recovery , thundertoe pls take action , biomech help

I saw this stuff yesterday. I was going to ask Noise what was going on, since I usually am part of the testing of any new wallet. Since he's already responded, I'll just second that notion!

Don't know nothin' about it, but I would very much suspect malware. HYPster, I REALLY SERIOUSLY recommend you turn OFF that wallet, fire up the correct one, and send ALL your coins to a new wallet ASAP, because it's likely someone has your private keys. Also anyone else that got sucked in. If you can, build from source in a VM and make a new wallet altogether, then send your coins in your preferred block groupings to the new wallet. then, once it's certain that you have them all, make a backup of your old wallet.dat just for the sake of safety, and NEVER use it again.

Read his prior posts.  He's making up trite lies in an attempt to stir up hype or an even worse phishing attempt. 
Activity: 145
Downloaded the wallet, cant get it to work.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Just found out he's been pushing the same "new walet" crap with SILK and probably some other coins. Smells like malware.

My guess is he is fishing for people to message him for the fake wallets ~ Be careful

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
stake difficulty is going up
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

legendary

Just found out he's been pushing the same "new walet" crap with SILK and probably some other coins. Smells like malware.
Jump to: