Pages:
Author

Topic: The best way to quit gambling for good - page 15. (Read 20135 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 23, 2017, 06:56:45 AM
The bad influence of gambling is when a person no longer has anything to gamble, they would borrow money from others, sell their valuable goods, or even worse commit crimes to get money in order to fulfill their desire to gamble. May we be spared from that bad influence!

Some people stop when they have nothing to gamble anymore , some people that gamble heavily means that they are losing hope of their life and just want to stop their suffering therefore they gamble all their possession and hope that they could get profit from it however most people will ended up losing in the game
You can't just tell to people to stop even they already lose from gambling they will find ways to have a money and play it on again from gambling using debts just to gambling to be honest in one or more years that people will die in debts. However if you can't really win find another thing where you can spend your time find a descent job. Not loosing your money from gambliing.
They have their own line and they will decide for it, and because they are still not accepting defeat they will always seek for revenge in a way of getting their loses back. It's normally our attitude, we always want to win so we feel contented we have achieve something that most of gamblers has failed. Quitting is not easy as people say, the only person who can feel and decide on what to do are those who are in the situation, the least we can do is just to support by give constant advise.

You got that well dude. People have different views towards gambling and depending on how deep gambling's influence on acertain peraon, sometimes its easy, sometimes it almost impossible to give people a valid and good reason to stop. I've been in that situation once when i started out with poker. But once i saw that there's conflict brewing between my gambling and my family, it didn't take me long to rralizr i have to moderate my playtime, and i was able to do so. So i think people should just be aware of where gambling is intheir lives and that there are far more important things that our vices
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
February 22, 2017, 02:38:20 AM
The bad influence of gambling is when a person no longer has anything to gamble, they would borrow money from others, sell their valuable goods, or even worse commit crimes to get money in order to fulfill their desire to gamble. May we be spared from that bad influence!

Some people stop when they have nothing to gamble anymore , some people that gamble heavily means that they are losing hope of their life and just want to stop their suffering therefore they gamble all their possession and hope that they could get profit from it however most people will ended up losing in the game
You can't just tell to people to stop even they already lose from gambling they will find ways to have a money and play it on again from gambling using debts just to gambling to be honest in one or more years that people will die in debts. However if you can't really win find another thing where you can spend your time find a descent job. Not loosing your money from gambliing.
They have their own line and they will decide for it, and because they are still not accepting defeat they will always seek for revenge in a way of getting their loses back. It's normally our attitude, we always want to win so we feel contented we have achieve something that most of gamblers has failed. Quitting is not easy as people say, the only person who can feel and decide on what to do are those who are in the situation, the least we can do is just to support by give constant advise.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
February 19, 2017, 12:37:13 PM

Merit: 502
February 19, 2017, 11:36:22 AM

I agree. there are people who would do anything just to fulfill their gambling desires no matter what the consequences are and whether it will affect their families and loved ones. I think for these people, there's really no effective ways to have them quit except to get professional help already. of course their loved ones and families have a big part to play in rehabilitation but for them to be able to quit, it has to start from somewhere. and most likely if you're someone who's having difficult time thinking clearly when it comes to gambling addiction, an outside help would definitely be a lot of help
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
February 19, 2017, 11:09:51 AM

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
February 19, 2017, 10:57:44 AM
Don't have the money, I'm sure if you had no money then you will stop gambling. Because gambling is to use money, so that if there is no money then we will not be gambling.

I don't understand how a person cannot have money. Gamblers are those who are working and earning something, no one with no money can go to gamble because they can't do it, and if a person is already earning and addicted to gambling then they will surely use some of their money to gamble and they cannot have no money if they are having jobs.

Yeah and even if addicted gamblers don't gave money, they most certainly will try to find a way, either by borrowing or loaning or even selling personal belongings. So yeah i don't think being without money actually would be a reason someone would quit. For me quitting is more on psychological and emotional aspect. As long as you have control over those, quitting would be easy for anyone

- Yes, gambling has a bad influence on our character, gambling addicts could turn to petty crime to feed their habit. I have seen a man had stolen thousands of dollars to satisfy his gambling addiction, this is awful. "Quit gambling", it depends on ourselves, let's face it and try to change, if we try, we will congration
Gambling addiction would really purge us to make illegal things that we shouldn't supposed to do when we are on normal thinking which means addiction does really give big affect on ourselves regarding on our decision making and awareness on what is good and bad.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
February 19, 2017, 10:04:46 AM
Don't have the money, I'm sure if you had no money then you will stop gambling. Because gambling is to use money, so that if there is no money then we will not be gambling.

I don't understand how a person cannot have money. Gamblers are those who are working and earning something, no one with no money can go to gamble because they can't do it, and if a person is already earning and addicted to gambling then they will surely use some of their money to gamble and they cannot have no money if they are having jobs.

Yeah and even if addicted gamblers don't gave money, they most certainly will try to find a way, either by borrowing or loaning or even selling personal belongings. So yeah i don't think being without money actually would be a reason someone would quit. For me quitting is more on psychological and emotional aspect. As long as you have control over those, quitting would be easy for anyone

- Yes, gambling has a bad influence on our character, gambling addicts could turn to petty crime to feed their habit. I have seen a man had stolen thousands of dollars to satisfy his gambling addiction, this is awful. "Quit gambling", it depends on ourselves, let's face it and try to change, if we try, we will congration
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
February 19, 2017, 09:42:48 AM

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
February 19, 2017, 07:54:57 AM

Well, I think I disagree. very difficult for a person to stop his hobby, and that includes gambling. I believe, no money and not be a problem in gambling, and it will not make people stop, but, losing money so fast, that makes people want to stop the gambling game, and it is sometimes the reason they want to get out quickly from the habit.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
February 19, 2017, 07:20:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
February 19, 2017, 04:23:04 AM
Quitting is not easy for anybody when they are addicted.

The most important thing is to avoid getting into situations where you get exposed to your addiction.

With alcohol, you don't go to a bar, with drugs, you don't go to your dealer. With online gambling, this is much more difficult. Adds are everywhere. The only thing you can do is block all adds that signal you to gambling  and avoid going to websites that discuss it.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
February 19, 2017, 03:26:54 AM
mind and emotion are the hardest enemy or should I say yourself will always be your enemy. Though your mind will say that you want to stop, still your body wants it.
Irresistibly true. Our emotions are our enemies to make us keep on playing without  bothering about our commitments. Quitting gambling must need mechanical action for the sake of our wellness as well as our family's.

By changing your addiction to another addiction that can help yourself in many ways will be better, like playing some sports.
Again we need to use our mind here. My best friend to quit gambling, he got practice to smoking and alcohol. Now he's addicted to these. I guess it is more injurious to health than gambling.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
February 19, 2017, 03:14:33 AM

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
February 19, 2017, 02:58:28 AM

One of the reasons also why we cannot quit is because we are always thinking of our loses, we cannot accept we lose that much and no matter what we will have to recover our loses. We failed to understand that every time we gamble the house has always the advantage so the more we are eager to recover it, the more we will be losing until such time we cannot recover anymore and worst thing is we cannot gamble anymore as we do not have something left.

People could quit if they want to quit thats depend on how that person's mindset about gambling. Everytime we gamble the result will be differen that is why people want to keep on trying however the fatal mistake is that when they gamble what they are not supposed to gamble therefore it will become addiction.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
February 18, 2017, 07:58:44 PM
Just think about how much you have lost, how much you will loose and on a serious note, guys the betting sites are getting richer and richet not for fun but because people believe that they can win against the house.
One of the reasons also why we cannot quit is because we are always thinking of our loses, we cannot accept we lose that much and no matter what we will have to recover our loses. We failed to understand that every time we gamble the house has always the advantage so the more we are eager to recover it, the more we will be losing until such time we cannot recover anymore and worst thing is we cannot gamble anymore as we do not have something left.
Merit: 501
February 18, 2017, 07:40:00 PM
Quitting gambling is like quitting anything else. You going to need the support of your family and counselling. Often gambling ia not the main issue but there is an underlining issue that causes us to GQ!ble too much and pstchologistssre a good idea to go and see to make sure the problem is not something else. Gamblers often share a personilty disorder for those who are addicted.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 18, 2017, 06:21:39 PM
Just think about how much you have lost, how much you will loose and on a serious note, guys the betting sites are getting richer and richet not for fun but because people believe that they can win against the house.
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
February 18, 2017, 03:17:06 PM
But if a person is extremely addicted to gambling then lacking of money will not be enough for them to stop the gambling because they will try to get money from different ways to gamble with them to fulfill their addiction like they will get some loan from their friends and relatives and will gamble with them some may try illegal ways like will steal money from others.
we have so many examples from our daily life that when a person is out of money in gambling then he try to find some unfair means for playing gambling. but he find it hare to stop gambling at all. so to stop gambling is not so easy as we consider it.
yes but i think only nonsense person can do that.  otherwise there are so many people who are addicted but still they try to play gambling in a limit. i think most of underdeveloped countries such kind of issues occur that people even sell their properties and their wives julary for playing gambling. while in modern areas such kind of issues are comparatively less.
Activity: 840
February 18, 2017, 11:15:46 AM
But if a person is extremely addicted to gambling then lacking of money will not be enough for them to stop the gambling because they will try to get money from different ways to gamble with them to fulfill their addiction like they will get some loan from their friends and relatives and will gamble with them some may try illegal ways like will steal money from others.
we have so many examples from our daily life that when a person is out of money in gambling then he try to find some unfair means for playing gambling. but he find it hare to stop gambling at all. so to stop gambling is not so easy as we consider it.
Activity: 1092
February 18, 2017, 10:05:05 AM
I saw many people suggesting to gambler that bet huge amount and need help to stop gambling, what they suggest is limit his own bankroll and reduce the amount over period of times, this method will not work seriously. Because of human mentality, casino win on human mentality vs players. Reason is when player win, they feel money is so easy to get and they want to win more, and when they start to lose, they start to bet more and want to recover back their losses.

I will explain below:

once you deposit and loses money, you will have the mentality to deposit more and think of recovering your losses, at this point of time, you already don't want to win profit anymore. you target is just to recover your losses, and you tell yourself too when if I recover all my losses back, I will stop.

But at this point of time, you start to lose more and more, the more you deposit, the more you lose. At this point, devil already control you, you will see nothing beside anger and desperation.

Just ask yourself honestly, how many times have you met with the scenario I describe above, I cannot change human mind, every person have their own thinking, but I wish if anyone read my post, go think of it calmly and if you get what I mean, just quit gambling for good, life is not all about gambling, stop sitting in front of the PC and thinking money will drop from the sky. There is no free lunch in the world, get a stable job, lead a normal and happy life, enjoying good food or even holiday with your hard earn money is even better.

To quit gambling for good is don't deposit even $1 at all, just play with free faucet for fun and and find something else to do other than gambling. Maybe meet up your friends for dinner or movies or playing PC games is another good way.

To be honest in this forum, quitting in gambling in others are not just simple to do it. because once you found to yourself that you totally addicted in the games, perhaps where not talking about the money anymore and possession too. The concern was the family, love ones, friendship and our mental aspects. So the best tools that we can use for this things for us to be free in this comfort zone, I think we should have a desire to change it.
Pages:
Jump to: