Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 176. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
I was looking to solo mine with my 3 antminer s1's, but couldn't even get the antminer to see the tekcoin client. Then I thought about setting up a private pool, php based?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Actually I am a huge POS fan, and try to hold all the highest POS coins in largest amounts possible. My plan with Tek was mine and stake..if only there was a pool.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

[/quote]

I love this coin, and have tried to mine it on so many pools, and the results are HORRIBLE, even with an Antminer S2 1Th/s. So, Im not short on hash power. At this moment hamster pool has most of the net hashrate, but that pool is beyond unstable, and either disconnects or constantly drops to 300-500 gh/s.  Ive tried coinking.io, but theres no hash, Tried the german pool (http://ppl.port-x.de/php-mpos/public/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool) with 1 ths got about 1 coin an hour. Just checked their stats again and they are averaging 8 min for 1 round, and you have to split that with 2.5th of miners.  So I gave up. It really sucks because this coin could be one of the greats. Its needs a strong stable NOMP pool "official" Tekcoin pool, and a place on Bittrex and it will go to the moon. I have only 585 coins, but will donate them all to the dev if these 2 things happen!!  Its a damn shame.. one of my favorite coins too, but no good place to mine. We need a solid Nomp pool BAD as these work best with Asics Sad

So, the question is WHERE is it profitable to mine this coin? I think at this moment , nowhere. We BADLY need our own official pool, and take away the hash from hamsters. This will bring income BACK to the tek devs.

Update : Just checked a few sources and it says nethash; 25,627.13 GH/s . Its not on hamster , they have about 2ths, germans dont have it, they are at 2.5ths, Coin king is 0ghz. Any ideas guys?

Vegas

[/quote]

I agree A nice pool is always a good thing.

Regardless of the pool if you are mining Tek directly for profit only, you are likely not going to get great results. Tek can be mined with the same gear as bitcoin so when http://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/sha-256 shows Tek at highest profitability miners auto switch on scripts or using a multipool, and then.. Tekcoin adjust difficulty every block so in a very short time they raise the diff and its no longer very profitable. The Tekcoin diff rises 2x as fast as it comes down so your best option is to multipool mine/dump and buy Tek stake/sell. This system allows chain support and distribution through pow but encourages energy efficient staking.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
I get the following error from NOMP:
rpc error with daemon instance 0 when submitting block with submitblock {"code":-22,"message":"Block decode failed"}

I get the following error in debug.log:
ThreadRPCServer method=submitblock

******* exception encountered *******
./tekcoind[0x133084]
./tekcoind[0x29224]
./tekcoind[0x2cce0]
./tekcoind[0xfa5c0]
./tekcoind[0xf3704]
./tekcoind[0xc3d18]
./tekcoind[0xc6d78]
./tekcoind[0x134f30]
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so.1.50.0(+0xe528)[0xb6ecb528]

Why?HuhHuh??

Have any of the pools been able to mine this? A technical dude I know wanted to mine TEK for fun and said he couldn't get it to work either.

I love this coin, and have tried to mine it on so many pools, and the results are HORRIBLE, even with an Antminer S2 1Th/s. So, Im not short on hash power. At this moment hamster pool has most of the net hashrate, but that pool is beyond unstable, and either disconnects or constantly drops to 300-500 gh/s.  Ive tried coinking.io, but theres no hash, Tried the german pool (http://ppl.port-x.de/php-mpos/public/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool) with 1 ths got about 1 coin an hour. Just checked their stats again and they are averaging 8 min for 1 round, and you have to split that with 2.5th of miners.  So I gave up. It really sucks because this coin could be one of the greats. Its needs a strong stable NOMP pool "official" Tekcoin pool, and a place on Bittrex and it will go to the moon. I have only 585 coins, but will donate them all to the dev if these 2 things happen!!  Its a damn shame.. one of my favorite coins too, but no good place to mine. We need a solid Nomp pool BAD as these work best with Asics Sad

So, the question is WHERE is it profitable to mine this coin? I think at this moment , nowhere. We BADLY need our own official pool, and take away the hash from hamsters. This will bring income BACK to the tek devs.

Update : Just checked a few sources and it says nethash; 25,627.13 GH/s . Its not on hamster , they have about 2ths, germans dont have it, they are at 2.5ths, Coin king is 0ghz. Any ideas guys?

Vegas
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
37.16% stake at 0.000095.  Actually 39.64% but that was after 32 days.
Thanks

If I buy some TEK every day for 30(or until first stake) days to the same wallet address will I get a stake everyday?

you will stake on average once per day... Some days will be twice... some days will be once...  and some days will be none.

It's based on PoS diff and also your coin weight.  It's a good goal to spread out your blocks throughout the 30 day period though.
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
If I buy some TEK every day for 30(or until first stake) days to the same wallet address will I get a stake everyday?

you will stake on average once per day... Some days will be twice... some days will be once...  and some days will be none.

It's based on PoS diff and also your coin weight.  It's a good goal to spread out your blocks throughout the 30 day period though.
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Never invest with borrowed coins
I have some Antminer S3+ coupons (16) .035 BTC discount, I am asking for 100 TEK or 250 HYP each. PM me if interested. You need to have signed up for a Bitmain acct (free)

Thanks

how many of the coupons can i use per s3??
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
rpc error with daemon instance 0 when submitting block with submitblock {"code":-22,"message":"Block decode failed"}

./tekcoind[0x133084]
./tekcoind[0x29224]
./tekcoind[0x2cce0]
./tekcoind[0xfa5c0]
./tekcoind[0xf3704]
./tekcoind[0xc3d18]
./tekcoind[0xc6d78]
./tekcoind[0x134f30]

Why?HuhHuh??

Have any of the pools been able to mine this? A technical dude I know wanted to mine TEK for fun and said he couldn't get it to work either.

NOMP fights with TEK. Also PPC. use the Crypto-expert version of stratum-mining instead, it works. Coinium-serv may work as well. I haven't tested it yet.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

./tekcoind[0x133084]
./tekcoind[0x29224]
./tekcoind[0x2cce0]
./tekcoind[0xfa5c0]
./tekcoind[0xf3704]
./tekcoind[0xc3d18]
./tekcoind[0xc6d78]
./tekcoind[0x134f30]

Why?HuhHuh??
legendary
Activity: 938
We've had some requests to add TEKcoin trading, so we have setup a TEK market at BX.in.th

https://bx.in.th/BTC/TEK/

Would appreciate if you could add us to the list of exchanges in the OP.

Done, thanks!

hopefully we can get some trading going ill drop by the chat see how it is going.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
We've had some requests to add TEKcoin trading, so we have setup a TEK market at BX.in.th

https://bx.in.th/BTC/TEK/

Would appreciate if you could add us to the list of exchanges in the OP.

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Hi dev,

I know it must be hardfork material but isn't 30 days as min stake age a bit too long ? If It's only to add another layer of security to the blockchain ?

Regards,

Flam.

I think it works well. It scares off the casual "let's flip this and dump it" mentality. Staking TEK requires thought and motivation.

I'm also into a rather fast coin, so that's not a dig at anyone, just my take on one of TEK's strengths. The period is fine, and if you want stake more often, you have to plan your blocks accordingly.
Well I can live with 30 days, but maybe TEK would be more of interest to other ppl out there if it would be less ?
Current situation is a bit like going to a bank and get your interest paid after 30 days compared to others where you have to wait less.

Actually a good analogy. I look at it like a Certificate of Deposit, where until it reaches a maturity you gain nothing by touching it, but are much more handsomely rewarded than you would be for, say, an interest bearing checking account. Certainly, it takes longer to get it, but it's a pretty good reward. I think the time to mature is actually a marketing point, rather than a deficit. You put your money into TEK and forget about it while it grows.

POS coins in general require a more long term outlook than other types of trading. This is great for a busy guy like me, I can glance at the client, but I don't have to fuck with it really.
Activity: 461
Hi dev,

I know it must be hardfork material but isn't 30 days as min stake age a bit too long ? If It's only to add another layer of security to the blockchain ?

Regards,

Flam.

I think it works well. It scares off the casual "let's flip this and dump it" mentality. Staking TEK requires thought and motivation.

I'm also into a rather fast coin, so that's not a dig at anyone, just my take on one of TEK's strengths. The period is fine, and if you want stake more often, you have to plan your blocks accordingly.
Well I can live with 30 days, but maybe TEK would be more of interest to other ppl out there if it would be less ?
Current situation is a bit like going to a bank and get your interest paid after 30 days compared to others where you have to wait less.
How come the richlist isn't live results. The information is not up to date.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Hi dev,

Regards,

Flam.

Activity: 433
Hi dev,

Regards,

Flam.
30 days is perfect imo.. with TEK and its 30days stakeinterval ppl have to learn to be (more) patient, if they want to earn interests.
Activity: 368
Hi dev,

Regards,

Flam.
Thanks, just bought coins and wanted to make sure that they will eventually stake. Also thinking of pointing my miners to this coin for POW.

Coins have only been in the wallet for about a day, what should the status page show?

How do you know if your wallet is setup correctly for staking?

It is setup to stake by default.

after your coins are 30 days old you can see they are trying to stake by enabling the coin control options , goto the send coins "coin control" tab, it will show them with a # for stake weight. A zero means the coins are not 30 days old yet, that number will change once they are ready.
Jump to: