Pages:
Author

Topic: Test for free our new futures exchange, and get paid bitcoin! - page 4. (Read 1007 times)

copper member
Activity: 24
Merit: 17
Co-Founder at TickSpread
I can't sell something I don't have because I went to cancel open order and I think you should improve interface and make it more intuitive.
Maybe adding some tutorial page with instructions would help with this.

Thank you for the feedback. What do you see in your balance + position panel?

Here you can see that my position is -8.5 mBTC. In your case, it should be something like +0.2 mBTC? If so, you can send a sell order to close the position. If it says your position is zero, and you have no open orders, and your balance is still frozen, then this is a bug and we need to investigate! Can you share a screenshot of what you see in this panel?

And yes, we absolutely need to improve the interface to make it more intuitive. It totally sucks right now! But we'll be improving it little by little thanks to feedback like yours. Very much appreciated!

Regarding making it more intuitive, what did you expect for the position? For instance, Binance has this:

Would something like this make more sense to you?

I would prefer to get a real Bitcoin as a gift, instead of some new speculative token that may never get listed on any exchanges.

I think you are right! No one cares about our potential tokens right now. But I must say that our tokens have actually nearly a 100% chance of being listed, because we are going to list it ourselves even if no one else will!

Nevertheless, changed it already, we'll pay 0.1 mBTC to 3.0 mBTC for helpful feedback! You deserve some already, sent 0.3 mBTC. Not much, but please keep testing it for us!

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/2d15ec661ebae90881f528c567d2da261feec53518ae4670d0c372434a9fca13

You can withdraw those coins to your own testnet BTC wallet, you can also deposit, and it's obviously done for testing, nobody is crazy enough to test something like this with real Bitcoin.

Yeah, we are only going to accept real bitcoin once things are running for quite a while with no problems. Also, we'll be using testnet bitcoins to test our safety protocols. Current we have an HD wallet in which only the master public key is in the servers to generate addresses to deposit, but we are working on making the HD wallet a hot wallet so that it can move funds in real time to our multisig cold storage. We'll also be developing and following safety protocols before signing the offline transactions, even while we are still using testnet bitcoins, so that we have enough practice with them.

We'll probably use a 2-out-of-2 multisig, with one of the keys with me here in Brazil and the other with our employee in North America, and both keys with encrypted copies somewhere else in case one of us dies

Personally, I do not encourage the use of leverage and risky trading like that, as even repetition and practice will not make you a professional.

Regarding leverage, yes it can be used irresponsably, especially if the user is putting a substantial part of its money at risk. But if you only risk a small amount of money in each trade, you can do short-term trades responsably, whether you are trading based on price signals, news, or just for entertainment. We encourage that by segregating margin per order and position. So you never lose more than what you define explicitly.

Also, leverage has several other legitimate uses:

• By making the same trades with less margin, you need to leave less of money in centralized exchanges, and so less custody risk. So users can own the keys for most of their money.
  • You can do some trades without having to wait for a deposit to be credited, which might make you lose opportunities.
  • Market makers use leverage to provide more liquidity, and this benefits all traders, whether they use leverage or not.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Regarding your balance, it looks like you still have a long position of +0.2 mBTC. If you close this position (by sending a sell order) your balance should be unfrozen (+/- your profits). You say you tried to cancel your position, what did you try to do? Maybe you can help us make it more intuitive.
I can't sell something I don't have because I went to cancel open order and I think you should improve interface and make it more intuitive.
Maybe adding some tutorial page with instructions would help with this.
One more issue I have today is that I can't place any order and I an getting error that something went wrong and that I should contact support:

Future tokens were just meant as a (small) thank you gift! If we do well these may be worth 100x-1000x in the future, but you don't need them for trading (in the future they'll give trading fee discounts and other benefits). Thanks for trying out, hope to see you coming back to close your position and trade more Cheesy
I would prefer to get a real Bitcoin as a gift, instead of some new speculative token that may never get listed on any exchanges.

what is the point of testnet coins here? testnet is moslty to test the new dev of the main network just like bitcoin main network with zero economic value.
You can give the user any amount as it is an update of the database and after he succeeds in successfully trying the platform, that balance can be replaced with your free tokens.
You can withdraw those coins to your own testnet BTC wallet, you can also deposit, and it's obviously done for testing, nobody is crazy enough to test something like this with real Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 3597
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
what is the point of testnet coins here? testnet is moslty to test the new dev of the main network just like bitcoin main network with zero economic value.
You can give the user any amount as it is an update of the database and after he succeeds in successfully trying the platform, that balance can be replaced with your free tokens.

Personally, I do not encourage the use of leverage and risky trading like that, as even repetition and practice will not make you a professional.
copper member
Co-Founder at TickSpread
This "five second trading" was just meant as an example of what you can do at our exchange that you definitively can't do elsewhere. Please feel free to do more traditional day trading.

Regarding your balance, it looks like you still have a long position of +0.2 mBTC. If you close this position (by sending a sell order) your balance should be unfrozen (+/- your profits). You say you tried to cancel your position, what did you try to do? Maybe you can help us make it more intuitive.

Future tokens were just meant as a (small) thank you gift! If we do well these may be worth 100x-1000x in the future, but you don't need them for trading (in the future they'll give trading fee discounts and other benefits). Thanks for trying out, hope to see you coming back to close your position and trade more Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
I created account and registered on your website and done some testing but one and five second trading is crazy unpredictable, and I don't understand why you would need to have any token for this.

After making few trades I have some of my testnet coins frozen and they stay frozen even after canceling my position, so is there any way unfreeze this coins and how?
copper member
Co-Founder at TickSpread
TickSpread.com is now live for testing!

We want to be the best exchange for short-term traders. No need to worry about taker or maker fees, and fees are never higher than 10% of your profits. You can literally be profitable buying and selling seconds later.

Create your account and you'll get a 0.1 mBTC in testnet bitcoin, so that you can immediately start trading with up to 100x leverage. Feel free to deposit more, and you can withdraw your profits later. We do not accept real bitcoins for now. Currently we have a single market, a bitcoin perpetual futures.

We have a totally new matching engine that generates dozens of auctions per second. This lets arbitrage bots compete against each other to generate price improvement for maker orders during sudden price shocks. That way we can have very small spreads without having to pay rebates to market makers. If you are interested in learning more, please wait for our whitepaper!

First 50 users to test the system for us will get some bitcoin for free as a thank you note.

Each user will get between 0.1 mBTC and 3.0 mBTC, depending on how much useful feedback you give us. To qualify you need to register + confirm email + make several trades. We may reach out by email to ask for feedback. We will not send you spam. Even after first 50 users we'll keep rewarding helpful feedback.

Enjoy!

Kelvin

NEW FEATURES

[1] Market orders! They now show price at which they are expected to execute.

[2] New pages:

[3] Notifications in the "Open Orders" and "My Trades" tabs.

[4] New "Pnl & Position" panel shows your PnL in real time! It also has a button for you to close your position. Calculator button lets you see your profits (including fees).

[5] Balance (total and frozen) is now displayed at the top bar. Total balance will flash green or red when you close a position to indicate a profit or loss.

[6] Flashes for changes in the orderbook and for new trades

BUG REPORTS / FEEDBACK

[1] Show popup information on why the balance is frozen (particularly for open positions). TODO

[2] Make open positions visible next to open orders, and have a button to close an open position. DONE

[3] Something went wrong popup when creating an order. FIXED

[4] Wrong (placeholder) information in the account page. FIXED. Page now displays work in progress, will display correct account information soon.

[5] Website unresponsive when using Tor. We have not investigated yet.

[6] Order book tick size (grouping) button does not match with website theme. TODO

[7] Submit a Feedback section has overlapping text. FIXED

[8] Calculator has arrow facing wrong side. FIXED

[9] Should close calculator window when clicking outside. FIXED

[10] Alignment on the position section. DONE, we have a new panel now

[11] Withdraw not being processed correctly (no balance frozen). FIXED. However, the old withdraw was processed with amount = 0.

[12] Withdraw request confirmation link points to login page. TODO

[13] Withdraw gives API 500 instead of warning amount is less than minimum. FIXED

[14] Server error, could not connect to TickSpread. FIXED, we are up and running again

[15] Add option to generate new addresses to deposit. NEW FEATURE planned for the future

[16] Automatic disconnect and logging off. FIXED (no security token expirations for now, this will change in production with real money of course).

[17] Set manual liquidation price for order, see Profit and Loss. ON PROGRESS - we are working on a new trading interface to make it much easier.

[18] 2FA for accounts. TODO - we'll do it before we launch with real bitcoin

[19] Add withdraw address in the confirmation email - TODO

[20] Trading rules link redirects to login - FIXED we removed this page for now, check the different pages on the services dropdown menu ("Contract & Fees", "Funding Payments", etc.)

[21] Bug that intermingles dark and light themes - INVESTIGATING

[22] Login error - FIXED, was giving wrong error details, gateway was down.

[24] Withdraw appears as confirmed, in a green box, when it is not complete yet - DONE colors should be more intuitive now.

[24] Withdraws failing to complete - FIXED

[25] Automatic withdraws - TODO (we process them manually now)

[26] Tutorial - NEW FEATURE planned for the future

[27] Real-time PNL Done! Check it out!

[28] More intuitive place order panel - NEW FEATURE

[29] Withdraw as pending does not freeze balance - DONE

[30] Better Limit button in place order - FIXED

[31] Proof of funds (will implement using hashes and Merkle trees) - NEW FEATURE

[32] Downtime (28/Jun, 11am-1pm) - FIXED

[33] Active/filled order doesn't automatically listed on the My Position - Probably fixed now, let me know if still happening

[34] Market order may often not execute and appear as a limit order - FIXED should not happen very often again, as we are increasing the limit price for them. We'll never have truly unlimited market orders to avoid trading mistakes, rather, we now set a high-limit for them. TODO cancel order when it does not execute immediately (Immediate-or-Cancel type) and give warning to user.

[35] Withdraw date messes up with table - TODO

[36] Price is empty when you click Limit order - TODO we'll put a default value close to current price.

[37] Price in Limit does not change when clicking on orderbook - FIXED

[38] When creating account, should let you know if we are waiting for email confirmation when you try to log in - TODO

[39] SERIOUS BUG You need balance to send any order, including orders to close your position. This means that if you create a position with all your margin, you may get a stuck position that you can't close.  This is a really bad bug. We are sorry for that. The only way to avoid that for now is leaving some available balance. We are working right now on a solution to this problem, but will take a while. We'll not launch with real money until this is fixed.

[40] Disable "Close Position" button when position is zero - DONE

[41] Some components may drop connection silently, and balance shows "0 mBTC" while loading - FIXED, and we now have a loading icon.

Bitcoin sent for helpful feedback:

0.3 mBTC to dkbit98
0.6 mBTC to LoyceV
0.3 mBTC to vv181
0.3 mBTC for BASE16
0.3 mBTC to atomicarthur

Thank you very much for all others that are testing, your feedback is really important to us!!!
Pages:
Jump to: