Pages:
Author

Topic: Texas Hold'em and Omaha/Omaha8 Poker Room - NL, Limit, Potlimit games - page 20. (Read 88131 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
depends on time =) i will be able to join game around 10pm GMT-5
LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
What about to play today? Smiley
Added "Hide Gravatar" in My Account - Edit form.
i disabled rake again. will try to fix wrong pot amount used and then will turn it on again. until then - game is totally free =)
Hey guys,

I think I reworked rake module to cap rake on 3BTC. Please, let me know if it will charge more.

I will try to reach author regarding HU blinds issue, but can't really tell for sure when it will happen. IMHO, He more concerned about licensing issue instead code from my short experience. =(

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Man this is frustrating.  I don't understand how the forum swallowed most of my post.  It was about 3x longer, well formatted, and included suggestions, etc.

Also included was what an explanation of what appeared to be a MAJOR bug in which the rake was not even based on the correct pot size!  I'm too frustrated to retype in entirety, but here's Cliff's:

* I'm 200 BB deep, Villain is 50 BB deep.  I CRAI on turn for my 200, villain called.  Rake appeared to calculated on a 250 BB pot (!!) when the pot was 100 BB (both of which, obv., should be above the cap.)

Winning ~3 BI over 75-150 hands and walking away with a ~25 BB profit is equivalent to a 92% rake.  A particularly harsh way to punish those players willing to play HU to start games, and a definite way to dry up your NL pool VERY quickly.  I wish I'd been paying more attention.

Site op, feel free to PM me with requests for elucidations/suggestions, etc...

I'm happy to deal with a perhaps necessarily clunky interface because poker and BTC are both fun things for me, but these issues really need to be addressed.

Best wishes, and kudos on the initiative; let me know if I can be of any service.

- Cynosure

I'm sorry if I'm late to the rake discussion, but I'd like to know the current state of affairs...  I've played there a number of times.

It appeared to me that the rake was exorbitant, higher than live, especially for what are often HU games, without hand histories, etc., I can't verify these things, but it struck me that the following were the case:

(....)
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
The rake needs capped for sure. PS and I believe other sites have a much lower rake cap for HU games. I think it's still 50 cents instead of $3. This is especially important if you need game starters. I think there are plenty of people who want to play full tables, but not HU. You need HU to get things started.

I know you are just using the default setting because it was the default, just want to make sure it's clear that it'll be important to growing a healthy active site to put a cap on.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I'm sorry if I'm late to the rake discussion, but I'd like to know the current state of affairs...  I've played there a number of times.

It appeared to me that the rake was exorbitant, higher than live, especially for what are often HU games, without hand histories, etc., I can't verify these things, but it struck me that the following were the case:
  • Rake was not capped?!  I believe that in some huge pots, i.e., larger than 250 BB), the rake that flashed by was some VERY large number, and certainly not a simple, truncated number that would indicate a cap, and NO ONE has a rake structure that is capped above 250 BB, even at the lowest limit live raketraps...
  • The consequence of this is that a relatively short HU match (in hands - it's a slow interface) that involved me winning maybe about 2.5 buyins total, I ended UP maybe about 50 BB
I totally agree, but I am a bit concerned about someones trying to keep privacy. So i'd like to hear opinions before I will publish list of nicknames =)
I have no problem with nicknames being shown.

One small request. I notice that if I have an email associated with my account it shows my gravatar. Is it possible to have an option to disable this?

Make sense. Will add to list of features requests =)
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
I totally agree, but I am a bit concerned about someones trying to keep privacy. So i'd like to hear opinions before I will publish list of nicknames =)
I have no problem with nicknames being shown.

One small request. I notice that if I have an email associated with my account it shows my gravatar. Is it possible to have an option to disable this?
Another question for people out there:

I plan to pay back some percentage of rake paid to top X performers. I thought about setting up public "Top X players" showing their rake profit. There is question - should I show real nicknames or use something like "Player 1", "Player 2" instead hidding who is really top performer. Any thoughts appreciated!

I think we'll have an idea of how much everyone plays anyway since it's a small pool for now. I guess that means show names. I suppose that's a little better transparency wise too, so that we all know that prizes are being paid to real people and not some phantom you invented  Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers

I plan to pay back some percentage of rake paid to top X performers. I thought about setting up public "Top X players" showing their rake profit. There is question - should I show real nicknames or use something like "Player 1", "Player 2" instead hidding who is really top performer. Any thoughts appreciated!

I think we'll have an idea of how much everyone plays anyway since it's a small pool for now. I guess that means show names. I suppose that's a little better transparency wise too, so that we all know that prizes are being paid to real people and not some phantom you invented  Tongue

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
As far as I know, Bitcoins ability to be exchanged for real money makes a gaming license a requirement whether the bets are made with a recognized currency or not. Play money on a poker site is something entirely different, as it has no real value.

I'll stop derailing the thread though. The site has merit, just be careful.
Okey. This is going to completely different topic =))

It's not gambling yet. Bitcoin is virtual currency (for government sake). It's just another web for-fun poker game.

Once it will become too serious, I will consider doing all law related stuff. Including obtaining gambling license if I will have to.

But really, I doubt this will happen soon. Right now I want to focus on fellow bitcoiners and provide another way of having fun for their minted/traded bitcoins, rather then trying to build any serious business out of it. So most important stuff for me right now - bugs and features of poker room itself =)
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
It's the fact that it is law, and that people thing that's just what it is "in everyone's best interest" that puzzles me. I don't want to break the law, I don't have an issue with having the notice, it's the fact that people feel the notice is needed that shows the current state of afairs Smiley

Sometimes I wonder why we should respect laws we don't agree with.

'cos law - is opinion of majority. and if you do not agree - you are minority. =) BTW, you can disrespect law, but you have to follow it to live with in society which use it without problems. =)

Well, yeah, the way society is wired now... but you should be able to not follow law, assuming you don't break it, so here it should be unlawful to entice minors to gamble, but if they do, well, tough.
But we don't put responsability in people, which is why we have laws and courts. We just don't trust people's good will or common sense. Yeah, some are crooks, but why do we all live under the assumption we are crooks?

while we're on politics, why not touch religion? Smiley Do god fearing people really need a priest saying they should not steal? C'mon! isn't that just common sense? No, because if they do steal there's a punishment. So stealing is not something one shouldn't do, but rather something you pay for if you do... as most good things are.
It's the fact that it is law, and that people thing that's just what it is "in everyone's best interest" that puzzles me. I don't want to break the law, I don't have an issue with having the notice, it's the fact that people feel the notice is needed that shows the current state of afairs Smiley

'cos law - is opinion of majority. and if you do not agree - you are minority. =) BTW, you can disrespect law, but you have to follow it to live with in society which use it without problems. =)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
You guys can call it "censorship" all you want but it doesn't take away from the fact that in the United States you can get in deep trouble for making a wager with a minor over the internet. Of course you'll argue "I had no idea he was only 15!", but the fact that you knowingly played poker at a site that did not even post an age restriction, well, "you should have known better" is what it will come down to.

You can take the risk if you want but I honestly see no point in doing so. Stand up for what you believe in, but this would hardly be the way to go about it. I can give my 5% rake to a poker table that I barely have to worry about technical issues, security, or legality. It has nothing to do with my stance on underage gambling, but all to do with my country's stance on this issue. If I object to that, I'll argue the law and try to change it, not disobey the law and explain myself later.

This makes perfect sense and will be done sometimes. But just not now. Right now the whole bitcoins world is in it's infancy.
Pages:
Jump to: