Author

Topic: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod] - page 594. (Read 124869 times)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 329
In these busy life, watching a majority of the test match leave out the full match, is quite hard. Everyone is busy with their lives, highest people can do is check the score from time to time. But there is no denying that this is the most unique and the root of cricket. But the busy everyday life of people is making it hard to watch test matches and also pretty boring as you said. That's why new formats like T-10 and The 100 are being introduced. You can sit in front of the TV for 2 hours and you have an action-packed match.
Yes recently most of the people are enjoying t20 match and 100 ball match because it's a short time play and one can easily get enough time and entertainment . But test match only I see the update results via Cricbuzz but not television 📺.
Even now in popularity T20 and A Hundred is going quite good but still we have, some good number of test lovers because this is also very interesting and entertaining cricket due to T20. It's also reaching some good level of expertise.

Moin Ali has never been good in test because he was a good player of short format cricket, but England take some good chance above him and bring them in test where he has done some good but still he was not comfortable, so he announces retirement but right now England is enjoying with 2 legends of this game like Broad and Anderson both are giving really great performance in coming Ashes surely they are going to be really entertaining cricket from these both teams.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
~
In my view, there is dire need of regulation in cricket - every baord must ensure that there players play Test and ODIs from national side and should not be running after heavily paid T20 tournaments throughout the year.  
Wrong. This can't be put into practise unless the national board pays a much lower salary compared to franchise cricket. If such a regulation is brought in, the players would simply announce their retirement and concentrate on T20. How much Moeen Ali was getting while he was representing the ECB? His contract with Chennai Super Kings in the IPL is worth $980,000 per season, or $70,000 per match. And cricket is just like any other career option. You can't force someone to continue with a low paying job, that requires a lot more effort.

I agree with you. Players playing in the T20 leagues are paid so high compared to international matches. For example, look at the West Indies players, they play more in the T20  leagues more than their International team. Well having a clash with the board is also an issue but money is a huge factor in this. Maybe the boards can make a statement that T20 league players won't be paid more than a specific amount of money and maybe that might help a bit, other than that, I don't see a fix to this.

I don’t agree with this how can you ask player’s to take less money, put yourself in their shoes would you accept less money for the hard work you put in no right?. However to save test cricket boards can make it mandatory to pay a x number of test matches if fit and selected, and that’s something the player’s too will accept.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 128
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
~
In my view, there is dire need of regulation in cricket - every baord must ensure that there players play Test and ODIs from national side and should not be running after heavily paid T20 tournaments throughout the year. 
Wrong. This can't be put into practise unless the national board pays a much lower salary compared to franchise cricket. If such a regulation is brought in, the players would simply announce their retirement and concentrate on T20. How much Moeen Ali was getting while he was representing the ECB? His contract with Chennai Super Kings in the IPL is worth $980,000 per season, or $70,000 per match. And cricket is just like any other career option. You can't force someone to continue with a low paying job, that requires a lot more effort.

I agree with you. Players playing in the T20 leagues are paid so high compared to international matches. For example, look at the West Indies players, they play more in the T20  leagues more than their International team. Well having a clash with the board is also an issue but money is a huge factor in this. Maybe the boards can make a statement that T20 league players won't be paid more than a specific amount of money and maybe that might help a bit, other than that, I don't see a fix to this.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
~

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
Actually Test match is the match of interview of a good cricketers but most of the cricketers now denied him from test match. Recently moien Ali a gentle man from England cricket team already decided to given off test cricket because he could have enough time for one day and t20 match.

Moin Ali has played enough test cricket before retiring from it i.e. 64 tests. Right now preference of every cricketer is T20 aka IPL, where you player for shorter period of time and earn huge money. Of course no one pays to players and boards more then IPL. In my view, there is dire need of regulation in cricket - every baord must ensure that there players play Test and ODIs from national side and should not be running after heavily paid T20 tournaments throughout the year. 
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110

~SNIP

Interestingly the fan following of T20 cricket is more than the Test cricket. Amazingly you do not need a lot of skills like Test cricket in T20 format. You only need to hit the ball well as a batsman and as a bowler, you need to restrict the batsmen. I am not a fan of Test cricket and most of us here would agree that we do not have time to watch the match for a whole day. I generally go for the highlights rather than checking the score.

I remember an interview back in late 90s or early 2000s (I don't remember the exact year but T20 was not introduced at that time), players of different teams were asked whether they like Test or ODIs. Almost all players said Test cricket, as that is the proper cricket and cricketing skills can only be seen in Test format. I am sure all players today have consent on T20 that its the best cricketing format.
In T20, you bowl a great delivery and got six, bowl a bad delivery and got wicket. Same goes for batsman. Its all about action and luck in T20. 
legendary
Actually Test match is the match of interview of a good cricketers but most of the cricketers now denied him from test match. Recently moien Ali a gentle man from England cricket team already decided to given off test cricket because he could have enough time for one day and t20 match.

T20 means less effort and more money for the players. On the other hand, test cricket means more effort, more chances of injury, less free time and less salary. On top of that, for the batsmen T20 cricket is much more suitable because of all the restrictions introduced by the ICC. At this point, it is ridiculous for the international players to select test cricket over T20. Unless they are really bad in T20 (Steve Smith, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Dale Steyn.etc), they should concentrate more on the shorter format.
Activity: 993
Merit: 250
Moonbet.io
Activity: 1302
Merit: 100
Someone enjoys a test match for a full 5 days! I watch the first 10 overs of the match in the morning, watch some overs of the game when I have time in the noon, and watch the highlights of the match in my spare time at the end of the day. It is difficult to watch 100 overs of an ODI match continuously. In ODIs I enjoy the first 20 overs and the last 10 overs. It is very boring to enjoy 5 days of test match.
During my college days I used to have plenty of free time and it was not unusual for me to watch an entire test spanning 5 days. But since I started working, it has become almost impossible to spare that much time. Even more so, after getting married. I don't think that I have watched an entire test match ever since I got my first job. And the same goes with my friend circle as well. I don't know anyone among my friends who watch test cricket on a regular basis these days. But there are a few pensioners in my neighborhood who do so.
In the cricket, test match is the match of patience. 5 day match just imagine with deeply analysis, more the 100 overs one side daily just a ton of patience. I have not enough patience to cover a test match in the front of television or stadium 🏟️.

In these busy life, watching a majority of the test match leave out the full match, is quite hard. Everyone is busy with their lives, highest people can do is check the score from time to time. But there is no denying that this is the most unique and the root of cricket. But the busy everyday life of people is making it hard to watch test matches and also pretty boring as you said. That's why new formats like T-10 and The 100 are being introduced. You can sit in front of the TV for 2 hours and you have an action-packed match.
Yes recently most of the people are enjoying t20 match and 100 ball match because it's a short time play and one can easily get enough time and entertainment . But test match only I see the update results via Cricbuzz but not television 📺.
Although Test matches are longer, a cricketer can gain enough knowledge from Test matches. Personally, I don't like Test matches either, but the psychological endurance of a cricketer And a unique sign of love for cricket is found in this Test match. The game is not very popular these days as I work in a private firm. I enjoy Test matches when I have enough time.
Moonbet.io
Someone enjoys a test match for a full 5 days! I watch the first 10 overs of the match in the morning, watch some overs of the game when I have time in the noon, and watch the highlights of the match in my spare time at the end of the day. It is difficult to watch 100 overs of an ODI match continuously. In ODIs I enjoy the first 20 overs and the last 10 overs. It is very boring to enjoy 5 days of test match.
During my college days I used to have plenty of free time and it was not unusual for me to watch an entire test spanning 5 days. But since I started working, it has become almost impossible to spare that much time. Even more so, after getting married. I don't think that I have watched an entire test match ever since I got my first job. And the same goes with my friend circle as well. I don't know anyone among my friends who watch test cricket on a regular basis these days. But there are a few pensioners in my neighborhood who do so.
In the cricket, test match is the match of patience. 5 day match just imagine with deeply analysis, more the 100 overs one side daily just a ton of patience. I have not enough patience to cover a test match in the front of television or stadium 🏟️.

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform

Moonbet.io

Hi Guys,

A pretty huge "Behind the Bet" coming up Thursday.. Mr. Jonty Rhodes.

For those Cricket fans, this should be a great session!!  Shocked Shocked

Growing up in South Africa and making his way all the way to the top level of International Cricket, Jonty put his own mark on the game through his athletic fielding and ability to get to balls that no other cricketer had a chance too!

Jonty is currently assisting in the IPL format but is also a part-time coach of the Swedish Cricket Federation.

This was a massive coup for the Cricketing countries "Outside the Test Rankings" and I can't wait to hear his story!

regards,

Steve.
Sportsbet.io

EDIT: Hi guys, sorry for the advert, but I thought this thread would be the perfect place to let you know this is going on..  Even if you don't have an account with us, sign up and tune into this amazing opportunity.. cheers all!
First Brett Lee and now Jhonty Rhodes, congratulation! Both are very respectable and has a sizable fan following in my country.

This thread is not active nowadays as there is no test series going on but plz feel free to repost this in T-20 thread for more eyeballs, majority of punters are active there due to IPL.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/t20-and-t20i-cricket-prediction-and-discussion-5102095
Yes sir you are absolutely right because nowadays most of the countries specially cricket team are busy with t20 match because very soon we can get T20 world cup in Abu Dhabi . So you should transfer your post on t20 discussion thread.
Moonbet.io

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

Hi Guys,

Growing up in South Africa and making his way all the way to the top level of International Cricket, Jonty put his own mark on the game through his athletic fielding and ability to get to balls that no other cricketer had a chance too!

Jonty is currently assisting in the IPL format but is also a part-time coach of the Swedish Cricket Federation.

This was a massive coup for the Cricketing countries "Outside the Test Rankings" and I can't wait to hear his story!

regards,

Steve.
Sportsbet.io

EDIT: Hi guys, sorry for the advert, but I thought this thread would be the perfect place to let you know this is going on..  Even if you don't have an account with us, sign up and tune into this amazing opportunity.. cheers all!
First Brett Lee and now Jonty Rhodes, congratulation! Both are very respectable and has a sizable fan following in my country.

This thread is not active nowadays as there is no test series going on but plz feel free to repost this in T-20 thread for more eyeballs, majority of punters are active there due to IPL.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/t20-and-t20i-cricket-prediction-and-discussion-5102095
legendary

copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 591
🍓 BALIK Never DM First
Interestingly the fan following of T20 cricket is more than the Test cricket. Amazingly you do not need a lot of skills like Test cricket in T20 format. You only need to hit the ball well as a batsman and as a bowler, you need to restrict the batsmen. I am not a fan of Test cricket and most of us here would agree that we do not have time to watch the match for a whole day. I generally go for the highlights rather than checking the score.
I agree. Test cricket is more "classical" and it needs more skills. When legends like Sachin Tendulkar, Alan Donald, Glen McGrath, Shane Warne.etc play test cricket, it is a treat to watch. But for the new fans, who are in their teens and 20s, test format is not very appealing. To tell the truth, no one has 40 hours to spare, to go through an entire match. Even I used to watch a lot of test cricket 10-15 years ago. But now I restrict myself to some very important series such as the Ashes, WTC finals and Border-Gavaskar trophy.
I do not have the patience to sit in front of the TV or my Laptop and watch Test cricket the whole day for the next 5 days. I simply go and watch the 30 mins highlight at the end of the day. It is amazing to hear that you still have time for those tournaments. I can only spare my time for the T20 format as it ends in 3 hours time plus it is more thrilling.

Activity: 2100
Merit: 771
Top Crypto Casino

I agree. Test cricket is more "classical" and it needs more skills. When legends like Sachin Tendulkar, Alan Donald, Glen McGrath, Shane Warne.etc play test cricket, it is a treat to watch. But for the new fans, who are in their teens and 20s, test format is not very appealing. To tell the truth, no one has 40 hours to spare, to go through an entire match. Even I used to watch a lot of test cricket 10-15 years ago. But now I restrict myself to some very important series such as the Ashes, WTC finals and Border-Gavaskar trophy.

I do not have the patience to sit in front of the TV or my Laptop and watch Test cricket the whole day for the next 5 days. I simply go and watch the 30 mins highlight at the end of the day. It is amazing to hear that you still have time for those tournaments. I can only spare my time for the T20 format as it ends in 3 hours time plus it is more thrilling.
legendary
Now the Australian domestic season has been hit by COVID. The match between Queensland Bulls and Tasmanian Tigers was abandoned, after 4 new cases were reported in Queensland. To clarify, none of the players or their contacts were infected, but Tasmania refused to continue with the tour and returned home. All the Shield matches involving New South Wales and Victoria are currently on hold because of the ongoing pandemic in these states. Queensland becomes the third state to join the list. The other three first class sides (Western, Southern and Tasmania) haven't reported any cases from their territories.
legendary
Activity: 2633
Merit: 2881
Make winning bets on sports with sportsbet.io!

Hi Guys,

regards,

Steve.
Sportsbet.io

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1344
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Jump to: