Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 258. (Read 446060 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The Block explorer and Richlist are down!

I find it interesting that the Block Explorer and Richlist go down soon before we have a 10k coin dump. Getting played here..

wrong - you are paranoid. half of that dump was me, i've had unannounced bills to pay this month so was forced to cashout a large part of my TEK.
the other 5k i can only presume was a simple weak hand at seeing my sell off.

I will be back buying again as soon as I have the funds to do so. there is nothing shifty going on, you are not being played.
TEK will recover, it always does.

Why sell so much so quickly? Why not trickle feed it instead of getting rid of that many in a 5 or 10 minute period?

big bill, needs paying imminently, don't have the time to wait mate. that's life  Undecided
Activity: 125
Merit: 100

I find it interesting that the Block Explorer and Richlist go down soon before we have a 10k coin dump. Getting played here..

wrong - you are paranoid. half of that dump was me, i've had unannounced bills to pay this month so was forced to cashout a large part of my TEK.

I will be back buying again as soon as I have the funds to do so. there is nothing shifty going on, you are not being played.

Why sell so much so quickly? Why not trickle feed it instead of getting rid of that many in a 5 or 10 minute period?

Activity: 145

I've set up a new community thread for Central Caverns and added a link to this thread for all you hardcore Tekkers.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7661479

please add your hashpower to our pool and interact on the thread, thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

hello
      Is there a mintage like 24 hr before the 30 day starts ? so that i can turn off the pc . I have bought some tek on 7/1/14 so i can close the wallet  un tell 8/1/14 to get the 40% right

Kevin 

If they're all on the same date or all in one block, sure. But once you open it, you need to leave it open and unlocked until it stakes and confirms. Usually don't take long.

As for the android wallet, is there a peercoin or novacoin android wallet out there? If so, I would think it could be used as source with minimal modification. I'm not a programmer, so I may be making an invalid assumption.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Hello

can you make a Android  wallet for Tekcoin  I will use it if can make it

Thank you
                          Kevin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hello
      Is there a mintage like 24 hr before the 30 day starts ? so that i can turn off the pc . I have bought some tek on 7/1/14 so i can close the wallet  un tell 8/1/14 to get the 40% right

Kevin 
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Question do coins move into the stake field when they are mature enough to compete for a block?

No, they wont move into the stake field until the block is found.
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Question do coins move into the stake field when they are mature enough to compete for a block?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Every pool we run is setup on local servers, not virtual. You are free speculate on the professionalism. We know otherwise.

Someone from Bitcoin community recently started a project to increase number of Bitcoin full nodes. TEK community should not wait until "not enough full nodes" problem
arises but prepare for it. Can you give an estimate on how much would it cost to have server setup so it just runs TEK wallet non-stop? A mere relaying full node which
would accept up to 64 connections.
Selling 3230 Tek for 2BTC.  Pm me.
A bit less than 61,920 satoshi per TEK. Too expensive for me.
1.65 BTC.  Looking to get rid of it all or either keep it and buy more.
I usually buy at 45k top. I'll consider your offer though. We will continue via PM. I'll need an escrow, though. Who is willing to? (1% fees).

i can offer escrow; PM'd
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Selling 3230 Tek for 2BTC.  Pm me.
A bit less than 61,920 satoshi per TEK. Too expensive for me.
1.65 BTC.  Looking to get rid of it all or either keep it and buy more.
I usually buy at 45k top. I'll consider your offer though. We will continue via PM. I'll need an escrow, though. Who is willing to? (1% fees).
Our luck is far better than the rest and our servers are far superior - 6xCPU 8GBRAM with local ddos firewalls (not cloudflare) on every server. Each coin has it's own dedicated server; come on folks.. it's silly to pay inflated fees when you can get so much better elsewhere!

I don't think 'luck' is something you have a grip on, otherwise it wouldn't be luck  Wink

But can you explain me why local DDoS protection is better than Cloudflare (or any other cloud based anti-DDoS systems).

I know you want to promote your pool, but by making such statements people could start worrying about the professionalism of your work.

I never said anything was better than anything else, i simply stated our firewalls are not handled by a third party. please reread.
Every pool we run is setup on local servers, not virtual. You are free speculate on the professionalism. We know otherwise.
Activity: 31
Our luck is far better than the rest and our servers are far superior - 6xCPU 8GBRAM with local ddos firewalls (not cloudflare) on every server. Each coin has it's own dedicated server; come on folks.. it's silly to pay inflated fees when you can get so much better elsewhere!

I don't think 'luck' is something you have a grip on, otherwise it wouldn't be luck  Wink

But can you explain me why local DDoS protection is better than Cloudflare (or any other cloud based anti-DDoS systems).

I know you want to promote your pool, but by making such statements people could start worrying about the professionalism of your work.
Anyone know what caused the dump this week? Was someone spreading FUD or is it just that everyone received their monthly stake and decided to all sell at the same time?

i think its the second option

I'm agreeing. You got two things going on. One, it got really hard to get ANY tek about 30 days ago. Two, it's the beginning of the month, and everybody got bills. Three, BTC went nuts. I think we're just seeing some profit taking. The two stage dump was a bit of a surprise, though. the price had nearly recovered, and then dropped again. Hopefully next month the stakeholders will be a little wiser in their sells.

Wait, what am I saying? Dump that shit! I'll be ready for it next month! Grin

I managed to buy a small amount again today - however... gotta be said here.. since folks jumped off central cavern yesterday (to pay 1.5% to miners-point!???!!!) I mined 50TEK in 24 hrs. Not bad going.
Guys, I totally understand that you are wary of new pools, but trust me, i'm all in on TEK and there is no way i'd want to do any damage to the coin in any kind of majority hashrate attack. come back to central cavern! Our luck is far better than the rest and our servers are far superior - 6xCPU 8GBRAM with local ddos firewalls (not cloudflare) on every server. Each coin has it's own dedicated server; come on folks.. it's silly to pay inflated fees when you can get so much better elsewhere!

I've been on there for about a week. Mined about 275 tek. So far so good.

good to see you! thanks for mining with us  Grin

i'm gonna give assurances yet again; we will not do anything to harm any of the coins we set up pools for. If you have any scrypt rigs, check out our HBN and CAP pools too - i'm bought a couple of small scrypt rigs to put on these pools myself - just waiting on them arriving. Anyway, going OT now... apologies. I also want to say, at 0.5% fees, we are not doing this to get rich! We are skilled professionals with excellent server hardware at our disposal - so we want to use it to benefit the coins we like Cheesy we are very selective.
Activity: 13
Anyone know what caused the dump this week? Was someone spreading FUD or is it just that everyone received their monthly stake and decided to all sell at the same time?

yes i think so
Activity: 141

I'm agreeing. You got two things going on. One, it got really hard to get ANY tek about 30 days ago. Two, it's the beginning of the month, and everybody got bills. Three, BTC went nuts. I think we're just seeing some profit taking. The two stage dump was a bit of a surprise, though. the price had nearly recovered, and then dropped again. Hopefully next month the stakeholders will be a little wiser in their sells.

I managed to buy a small amount again today - however... gotta be said here.. since folks jumped off central cavern yesterday (to pay 1.5% to miners-point!???!!!) I mined 50TEK in 24 hrs. Not bad going.
Guys, I totally understand that you are wary of new pools, but trust me, i'm all in on TEK and there is no way i'd want to do any damage to the coin in any kind of majority hashrate attack. come back to central cavern! Our luck is far better than the rest and our servers are far superior - 6xCPU 8GBRAM with local ddos firewalls (not cloudflare) on every server. Each coin has it's own dedicated server; come on folks.. it's silly to pay inflated fees when you can get so much better elsewhere!

I've been on there for about a week. Mined about 275 tek. So far so good.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Yop. Gotta have my bro's back, as long as he's right. I've been mining at central cavern since a bit before he took it live. No issues, and I've gotten a slightly better payout. I don't know if that's "luck", the lower fee, or a bit of both. But either way it's a damn fine pool. Come join us!

Oh, for those who don't know, I usually mine under the name JemHadar, so if you go looking for "Biomech" and don't see me, I'm not lying.
Jump to: