Pages:
Author

Topic: 🏈🏈 The American Football Discussion Thread 🏈🏈 - page 36. (Read 49710 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Just checking with the group is my vote in and are ypu waiting on anything from me pre draft?  Glad we moved into a 12 team league there is much more strategy in terms of draft, waiver wire, and trades.  In a 10 team league I generally keep the same roster unless there is a bye.  This year is gonna be fun can't wait tonget it kicked up.

I don't see that you have voted.

Also the Waiver vote is complete and we now have a second vote on the waiver sub type.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62782628

OK guys I've tallied up the votes so far but cannot find Yahoos post where IIRC he said he was abstaining?
also IIRC I had Nutildah from earlier stating that he wanted no changes from last year but didnt find that post so there is no link from that but i had already added his votes.

ANYTHING WRONG here just let me know and I'll update.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
* denotes last years setting

1) South Park: Should we change the playoff format?

And let 6 teams to move to the playoffs with the top two teams getting a BYE or maybe expand it to 8 teams as some may not like not playing their teams on the most important part of the season?

Playoff spots:

a)4 *
nutildah, hueristic, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter

b)6
suchmoon, South Park, morvillz7z

c)8

d)abstain
seek3r

*****************************************************************************************************************

2)DireWolfM14:What do you guys think of having two payouts?  
I was thinking the second place team gets double the entry fee, and winner takes the rest.  

Payout places
a)1*
morvillz7z, bbc.reporter

b)2*
suchmoon, South Park, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter, nutildah, Hueristic

c)3

d)MORE

e) abstain
seek3r

*note 1st place was split last year as the death on the field cancelled a game with league players, because of this I am not apllying suchmoon, nutildah's "no change" to this until they confirm.

**********************************************************************************************************************

3)morvillz7z: replace kicker with a flex spot  

a) yes
morvillz7z

b) no*
suchmoon, nutildah, South Park, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter

C) don't care/abstain
Hueristic, seek3r

**************************************************************************************************************************

4) OK now on the waiver method, due to the choices being multifaceted it can become complicated to vote for one.

So the current voting options are.

a)reverse order All done and now in second vote for type of ROS
suchmoon, South Park, morvillz7z, DireWolfM14, nutildah, Hueristic

b)continuous rolling*

c) don't care/abstain
bbc.reporter, seek3r

**************************************************************************************************************************

Link to votes:
1.  ChiBitCTy
2.  Hhampuz
3.  morvillz7z      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62767298
4.  seek3r           https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62768039
5.  South Park     https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62767253
6.  yahoo62278
7.  suchmoon      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62766929
8.  nutildah         https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62785600
9.  DireWolfM14  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62767367
10.  Hueristic      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62766844
11.  wheelz1200
12.  bbc.reporter https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62767788

So to boil it down this is what you still have to vote on.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

And let 6 teams to move to the playoffs with the top two teams getting a BYE or maybe expand it to 8 teams as some may not like not playing their teams on the most important part of the season?

Playoff spots:

a)4 *
nutildah, hueristic, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter

b)6
suchmoon, South Park, morvillz7z

c)8

d)abstain
seek3r

*****************************************************************************************************************

I was thinking the second place team gets double the entry fee, and winner takes the rest.  

Payout places
a)1*
morvillz7z, bbc.reporter

b)2*
suchmoon, South Park, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter, nutildah, Hueristic

c)3

d)MORE

e) abstain
seek3r

*note 1st place was split last year as the death on the field cancelled a game with league players, because of this I am not apllying suchmoon, nutildah's "no change" to this until they confirm.

**********************************************************************************************************************

a) yes
morvillz7z

b) no*
suchmoon, nutildah, South Park, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter

C) don't care/abstain
Hueristic, seek3r

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62786645

*********************************************************************************************************************************
4) Reverse Order of Standings type:

1) Basic Reverse Order of Standings

2)
Weekly Rolling List Based on Standings (advanced Reverse Order of Standings)

bbc.reporter

*********************************************************************************************************************************

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
Just checking with the group is my vote in and are ypu waiting on anything from me pre draft?  Glad we moved into a 12 team league there is much more strategy in terms of draft, waiver wire, and trades.  In a 10 team league I generally keep the same roster unless there is a bye.  This year is gonna be fun can't wait tonget it kicked up.
legendary
@Hueristic. Can I change my vote on the waiver method? If allowed, I vote for weekly rolling list based on standings. I will certainly need this heehehe.

It's not a vote change its just a vote for which version ROS and I have tallied your vote.

Reverse Order of Standings type:

2)

bbc.reporter

3) don't care/abstain
Hueristic, seek3r

I've added context to the choices to better clarify that they are in fact both "Reverse Order of Standings" just 2 versions that yahoo allows.

I didn't want to add the 2 versions in the initial vote as it could have split the vote and then continual could have won even if a majority wanted ROS as that is what it looked like.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458
@Hueristic. Can I change my vote on the waiver method? If allowed, I vote for weekly rolling list based on standings. I will certainly need this heehehe.
legendary
OK this is the choices with reverse order waiver, both are reverse order with a slight variation on the second one.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6427.html

About Reverse Order of Standings waiver priority

Managers are ranked from high to low to determine who wins a waiver claim.
    The initial priority rank is determined by the league's draft:
        Live and Autopick Drafts - The last draft position gets 1st rank.
        Offline Drafts - The last to register gets 1st rank.
    After each Game Week in the regular season, the waiver priority list is reset:
        The new rank is determined by the reverse order of the current league standings (the manager with the lowest league standing gets 1st rank).
        When playoffs begin, the waiver priority list stops resetting.
    Ranks are not affected by:
        Successful waiver claims.
        Stat corrections that affect the league standings after the current week's rank has been determined.

About Weekly Rolling List Based on Standings waiver priority

This priority is the same as the "Reverse Order of Standings" waiver priority, except that when a manager's claim is successful, that manager drops to the bottom of the priority list.

So the choices are:

Reverse Order of Standings type:

2)

I personally think the second is fairer to those that don't use the waver as often as far as I understand it.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
@Hueristic. I am afraid it will my team who will be having much problems by week 5 hehe. I have been doing more than 50 mock drafts from the 12th position and I cannot find a good strategy to get much of the players I need that will give a good win-loss record to enter the playoffs. My gameboys are overheating.
Picking on the extreme positions of the draft is difficult because with your first pick you need to get value, basically if you think that a player will be better this season and it slipped through for some reason or another you need to draft him, however with your second pick you need to overdraft a player you think may not be on the board by the next time you get to pick, so it is as if you have to use two strategies at the same time, which makes it difficult to do a good job with either of them.

While picking on the middle is way easier as you just have to concentrate yourself on getting the best player available, and this allows you to be way more consistent with your picks.

It's all built into the strategy what position you draft and what positions you should be drafting at those spots.  I don't mind anywhere to draft from but pick 1 is uneventful and with the snake draft you have to wait so long same with 12th.  I kind of like the middle spots personally.  Just glad the season is finally here!
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
@Hueristic. I am afraid it will my team who will be having much problems by week 5 hehe. I have been doing more than 50 mock drafts from the 12th position and I cannot find a good strategy to get much of the players I need that will give a good win-loss record to enter the playoffs. My gameboys are overheating.
Picking on the extreme positions of the draft is difficult because with your first pick you need to get value, basically if you think that a player will be better this season and it slipped through for some reason or another you need to draft him, however with your second pick you need to overdraft a player you think may not be on the board by the next time you get to pick, so it is as if you have to use two strategies at the same time, which makes it difficult to do a good job with either of them.

While picking on the middle is way easier as you just have to concentrate yourself on getting the best player available, and this allows you to be way more consistent with your picks.
legendary
OK guys I've tallied up the votes so far but cannot find Yahoos post where IIRC he said he was abstaining?
also IIRC I had Nutildah from earlier stating that he wanted no changes from last year but didnt find that post so there is no link from that but i had already added his votes.

2 - please change to b (2 payout spots)
4 - please change to a (reverse order)

other two are good

thanks

Done, and I changed my votes on those 2 so we now have a majority on them.

I will get the last vote poll up as soon as I can.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

2 - please change to b (2 payout spots)
4 - please change to a (reverse order)

other two are good

thanks
legendary
OK guys gonna have to make a deadline for voting on the waiver wire type because if reverse order wins as it looks like it will we still have to vote on which type of which there are 2 options.

MAKE SURE to check that I have tallied your votes correctly!

So I think getting your votes in by 7pm EST today will give us enough time to get the last vote in before draft time.

Link to vote post:

Posted here, on discord, Emailed and PM'd to:

ChiBitCTy
Hhampuz
morvillz7z  
seek3r      
South Park  
yahoo62278
suchmoon    
nutildah
DireWolfM14  
Hueristic  
wheelz1200
bbc.reporter
legendary

I'm just ready for the season to start so i can whoop all your asses with backups lol.

This person does not have a health problem!!!!!
I'm lost?

I am only joking and admiring the attitude hehehe.

LOL, don't forget with 12 teams all of them will be far weaker than last years was so no matter how many times you draft they will look bad out of the gate. Wink

Your advantage right now is you will get to choose 2 in a row so you can set the pace for round 2 so think on that.  And don't forget you picked first last year and actually picked the best possible pick and still didn't win so picking first is not all its cut out to be. Personally I'd rather pick 12th than first.
legendary

I'm just ready for the season to start so i can whoop all your asses with backups lol.

I'm lost?

I am only joking and admiring the attitude hehehe.

legendary

Just put me down for whatever the majority is up for, long as everything is fair. I'm just ready for the season to start so i can whoop all your asses with backups lol.

If he doesn't now he will by week 5 just like the rest of us !!!!
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 4440

I'm lost?
legendary

Just put me down for whatever the majority is up for, long as everything is fair. I'm just ready for the season to start so i can whoop all your asses with backups lol.

legendary

The majority at the end of voting or the majority right now? Tongue
lol if I'm needed for a tie breaker(which obviously shouldn't happen) then i'll make some votes. I think everyone pretty much going to agree with whatever you guys did last year, so there shouldn't be much of an issue.
legendary

The majority at the end of voting or the majority right now? Tongue
legendary

legendary

ANYTHING WRONG here just let me know and I'll update.

Playoff spots:

a)4 *
nutildah, hueristic, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter, ChiBitCTy, yahoo62278

b)6
suchmoon, South Park, morvillz7z, wheelz1200

c)8

d)abstain
seek3r, Hhampuz

Payout places
a)1*
morvillz7z, bbc.reporter

b)2*
suchmoon, South Park, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter, nutildah, Hueristic, ChiBitCTy, yahoo62278

c)3

d)MORE

e) abstain
seek3r, wheelz1200, Hhampuz

a) yes
morvillz7z

b) no*
suchmoon, nutildah, South Park, DireWolfM14, bbc.reporter, , ChiBitCTy, wheelz1200, yahoo62278

C) don't care/abstain
Hueristic, seek3r, Hhampuz

4) OK now on the waiver method, due to the choices being multifaceted it can become complicated to vote for one.

So the current voting options are.

a)reverse order
suchmoon, South Park, morvillz7z, DireWolfM14, nutildah, Hueristic, yahoo62278

b)continuous rolling*

c) don't care/abstain
bbc.reporter, seek3r, Hhampuz

Link to votes:
1.  ChiBitCTy       https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62794659
2.  Hhampuz       abstain as per discord
3.  morvillz7z      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62767298
4.  seek3r           https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62768039
5.  South Park     https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62767253
6.  yahoo62278   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62782636
7.  suchmoon      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62766929
8.  nutildah         https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62785600
9.  DireWolfM14  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62767367
10.  Hueristic      https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62766844
11.  wheelz1200  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62794743
12.  bbc.reporter https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62767788

legendary
@ChiBitCTy. However, in many of the games Christian McCaffrey will be given most of the carries going to the endzone for the touchdown. We cannot be 100% certain of this but I will be very happy to draft him as the 12th pick on the 1st round hehehehe.

In any case, in the mock drafts it appears that everyone is improving their cheatsheets. I can be 2nd or 3rd in the standings drafting from 11th and 12th last week but presently I can only be 7th and lower.
Pages:
Jump to: