Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 144. (Read 446058 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
So how did we end up with a fork?  was going perfectly...

"we" did not end up on a fork, i am not on a fork are you? check your blockcount it should match http://tek.blockchain.lt/

some people had trouble sycnhing or staying synched to the correct chain and ended up on a fork, others may have not upgraded  since the "Mandatory" update and are on a fork since before that point and still are.

Use the most recent release, Tekcoin Version 2.2.1 it should be very stable

I never had a fork problem... just didn't realize that a fork happened... I'm just happily rolling along.  upgrading to 2.2.1 right now.

lol it seems like a rash or something never really went away 100% and spreads by contact  Cheesy but hopefully with this latest release we have the immunization.
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

"we" did not end up on a fork, i am not on a fork are you? check your blockcount it should match http://tek.blockchain.lt/

some people had trouble sycnhing or staying synched to the correct chain and ended up on a fork, others may have not upgraded  since the "Mandatory" update and are on a fork since before that point and still are.

I never had a fork problem... just didn't realize that a fork happened... I'm just happily rolling along.  upgrading to 2.2.1 right now.
legendary

legendary
So how did we end up with a fork?  was going perfectly...
legendary
Activity: 1148
I downloaded the latest wallet, it said It could not read the blkindex.

Should I delete it, and let it download it?
Looks like your blockchain files get damaged for some reason, just delete it and re-sync using the directions from my post above.

I resynced using the bootstap you sent me previously

can someone tell me what is the stake difficulty it is showing 0.00006130
Is that correct?

yes

PoS difficulty" : 0.00006103,

Thanks
legendary

Looks like your blockchain files get damaged for some reason, just delete it and re-sync using the directions from my post above.

Is that correct?

yes

PoS difficulty" : 0.00006103,
legendary

Is that correct?
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
I down loaded and installed the latest wallet ( v2.2.1.0-gf96a5a-TEK ) everything went well until I reached Fri 5. Dec 02:39:56 2014, it has stopped and will not get past this date and time, it has been stuck for the past 6 hours.

I tried putting these into a tekcoin.conf file

connect=69.197.161.122
connect=104.193.43.106
connect=104.218.234.124
connect=104.218.234.125
connect=199.233.245.36

This was about an hour ago and nothing has happened I am still stuck at Fri 5. Dec 02:39:56 2014 and the wallet will not sync past this date.

Anybody got any ideas on how to get past this?

Thanks.

Syncing is stuck because your wallet got some blocks from the forked node. You have to delete blockchain files and re-sync from the scratch with correct nodes.
The fastest way is:

1. Download TEK bootstrap.dat -  http://richlist.truckcoin.net/tekbootstrap.zip
2. Delete old blockchain files and peers.dat
2. Unzip bootstrap.dat to the tekcoin data directory (where wallet.dat is).
3. In the same directory create tekcoin.conf file with the following lines:
Code:
connect=69.197.161.122
connect=104.193.43.106
connect=104.218.234.124
connect=104.218.234.125
connect=199.233.245.36
4. Start the wallet. It will import blockchain from bootstrap.dat (will take some time, at least 2-3 hours).
5. (IMPORTANT!) When fully synced, change tekcoin.conf lines from "connect=" to "addnode=" and restart the wallet.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I down loaded and installed the latest wallet ( v2.2.1.0-gf96a5a-TEK ) everything went well until I reached Fri 5. Dec 02:39:56 2014, it has stopped and will not get past this date and time, it has been stuck for the past 6 hours.

I tried putting these into a tekcoin.conf file

connect=69.197.161.122
connect=104.193.43.106
connect=104.218.234.124
connect=104.218.234.125
connect=199.233.245.36

This was about an hour ago and nothing has happened I am still stuck at Fri 5. Dec 02:39:56 2014 and the wallet will not sync past this date.

Anybody got any ideas on how to get past this?

Thanks.

legendary

legendary
you could take the stake rate to zero, if you dont bring in new people and money through promotion then price will still keep falling. My stance is the rate is fine, promotion is lacking.

I sit on the most active exchanges and rarely see anyone mention TEK, i keep bringing it up everyday but more would be merrier.  We need more people plugging TEK each day, it could be very effective marketing at cryptsy and poloniex, chat bats see that TEK has tons of users promoting,explaining,hyping it.

"edited for less negative pre-coffee rawr"

Comkort tweeted that tekcoin is under investigation , ask them about what , no reply yet! What going on?

Probably because there is no volume for the coin... no volume = no revenue for the exchange = why should they keep it?
legendary
Actually, I like blowing up the block chain every month or so and re-downloading just to make sure everything is kosher Smiley  But that's because I'm a nut.
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Never invest with borrowed coins
you could take the stake rate to zero, if you dont bring in new people and money through promotion then price will still keep falling. My stance is the rate is fine, promotion is lacking.

I sit on the most active exchanges and rarely see anyone mention TEK, i keep bringing it up everyday but more would be merrier.  We need more people plugging TEK each day, it could be very effective marketing at cryptsy and poloniex, chat bats see that TEK has tons of users promoting,explaining,hyping it.

Comkort tweeted that tekcoin is under investigation , ask them about what , no reply yet! What going on?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
FYI:
Cryptsy has Tek Wallet in Maintenance Mode.

Cool

slight update on this. It's being upgraded to the newest version. Some of the Cryptsy staff were made aware of the new git push while it was happening. There were (and probably still are) several nodes connected to a fork. While they do not cause the whole network to fork because of checkpointing, they can cause connection problems. So, if you are resynching for any reason, it's a good idea to take the nodes that Noise23 posted and put them in your tekcoin.conf file. WHILE SYNCHING, these nodes should be put in as "connect=".

Once fully synched and in tune with the block explorer (give it ten minutes as it updates every four), then change those to "addnode= and restart your client. This will make sure you're on the right chain until fully synched, and then will only discover peers that are correctly synched.
legendary
Activity: 1092
FYI:
Cryptsy has Tek Wallet in Maintenance Mode.

Cool
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
from Noise23

compiled a new windows wallet - http://tekcoin.uk/tekcoin-2.2.1.0.zip
also put up wallet download page at http://tekcoin.uk/

Kiss thank you sir!

What say you sir??? What is new? And thanks!!!
legendary
from Noise23

"compiled a new windows wallet - http://tekcoin.uk/tekcoin-2.2.1.0.zip
also put up wallet download page at http://tekcoin.uk/ "

Kiss thank you sir!
Activity: 298
Merit: 250

I sit on the most active exchanges and rarely see anyone mention TEK, i keep bringing it up everyday but more would be merrier.  We need more people plugging TEK each day, it could be very effective marketing at cryptsy and poloniex, chat bats see that TEK has tons of users promoting,explaining,hyping it.

I dont buy becouse someone in the trollbox mentioned it..things must talk for them selfs!
WHY TEKcoin? - it does "virtually" all that "cloud hashing mining contracts" do, but with TEKcoin I hold it all secure + no need to rent or buy hashpower somwhere and trust that it is real.. TEKcoin has the same properties that Bitcoin does.. so its not any different (tecknically) they even share the same sha256 algo.. So then I need place to sell it at any time and buy more if I want.. but dont have to go the centralized way to cloud datacenters, tekcoin also cant be 51% attacked
For me TEKcoin is trading open at exchanges - so it is already at the market
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
At tompool we are listed as totally forked . Could some one tell him to update and remove negative comments , I have tried but he just ignore me. Or ask him to remove tek from his mining pool . And I think the 40% need to be reduce , look at ppc pays 1% and still many followers and price is in good range , I think tek is better . For the good of tek and improve price we need to do something . Tek devs , your input on this is needed greatly . Thanks

If you study PPC price graph, they too are down greatly from last year, as are many mature coins. Everyone's fighting for mindshare, and sentiment seems to favour short-term profits -- look how much money has piled into XPY. TEK is a long-term investor's coin, and I think we need to really emphasize that.

Assets we have are maturity of the coin, relative rarity, a good wallet (now), honest and committed developer, a loyal core group of investors, and of course the unique and attractive staking reward.

Problems we have might be attributed to the general depression of crypto-currencies, our relative obscurity, low liquidity and utility, a smallish community, almost no promotion, and competition from other high-stake coins. Though, the latter might be an asset. (TEK, being the first high-stake coin, was often accused of being distructively inflationary.)  Also, I believe the risks and general complexity of managing a staking wallet are scaring away many non-technical investors . Perhaps an Electrum-like, easy-to-use wallet for desktop and mobile would lower the barrier of entry. Partnering with a coin processor may encourage further trade.

Above all, I think it imperative that we don't make drastic changes to the coin in search of quick returns. It will only undermine long-term confidence. The switch to NVCS, while necessary, was clearly disruptive. I believe we still yet have not fully recovered from it. But if we maintain the foundation of TEK, add features where practical, and actively promote our strengths and chip away at the weaknesses, we'll see confidence and participation rise and realize gains in the future. Patience is the key word here, friends. Cheers.
Jump to: