Pages:
Author

Topic: Test for free our new futures exchange, and get paid bitcoin! - page 3. (Read 1007 times)

copper member
Activity: 24
Merit: 17
Co-Founder at TickSpread
Currently I can't enter a Price for the order, so I can't test anything. Clearing cookies didn't help.
The feeld looks "unavailable":

We added the option to create market orders. What this means is that you do not have to set the price. You just select the amount and you click either the buy or sell buttons. This will generate a price at whathever the current market price is.

If you want to select the price of your order, you need to switch to Limit:

What's still unclear to me (and not intuitive) is what's going to happen when I start a trade. I understand the amount, the leverage, and the liquidation, but I have no idea when a trade will take profit.
Earlier it didn't say "Market" and "Limit", that has been added now. That helps, but I'm still unsure: with Market, I assume the price I enter will be to close the order, is that correct? So if I'm buying now, I should enter a price higher than the current price, and if it reaches that before liquidating, I turn a profit. If that's the case, it may be more intuitive to split the Order field into 2 parts: one to buy, and one to sell. The one to buy shows the Price is to sell, and the order field in which you click sell shows the Price is to buy. (am I making any sense?)

You can see the trades you made at the My Trades, right next to the Open Orders.

If you buy first and then sell at a higher price, you made a profit and your total balance will increase. Also if you sell first and then buy at a lower price.

Clearly this is not as intuitive as we wanted, but that's what the feedbacks are for!

One thing we learned already is that open positions need to be much more salient. Once you click the buy button (with Market order), you will make a trade, and your position will change as a result. We want everyone to see that immediately.

Probably we'll make it bigger, maybe we can make it flash once it changes. Also, when you close your position, we can make your balance flash green or red depending on whether you realized a profit or a loss.

Maybe we could show your real time profits or losses on open positions! Yeah, we are going to do that Smiley

Also we may add some "notifications" to the My Trades panel so that you know you can click there to see the last trades you made (including exactly the price you executed at), and same thing on the Open Orders when you place a limit order and it appears on the book.

I don't really understand your suggestion regarding splitting the order fields. Are you talking about "Take Profit" prices? Like, if you are going to buy right now (say at 33,000) do you want to define the price (say at 33,050) at which you will close your position at a profit? If so, we are planning such an interface for the future.

Right now, however, the price you set is the limit price for your order (how much you are willing to buy for right now). If you put this price higher than current price, you will just buy immediately at the market price (not the higher price you set!). Again, you can only set prices on your orders if you are in the "Limit" mode. We'd like to encourage you to try out the "Market" mode: just click the buy button whenever you think the price will go up and once you want to take profit or stop losses you can click the sell button.

You need to keep a watch on your current position. If it is positive you need to sell to close your position, and if it is negative you need to buy to close it. We are also working on an "Open Position" line with a "Close Position" button. You can see your position on the amount field here:

My new test-withdrawal shows up as Pending, and the amount doesn't get Frozen.

If your withdraw shows up as Pending, you need to confirm it on your email. After you confirm it will freeze balance (if balance is available) and will appear as Approved. You then need to wait for us to process it manully (in the future we'll have a hot wallet and you won't have to wait in most withdraws).

Made an account and reading through the documentation to understand what this is about. I am not really into trading so this is going to be a learning experience from me.

Reading about the profit calculation, is this website going to be about returning the profits in terms of BTC and not stablecoins per se? If it is so, I think its a great idea. It'd be great if you can include small tutorials about how to use the website. This would be good to onboard newbies like me because the idea of "batch auctions" isn't something we hear about everyday.

If you can provide a bit of hand-holding, people like us will be open to exploring more.

Thanks for trying out! Yes, all your profits will be in bitcoin. So yes, it is kind of a funny trade because you can 'buy' and 'sell' bitcoins and you get more bitcoins as profit. For now, of course, and until we are confident enough to launch with real money, your profits will be in testnet bitcoins.

We'll have a tutorial eventually, but first we need to understand much better what the challenges for new users are, otherwise we won't be able to create a helpful tutorial.

Nice to see you are reading through the documentation! Please let me know if there is anything that is unclear or confusing. Our exchange has several unique features, from the logarithmic contract to the fee structure to the auction mechanism. This is quite a lot to explain, and we want to make the explanation acessible.

Our batch auction mechanism should not be something a new trader has to worry about. Rather, the experience should be very much like that of other futures exchanges.

Certainly there is quite a lot that is very confusing right now. Believe me: if you feel confused, that's our fault, not yours! If you can give us feedback regarding what your impressions are as a novice trader, that would be awesome. If it is your first time at a futures exchange, that is great as well: futures exchanges are known to be confusing for new users, and we'd like to change that.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
Made an account and reading through the documentation to understand what this is about. I am not really into trading so this is going to be a learning experience from me.

Reading about the profit calculation, is this website going to be about returning the profits in terms of BTC and not stablecoins per se? If it is so, I think its a great idea. It'd be great if you can include small tutorials about how to use the website. This would be good to onboard newbies like me because the idea of "batch auctions" isn't something we hear about everyday.

If you can provide a bit of hand-holding, people like us will be open to exploring more.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I'm sorry to hear that you feel confused. Margin trading is really complicated. Our top priority is getting it as intuitive as possible, so that we don't have to explain as much. But yes, we'll have a tutorial eventually as well.
What's still unclear to me (and not intuitive) is what's going to happen when I start a trade. I understand the amount, the leverage, and the liquidation, but I have no idea when a trade will take profit.
Earlier it didn't say "Market" and "Limit", that has been added now. That helps, but I'm still unsure: with Market, I assume the price I enter will be to close the order, is that correct? So if I'm buying now, I should enter a price higher than the current price, and if it reaches that before liquidating, I turn a profit. If that's the case, it may be more intuitive to split the Order field into 2 parts: one to buy, and one to sell. The one to buy shows the Price is to sell, and the order field in which you click sell shows the Price is to buy. (am I making any sense?)

Currently I can't enter a Price for the order, so I can't test anything. Clearing cookies didn't help.
The field looks "unavailable":
Image loading...

Problem with account logging out should be fixed now!
It looks okay now Smiley

All withdraws processed! Bugs fixed.
My new test-withdrawal shows up as Pending, and the amount doesn't get Frozen.
copper member
Co-Founder at TickSpread
I can confirm that @LoyceV problem also occurred to me. But a couple of hours later, at the time, I was able to normally log on.

This was indeed a bug. The error message had a wrong description. Problem fixed now!

I'm retesting the site now and seems a couple of things already being worked on, that seem promising.

Nice to hear! I'm editing the original post to list all the suggestions / bug reports and their current state, and also new features that we are adding.

Anyway, I noticed there is a reset layout button on the settings icon at the navbar. I wonder what does its functionality? Does it mean you plan to add more trade layout views?

You can resize and move the components around in the trading panel, and this button lets you reset components to their default sizes and positions. By the way, please share your BTC address!

My (test) withdrawal is still pending (after 5 days). Not sure if that's just not implemented yet.
What's weird though: it shows Amount: 0.00000.

The withdraw had a bug on it and the amount was set to zero. We'll abort this one, and you'll have to make a new one. I'm sorry for that.

It's still bad: if I trade something with someone, they'll know some of my Bitcoin addresses. If I then use that address to deposit to your site, they'll easily know I use your site (but they could probably figure that out through WalletExplorer.com too). What's worse, is if they can trace all my other transactions to and from your site too, after which they can know many more of my addresses. Not only that, they'll also know exactly how much I've deposited and withdrawn for as long as I've used the site. Exchanges don't do that either. Let's compare it with a bank: it's okay for the bank to see who I pay, but it's not okay to sell/publish/use this data.

Maybe publishing all transactions is a bad idea indeed. We'll try to find a better solution. Either way, we'll always be very transparent regarding what our privacy policy is.

For proof of funds, I'd stick to the cold storage with a signed message. Hot wallets shouldn't hold a large portion of total funds, and there's no need to proof every last satoshi.

Problem with that is that you don't know how much deposits the exchnage has. I can sign a message with cold storage address containing 100 BTC, but what if the users actually have 200 BTC in their accounts? If we can publish account hashes and balances, one can see that the balances sum up to the amount at our cold storage address.

However, I just had an idea here! We can publish just the root of a merkle tree containing hashes of balances, and just let the user know the derivation path. This way we can have proof of funds without jeopardizing user privacy. Smiley

My (test) withdrawal is still pending (after 5 days). Not sure if that's just not implemented yet.

I can confirm this also, after I clicked to withdraw my tBTC I received an email to confirm that action and status on my account is now confirmed , however I didn't receive anything in my wallet and balance on my account is still the same.
Maybe withdrawals are not working yet, but it would be weird that only deposits work and not withdrawals.

I can confirm this also, after I clicked to withdraw my tBTC I received an email to confirm that action and status on my account is now confirmed , however I didn't receive anything in my wallet and balance on my account is still the same.
Maybe withdrawals are not working yet, but it would be weird that only deposits work and not withdrawals.

We are having a problem in the withdraws, we'll have it solved ASAP.

I couldn't log in for a while but I'm back on now.

I was able to place multiple orders without closing previous trades with the 0.1 tmbtc test provided.

And so I’m guessing it's safe to assume that the extra funds are provided as margin? If that's the case, shouldn’t there be some kind of warning for users that, they are trading assets with borrowed funds? This could lead to serious problems and debt if not checked.

I can’t find any data in my open orders tray.

The P&L never updates

I still don’t understand the concept behind frozen funds and how it would benefit users
You’ve done a good job explaining it here, but not many users will check on here. You should have a tutorial made, and even at that expect to be bombarded with many questions.

My account logs out automatically, even when I’m still active.

My general feeling is confusion, but then I am not a pro trader. I have only dabbled in it a few times, but someone well versed  in trading may feel otherwise.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel confused. Margin trading is really complicated. Our top priority is getting it as intuitive as possible, so that we don't have to explain as much. But yes, we'll have a tutorial eventually as well.

Problem with account logging out should be fixed now!

EDIT:

All withdraws processed! Bugs fixed.
Activity: 109
Merit: 16
I couldn't log in for a while but I'm back on now.

I was able to place multiple orders without closing previous trades with the 0.1 tmbtc test provided.

And so I’m guessing it's safe to assume that the extra funds are provided as margin? If that's the case, shouldn’t there be some kind of warning for users that, they are trading assets with borrowed funds? This could lead to serious problems and debt if not checked.

I can’t find any data in my open orders tray.

The P&L never updates

I still don’t understand the concept behind frozen funds and how it would benefit users
You’ve done a good job explaining it here, but not many users will check on here. You should have a tutorial made, and even at that expect to be bombarded with many questions.

My account logs out automatically, even when I’m still active.

My general feeling is confusion, but then I am not a pro trader. I have only dabbled in it a few times, but someone well versed  in trading may feel otherwise.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%

legendary
That would be very, very bad! I've never seen any website that publishes all transaction data, and within EU it could even be a GDPR violation.
I assume any exchange keeps trade and transaction data forever, and if they ever need to provide it, they can dig it up.
TL;DR: don't do it. You'll scare away your customers.
Thanks for the candid feedback. Just to make things clear, we would never publish personal information (emails, etc). What we would do is use email + some random salt to generate a hash for each user and then, for each incoming deposit or withdraw, we would publish this hash.
It's still bad: if I trade something with someone, they'll know some of my Bitcoin addresses. If I then use that address to deposit to your site, they'll easily know I use your site (but they could probably figure that out through WalletExplorer.com too). What's worse, is if they can trace all my other transactions to and from your site too, after which they can know many more of my addresses. Not only that, they'll also know exactly how much I've deposited and withdrawn for as long as I've used the site. Exchanges don't do that either. Let's compare it with a bank: it's okay for the bank to see who I pay, but it's not okay to sell/publish/use this data.

I wanted to test it, but I now get this:
Login Error: We cannot find a valid account with this credentials
Are you sure you didn't forgot your password? We only store a hash of your password, so we have a limited ability to debug that. We are being able to access our own accounts just fine.
I didn't forget the password. It works again now (same as vv181), without resetting it.

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
Are you sure you didn't forgot your password? We only store a hash of your password, so we have a limited ability to debug that. We are being able to access our own accounts just fine.

Can you try the "Forgot password? Reset" link and see if it works? This should send you a link in your email to set a new password.
I can confirm that @LoyceV problem also occurred to me. But a couple of hours later, at the time, I was able to normally log on.

I'm retesting the site now and seems a couple of things already being worked on, that seem promising.

Anyway, I noticed there is a reset layout button on the settings icon at the navbar. I wonder what does its functionality? Does it mean you plan to add more trade layout views?

copper member
Co-Founder at TickSpread
I also noticed that when I log in after some time my dark them is all messed up and it is half light and half dark.
Like I said before, many people don't have a clue what they are doing with futures trading so making good tutorial and instructions is must have feature for your website.

I think we indeed have a bug related to half light and half dark themes, we'll investigate. Thanks!

And yes, we are working right now on making it simpler. We'll do a tutorial eventually, but for now we just want to make it easier and more intuitive.

That makes it less likely for P3 or P4 to strike a deal, but makes it more risky to recover the funds when needed. Say P1 dies. Now P2 needs both P3 and P4, while P3 only trusts P1.

I think we can use the scripting language to achieve the same effect without having one person holding multiple keys. So funds might be moved with the following combinations:

P1 + P2
P1 + P3 + P4
P2 + P3 + P4

Also P3 and P4 can have encrypted key backups so that funds are not lost in case P1+P3 or P2+P4 die at the same time. It seems really unlikely that P1 and P2 will die simultaneously, and it also seems really unlikely that the backups for both P3 and P4 are compromised simultaneously, and even so one of P1 and P2 would need to sign such a transaction.

That would be very, very bad! I've never seen any website that publishes all transaction data, and within EU it could even be a GDPR violation.
I assume any exchange keeps trade and transaction data forever, and if they ever need to provide it, they can dig it up.
TL;DR: don't do it. You'll scare away your customers.

Thanks for the candid feedback. Just to make things clear, we would never publish personal information (emails, etc). What we would do is use email + some random salt to generate a hash for each user and then, for each incoming deposit or withdraw, we would publish this hash. So no personal data involved! (and no GDPR violation for sure)

That would be somewhat equivalent to you geting your withdraws from the same address you used to deposit. Maybe you are right and this is really a bad idea, but I don't really understand why someone would be scared by that.

One reason I thought this was OK is because in the long-term I want to make our exchange work with decentralized custody. Fully decentralized exchanges have a lot of problems with latency, front-running and large fees (or spreads) that are really hard to solve. So I think we can get the best out of both worlds with centralized order matching + decentralized custody and setlement.

In this model, traders would make deposits and receive withdraws from smart contracts, and everybody would be able to easily link deposits and withdraws, so that I why I thought this lack of privacy would not be a big issue for most users.

After this explanation, do you still feel that this is a bad idea? If so, can you elaborate on what exactly do you think is bad or will scare users away?

It will be a centrally controlled database, meaning you can put anything you want in there, so anyone accused of anything could just deny it and government won't have conclusive evidence. Or you could be bribed to change something.

We would publish that daily (and maybe even save the hash in the blockchain) so we would have no power to change history.

Also, we if wanted to publish daily balances we could have a full proof of funds! Everyone would be able to check that we have as much funds as the sum of all balances because everyone would be to see the their own balance associated with their own user hash in a public ledger, and they would be able to see that our cold storage address contains at least the sum of all balances listed there.

But again, there are privacy considerations here, so this may turn out to be a very bad idea. We'll not do that if the overall feedback from the community is negative, and of course we would be very transparent regarding what privacy we can offer.

Can you try the "Forgot password? Reset" link and see if it works? This should send you a link in your email to set a new password.

legendary
Being P1, I don't worry much about this scenario. At least in my perspective, I have people that I can trust very much, and the problem is finding someone I can trust that won't be giving the funds as ransom to save me from danger.
There aren't many people I'd truely trust with a large amount of money. I mean, how well can you really know someone? Finding someone who wouldn't save you is the easy part Wink

The "Entry Price" tells you what is the reference price. So if you have a long position, you need to sell higher than this price to make a profit, and if you have a short position, you need to buy back lower than this price to make a profit. If price moves against and reaches the "Liquidation Price" you may get liquidated and lose the amount frozen.

Do you this explanation helps? Please let me know whether there is anything else that is still confusing to you, as anything confusing you is likely to confuse to many other people too!
legendary
Cashback 15%
Fixing that is top priority right now. It may take a few days but I'll let you all know once it is done.
I also noticed that when I log in after some time my dark them is all messed up and it is half light and half dark.
Like I said before, many people don't have a clue what they are doing with futures trading so making good tutorial and instructions is must have feature for your website.

I'm afraid we may let you down with our privacy commitments, though. While ideologically we are totally in favor of private transactions, for several reasons we don't want people to use our exchange to mix bitcoins. We may actually do the very opposite and publish all transaction data allowing anyone to link withdraw and deposit transactions, so that in some sense your account is just like a set of public addresses in the blockchain. By doing so we can counter the argument used by governments that exchanges either have to require KYC identification from all users or else they are complicit in money laundering.
I understand that and I don't expect total privacy and private transactions on public blockchain like Bitcoin, but I don't think that publishing all withdraw and deposit transactions will help you with US regulators.
They want strict regulations connected with identity of the person and their documentation, so even some dex exchanges have issues with them.
copper member
Co-Founder at TickSpread
Also, we saw several withdraw requests, was it you?
Yep, I tried the withdrawal feature. But doesn't seem it works. I did receive the withdrawal request confirmation, but when I click it, it just shows your login page. When I log on, the withdrawal status doesn't change.

At first, I thought you didn't activate the withdrawing feature on this test mode, checking out the network log, it shows me an API 500 Internal Server Error. Turns out I'm requesting below the minimum required amount(<1mBtc). Maybe you could show a warning to the user if they requested below the minimum amount, I notice if I put 0, the site gives an error the amount not accepted.

You are right, we should show a warning whenever your request is below the minimum, just like happens when you put 0. We'll investigate what is going wrong with the withdraw confirmation link, thanks for letting us know!

While trying, I got an error:
Image loading...
When I click "Contact us", it shortly shows a contact form, then jumps back to the error page. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Oh no our exchange went down from 8:40 to 13:55 UTC. Even worse, our monitor bot that should have waked us up in this scenario didn't.

It is up and running again, and we fixed the monitor, so we hope we won't have such downtimes again. We'll also fix the "Contact us" link.

I'm still not sure what I'm doing, for people new to this it's not very obvious what "buy" and "sell" does in relation with the margin and current price.

Margin trading is known to be confusing for many people and I'm sure that many other people would have a similar experience. It is really important for us to figure out a way to make margin trading easier and more intuitive.

What happens is that whenever you open an order, some of your balance is frozen as margin for that order, depending on how much leverage you select. For example, if you use 5x leverage to open an order with size 10 mBTC, we'll freeze 2 mBTC from your balance. That's the most you can lose by opening this order.

If you instead use 100x leverage, we'll only freeze 0.1 mBTC for the same order. This is the margin associated with this order.

When your order gets executed, the margin associated with the order becomes associated with the position instead:

This is the size of your position, and how much margin is associated with it:

The same value that appears on the "Total Margin" above remains frozen in your balance, until you close the position. When you close the position, you will get more than what was frozen if you made a profit on your trade, or less than what was frozen otherwise. Again, you'll never lose more money than what was frozen: the worst that can happen is you get liquidated and the amount frozen is lost.

The "Entry Price" tells you what is the reference price. So if you have a long position, you need to sell higher than this price to make a profit, and if you have a short position, you need to buy back lower than this price to make a profit. If price moves against and reaches the "Liquidation Price" you may get liquidated and lose the amount frozen.

Do you this explanation helps? Please let me know whether there is anything else that is still confusing to you, as anything confusing you is likely to confuse to many other people too!

So which one do you prefer: losing funds in a $5 wrench attack, or losing your life? Both options aren't desirable.

Paradoxically, the less the other key holders care about my own personal well-being, the more secure I am, as long as everybody knows about it (for any high-level criminals reading this old post from the future, be warned that you won't be able to get away with anything unless you can pull off a simultaneous operation in multiple countries!).

Did you mean "decryption keys" instead of "encryption keys"? If so: it looks to me like the opposite is true: P1 and the person holding backup key B together have all the information to decrypt the backup key, which gives them all they need to steal the funds.

If P1 dies, the person trusted by P1 holding the backup for key A will approach P2 and ask for the encryption key, and vice versa.

Allow me to edit this statement: If P1 doesn't die, the person trusted by P1 can approach P2 and ask for the encryption key. If P2 agrees, they split the money. And you wouldn't even know if it was P1 or his "trusted" person who made the deal with P2, they'd both have plausible deniability! At least with a 2-of-4 multisig where the person trusted by P1 holds a different (encrypted) key, you'd know for sure who signed the transaction stealing funds.

Yes, I meant decryption keys. Let us define P3 to be the person trusted by P1 who holds the encrypted copy of key A, and P4 to be the person trusted by P2 who holds the encrypted copy of key B.

You are absolutely right about the plausible deniability problem. If P3 teams up with P2, that is indistinguishable from P1 teaming up with P2.
Being P1, I don't worry much about this scenario. At least in my perspective, I have people that I can trust very much, and the problem is finding someone I can trust that won't be giving the funds as ransom to save me from danger. But if this arrangement makes people feel unconfortable to deposit their funds, we can find another solution.

One possibility might be to have a 4-out-of-6 multisig with P1 and P2 holding 2 keys each, and P3 and P4 holding 1 key each. What do you think of this idea? No four keys are in a single continent, and we can know for sure who signed a transaction.

Maybe it's worth looking into how exchanges handle this. They've lost many Bitcoins in the past, but seem to have improved their setups nowadays.

That would be great to know, but I can't find enough information about it.

Shouldn't those open positions show up under Open Orders? If not: where can I find back the details to those open positions?

You can find all information about the position here:

So that explains my confusion: if "positions" are different from "orders", they should show up in the list under "Open Orders".

Yes, agreed, we'll work on that!

On what exchanges are you planning to list your token?
I guess if this token would have some real utility on your website than it would be ok, but most of the tokens we see in market are totally useless so I am always a bit skeptical about them, but thanks for sending some btc Wink

We'll be giving a lot more information about our future TICK tokens whenever we start preparations for our ICO. But we can tall you now that we'll be using some percentage of the net revenue to buy back tokens, traders will be incentivized to hold tokens in proportion to the volume they make to get fee discounts, and holding tokens will also be needed to get maximum referral bonuses.

Hopefully we'll be able to give investors confidence in our project and in the team to make it attractive as an investment. We plan on competing heads-on against major exchanges like FTX and Binance, so raising money will help us grow in future.

I must say however that growth and fundraising is not top priority right now. Rather, the most important thing is getting our product to work well, making it easy and intuitive for users, achieving product-market fit, validating market hypothesis, etc. We'll move to full-speed growth mode once we are sure that users really like our product and once we can establish that the expected value of new users is consistently higher than the acquisition costs.

I just deposited around 13.7 testnet mBTC in my account, and my suggestion is to add optional generating of new addresses each time I am sending new deposit.
It is much better for privacy, instead of reusing same address but I am not sure how complicated implementation of this feature is going to be for you.
Think about adding Lightning Network or other options when fees are high on Bitcoin mainnet.

Nice! Multiple addresses is in our to-do list, as is LN and other channels. In the future we'll also try to establish channels with other exchanges so that margin can be transfered immediately in between exchanges. This would help arbitrators quite a lot, because they hedge positions in different exchanges, and today they are often overcollateralized. They fear getting liquidated in one exchange even while making profits at another. But it remains to be seen how open big exchanges are to this idea.

In the long-term we also want to move to a hybrid model in which we allow decentralized custody in smart contracts while maintaining centralized orderbook and matching. We think this may provide most of the benefits of decentralized exchanges while allowing much more liquidity.

This may also allow US citizens to trade with us without legal problems on our side, as according to US legal interpretation we only have to be regulated as futures exchange if we are holding the users' margin as guarantee for trading.

I'm afraid we may let you down with our privacy commitments, though. While ideologically we are totally in favor of private transactions, for several reasons we don't want people to use our exchange to mix bitcoins. We may actually do the very opposite and publish all transaction data allowing anyone to link withdraw and deposit transactions, so that in some sense your account is just like a set of public addresses in the blockchain. By doing so we can counter the argument used by governments that exchanges either have to require KYC identification from all users or else they are complicit in money laundering.

Of course, users will be able to mix their incoming and outgoing transactions if they want! I see some exchanges (like Binance) harassing their users for depositing from or withdrawing to a mixer. That is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

It's working fine now, but I also had automatic logging-off from website like other members reported earielr.

Fixing that is top priority right now. It may take a few days but I'll let you all know once it is done.

Before placing BUY or SELL order we should be able to manually enter liquidation price, and order should stay in open orders until it's closed, and I would also add Profit and Loss section in left side.

You can see Profit and Loss in the "My Trades" tab. Users selecting their liquidation price (and therefore leverage being chose automatically) seems like a very good idea. We are designing a new interface to let users define more easily how much money they want to risk, at what price they want to close their positions and take profits, and so on. This may take quite a while, though. We have a very small team right now.

One more suggestion I have is to add 2FA to improve account security.

Also on the to-do list! We'll get that one done before we launch with real bitcoin.

When withdrawing, can you add the withdrawal address to the confirmation email? That's always a good check.
After clicking the confirmation link, I'm asked to login again (I don't think that step is necessary). My withdrawal is Pending now, so it seems to work. But the Pending amount isn't added to the Frozen amount (I think it should!).

When I open "Trading rules" on the bottom of the page in a new window, I'm again asked to login.

Great idea, we'll be sending withdraw address in the confirmation email. Logging in again is indeed not necessary.

Your balance should be frozen for the withdraw. I'll see what the problem is!

Edit 1:
We found the withdraw problem, and we are working on it.

Edit 2:
Our market making bot is currently having an issue. You may not see the prices updating as you would expect. I'm trying to get it fixed.
legendary
When withdrawing, can you add the withdrawal address to the confirmation email? That's always a good check.
After clicking the confirmation link, I'm asked to login again (I don't think that step is necessary). My withdrawal is Pending now, so it seems to work. But the Pending amount isn't added to the Frozen amount (I think it should!).

When I open "Trading rules" on the bottom of the page in a new window, I'm again asked to login.
legendary
Cashback 15%
I think you are right! No one cares about our potential tokens right now. But I must say that our tokens have actually nearly a 100% chance of being listed, because we are going to list it ourselves even if no one else will!
On what exchanges are you planning to list your token?
I guess if this token would have some real utility on your website than it would be ok, but most of the tokens we see in market are totally useless so I am always a bit skeptical about them, but thanks for sending some btc Wink

Yeah, we are only going to accept real bitcoin once things are running for quite a while with no problems. Also, we'll be using testnet bitcoins to test our safety protocols. Current we have an HD wallet in which only the master public key is in the servers to generate addresses to deposit, but we are working on making the HD wallet a hot wallet so that it can move funds in real time to our multisig cold storage.
I just deposited around 13.7 testnet mBTC in my account, and my suggestion is to add optional generating of new addresses each time I am sending new deposit.
It is much better for privacy, instead of reusing same address but I am not sure how complicated implementation of this feature is going to be for you.
Think about adding Lightning Network or other options when fees are high on Bitcoin mainnet.

Regarding your technical issue, I believe we were just updating the system the moment you tried. Can you try again and tell us if the problem persists?
It's working fine now, but I also had automatic logging-off from website like other members reported earielr.
Before placing BUY or SELL order we should be able to manually enter liquidation price, and order should stay in open orders until it's closed, and I would also add Profit and Loss section in left side.
One more suggestion I have is to add 2FA to improve account security.
legendary
I'm still not sure what I'm doing, for people new to this it's not very obvious what "buy" and "sell" does in relation with the margin and current price.

While trying, I got an error:
Image loading...
When I click "Contact us", it shortly shows a contact form, then jumps back to the error page. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

I might open a new topic eventually to get more feedback on the relative merits of the two solutions. Yes, 2-out-of-3 is the standard solution, but we don't have three trusted people in three geographically different regions.
Hence my question about the encrypted backups: is that really safer?

For instance, I do have a co-founder who lives nearby, but we can't hold one key each because we see each other nearly every day, or else someone might track us down and kidnap both of us at once. Other trusted people living further away are close friends and would not commit to keeping the funds safe in case me or my family is in danger.
So which one do you prefer: losing funds in a $5 wrench attack, or losing your life? Both options aren't desirable.
Bitcointalk uses this 3-of-5 multisig setup to hold (substantial) forum funds.

So this is quite a complicated problem if you think about it. We know it will probably take quite some time before we are entrusted with significant assets, but we take the responsibility of holding other people's money very seriously.
I've never found the perfect solution for my own keys, there's always the trade-off between the risk of losing access by myself, and someone else gaining access.

In the 2-out-of-2 multisig proposal that we are considering, the backup keys can be cross-encrypted. So we have:

P1 holding key A + encryption keys for backup of key B
P2 holding key B + encryption keys for backup of key A

So the person holding the backup key A can't team up with the person holding backup key B to steal the funds.
Did you mean "decryption keys" instead of "encryption keys"? If so: it looks to me like the opposite is true: P1 and the person holding backup key B together have all the information to decrypt the backup key, which gives them all they need to steal the funds.

If P1 dies, the person trusted by P1 holding the backup for key A will approach P2 and ask for the encryption key, and vice versa.
Allow me to edit this statement: If P1 doesn't die, the person trusted by P1 can approach P2 and ask for the encryption key. If P2 agrees, they split the money. And you wouldn't even know if it was P1 or his "trusted" person who made the deal with P2, they'd both have plausible deniability! At least with a 2-of-4 multisig where the person trusted by P1 holds a different (encrypted) key, you'd know for sure who signed the transaction stealing funds.

Moreover, kidnapping P1's loved ones is useless because, although P1 and P2 trust each other, neither P2 nor P2's backup holder have personal ties to P1.
Meme loading...

But yes, we agree this is a nonstandard solution, and we are going to ask the community for feedback on this approach before we make a decision.
Maybe it's worth looking into how exchanges handle this. They've lost many Bitcoins in the past, but seem to have improved their setups nowadays.

You are the second person to report being confused about the frozen funds, so that is something we definitively need to improve. What is happening here is that, while you do not have open orders, you do have open positions
Shouldn't those open positions show up under Open Orders? If not: where can I find back the details to those open positions?

One idea I am considering is having a small information icon next to the frozen balance, so that when the user hovers the mouse over it, a popup baloon appears explaining the breakdown of what is causing the balance to be frozen (how much due to open orders, how much due to open position, how much due to other stuff like pending withdraws).
That would help Smiley

Another idea is adding a line for an open position next to the open orders, along with a button for the user to close it, just like Binance and other exchanges have. This may help making it more clear that you do have a position open. Any other ideas?
So that explains my confusion: if "positions" are different from "orders", they should show up in the list under "Open Orders".

Our servers are running in AWS at the Tokyo region, so there may be some network ping for the orders to get there and ping back. Latency will get worse when using Tor, but the website should not get unresponsible because of that. May we reach up to you later to investigate this issue?
Sure, you know where to find me.

Just sent 0.6 mBTC, thanks!
Confirmed, thanks.
legendary
Also, we saw several withdraw requests, was it you?
Yep, I tried the withdrawal feature. But doesn't seem it works. I did receive the withdrawal request confirmation, but when I click it, it just shows your login page. When I log on, the withdrawal status doesn't change.

At first, I thought you didn't activate the withdrawing feature on this test mode, checking out the network log, it shows me an API 500 Internal Server Error. Turns out I'm requesting below the minimum required amount(<1mBtc). Maybe you could show a warning to the user if they requested below the minimum amount, I notice if I put 0, the site gives an error the amount not accepted.
copper member
Co-Founder at TickSpread
Things I noticed:
When I click Account, I see this:
Code:
Last login time 2021-02-15 07:00:26IP: 49.***.*.200
Email: test@****mail.com
Created at: 2020-01-20 12:23:20
Does that mean I'm seeing someone else's email address (and even IP address) (censored to post it here)?

This is just placeholder account information for a page that is not yet ready. Sorry for that, we updated to remove this page while we get it working.

Related to the image links you posted: Did you know a Copper Membership (around $20) allows you to post embedded images as a Newbie (otherwise you'd have to be at least Jr. Member).
Also: please check the forum rules: you should edit your last post if you're the last one who posted in a topic instead of making 2 posts in a row.

Thanks for the suggestion! Purchased it already, just waiting for the confirmation. Sorry for the two posts in a row, won't do that again.

We'll probably use a 2-out-of-2 multisig, with one of the keys with me here in Brazil and the other with our employee in North America, and both keys with encrypted copies somewhere else in case one of us dies
This sounds risky: who gets access to the encrypted copies, and doesn't that negate the use of multisig?
Have you considered 2-out-of-3 multisig instead? One in Brazil, one in North America, and the last key wherever you're currently keeping the 2 encrypted copies?

That is an interesting discussion, I might open a new topic eventually to get more feedback on the relative merits of the two solutions. Yes, 2-out-of-3 is the standard solution, but we don't have three trusted people in three geographically different regions. For instance, I do have a co-founder who lives nearby, but we can't hold one key each because we see each other nearly every day, or else someone might track us down and kidnap both of us at once. Other trusted people living further away are close friends and would not commit to keeping the funds safe in case me or my family is in danger. So this is quite a complicated problem if you think about it. We know it will probably take quite some time before we are entrusted with significant assets, but we take the responsibility of holding other people's money very seriously.

In the 2-out-of-2 multisig proposal that we are considering, the backup keys can be cross-encrypted. So we have:

P1 holding key A + encryption keys for backup of key B
P2 holding key B + encryption keys for backup of key A

So the person holding the backup key A can't team up with the person holding backup key B to steal the funds. If P1 dies, the person trusted by P1 holding the backup for key A will approach P2 and ask for the encryption key, and vice versa. Moreover, kidnapping P1's loved ones is useless because, although P1 and P2 trust each other, neither P2 nor P2's backup holder have personal ties to P1. We can verify that the backup holders have not lost their keys by giving them several other files encrypted with several other keys and asking them regularly to provide proof that they can open them.

But yes, we agree this is a nonstandard solution, and we are going to ask the community for feedback on this approach before we make a decision.

What's annoying, is that I was logged out after a while, without warning. I wasn't even unactive, I had just closed some trades.

Thanks for the feedback, this has happened to me as well, we are trying to investigate what is causing this issue. We'll let you know once it is fixed.

I can confim the Frozen funds:
Image loading...
It doesn't look right to have funds Frozen/Margin without open orders (but again: I feel like a total n00b in this). Or maybe it just takes a while to update the value?

You are the second person to report being confused about the frozen funds, so that is something we definitively need to improve. What is happening here is that, while you do not have open orders, you do have open positions, and these freeze your balance as well! The amount frozen is the most you can lose if the price goes against you and you get liquidated. You can see that the amount frozen is exacly what is in the "Total Margin" field of the position. Still, given that everybody is getting confused about that, we need to find a way to make it more intuitive!

One idea I am considering is having a small information icon next to the frozen balance, so that when the user hovers the mouse over it, a popup baloon appears explaining the breakdown of what is causing the balance to be frozen (how much due to open orders, how much due to open position, how much due to other stuff like pending withdraws).

Another idea is adding a line for an open position next to the open orders, along with a button for the user to close it, just like Binance and other exchanges have. This may help making it more clear that you do have a position open. Any other ideas?

We have a totally new matching engine that generates dozens of auctions per second.
Could it be the bots weren't on a bit earlier? Now the entire site gets quite unresponsive because of the quick movements everywhere. It might be because I'm using Tor (and my laptop is quite old), but it takes several seconds for a new order to be added.

Our servers are running in AWS at the Tokyo region, so there may be some network ping for the orders to get there and ping back. Latency will get worse when using Tor, but the website should not get unresponsible because of that. May we reach up to you later to investigate this issue?

Thanks for the very helpful feedback. You also made the first tBTC deposit and several trades. You even made a big high-leverage position and got liquidated!

Just sent 0.6 mBTC, thanks!

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/e7134e05efe43cb58142883bf5b5666833bfaf1e7fa12eb3dc8dcf7498c1b030

Gonna give a few inputs about the UI/UX.
I think it's better to match the order book tick size to the whole site theme. Displaying the default select box might look not too good. I also notice on the feedback page, the "Submit a Feedback" section, there is some text that overlaying the image on the smaller screen size.

Upon clicking the calculator(?) icon on the "Place Order" section, Did you intended to put the arrow left-facing? if the icon is intended to close the window, personally, it's better to make the arrow facing right, or maybe just change it to the exit icon. Also, it would be good if it is able to close the window when clicking outside the "Profit Calculator" window.

I also notice the dollar sign icon on the Position section alignment looks off compared to the others icon. The last thing is, I agree if you make a tutorial instruction on the Trade page.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be fixing all these issues! I feel we need to learn more about what is causing friction before we can create a good tutorial, though. Also, we saw several withdraw requests, was it you?

Thank you all!

Kelvin
legendary
Does that mean I'm seeing someone else's email address (and even IP address) (censored to post it here)?
Saw that too. Pretty sure it's just a placeholder.
It might be because I'm using Tor (and my laptop is quite old), but it takes several seconds for a new order to be added.
I did notice the site slower when I opened it over Tor, when I don't the site is quite fast.

Gonna give a few inputs about the UI/UX.
I think it's better to match the order book tick size to the whole site theme. Displaying the default select box might look not too good. I also notice on the feedback page, the "Submit a Feedback" section, there is some text that overlaying the image on the smaller screen size.

Upon clicking the calculator(?) icon on the "Place Order" section, Did you intended to put the arrow left-facing? if the icon is intended to close the window, personally, it's better to make the arrow facing right, or maybe just change it to the exit icon. Also, it would be good if it is able to close the window when clicking outside the "Profit Calculator" window.

I also notice the dollar sign icon on the Position section alignment looks off compared to the others icon. The last thing is, I agree if you make a tutorial instruction on the Trade page.
legendary
Things I noticed:
When I click Account, I see this:
Code:
Last login time 2021-02-15 07:00:26IP: 49.***.*.200
Email: test@****mail.com
Created at: 2020-01-20 12:23:20

I tried to deposit tBTC, but get "transaction failed" in Coinomi. It used to work just fine, but that problem is on my end. I used a 2 faucets instead, deposits arrived as expected.

Related to the image links you posted: Did you know a Copper Membership (around $20) allows you to post embedded images as a Newbie (otherwise you'd have to be at least Jr. Member).
Also: please check the forum rules: you should edit your last post if you're the last one who posted in a topic instead of making 2 posts in a row.

We'll probably use a 2-out-of-2 multisig, with one of the keys with me here in Brazil and the other with our employee in North America, and both keys with encrypted copies somewhere else in case one of us dies
This sounds risky: who gets access to the encrypted copies, and doesn't that negate the use of multisig?
Have you considered 2-out-of-3 multisig instead? One in Brazil, one in North America, and the last key wherever you're currently keeping the 2 encrypted copies?

I've tested 2 margin/forex trading sites before. I'm playing around on yours now. As before, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing Wink

What's annoying, is that I was logged out after a while, without warning. I wasn't even unactive, I had just closed some trades.

I can confim the Frozen funds:
Image loading...
It doesn't look right to have funds Frozen/Margin without open orders (but again: I feel like a total n00b in this). Or maybe it just takes a while to update the value?

We have a totally new matching engine that generates dozens of auctions per second.
Could it be the bots weren't on a bit earlier? Now the entire site gets quite unresponsive because of the quick movements everywhere. It might be because I'm using Tor (and my laptop is quite old), but it takes several seconds for a new order to be added.
copper member
Co-Founder at TickSpread

Regarding your technical issue, I believe we were just updating the system the moment you tried. Can you try again and tell us if the problem persists?
Pages:
Jump to: