Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 199. (Read 446058 times)

m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
what do i do , tekcoin qt detected as virus. do i add to whitelist?
legendary
Activity: 938
Huh Hi people
why does it take so long for Cryptsy to sync with the blockchain??
thanx

i doubt they are even trying to sync, with the upgrades downtime to other higher volume markets, they are going to "get to it" eventually i suppose, but I am going to guess it will be days+ more Sad 
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
 Huh Hi people
why does it take so long for Cryptsy to sync with the blockchain??
thanx
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Never invest with borrowed coins
any body has same problem . antivirus says tekcoin wallet trogen virsu
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
stake weight 0
network stake weight 0
 Huh
Yep I have some over 38 days old  Sad
legendary
Please help My coins are not staking?  what do I need to do? my wallet getinfo

{
"version" : "v2.0.1.0-TEK",
"protocolversion" : 60007,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 162.77893600,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 515619,
"moneysupply" : 2119408.48043800,
"connections" : 6,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "114.109.116.224",
"difficulty" : 440277.31416366,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1401771767,
"keypoolsize" : 104,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""
}

Huh Cry

are they older than 30 days? showing any weight in the cooincontrol area?
Please help My coins are not staking?  what do I need to do? my wallet getinfo

{
"version" : "v2.0.1.0-TEK",
"protocolversion" : 60007,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 162.77893600,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 515619,
"moneysupply" : 2119408.48043800,
"connections" : 6,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "114.109.116.224",
"difficulty" : 440277.31416366,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1401771767,
"keypoolsize" : 104,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""
}

Huh Cry

legendary
trading over at Comkort is working well, volume growing slow but steady. I grabbed some cheap tek myself, the spread was crazy as was the difference in price vs cryptsy atm

i have been able to grab good chunks of TEK at only 11k sats on Comkort, the spread and trading is active. Flips in that spread have been easy profits so far.
legendary
How can I tell if I am on the right fork?

blockheight is 515587+
Activity: 32
How can I tell if I am on the right fork?
Activity: 6
when i ran salavage wallet command i am getting cannot initialize keypool any ideas what is going on?

Where should I type in repair wallet? Is that in the console??

Not sure if this was answered...

Backup your wallet.dat before doing anything!
Help, Debug Console, and checkwallet, if it's not "true", run repairwallet, then restart the client

--o

checkwallet is true

but i still have unconfirmed balance
when i run salvagewallet i get cannot initialize keypool

Lurker n00b here. 

I noticed that I wasn't the only one with the "Cannot Initialize Keypool" issue. 

To make a long story short, the problem is a corrupted wallet.dat file.

No problem if you have a viable backup or private keys laying around.  But if you don't!!!

Lets just say that I know I lost hair over this, but at least I was able to get my TEK back.

This is what I did that finally worked.

>>>I downloaded a fresh copy of the source code and then implemented the following changes:

https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin/commit/360cfe142c552ac5c4d904a1e970390188151ca8

The only problem I had was that had to ghost out part of the coin control in the wallet.cpp in order to get it to compile correctly.

>>>I ghosted lines 1313-1335 in the wallet.cpp file.

Then I deleted the blockchain files in .tekcoin folder.

>>>I then launched the qt with the --salvagewallet option several times so that it would create multiple salvaged wallet files.  I did this a total of three times.

One of the .bak files had Thursdays datestamp and was about 56k in size.

Then I changed the .bak to .dat and went with it.  There was my TEK!!!!

A few hours, the blockchain finished downloading, the txs having been verified.  YES!!

I promptly backed up that wallet... in multiple places and closed the client.

>>>Now I have redownloaded the un-altered source code and re-compiled it.

Just to be on the safe side, I started the qt client with the --rescan option

Everything is still there and as I have been writing this, I even staked a couple of times.

:-)

Can someone please compile this fix for windows?

I'll gladly send the edited source files to who ever can make this available for these Windows guys. 

That said, just understand that this is not an official wallet release and is probably not secure as it defeats the coin control.  If it this works it will allow those with otherwise damaged wallet.dat files to attempt to properly access their pre-fork funds.  I do not propose any code changes as being a permanent solution to any issue until the changes can be properly evaluated.
legendary
Activity: 1148
when i ran salavage wallet command i am getting cannot initialize keypool any ideas what is going on?

Where should I type in repair wallet? Is that in the console??

Not sure if this was answered...

Backup your wallet.dat before doing anything!
Help, Debug Console, and checkwallet, if it's not "true", run repairwallet, then restart the client

--o

checkwallet is true

but i still have unconfirmed balance
when i run salvagewallet i get cannot initialize keypool

Lurker n00b here. 

I noticed that I wasn't the only one with the "Cannot Initialize Keypool" issue. 

To make a long story short, the problem is a corrupted wallet.dat file.

No problem if you have a viable backup or private keys laying around.  But if you don't!!!

Lets just say that I know I lost hair over this, but at least I was able to get my TEK back.

This is what I did that finally worked.

>>>I downloaded a fresh copy of the source code and then implemented the following changes:

https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin/commit/360cfe142c552ac5c4d904a1e970390188151ca8

The only problem I had was that had to ghost out part of the coin control in the wallet.cpp in order to get it to compile correctly.

>>>I ghosted lines 1313-1335 in the wallet.cpp file.

Then I deleted the blockchain files in .tekcoin folder.

>>>I then launched the qt with the --salvagewallet option several times so that it would create multiple salvaged wallet files.  I did this a total of three times.

One of the .bak files had Thursdays datestamp and was about 56k in size.

Then I changed the .bak to .dat and went with it.  There was my TEK!!!!

A few hours, the blockchain finished downloading, the txs having been verified.  YES!!

I promptly backed up that wallet... in multiple places and closed the client.

>>>Now I have redownloaded the un-altered source code and re-compiled it.

Just to be on the safe side, I started the qt client with the --rescan option

Everything is still there and as I have been writing this, I even staked a couple of times.

:-)

Can someone please compile this fix for windows?

legendary
trading over at Comkort is working well, volume growing slow but steady. I grabbed some cheap tek myself, the spread was crazy as was the difference in price vs cryptsy atm
Activity: 370
Merit: 251
so i downloaded the new wallet for the first fix and started staking. I since have deleted the old wallet (and the files, blockchain, etc) and downloaded the newest wallet. I'm about 60% through redownloading the blockchain.

When i imputed my old wallet, it shows only 860 Tek, all of which are unconfirmed. When Tek stopped minting at the end of july, i had around 1400 in my wallet.

Is it probable that the coins in my wallet now are from coins created early in the blockchain? When I download the entire blockchain, will i see all of my coins?

sounds like you should be fine,  maybe a repairwallet or salvagewallet at worst.

you were right! somewhere between 75% and 90% of the block chain being downloaded and my coins arrived. Everything looks good.

Thanks and good work!
Activity: 6
so i downloaded the new wallet for the first fix and started staking. I since have deleted the old wallet (and the files, blockchain, etc) and downloaded the newest wallet. I'm about 60% through redownloading the blockchain.

When i imputed my old wallet, it shows only 860 Tek, all of which are unconfirmed. When Tek stopped minting at the end of july, i had around 1400 in my wallet.

Is it probable that the coins in my wallet now are from coins created early in the blockchain? When I download the entire blockchain, will i see all of my coins?

Mine had about 150 less than the old wallet after staking.  My coin staked during the fork.  That was part of the problem I had encountered. 

I made 34% on new blockchain on top of my old pre-fork amount when everything settled down.

By my math you should get about 1152 and change when you finish up.
legendary
I understand you. Thank you for your answer! Indeed, the speed is not stable and constantly jumping. But will the miner 200 g/hs bring in $ 300 per month?

doubtful even on free elec, the profitability tends to be lower most of the time compared to mining bitcoin. Normally if it is higher it would be noticed on the coinwarz.com and a big pool or miners will start to mine tek, the diff adj quickly bring it back under bitcoin. If you wanted to maximize staking tek for profits longer term, you should multipool mine other coins sell for btc and buy tek cheap as you can each day for staking.
Activity: 8
Activity: 8
I understand you. Thank you for your answer! Indeed, the speed is not stable and constantly jumping. But will the miner 200 g/hs bring in $ 300 per month?
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Good day! Tell me, what am I doing wrong? I have miner Asic AVALON 200 g / hash, and thisis connected to a pool of http: //xguild.net, but it does not bring the profits that are counting calculators. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your answers!

PS Sorry for my english, I am Ukrainian. Smiley

Tekcoin adjusts every block so the payouts predictions are never very accurate unless hashrate is stable. I am guessing since we had the hardfork the hashrate has been bouncing a bit with wide variation  causing the predictions to be off quite a bit even if the pool op has the software set correct.

Hi Thundertoe, do you recommend a block size? would 300 be ok?
Jump to: