Pages:
Author

Topic: [TelegramBot] Merit watcher and Mention Notification Bot - page 2. (Read 7422 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1242
Strange.

Duplicates are probably when I was testing, I'm sorry!

I'm trying to understand why it doesn't do scraping correctly, I increased the delay to 15 seconds between user and user and I increased the scraping pass for the merits to 10 minutes
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Didn't receive notifications for @mention and quote. The second was probably because it was inserted later (no notifcation from Tryninja's as well) but I'm not sure why the first one was missed by the bot.  
Yes, the quote was added later (in the second). The first one had the mention since the beginning, so you should have been notified. Don't want to hijack OP's thread for issues related to my bot so please PM me if you didn't. Tongue

edit: I also got two merit notifications from OP's bot. I have it enabled as a "backup" in case mine ever fails.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
Didn't receive notifications for @mention and quote. The second was probably because it was inserted later (no notifcation from Tryninja's as well) but I'm not sure why the first one was missed by the bot. 
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
Not sure why, but I've gotten 2 duplicated notifications on merit today. First one was 1 merit from 1 user in one thread; and hours later (now), 1 person 1 merit on the same thread.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I had to increase the delay
unfortunately if I call the forum too many times in a short time, this does not answer me (to avoid I think too much load)
hopefully it works, let me know if you still have these problems, I increase the delay even
You're allowed one request per second on average, although faster bursts are allowed shortly. You can test this by quickly opening many forum-links in new tabs:
Too fast / overloaded (503)

Most likely, you are accessing the forum too quickly. You are only allowed to access at a rate of one pageload per second on average (somewhat higher bursts).

It is also possible that the server is overloaded or temporarily down.
legendary
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Hello
unfortunately if I call the forum too many times in a short time, this does not answer me (to avoid I think too much load)
hopefully it works, let me know if you still have these problems, I increase the delay even more

thanks

Thank you.
Still, it is broken. It notified your merit, but I cannot se who sent it, and for which thread. Also I don't know how many users your BOT has, but I think both TryNinja and Piggy figured out how to deal with a greater number of active users, a I never had this problem with their bot!
Come on, don't get demoralised, and keep up the good work!
legendary
Hello
hopefully it works, let me know if you still have these problems, I increase the delay even more

thanks
Activity: 770
Merit: 835
Thanks @giammangiato, this update is really useful. Great job
legendary
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

fixed problem
Today i fix a problem, when a merit is received, another task go to grab user, merit quantity and thread

the problem is the time (fast) and bitcointalk not respond me
i add a delay and i hope this work
@fillippone tell me if now receive information about received merits

Yes! I received the improved notification.
I would substitute the link in the notification with a "Merit Page" link, and I would make the title of the post clickable linking to the actual thread, so In case it would be possible to easily visit the merited post.

legendary
First time to try your bot OP, and damn it is really good! Now, I can see the thread that mentioned my name. It is really helpful to lessen my time in looking for the thread that mentioned or quoting my reply. Let me share my first trial and the one that mentioned my name.

Thank you for you nice words!

fixed problem
Today i fix a problem, when a merit is received, another task go to grab user, merit quantity and thread

the problem is the time (fast) and bitcointalk not respond me
i add a delay and i hope this work
@fillippone tell me if now receive information about received merits

this week
now i'm working on notify about trust change Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
First time to try your bot OP, and damn it is really good! Now, I can see the thread that mentioned my name. It is really helpful to lessen my time in looking for the thread that mentioned or quoting my reply. Let me share my first trial and the one that mentioned my name.

legendary
---
The original post of the second example did include the @. You can check it in Loyce Clubs' Archive

if it is the only case I was probably working on it and therefore it was temporarily not working, it can happen
unfortunately when I work there sometimes I have to block it otherwise I can not make too many calls to the forum
copper member
---
The original post of the second example did include the @. You can check it in Loyce Clubs' Archive
legendary
---
Is it case sensitive? That may explain my situation...

Hmmmm, then something is wrong with me

Example on where I've been @ and didn't get a notification
Example of when I have been @ with the username well typed and didn't get a notification

bot is triggered when post are written
if post are updated you are not mentioned

because the bot listen new post, if anyone write and update, you not get notified!
copper member
---
Is it case sensitive? That may explain my situation...

Hmmmm, then something is wrong with me

Example on where I've been @ and didn't get a notification
Example of when I have been @ with the username well typed and didn't get a notification
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
I've been receiving notifications from your bot if I get quoted to certain post/thread, but the things is if the user's only did mention : cabalism13 i'm not getting any... Am I just hallucinating? I think the bot also notifies me back then even some doesn't have an '@' on my name.

on that link I have mentioned, my username was mentioned.

my bot need @nickname at moment
i can create a better regex with
Code:
\s[nickname]\s
if all community required it

but is correct, if anyone mention you with cabalism13 you dont receive notify
if anyone mention you with @cabalism13 you are notified by bot

I see ( I'm really hallucinating though Tongue) ,... but could you atleast do it even just for an individual like me? this also keeps me updated in every thread. I will really appreciate it  Grin

EDIT:

And also I think majority in our Local will surely agree to it Smiley
legendary
I've been receiving notifications from your bot if I get quoted to certain post/thread, but the things is if the user's only did mention : cabalism13 i'm not getting any... Am I just hallucinating? I think the bot also notifies me back then even some doesn't have an '@' on my name.

my bot need @nickname at moment
i can create a better regex with
Code:
\s[nickname]\s
if all community required it

but is correct, if anyone mention you with cabalism13 you dont receive notify
if anyone mention you with @cabalism13 you are notified by bot

i explane how works

i check with a regex
Code:
@[a-z0-9 etc]
if i found one: i search in the database @$string

if found in database an entry -> i send message

if we need to check
Code:
nick
without @ simbol

i need to rewrite engine, i need to iterate all users and check for every user the post..
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
Good Day Guys!

It seems that the bot in telegram is sick and not feeling well.
I have been mentioned in several threads such as this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54465042 but I didn't get a message from the bot. It seems that it is now only working with the messages that you have been quoted. AFAIK, at first even if you were just mentioned the bot will send you a notification...

Am I just hallucinating or am I missing something?

hello dear
could you explain to me where the problem occurred? so I can test and understand what happened

I made some heavy changes, so I may have broken something
I have to check but I need some examples please

thank you

NOTE: This bot is surely has been a BIG HELP to me ever since magiordomo has been killed Tongue So I really appreciate this service of yours.
copper member
@giammangiato you did quote me in the other post, but check if you are receiving a notification for this mention
legendary
---
The bot seems to only notify whenever a message of yours gets quoted; but not when the @you (or type your name without @). I've been using the bot for almost 2 months now and I've had that issue since day 1; so I'd say that's what he's talking about

@Csmiami

i think this work, try with me

yes @csmiami i have received you notification,
do you receive mine?

i check the problem
the regex is
Code:
/(\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-\_\s]*)/m

tell me the posts pls not notified
Pages:
Jump to: